Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 22:14 - Jul 30 with 12773 viewsShun

Lockdown to be tightened from midnight tonight in our area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362
Lockdown on 00:48 - Aug 1 with 2825 viewsYadHoDale

Lockdown on 22:12 - Jul 31 by judd

Brown ale a natural antidote?

Also Buckfast and single malt, judging by the Scottish figures. Although compliance in Scotland may also be down to the Sturgeon not being advised by a gollum lookalike who unashamedly breached the "rules", which looking at pictures of Bournemouth and Brighton beaches only apply to the plebs.
Lockdown on 01:02 - Aug 1 with 2818 views49thseason

Lockdown on 20:14 - Jul 31 by joecooke

Got to take in consideration that England is 56 million,scotland about 5 million and Wales about 3 million.

64 million in,the UK. Ha ha ha ha ..oh how we laughed. If you believe that, I have a bridge you might be interested in. The supermarkets have estimated nearer 80m based on the use of their loyalty card schemes
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-ou

And that was in 2007!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 11:43]
Lockdown on 09:29 - Aug 1 with 2662 viewsjoecooke

Lockdown on 01:02 - Aug 1 by 49thseason

64 million in,the UK. Ha ha ha ha ..oh how we laughed. If you believe that, I have a bridge you might be interested in. The supermarkets have estimated nearer 80m based on the use of their loyalty card schemes
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/city-eye-facts-on-a-plate-ou

And that was in 2007!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 11:43]

At least post a googled link that works you simpleton

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Lockdown on 12:00 - Aug 1 with 2514 views49thseason

Lockdown on 09:29 - Aug 1 by joecooke

At least post a googled link that works you simpleton

Thankyou for pointing out a simple cut and paste issue which is now resolved. Fortunately the item remains the same and the UK population is now over 80m. England is the second most densly populated country in Europe other than the Netherlands and one of the most densly populated in the world even using the very dubious 2011 Census figures.
Lockdown on 12:19 - Aug 1 with 2475 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lockdown on 12:00 - Aug 1 by 49thseason

Thankyou for pointing out a simple cut and paste issue which is now resolved. Fortunately the item remains the same and the UK population is now over 80m. England is the second most densly populated country in Europe other than the Netherlands and one of the most densly populated in the world even using the very dubious 2011 Census figures.

You are aware that a lot of food is purchased, but then wasted. I’m not sure consumption is a reliable indicator of population size. 20 million people not registered with any authorities, not using bank accounts, not working? Nah

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lockdown on 12:33 - Aug 1 with 2443 viewsJames1980

Lockdown on 12:19 - Aug 1 by rochdaleriddler

You are aware that a lot of food is purchased, but then wasted. I’m not sure consumption is a reliable indicator of population size. 20 million people not registered with any authorities, not using bank accounts, not working? Nah

Also regarding population density a few less golf courses could mean more space for people to live. I can think of at least 6 within less than a 15 mile radius of my house

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lockdown on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 2436 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 12:33 - Aug 1 by James1980

Also regarding population density a few less golf courses could mean more space for people to live. I can think of at least 6 within less than a 15 mile radius of my house

Have pity on those at home who find respite for a few hours whilst their partners are out swinging their clubs!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lockdown on 14:00 - Aug 1 with 2355 viewsjoecooke

Lockdown on 12:00 - Aug 1 by 49thseason

This article is twelve months old but at 66 million i reckon that i wasnt that far off.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/26/uk-population-rises-to-664-million

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown on 19:02 - Aug 1 with 2227 viewsmightydale

Lockdown on 14:00 - Aug 1 by joecooke

This article is twelve months old but at 66 million i reckon that i wasnt that far off.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/26/uk-population-rises-to-664-million

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Rochdale

No new cases in 2 days despite over 3500 tested well below our rolling 7 day average

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Lockdown on 19:15 - Aug 1 with 2205 views442Dale

Lockdown on 19:02 - Aug 1 by mightydale

https://coronavirus-staging.data.gov.uk/cases?areaType=ltla&areaName=Rochdale

No new cases in 2 days despite over 3500 tested well below our rolling 7 day average

The numbers for the previous two days are often zero and then added to, they don’t seem to have any immediate figures for same day and day before very often so not sure why they’re included. However, the figures before that are definitely coming down as well which indicates the information campaign, work from the council and the public at large is making a difference. Hopefully it’ll continue and it’ll provide lessons that can be learnt elsewhere.

Edit: Oldham, Trafford and Manchester all showing zero for last two days as well and it makes the ‘seven day average’ look like it’s falling. They should have that graph only following the seven days up to 48hrs previously - and Rochdale is still going in the right direction with regular figures under 10 per day.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 19:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lockdown on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 1951 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 14:18 - Jul 31 by 49thseason

Is there any evidence that people in pubs are spreading the lurgy?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53627801

Apparently, the pub had to be "decontaminated with fogging"

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 12:59]

Lockdown on 13:18 - Aug 2 with 1900 viewsnordenblue

Lockdown on 12:58 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53627801

Apparently, the pub had to be "decontaminated with fogging"

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 12:59]

Having recently spoke to someone currently working via the NHS they are apparently testing/investigating the significance of air con in various buildings,pubs etc being a massive contributor to possibly spreading the virus.
Lockdown on 13:22 - Aug 2 with 1896 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 19:15 - Aug 1 by 442Dale

The numbers for the previous two days are often zero and then added to, they don’t seem to have any immediate figures for same day and day before very often so not sure why they’re included. However, the figures before that are definitely coming down as well which indicates the information campaign, work from the council and the public at large is making a difference. Hopefully it’ll continue and it’ll provide lessons that can be learnt elsewhere.

Edit: Oldham, Trafford and Manchester all showing zero for last two days as well and it makes the ‘seven day average’ look like it’s falling. They should have that graph only following the seven days up to 48hrs previously - and Rochdale is still going in the right direction with regular figures under 10 per day.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 19:21]

That is a really good point. That is why seven day averages etc are often much better. On the figures released last week which covered 20-26 July. The number of positive cases in Rochdale fell 31% to 33 per 100,000.

Although the opening of additional walk in test centres in Middleton and soon in Littleborough, coupled with targeted testing will invariably lead to changes and wild percentage swings over the coming weeks. Personally I think hospitalisations and deaths are a better measure. We are testing more a possibly more asymptomatic cases that would not have been detected before are. You also have the issue that you test positive for up to twelve weeks after infection, which is 10 weeks after you are infectious.

Some of the methodology is a mess, as is the general understanding of figures in the wider population. A headline figure of 120 deaths is a good soundbite but deeper analysis shows its a PHE England dump with dates going back to April! That is without getting onto the fact that according to PHE no-one can ever recover from Covid-19!
Lockdown on 14:45 - Aug 2 with 1805 views1mark1

Lockdown on 13:18 - Aug 2 by nordenblue

Having recently spoke to someone currently working via the NHS they are apparently testing/investigating the significance of air con in various buildings,pubs etc being a massive contributor to possibly spreading the virus.

Yes it can spread droplets, Trade Unions have called for it not to be used , instead using natural cooling, like windows when possible. Some employers have stopped the use, including mine.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Lockdown on 18:46 - Aug 2 with 1677 views442Dale

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-ma

If Rochdale got it right (so far), what has been learnt?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lockdown on 20:22 - Aug 2 with 1612 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 18:46 - Aug 2 by 442Dale

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-ma

If Rochdale got it right (so far), what has been learnt?

There has been a lot of targeted testing in areas such as Deeplish and Milkstone, Rochdale Central etc where the cases are/were high. What people should not forget is that in many areas of the town, cases are minimal, if not non existant. The council has also done a lot of awareness work in these areas, as have the Mosques. You can see lots of evidence of this on the Rochdale Council Twitter feed.

This approach may not work elsewhere as it depends whereabouts in Oldham etc cases are high. The MEN article links a number of positive tests to younger people in other areas of Greater Manchester, who may have it mild and do not require hospital treatment. Possibly these younger people have been more blasé regarding their contact with others?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 20:33]
Lockdown on 20:41 - Aug 2 with 1580 viewsisitme

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-cases-in-england-arent-rising-heres-why/

An interesting article.
Lockdown on 20:49 - Aug 2 with 1556 viewsBartRowou

As it stands, it doesn't matter how good it is in Rochdale if they're having an all-day rave in Pimbo: we're all Greater Manchester.

"Boris" seems to have changed his strategy from whack-a-mole to whack-a-blue-whale.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lockdown on 21:17 - Aug 2 with 1504 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 20:49 - Aug 2 by BartRowou

As it stands, it doesn't matter how good it is in Rochdale if they're having an all-day rave in Pimbo: we're all Greater Manchester.

"Boris" seems to have changed his strategy from whack-a-mole to whack-a-blue-whale.

Presumably you'd prefer to see him underestimate local lockdown measures, having been heavily criticised for underestimating the initial national lockdown?

You could have a go at him for that, then?

Or maybe you could just give it a rest, and try to appreciate the difficulties involved

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 21:18]

Lockdown on 21:55 - Aug 2 with 1457 viewstony_roch975

Lockdown on 21:17 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Presumably you'd prefer to see him underestimate local lockdown measures, having been heavily criticised for underestimating the initial national lockdown?

You could have a go at him for that, then?

Or maybe you could just give it a rest, and try to appreciate the difficulties involved

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 21:18]

sorry DA but the govt. are swaying in the wind like a drunken sailor - too slow and blaze at the start, desperate to get in their defence early and prove this time they are acting, so now imposing mass lockdowns irrespective of the data - falling infection rates in Rochdale but lock them down too. The panic lockdown last week was about reducing family transmission with the upcoming Eid festival raising concerns - so ban Eid gatherings but no, too scared to be open about it they have to ban all gatherings except of course using public transport, pubs and planes - inconsistent, incompetent and cowardly.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Lockdown on 22:07 - Aug 2 with 1438 viewsnordenblue

"Major incident" now declared apparently according to sky....

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-major-incident-declared-in-greater-manche
Lockdown on 22:41 - Aug 2 with 1396 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 21:55 - Aug 2 by tony_roch975

sorry DA but the govt. are swaying in the wind like a drunken sailor - too slow and blaze at the start, desperate to get in their defence early and prove this time they are acting, so now imposing mass lockdowns irrespective of the data - falling infection rates in Rochdale but lock them down too. The panic lockdown last week was about reducing family transmission with the upcoming Eid festival raising concerns - so ban Eid gatherings but no, too scared to be open about it they have to ban all gatherings except of course using public transport, pubs and planes - inconsistent, incompetent and cowardly.

Of course, you'd know how to handle an unprecedented pandemic better, wouldn't you

Criticism is so cheap, and even more cowardly

I'd expect every Eid celebration to go ahead as planned, irrespective of the guidelines, and i'd applaud those who did so. And then followed the guidelines thereafter

Meanwhile, we have hospitals, schools and infrastructure to pay for, which requires a functioning economy

It really is best not to raise the ugly head of politics, but if Bart Rowou can't help himself from repeating cheap jibes he's picked up from elsewhere, perhaps his friends might have a word

I'll leave it there

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 22:43]

Lockdown on 06:42 - Aug 3 with 1300 viewsBartRowou

Lockdown on 22:41 - Aug 2 by D_Alien

Of course, you'd know how to handle an unprecedented pandemic better, wouldn't you

Criticism is so cheap, and even more cowardly

I'd expect every Eid celebration to go ahead as planned, irrespective of the guidelines, and i'd applaud those who did so. And then followed the guidelines thereafter

Meanwhile, we have hospitals, schools and infrastructure to pay for, which requires a functioning economy

It really is best not to raise the ugly head of politics, but if Bart Rowou can't help himself from repeating cheap jibes he's picked up from elsewhere, perhaps his friends might have a word

I'll leave it there

[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 22:43]

Says the person who brought Starmer into a thread the other week and couldn't see how he'd politicized it!!!!

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Lockdown on 07:19 - Aug 3 with 1286 viewsD_Alien

Lockdown on 06:42 - Aug 3 by BartRowou

Says the person who brought Starmer into a thread the other week and couldn't see how he'd politicized it!!!!

Political jibes, made from a position of ignorance, are in a different category to referencing someone in the context of a wider debate on a non-political issue, with no intention of point-scoring as i made clear at the time

Lockdown on 10:03 - Aug 3 with 1196 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 20:22 - Aug 2 by isitme

There has been a lot of targeted testing in areas such as Deeplish and Milkstone, Rochdale Central etc where the cases are/were high. What people should not forget is that in many areas of the town, cases are minimal, if not non existant. The council has also done a lot of awareness work in these areas, as have the Mosques. You can see lots of evidence of this on the Rochdale Council Twitter feed.

This approach may not work elsewhere as it depends whereabouts in Oldham etc cases are high. The MEN article links a number of positive tests to younger people in other areas of Greater Manchester, who may have it mild and do not require hospital treatment. Possibly these younger people have been more blasé regarding their contact with others?
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 20:33]

The latest I heard on radio Bolton this morning was to "lockdown" all over 50s for their own safety. Long way from policy yet, but it seems it's being discussed. So we have an eat out to help out scheme Mon-Weds but lock all the 50+ yr olds up? I would argue most in this age group are, as you say, the most socially responsible and most diligent since they are the most heavily invested stakeholders in preserving their own lives. They will probably also, in the most part, be the ones likely to have most time and still have significant spending power to help get the economy afloat. And no doubt many will have made summer holiday plans which is just what the economy needs.

There is a reason guidance is put out. It isn't always perfect and in some cases appears contradictory. For example you can't go to your parents house/garden responsibly to talk to them but can sit in a pub and talk to them at the next table (where money is changing hands). In many cases, measures taken are a blunt instrument to solve a complex problem but it is a set of principles based on sound science. If that science and principles are followed, life can go on, albeit differently. Locking 50+ year olds up for three months isn't the answer.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024