Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Telegraph article with David Bottomley 17:49 - Apr 8 with 6879 viewsCedar_Room

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/08/football-brink-league-one-rochda

Anyone got a subscription to tell us what this says?
Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 1753 viewsNigeriamark

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 16:47 - Apr 10 by TalkingSutty

Until we have clarification of what is happening with future fixture then Clubs are stuck. If this season was declared null and void then season tickets could now be in the process of being sorted out and so could new shirt sales etc. That money could be the difference between some Clubs surviving or going under.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 16:55]

We are lucky that this season is probably going to include the biggest total windfall we have ever had. If we had received them last year we may have spent a lot of it, and if next year it may have been too late. I would imagine with the upfront payments and I assume still some money in the bank we may be one of the better placed clubs. One key issue may be sponsorship. The fans will come back but a number of our sponsors may not be in a position to make commitments.
Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 19:47 - Apr 10 with 1683 viewsTalkingSutty

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 10 by Nigeriamark

We are lucky that this season is probably going to include the biggest total windfall we have ever had. If we had received them last year we may have spent a lot of it, and if next year it may have been too late. I would imagine with the upfront payments and I assume still some money in the bank we may be one of the better placed clubs. One key issue may be sponsorship. The fans will come back but a number of our sponsors may not be in a position to make commitments.

Yes agree with that, there will be many lower league clubs a lot worse off than us. Pulling Man United and Newcastle out of the hat, coupled with the sale of Matheson and upcoming money from the Dawson deal will buffer us. The recently announced £50 Million shareout from the EFL will also cover the 250K shortfall as a result of not completing our fixtures, that was the figure DB quoted when the season was suspended. As you point out attracting sponsorship could prove a big problem, money will be tight for a lot of businesses once this comes to a conclusion.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 19:49]
Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 20:14 - Apr 10 with 1658 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 19:47 - Apr 10 by TalkingSutty

Yes agree with that, there will be many lower league clubs a lot worse off than us. Pulling Man United and Newcastle out of the hat, coupled with the sale of Matheson and upcoming money from the Dawson deal will buffer us. The recently announced £50 Million shareout from the EFL will also cover the 250K shortfall as a result of not completing our fixtures, that was the figure DB quoted when the season was suspended. As you point out attracting sponsorship could prove a big problem, money will be tight for a lot of businesses once this comes to a conclusion.

Wonder if FFCBFC will try and get a little bite of this claiming they existed at the start of the season, would not shock me

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 05:31 - Apr 11 with 1578 viewskiwidale

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 20:14 - Apr 10 by Thacks_Rabbits

Wonder if FFCBFC will try and get a little bite of this claiming they existed at the start of the season, would not shock me

That did cross my mind also whether there is a legal loophole that Bury can exploit if this season is null and voided. Lets say Bury in whatever guise get out of the courts with a viable business plan?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 5:32]

This is not the time for bickering.

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 07:50 - Apr 11 with 1550 viewsNigeriamark

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 05:31 - Apr 11 by kiwidale

That did cross my mind also whether there is a legal loophole that Bury can exploit if this season is null and voided. Lets say Bury in whatever guise get out of the courts with a viable business plan?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2020 5:32]

I think only the original entity or restructured version could potentially stay in league 1. The Phoenix club is a new entity so wouldn't qualify
Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 18:05 - Apr 11 with 1429 viewsRAFCBLUE

Telegraph article with David Bottomley (n/t) on 19:47 - Apr 10 by TalkingSutty

Plus the proposed works to the pitch, electronic ticketing etc are all choices.

They don't have to be enacted and given the issues with disruption who knows if the entities who were being considered have the ability to deliver them.

We are in a very good position in the sense that we are broadly debt free and we live within our means. The cash from two transfers and the two cup runs put us in a decent position.

Our challenge will be player recruitment for what will be broadly a very new squad and getting the town of Rochdale, who will be reeling from the economic impact back through the turnstiles again.

The economics are always tight but for the next 12-18 months never tighter.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Telegraph article with David Bottomley on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 1113 viewsShun

He’s in the Daily Mail today with some really sensible comments. He, along with Holt of Accrington, seem like the forerunners of the few clubs who genuinely want to see real change to the league and how clubs are allowed to manage finances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024