Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Message from the Chairman 19:05 - Aug 4 with 12828 viewsoddjob007

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/august/an-update-from-the-chairman/

“The board lack ambition” brigade... what do you make of this?
Message from the Chairman on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 2086 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 21:38 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

Outside the executive box, alas

Alas or a lass?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Message from the Chairman on 22:09 - Aug 4 with 2046 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 22:02 - Aug 4 by judd

Alas or a lass?

All ass

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Message from the Chairman on 22:10 - Aug 4 with 2037 viewsD_Dale

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4097482/West-Ham-close-12-5mi

The online Daily Mail (above) carries a story that's surely too promising to be true; it begins:

West Ham are closing on a £12.5million deal for Brentford striker Scott Hogan. The clubs have held further talks this weekend and hope to reach a conclusion with Brentford due to pay a 30 per cent sell-on to Hogan's former club Rochdale. The 24-year-old was left out of Brentford's side to face Eastleigh on Saturday.

He has scored 14 goals this season after battling back from knee ligament surgery and under-fire manager Slaven Bilic hopes he can have an immediate impact on his misfiring Premier League side.
Message from the Chairman on 22:10 - Aug 4 with 2037 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 22:09 - Aug 4 by D_Alien

All ass

A lass what likes lasses. I miss tazzyisms.

Message from the Chairman on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 2009 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 22:10 - Aug 4 by judd

Molasses the better

Message from the Chairman on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 2010 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Your diluted Judd

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Message from the Chairman on 22:14 - Aug 4 with 1996 viewsFrites

Strikes me as a very sensible, open and honest statement. As I have said before it is amazing to me that we are still continuing to operate as a viable business. Some critics live in ‘cloud cuckoo land’!
Message from the Chairman on 22:16 - Aug 4 with 1965 viewsTVOS1907

Message from the Chairman on 22:10 - Aug 4 by D_Dale

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4097482/West-Ham-close-12-5mi

The online Daily Mail (above) carries a story that's surely too promising to be true; it begins:

West Ham are closing on a £12.5million deal for Brentford striker Scott Hogan. The clubs have held further talks this weekend and hope to reach a conclusion with Brentford due to pay a 30 per cent sell-on to Hogan's former club Rochdale. The 24-year-old was left out of Brentford's side to face Eastleigh on Saturday.

He has scored 14 goals this season after battling back from knee ligament surgery and under-fire manager Slaven Bilic hopes he can have an immediate impact on his misfiring Premier League side.

Scott Hogan is an Aston Villa player at the moment and it's not January 2017.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Message from the Chairman on 22:23 - Aug 4 with 1944 viewsrhf

Nothing wrong with putting a statement out to manage expectations and we know it’s tight just like it is for business across a number of sectors, but the numbers quoted don’t seem to be an exact science particularly the wages we have saved with the released list! But to say he hopes we are encouraged by signing a player whose club finished bottom of a league 2 leagues below us is a different level of expectation! So whilst it’s great to keep going, one day Covid will be over and it’s where we are and the league we are in on the pitch that will ultimately determine our future.
Message from the Chairman on 22:24 - Aug 4 with 1935 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 22:10 - Aug 4 by D_Dale

You've done well to randomly find a story from 2017.

It will however be interesting to see what happens with Scott in 2020 with him doing relatively well on loan at Birmingham albeit before lockdown. Believe he's still contracted to Villa yet and although I'd love him to get a chance in the Prem I can't see it somehow.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Message from the Chairman on 22:25 - Aug 4 with 1922 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 22:14 - Aug 4 by Frites

Strikes me as a very sensible, open and honest statement. As I have said before it is amazing to me that we are still continuing to operate as a viable business. Some critics live in ‘cloud cuckoo land’!

There isn't ONE football club yet to go bust in this unprecedented period.

It's been amazing that we've had professional football in this unworthy town for so long.

Doesn't mean things are always Hunky dory
[Post edited 4 Aug 2020 22:34]

Message from the Chairman on 22:29 - Aug 4 with 1892 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Message from the Chairman on 22:14 - Aug 4 by Frites

Indeed, having said that others believe the world is flat and if an acorn falls on their head the world is falling down.

When a statement is made, by someone we never hear off, unless there is an issue, you have to question his motives, as well as the figures

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Message from the Chairman on 22:48 - Aug 4 with 1824 viewskel

Least we forget.
Message from the Chairman on 22:58 - Aug 4 with 1783 views49thseason

On the basis there probably wont be any Sandy Lane End tickets, and as I won't be buying a ST to sit down in splendid isolation, it would seem that the club had better get talking to the EFL about broadcasting games on the internet. Especially if we are to be insulted with endless commentary on BBC Radio Wanderers.
The idea that numbers of people are going to pay £450 for a ST for an unknown number of games is fatuous. So if things are as dire as the Chairman seems to imply, either he and the rest of the board need to put their hands in their pockets or invite the Americans to buy 51 % the club at a sensible price.
The only effective way to be truthful to the fans is to release an interim set of accounts and explain why we are where we are.
Message from the Chairman on 23:12 - Aug 4 with 1733 viewsboromat

Message from the Chairman on 22:58 - Aug 4 by 49thseason

On the basis there probably wont be any Sandy Lane End tickets, and as I won't be buying a ST to sit down in splendid isolation, it would seem that the club had better get talking to the EFL about broadcasting games on the internet. Especially if we are to be insulted with endless commentary on BBC Radio Wanderers.
The idea that numbers of people are going to pay £450 for a ST for an unknown number of games is fatuous. So if things are as dire as the Chairman seems to imply, either he and the rest of the board need to put their hands in their pockets or invite the Americans to buy 51 % the club at a sensible price.
The only effective way to be truthful to the fans is to release an interim set of accounts and explain why we are where we are.

I'd hope that while there is limited capacity the games will be available on ifollow but probably at a cost similar to a match ticket.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Message from the Chairman on 23:14 - Aug 4 with 1728 viewsspringfieldparka

Message from the Chairman on 19:35 - Aug 4 by judd

It wasn't that long ago that the club was telling us how it had planned for a zero income scenario for next season.

As tough a job as it is managing any business at present then let's be consistent in the message and stop dressing up statements with spin.

Takes the heat off the lotto bollox though.

ffs do you ever have a positive view ?? You bore me to death with your pseudo intellectual and unfunny contributions . Try hard to be of interest to people outside the clique ?
Message from the Chairman on 23:18 - Aug 4 with 1705 viewssuttonlegendhillgod

A fair point regarding the club preferring adults paying full whack and the kids not getting a look in. So,it’s 2170 lucky soles who are getting access. Logistics? What do we reckon? Sandy Lane shut. Just under a thousand in the Wilbutts. The rest shared between the Pearl St and Main Stand? No kiosks. Opening Studds/ Dale bar during game/ half time? Surely not practical. Before game? Could be done for advanced bookings,not in the spirit of a normal match day,but could be done easily with tables scattered about. Toilet facilities? Just don’t see a simple solution for this. We all want to go at half time. Will let others come up with solutions to that. Initial entrance to the ground? Have heard mention of staggered arrival times. In the real world,don’t see that happening. Everyone has to push the turnstiles,again it seems a minor thing,but that’s hundreds of hands touching the same bits of metal. Seating arrangements? I take it no more than 6 people can sit together? Will the club be checking up on people’s addresses re social bubbles etc? And back to the initial point, will it be a one size fits all price for all ages? Just a few points to mull over.
Message from the Chairman on 23:31 - Aug 4 with 1669 viewsjudd

Message from the Chairman on 23:14 - Aug 4 by springfieldparka

ffs do you ever have a positive view ?? You bore me to death with your pseudo intellectual and unfunny contributions . Try hard to be of interest to people outside the clique ?

I've clearly not bored you to death enough, not that I'd wish it upon you.

With regards a clique, please do expand. I am my own person. Like it, hate it, couldn't give a fook what you think but I respect your right to post an opinion, it might elicit a response, it might not.

If you click on my profile and read through the posts you might actually see how positive I am about this club of ours.

Please do let me know what you think.

X

Message from the Chairman on 23:44 - Aug 4 with 1645 viewsChockers1

I appreciate the honesty from the Chairman, we appear to be one of the straightest chairman to supporter connections around

Few points from me

1 - They laid 2 pitches in the last few years without guarantee and wasted somewhere around $600k - this pitch comes with a guarantee - still a huge waste of money and annoys me!
2 - The club made a loss of £1.2m last year and football clubs work in an unsustainable model that when sh*t hits the fan, they will struggle and some clubs will go bust. We can't be the only one in this situation
3 - Lower league clubs work on the basis a high proportion of income comes through match day revenue. The chairman makes a valid point and this could struggle for however long restrictions stay in place
4 - Do the board provide quarterly financial and performance updates to stakeholders? That should now show cup money and some year on year improvements
5 - I thought the Matheson deal was rumored to be installments depending on appearances etc..we might have got X amount which had already been earmarked for something but the future fees could take years to kick in, It wouldn't surprise me if the Adshead deal was similar

I for one am feeling pretty nervous about the future of many clubs at the moment especially those under the championship without decent TC revenue. I do however have decent faith in the board who over the years have always put the longevity of the club first and i have no reason to think that would change.

I hate to look at the negativity but this will be a really difficult season. The club will have allocated less wage budget than before hence not resigning our quality players and if the market as a whole doesn't make an amendment shortly, the rich will get richer and the poor get poorer. It wouldn't surprise me to see the dale bring in a few more L2 / National league level player who may be ready for the next level with substantially less pay on the contract.

I really hope we make it through the next year as club

UP THE DALE
Message from the Chairman on 00:02 - Aug 5 with 1609 viewsD_Alien

Message from the Chairman on 23:18 - Aug 4 by suttonlegendhillgod

A fair point regarding the club preferring adults paying full whack and the kids not getting a look in. So,it’s 2170 lucky soles who are getting access. Logistics? What do we reckon? Sandy Lane shut. Just under a thousand in the Wilbutts. The rest shared between the Pearl St and Main Stand? No kiosks. Opening Studds/ Dale bar during game/ half time? Surely not practical. Before game? Could be done for advanced bookings,not in the spirit of a normal match day,but could be done easily with tables scattered about. Toilet facilities? Just don’t see a simple solution for this. We all want to go at half time. Will let others come up with solutions to that. Initial entrance to the ground? Have heard mention of staggered arrival times. In the real world,don’t see that happening. Everyone has to push the turnstiles,again it seems a minor thing,but that’s hundreds of hands touching the same bits of metal. Seating arrangements? I take it no more than 6 people can sit together? Will the club be checking up on people’s addresses re social bubbles etc? And back to the initial point, will it be a one size fits all price for all ages? Just a few points to mull over.

There's plenty who'll have experience of staggered arrivals at matches, it's pretty much the norm for some!

But you're right - accommodating 2170 soles will be quite a... feat

[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 0:03]

Message from the Chairman on 07:05 - Aug 5 with 1460 viewsnordenblue

Message from the Chairman on 00:02 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

There's plenty who'll have experience of staggered arrivals at matches, it's pretty much the norm for some!

Taking into account all the fear factor the media like to pump into us all dailly,are we sure even 2170 folk will actually be willing to attend anyway, I can see attendances massively hit all over the country
Message from the Chairman on 07:13 - Aug 5 with 1436 viewsBillyRudd

Message from the Chairman on 00:02 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

We really are up the creek if we have to find 2170 one legged customers!
Message from the Chairman on 07:34 - Aug 5 with 1406 viewsDaleiLama

Message from the Chairman on 07:13 - Aug 5 by BillyRudd

We really are up the creek if we have to find 2170 one legged customers!

Sounds a bit fishy to me that?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Message from the Chairman on 07:50 - Aug 5 with 1382 viewsBillyRudd

Message from the Chairman on 07:34 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Sounds a bit fishy to me that?

Its only an opinion said the man with a wooden leg.
Message from the Chairman on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 1262 viewsAtThePeake

Does anyone know how many season tickets we ended up selling last year?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024