Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Camps 12:33 - Sep 9 with 3527 viewsjacko_dale

According to Darragh MacAnthony on his podcast, Peterborough had a deal in place for 'nearly 400k' for him last summer but the player turned it down. I think the deal was fairly common knowledge but not sure if the figure ever was.

Goes on to credit our board and say they were tough negotiators!
Camps on 14:03 - Sep 9 with 3246 views49thseason

Should have snatched their hands off if true
Camps on 14:06 - Sep 9 with 3233 viewssandylaner

https://the72.co.uk/174879/peterborough-united-had-400k-accepted-for-league-one-
Camps on 14:09 - Sep 9 with 3215 viewsDaleFan7

Camps on 14:03 - Sep 9 by 49thseason

Nothing we could do if he wouldn't go.
Camps on 14:20 - Sep 9 with 3167 viewsChaffRAFC

Camps on 14:03 - Sep 9 by 49thseason

We did!

The player turned the move down, not us!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Camps on 14:41 - Sep 9 with 3110 viewsrichfoad32

Any reason given as to why he didn't fancy the move? Posh are probably going to pay better and are more likely to be challenging at the right end of the table than us. They've also got a track record for their players going on to much bigger and better things...

Did he want to stay in the north west? Too much competition for places?
Camps on 14:46 - Sep 9 with 3076 viewsjacko_dale

Camps on 14:41 - Sep 9 by richfoad32

Any reason given as to why he didn't fancy the move? Posh are probably going to pay better and are more likely to be challenging at the right end of the table than us. They've also got a track record for their players going on to much bigger and better things...

Yeah, basically said Camps didn't fancy it for geographical reasons and as a rule once a player has turned them down for those reasons he generally doesn't try to convince them.

Was also complimentary about our style of play and said the game at their place was one of the strangest he's ever seen in that we dominated yet they battered us 6-0!
Camps on 14:52 - Sep 9 with 3040 viewsDaleFan7

Barry Fry said he wanted a move to the Championship but now with covid, there are more players than there are people recruiting for positions so he had to settle for League One and chose to stay in the NW.
Camps on 19:11 - Sep 9 with 2564 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Or you could read it as, free agent can demand far more wages and signing on fee, his agent knew he could get a club (had he decided Peterborough was ok you think they would have said no to a free agent having bid 400k)

I don’t blame camps at all, had we offered him 200k to leave in January, he might still not have gone. Like Henderson, I think they both knew their destinations way before January.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Camps on 19:54 - Sep 9 with 2471 viewsYadHoDale

With him being out of contract, I'm a little surprised that someone at one of the more sensible Championship clubs didn't offer anything to Callum. Would have thought he could do a job for Preston, Blackburn, Rotherham or Barnsley, for example. Or maybe they did, but Fleetwood offered a better deal...
Camps on 20:15 - Sep 9 with 2398 viewsD_Alien

Camps on 19:54 - Sep 9 by YadHoDale

With him being out of contract, I'm a little surprised that someone at one of the more sensible Championship clubs didn't offer anything to Callum. Would have thought he could do a job for Preston, Blackburn, Rotherham or Barnsley, for example. Or maybe they did, but Fleetwood offered a better deal...

There's no doubt he'll have been watched by their scouts, especially after showing some promise in the game against Spurs in Feb 2018

Perhaps when they turned up subsequently, they found his performances too pedestrian to make a difference in the Championship, and he wasn't any better than what they'd already got

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024