Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you could have signed one player 12:02 - Apr 27 with 8939 viewsAtThePeake

Moving things back to football...

One of the ideas for a podcast topic that we've had is to talk about players we'd have loved to have seen in a Dale shirt, so for some inspiration I thought I'd ask - if you could have signed one player from an opposition team, who would it be? (Trying to keep it as realistic as possible, I don't think Harry Kane was about to jump ship from Spurs).

Kevin Ellison has to be up there for me. I remember when he signed for Morecambe my Dad said we should have gone for him but I told him he was too old. 9 years, 340 appearances and 81 goals later I think I've been proven wrong. Always got under the skin of opposition players and fans, could play in a few different positions and seemed to carry a constant threat, even in his advancing years.

On the other end of the scale - which players are you glad we never signed? I remember being quite heavily linked with both Tes Bramble and Shaun Harrad in the past only for both to sign for different local sides and neither quite lived up to expectations. Expensive bullets dodged on both occasions I think.

Tangled up in blue.

If you could have signed one player on 19:16 - Apr 29 with 1343 viewsmingthemerciless

If you could have signed one player on 14:57 - Apr 29 by davidab2202

Certainly one player who on the strength of performances at Spotland that tore us apart on the night was Junior Bent playing for Huddersfield in a F.A cup replay if my memory serves me well.
Another young player who impressed me was Jason Puncheon when playing for Barnet ,no surprise that he went on to have a pretty reasonable career.Ironically now plying his trade at Paphos in Cyprus just a stones throw down the road from where I spend much of my retirement

Yes I remember the game were Junior Bent created havoc down the wing. I thought he'd go on to greater things but I don't think he did really.
If you could have signed one player on 22:24 - Apr 29 with 1273 viewssince58

If you could have signed one player on 19:16 - Apr 29 by mingthemerciless

Yes I remember the game were Junior Bent created havoc down the wing. I thought he'd go on to greater things but I don't think he did really.

Going back to another thread he was a a one hit wonder.
If you could have signed one player on 06:12 - Apr 30 with 1218 viewsdavidab2202

If you could have signed one player on 19:16 - Apr 29 by mingthemerciless

Spent a few years playing for Bristol City after leaving Huddersfield,but agree that night he looked like a world beater
If you could have signed one player on 21:28 - Apr 30 with 1138 viewsfinberty

Keith used to talk wistfully about Gary Roberts, a player constantly just out of reach but always seemed to play well against us, irrespective of club.
If you could have signed one player on 11:12 - May 1 with 1051 viewselectricblue

If you could have signed one player on 21:28 - Apr 30 by finberty

Keith used to talk wistfully about Gary Roberts, a player constantly just out of reach but always seemed to play well against us, irrespective of club.

Roberts was on silly money at chesterfield im sure it was rumoured that he was on over 5k a week...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024