Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown 22:14 - Jul 30 with 12696 viewsShun

Lockdown to be tightened from midnight tonight in our area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53602362
Lockdown on 13:58 - Jul 31 with 2175 viewsjudd

Lockdown on 13:38 - Jul 31 by diver

Completely confused about visiting pub.Do I have to stand on my own and not speak to anybody and ignore people I know related or not?

According to Burnham on the wireless this morning, pubs are strictly regulated in terms of signing in, social distancing, table service etc.

However, I have seen of one local pub claiming that inside they can only allow people from the same household to sit together at a table, but a table 1 metre away was OK to sit people from a separate household if that is how you want to meet up with friends. Outside and it is 6 per table.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lockdown on 14:17 - Jul 31 with 2123 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 13:19 - Jul 31 by mingthemerciless

It's not looking good for the new football season is it ?

We initially moved our flight to Spain by a week. As things developed we cancelled that flight and moved it to this time next year. Jet2 charged us a small fortune to re-arrange it.

Not looking Good at all Ming. Although maybe we should be calling you Meg with displays of prescience like that. Great call.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Lockdown on 14:18 - Jul 31 with 2122 views49thseason

Lockdown on 13:58 - Jul 31 by judd

According to Burnham on the wireless this morning, pubs are strictly regulated in terms of signing in, social distancing, table service etc.

However, I have seen of one local pub claiming that inside they can only allow people from the same household to sit together at a table, but a table 1 metre away was OK to sit people from a separate household if that is how you want to meet up with friends. Outside and it is 6 per table.

Is there any evidence that people in pubs are spreading the lurgy?
Lockdown on 14:18 - Jul 31 with 2121 viewsAtThePeake

Lockdown on 13:53 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

Ah, that clears everything up.

Tangled up in blue.

Lockdown on 14:20 - Jul 31 with 2115 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 13:58 - Jul 31 by judd

One local near me in Romiley had no handwash, as many as you like to a table in or out (and also at the bar my neighbour just told me) and it was if Covid didn't exist. Been to about half a dozen in total and eaten in 2 (outside). Most have been very well run, well organised and I felt safe in each. One I won't be going back to until I have had a vaccine.

Lockdown on 14:33 - Jul 31 with 2083 views100notout

"Let me make this absolutely clear" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not criticising the decision to extend restrictions but flipping eck - they've had enough time to think this through and indeed make it clear (or at least a darn sight clearer!)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Lockdown on 14:33 - Jul 31 with 2083 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 14:18 - Jul 31 by AtThePeake

Ah, that clears everything up.

Lockdown on 14:48 - Jul 31 with 2040 viewsTVOS1907

Some people will be desperately searching for something similar from the opposition in order to defend him.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown on 14:49 - Jul 31 with 2038 viewsTVOS1907

Lockdown on 14:18 - Jul 31 by 49thseason

Well if it's the Regal Moon at about 11am, I'd go for yes!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lockdown on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 1930 viewsArthurDaley

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2654150584836212&set=a.1777965752454704

A large VAT Dave

Lockdown on 15:58 - Jul 31 with 1924 viewsReedy

As part of my job I cover England, Scotland and Wales and since returning to work I’ve been to all three countries. Scotland is by far the strictest in terms of what you can and can’t do, and from what I’ve seen it’s being enforced (I’ve been to Glasgow and Edinburgh so far) you can’t enter anywhere without a mask on, every supermarket had someone on the door (in case someone turned up without a mask) to ensure everyone had a mask, which they did.

I’ve stayed in two hotels and they were managed superbly, from the track and trace to hand sanitiser it was all there and ready to go, and what’s more it was busy, and I felt safe.

I think we need to take a harder line with people who don’t follow the guidelines south of the border.

Blog: The FA Cup

Lockdown on 16:06 - Jul 31 with 1911 viewsfitzochris

Lockdown on 15:58 - Jul 31 by Reedy

As part of my job I cover England, Scotland and Wales and since returning to work I’ve been to all three countries. Scotland is by far the strictest in terms of what you can and can’t do, and from what I’ve seen it’s being enforced (I’ve been to Glasgow and Edinburgh so far) you can’t enter anywhere without a mask on, every supermarket had someone on the door (in case someone turned up without a mask) to ensure everyone had a mask, which they did.

I’ve stayed in two hotels and they were managed superbly, from the track and trace to hand sanitiser it was all there and ready to go, and what’s more it was busy, and I felt safe.

I think we need to take a harder line with people who don’t follow the guidelines south of the border.

Yes, it's being very well enforced here in Glasgow but, more importantly, it's being adhered to very well by the public. There is, very visibly, complete buy in.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lockdown on 16:14 - Jul 31 with 1890 viewsmightydale

Lockdown on 13:20 - Jul 31 by Ancoats_Blue

Buses, the train station, the main shopping precinct, taxis, super markets. I’m not saying everyone doesn’t wear a mask all the time but I’m commenting on what I’ve seen that there’s a contrast between how people behave in Rochdale and how they behave where I live. And guess what? There’s a lot more positive cases in Dale so I’m guessing I’ve not just seen a one off.

That not a bad judgement going of one visit to rochdale since mask became mandatory.

As for more positive cases in rochdale we have 3 test centre which mean we are doing more target testing ( more testing = more findings )than other places. You will always fine asymptomatic positive results when testing this way, you could of had this virus 10 weeks ago and it will still be in system ,the test will still turn up a positive result. If you look at the graph I shared before Rochdale is still below its rolling 7 day average even with all the target testing.

Like I said below pillor 2 testing is on a positive downward trend, if that starts to rise then you should be worried.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 16:28]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Lockdown on 16:24 - Jul 31 with 1863 viewsjudd

None that I know of.

The Albany had to close and have all staff tested when a customer called up to say they had the virus and had been in the pub beforehand.

It has now reopened.

Lockdown on 16:36 - Jul 31 with 1835 viewsDaleiLama

Lockdown on 14:48 - Jul 31 by TVOS1907

Some people will be desperately searching for something similar from the opposition in order to defend him.

I'm still looking for Susan!

Lockdown on 18:23 - Jul 31 with 1711 viewsYadHoDale

Lockdown on 16:36 - Jul 31 by DaleiLama

I'm still looking for Susan!

Banned from Narnia for using cosmetics.
Lockdown on 20:14 - Jul 31 with 1624 viewsjoecooke

Lockdown on 15:58 - Jul 31 by Reedy

Got to take in consideration that England is 56 million,scotland about 5 million and Wales about 3 million.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Lockdown on 20:27 - Jul 31 with 1597 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lockdown on 09:10 - Jul 31 by mightydale

Where did you see people walking round with no mask.

Every shop/supermarket ive been into 99% of people have been wearing mask.

Every shop I’ve been in, has a good few people with no masks. Lidl, Morrison’s, sandwich shop
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 20:41]

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lockdown on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 1582 viewsrochdaleriddler

is there any evidence to the contrary , I don’t think pubs in general can be pinpointed like that, there have been bars that have shut due to a small amount of cases, but subsequently reopened

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Lockdown on 20:35 - Jul 31 with 1578 viewsrochdaleriddler

Lockdown on 16:14 - Jul 31 by mightydale

That not a bad judgement going of one visit to rochdale since mask became mandatory.

As for more positive cases in rochdale we have 3 test centre which mean we are doing more target testing ( more testing = more findings )than other places. You will always fine asymptomatic positive results when testing this way, you could of had this virus 10 weeks ago and it will still be in system ,the test will still turn up a positive result. If you look at the graph I shared before Rochdale is still below its rolling 7 day average even with all the target testing.

Like I said below pillor 2 testing is on a positive downward trend, if that starts to rise then you should be worried.

I thought the test was only accurate during the first few days of infection? The antibody test is not v reliable

Lockdown on 20:38 - Jul 31 with 1567 viewsnordenblue

Lockdown on 20:14 - Jul 31 by joecooke

Got to take in consideration that England is 56 million,scotland about 5 million and Wales about 3 million.

Shouldn't really matter about the total population, the point is nearly EVERYONE north of the border conforms where as in England its like a bother if you can be arsed type of conforming....

The best kind I saw whilst shopping in Tesco near me was some silly owd cow actually remove her mask simply to sneeze and pop it back on, simply brilliant logic these are the very same folk who generally drive alone whilst wearing a mask,must be scared to death they might just catch something from themselves....
Lockdown on 20:49 - Jul 31 with 1543 viewsAncoats_Blue

Lockdown on 16:14 - Jul 31 by mightydale

Aye. I’ve had plenty of people make comment to me about Rochdale having high case numbers. Same old rubbish to make the town look crap and take the piss out of me being from there I guess. One reason will almost certainly be more testing will inevitably mean more positive tests. And Dale is one of few places with a walk in test centre. But there is a lack of adherence to the mask rules that I’ve seen and I’ve been up more than once. Again, I’m not tarring everyone. It’s just a comparison.
Lockdown on 21:46 - Jul 31 with 1474 viewsisitme

Lockdown on 20:35 - Jul 31 by rochdaleriddler

I thought the test was only accurate during the first few days of infection? The antibody test is not v reliable

https://mobile.twitter.com/Anshul__K/status/1288535906161434631

This tweet includes a link to some light reading as well as providing a summary.

One major problem with the antibody test is it does not pick up people who have fought off the infection using T- cells. This tweet below and the subsequent posts in the thread add a bit more information.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfKarolSikora/status/1281181037071085575
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 22:07]
Lockdown on 22:09 - Jul 31 with 1434 viewsDalenet

Lockdown on 16:06 - Jul 31 by fitzochris

Yes, it's being very well enforced here in Glasgow but, more importantly, it's being adhered to very well by the public. There is, very visibly, complete buy in.

Also true in parts of England. Newcastle Upon Tyne had 0 cases per 100000 people last week. Very impressed with how compliance has been
Lockdown on 22:12 - Jul 31 with 1428 viewsjudd

Lockdown on 22:09 - Jul 31 by Dalenet

Also true in parts of England. Newcastle Upon Tyne had 0 cases per 100000 people last week. Very impressed with how compliance has been

Brown ale a natural antidote?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024