Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs on hold...? 14:06 - Jul 1 with 6624 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Don’t plan that trip to the local just yet. Sky news reporting that Rochdale is in the top 4 areas in England for coronavirus cases due to a spike in infections (numbers infected per 100000 people).
Top 4- Leicester (already locked down), Bradford, Barnsley & us. Govt actively considering local lockdown measures unless there’s an improvement. Aaargh!!!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 14:09]
Pubs on hold...? on 14:12 - Jul 1 with 4272 viewsDaleiLama

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pubs on hold...? on 14:39 - Jul 1 with 4189 viewsD_Alien

Any decision should be made asap, certainly within the next 24/48 hours

It'd be ridiculous for pubs to re-open then shut again after a day or so

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Pubs on hold...? on 14:41 - Jul 1 with 4174 viewsDalenet

Pubs on hold...? on 14:12 - Jul 1 by DaleiLama

Completely wrong .....but still I found it funny
Pubs on hold...? on 14:54 - Jul 1 with 4126 viewsnordenblue

Pubs on hold...? on 14:39 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

Any decision should be made asap, certainly within the next 24/48 hours

It'd be ridiculous for pubs to re-open then shut again after a day or so

God knows what the rush is to open the pubs anyway, all about economics obviously as its far from fooking safe yet.

Schools aren't even open yet but you're fine to get pissed surrounded by strangers,odd world we live in
Pubs on hold...? on 15:06 - Jul 1 with 4079 viewsD_Alien

Pubs on hold...? on 14:54 - Jul 1 by nordenblue

God knows what the rush is to open the pubs anyway, all about economics obviously as its far from fooking safe yet.

Schools aren't even open yet but you're fine to get pissed surrounded by strangers,odd world we live in

It's certainly about economics - or more precisely, people's jobs and i have some sympathy with that. A second spike will well and truly f*ck those jobs, which is why local clampdowns need to be made early and rigorously. Tbf, the rate per 100,000 for Rochdale is nowhere near the Leicester rate, but it depends which direction it's going in, and how rapidly

It's been said many times, but there's going to be no such thing as "safe" for some considerable time; it's all about the balance of risks, i.e. the risk to people's wellbeing from becoming unemployed etc. And tbef, no-one is being pushed through pub doors, unless it's on exiting... On which note, it's to be expected that anyone at risk of becoming out of control will be either barred from entering or have their drinking levels monitored, which should be a lot easier to do with table service

I might pop into the town centre on Saturday, not necessarily to go into anywhere but just to see how it's all being monitored. If it looks well-policed, i might just be tempted...

Pubs on hold...? on 15:14 - Jul 1 with 4047 viewsSuddenLad

These individual lockdown proposals are a direct result of people having stuck up two fingers to the requests for social distancing and applying the rules.

Simply attending raves, group gatherings, demonstrations and the like is now resurfacing in the wider community and yet again, the majority will have to be restricted because of the crass actions of a few who couldn't be arsed to conform - and probably still won't.

Long way to go yet...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pubs on hold...? on 15:32 - Jul 1 with 4006 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pubs on hold...? on 15:14 - Jul 1 by SuddenLad

These individual lockdown proposals are a direct result of people having stuck up two fingers to the requests for social distancing and applying the rules.

Simply attending raves, group gatherings, demonstrations and the like is now resurfacing in the wider community and yet again, the majority will have to be restricted because of the crass actions of a few who couldn't be arsed to conform - and probably still won't.

Long way to go yet...

Or being in school, or work in factories. There hasn’t been a spike attributed to the protests two weeks ago

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pubs on hold...? on 15:36 - Jul 1 with 3987 viewsD_Alien

Pubs on hold...? on 15:14 - Jul 1 by SuddenLad

Long way to go yet...

A more significant factor, looking at the list of cities/towns following on from Leicester, is a high density of communities with people from BAME backgrounds, an observation that's being made by many public health commentators btw

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs on hold...? on 15:41 - Jul 1 with 3954 viewsfinberty

Liverpool on that list anywhere? After watching the moronic gatherings at Pier Head last week, ought to be.

And Bournemouth - except they were mainly day-trippers and not locals, if the news is to be believed.
Pubs on hold...? on 15:51 - Jul 1 with 3909 viewsncfc_chalky

Pubs on hold...? on 14:12 - Jul 1 by DaleiLama

Bloody hell,no wonder James didn't fancy getting on the Nottingham train that time

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Pubs on hold...? on 16:01 - Jul 1 with 3868 viewsDalenet

Pubs on hold...? on 15:41 - Jul 1 by finberty

Liverpool on that list anywhere? After watching the moronic gatherings at Pier Head last week, ought to be.

And Bournemouth - except they were mainly day-trippers and not locals, if the news is to be believed.

Give it time. The list is already a week old and allows for a time lag for testing. Liverppol may well appear on this list in a week or so. There is a behavioural cultural factor at play and it isn't all to do with population density. Some communities have observed lock down differently to others. I am a Trustee of a charity that serves a number of poorer communities and we have seen a big difference in the behaviour of different groups. Not all community segments have observed the lock down in the way expected or intended so not surprised that there are pockets of higher levels of infection.
Pubs on hold...? on 16:06 - Jul 1 with 3849 viewsSuddenLad

Pubs on hold...? on 15:32 - Jul 1 by rochdaleriddler

Or being in school, or work in factories. There hasn’t been a spike attributed to the protests two weeks ago

You need to check the mass gatherings on the streets of Leicester in the past few weeks. Widely referred to earlier today on various media channels.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Pubs on hold...? on 16:29 - Jul 1 with 3779 views49thseason

Pubs on hold...? on 16:37 - Jul 1 with 3748 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pubs on hold...? on 16:06 - Jul 1 by SuddenLad

You need to check the mass gatherings on the streets of Leicester in the past few weeks. Widely referred to earlier today on various media channels.

I don’t , I’m aware of that but many cases spotted first in schools, Leicester’s schools all shut again. As far as I know Barnsley has had no mass gatherings, still cases as high as ours(nearly)
EDIT. just seen guardian article saying a lot of garment manufacturers in Leicester remained opened and forced staff to work, even when Ill
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 16:57]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Pubs on hold...? on 16:56 - Jul 1 with 3673 viewsEllDale

Without being stereotypical might there be a lot of men in Barnsley with pre-existing chest problems such as emphysema and COPD due to being former miners which may make them more susceptible?
Pubs on hold...? on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 3649 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pubs on hold...? on 16:56 - Jul 1 by EllDale

Without being stereotypical might there be a lot of men in Barnsley with pre-existing chest problems such as emphysema and COPD due to being former miners which may make them more susceptible?

Who knows, but at first I thought all these areas have a high Asian population, but Bradford certainly doesn’t
Edit. Sorry Barnsley!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:21]

Pubs on hold...? on 17:02 - Jul 1 with 3646 viewsBartRowou

Weren't Rochdale's schools closed for most of June? If they'd opened on June 1, I imagine the figures would have been much higher. Apologies if completely wrong.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Pubs on hold...? on 17:14 - Jul 1 with 3598 viewsisitme

Pubs on hold...? on 17:02 - Jul 1 by BartRowou

Weren't Rochdale's schools closed for most of June? If they'd opened on June 1, I imagine the figures would have been much higher. Apologies if completely wrong.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/135264/rochdale-

More testing = more identified cases per 100,000?

Also the headline figure in the papers of 54/100,000 is from the week beginning the 15th June, which (according to the article above) has fallen to 29/100,000 by 30 June.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 17:29]
Pubs on hold...? on 17:18 - Jul 1 with 3581 viewsblackdogblue

Pubs on hold...? on 17:00 - Jul 1 by rochdaleriddler

Who knows, but at first I thought all these areas have a high Asian population, but Bradford certainly doesn’t
Edit. Sorry Barnsley!
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:21]

Hmmm ...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Pubs on hold...? on 18:07 - Jul 1 with 3464 viewsQuigley_dale

Pubs on hold...? on 17:18 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

Hmmm ...

I think he means Barnsley, and not Bradford.
Pubs on hold...? on 18:20 - Jul 1 with 3405 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pubs on hold...? on 18:07 - Jul 1 by Quigley_dale

Lol, sorry yes I do!!!

Pubs on hold...? on 18:21 - Jul 1 with 3399 viewsblackdogblue

Pubs on hold...? on 18:07 - Jul 1 by Quigley_dale

😀, news said the data is 2 weeks out of date, hope for the dog yet 🤞

In other news... heard the Star it reopening Monday

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Pubs on hold...? (n/t) on 18:22 - Jul 1 with 3391 viewsrochdaleriddler

Pubs on hold...? on 15:06 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

It's certainly about economics - or more precisely, people's jobs and i have some sympathy with that. A second spike will well and truly f*ck those jobs, which is why local clampdowns need to be made early and rigorously. Tbf, the rate per 100,000 for Rochdale is nowhere near the Leicester rate, but it depends which direction it's going in, and how rapidly

It's been said many times, but there's going to be no such thing as "safe" for some considerable time; it's all about the balance of risks, i.e. the risk to people's wellbeing from becoming unemployed etc. And tbef, no-one is being pushed through pub doors, unless it's on exiting... On which note, it's to be expected that anyone at risk of becoming out of control will be either barred from entering or have their drinking levels monitored, which should be a lot easier to do with table service

I might pop into the town centre on Saturday, not necessarily to go into anywhere but just to see how it's all being monitored. If it looks well-policed, i might just be tempted...

[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 18:24]

Pubs on hold...? on 18:25 - Jul 1 with 3370 viewsD_Alien

Pubs on hold...? on 16:56 - Jul 1 by EllDale

Don't think so

Otherwise, places like Wigan would have a highish rate too, whereas it's one of the lowest in the North West

Plus, if we're talking about the rate of becoming infected with covid-19, that's a different matter to being more likely to suffer severe effects due to pre-existing conditions

Pubs on hold...? on 18:53 - Jul 1 with 3284 viewsEllDale

Fair comment about Wigan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024