Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? 16:20 - May 6 with 2363 viewsDaleiLama

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 16:23 - May 6 with 2353 viewsDaleiLama

Following on from last poll, also wondered what the consensus would be on this (if there is one)? Again, it could give the club some idea roughly where it might stand with the obvious caveat that this board is not necessarily representative of the fanbase as a whole.

Edit: No more polls from me. Don't want to upset James
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:24]

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 17:40 - May 6 with 2275 viewsJames1980

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 16:23 - May 6 by DaleiLama

Following on from last poll, also wondered what the consensus would be on this (if there is one)? Again, it could give the club some idea roughly where it might stand with the obvious caveat that this board is not necessarily representative of the fanbase as a whole.

Edit: No more polls from me. Don't want to upset James
[Post edited 6 May 2020 16:24]

excellent polls sir

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:08 - May 6 with 2245 viewsboromat

Although I won't be worried about any refund I don't think I could pay for a full season not knowing if I could see any games. I think the clubs stance in not offering season tickets until everything is known is the correct one.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:18 - May 6 with 2224 viewsD_Alien

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:08 - May 6 by boromat

Although I won't be worried about any refund I don't think I could pay for a full season not knowing if I could see any games. I think the clubs stance in not offering season tickets until everything is known is the correct one.

I agree, but one thing it might want to consider is: instead of offering season tickets, offer entry vouchers at a similar cost-per-game as a st, and then let individual fans decide how many they wanted to buy. Or sell them in multiples of five

That way, if the next season starts but is unable to be completed, fans will only have forked out for as many games as they can reasonably afford, or reasonably think they might want to attend in any case, and they can of course continue to buy further batches of five in as many multiples as they feel confident in games being played

Should the worst happen and fans are left with spare vouchers, those vouchers should be redeemable either for games in a future season, against the cost of their next full st, or at the club shop

They could start doing that right away. I'd buy a batch of five, possibly more

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:37 - May 6 with 2176 viewsDaleiLama

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:18 - May 6 by D_Alien

I agree, but one thing it might want to consider is: instead of offering season tickets, offer entry vouchers at a similar cost-per-game as a st, and then let individual fans decide how many they wanted to buy. Or sell them in multiples of five

That way, if the next season starts but is unable to be completed, fans will only have forked out for as many games as they can reasonably afford, or reasonably think they might want to attend in any case, and they can of course continue to buy further batches of five in as many multiples as they feel confident in games being played

Should the worst happen and fans are left with spare vouchers, those vouchers should be redeemable either for games in a future season, against the cost of their next full st, or at the club shop

They could start doing that right away. I'd buy a batch of five, possibly more

I probably didn't make the scope of the poll clear enough - the ST purchase was not intended as a punt on the 2020/21 season going ahead and being played in full, more a commitment to the club to pay for 23 games in advance again so it would be funded sufficiently to be ready if and when the green light is given and players need to be recruited.

As TVOS points out rightly in the other thread, no one knew about Covid19 when ST sales were made last year. Now they do so I think there would be an obligation to get 23 games somehow, some way in return.

Your idea of a "book of games" would work but would give the club less cash to pay with.

I guess fine tuning a hypothetical situation is a bit pointless too - as mentioned, the idea of both polls was a very broad and even coarse indicator of where fans heads are at currently on things which will affect their income and cashflow
[Post edited 6 May 2020 20:08]

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:54 - May 6 with 2131 viewsD_Alien

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:37 - May 6 by DaleiLama

I probably didn't make the scope of the poll clear enough - the ST purchase was not intended as a punt on the 2020/21 season going ahead and being played in full, more a commitment to the club to pay for 23 games in advance again so it would be funded sufficiently to be ready if and when the green light is given and players need to be recruited.

As TVOS points out rightly in the other thread, no one knew about Covid19 when ST sales were made last year. Now they do so I think there would be an obligation to get 23 games somehow, some way in return.

Your idea of a "book of games" would work but would give the club less cash to pay with.

I guess fine tuning a hypothetical situation is a bit pointless too - as mentioned, the idea of both polls was a very broad and even coarse indicator of where fans heads are at currently on things which will affect their income and cashflow

I've never known you be coarse DL, but i'm sure you're right!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:57 - May 6 with 2122 viewsJames1980

What is the situation with the card entry ticketing system?

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:58 - May 6 with 2121 viewsblackdogblue

2 threads same response

was discussing this last week with a club employee as a coincidence.

When Russ Green did his “the more we sell, the cheaper they are promo”, season ticket holders still had the £25 discount voucher in the book and it was a “request” from the club for fans only to use them if they need to, I didn’t use our 2 (my boy was only a tenner back in them days) but that surely must be an indication on what take up from season ticket holders would possibly do if that happens again. Personally and I have said this before on here, if they go back up to best part of £400 each again pre Russ’s deal I will be thinking long & hard before shelling out nearly a grand to watch what I watched home & away before all this COVID-19 business. This seems a long time ago now when we were all more interested in debating the passing sideways rule & how Calvin hadn’t scored for months..

Who knows, perhaps I might go & watch some non league football instead. How much are season tickets in lower leagues Chalky? £50.. bargain will have 2 adults & a junior?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 19:26 - May 6 with 2072 viewsncfc_chalky

I'm pretty sure that I paid £345 for mine bdb

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 19:32 - May 6 with 2061 viewsJames1980

If it could be paid in installments I would consider purchasing a ticket that covers more than one season starting from the eventual start of the 20/21 season.

With the card entry system 23 games could be loaded which last till the end of the 20/21 season
46 end of 21/22
69 end of 22/23
92 end of 23/24

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 19:52 - May 6 with 2035 viewspioneer

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 18:37 - May 6 by DaleiLama

Perhaps the simplest format would be to sell STs with the ST covering the next 23 home league games.....whenever they may be played.

Its important that the per game price advantage is retained forthose willing and able to commit to a full 23 games, otherwise why would anyone bother, but lesser per game price reductions could be offered for commitments for fewer games. I have long advocated for selling ‘mini packs’
If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 20:09 - May 6 with 2001 viewsJames1980

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 19:52 - May 6 by pioneer

Perhaps the simplest format would be to sell STs with the ST covering the next 23 home league games.....whenever they may be played.

Its important that the per game price advantage is retained forthose willing and able to commit to a full 23 games, otherwise why would anyone bother, but lesser per game price reductions could be offered for commitments for fewer games. I have long advocated for selling ‘mini packs’

Could even have multi packs for more than one fan going to the same game.

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 20:21 - May 6 with 1975 viewsDaleiLama

DB was obviously and rightly concerned about the financial future in his interview yesterday.

Hopefully what the two polls have shown is that there won't be a huge queue forming round Spotland for a refund if the season is canned and that there is an appetite, albeit conditional to some extent, for the fans to put their hands in their pockets up front to help with cashflow if needed and the brown stuff gets deeper.

This thread and the other have several useful comments and suggestions and perhaps, like every other part of all of our lives, a need for flexibility, innovative thinking and change are needed in how we all collectively get through this. One really good thing to come out of something absolutely awful is this virus has made us all pause for thought and given us time to consider what really matters to each and everyone of us.

Up the Dale.

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 21:26 - May 6 with 1879 viewsblackdogblue

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 19:26 - May 6 by ncfc_chalky

I'm pretty sure that I paid £345 for mine bdb

You could be a mascot as well here for that amount & but us all a pie 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 21:34 - May 6 with 1860 viewsforeverhopefulDale

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 21:26 - May 6 by blackdogblue

“But us all a pie”? Think you mean buy us all a pie Black Dog?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 21:43 - May 6 with 1834 viewsBigDaveMyCock

If STs went on sale now with same deal as last year, would you buy? on 21:26 - May 6 by blackdogblue

It derives from Glasgow. As your head makes contact with the victims you, orally, pass them a bit of pie. It was Glaswegians answer to the CND movement.
[Post edited 6 May 2020 21:46]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024