Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread, Sheff Wed 18:49 - Sep 15 with 11801 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:35 - Sep 15 with 3255 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:32 - Sep 15 by boromat

Game over it's been coming. We ran out of steam 10 minutes ago.

Me too
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:38 - Sep 15 with 3196 viewsfunkkk

The weekend was frustrating. Tonight is deflating! Feel sorry for the lads and BBM. We need bodies in quick.
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:40 - Sep 15 with 3152 viewsSuddenLad

Well beaten. No arguments. After the Josh Windass goal, how many more Father/Sons have scored at Spotland?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:40 - Sep 15 with 3155 viewsSandyman

Ill preparedness (too long cadging furlough) and boardroom parsimony are giving the expected results that have been predicted on this forum for several weeks now.
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:41 - Sep 15 with 3140 viewsAncoats_Blue

I can’t be too despondent about a cup run being cut short this season being unable to actually go to games.
I feel the first half we were decent considering the league difference. But 2nd half they sussed us out and dominated. So clear we need a “proper” striker on the pitch. What worries be a bit is that we looked knackered towards the end of that. Hoping Sunday yields a better result.
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:43 - Sep 15 with 3078 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:40 - Sep 15 by SuddenLad

Well beaten. No arguments. After the Josh Windass goal, how many more Father/Sons have scored at Spotland?

Now that's a cracking question.

And in the same competition.

I'll start with Alan Jones (for Dale) & Gary Jones (not that one, for Notts County).
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 21:44]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:45 - Sep 15 with 3027 viewsJames1980

Hoping that is going to be a blessing in disguise. Less games for our ciggie paper thin squad. No prize money in early rounds as has been discussed. TV money is very much luck of the draw as well. After Saturday hopefully it will concentrate minds in plugging the gaping holes.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:48 - Sep 15 with 2973 views1907

So it appears we’re in for another season of having no idea how to defend set pieces.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:49 - Sep 15 with 2961 viewsswiggy

That was horrendous, play it out from the back, don’t make me laugh, we never kept the ball for more than 2 passes so what’s the point. Sheffield Wednesday will be in league1 next year after points deduction so we should at least look threatening now and again but no, complete crap. Sign a left back please and have a plan B or give up. Sorry but I’m so disappointed I can’t believe how bad that was ☹️
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:50 - Sep 15 with 2928 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:45 - Sep 15 by James1980

Hoping that is going to be a blessing in disguise. Less games for our ciggie paper thin squad. No prize money in early rounds as has been discussed. TV money is very much luck of the draw as well. After Saturday hopefully it will concentrate minds in plugging the gaping holes.

There is prize money in the early rounds, James, but not as much as last year.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:53 - Sep 15 with 2894 viewsJames1980

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:50 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

There is prize money in the early rounds, James, but not as much as last year.

Best put on those awfulpedic shoes again.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 22:08 - Sep 15 with 2743 viewsboromat

Disappointed with that but not surprised. Currently we can probably manage 65 minutes and then we're done especially against a team from the level above. Today wasn't our strongest team but not far off and as has been the case in all the other games so far we missed the focal point up top.

Looking forward to seeing how Humphrys changes the sides dynamics but at the same time I'm not expecting any miracles and completely understand the other big holes we have in the squad that need filling.

Any points we pick up this month and through to the transfer deadline will be a bonus. Our season will start then.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 22:10 - Sep 15 with 2736 viewsjudd

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 22:08 - Sep 15 by boromat

Disappointed with that but not surprised. Currently we can probably manage 65 minutes and then we're done especially against a team from the level above. Today wasn't our strongest team but not far off and as has been the case in all the other games so far we missed the focal point up top.

Looking forward to seeing how Humphrys changes the sides dynamics but at the same time I'm not expecting any miracles and completely understand the other big holes we have in the squad that need filling.

Any points we pick up this month and through to the transfer deadline will be a bonus. Our season will start then.

Our season has already started.

I cannot see how it can be viewed any other way.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 23:05 - Sep 15 with 2511 viewsboromat

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 22:10 - Sep 15 by judd

Our season has already started.

I cannot see how it can be viewed any other way.

I think you know what I mean, we don't stand a chance of being competitive until then. I hope I'm wrong and we can pick up the odd point before then. I'm just not convinced at the moment.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 06:49 - Sep 16 with 2235 viewsBeechball

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:43 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

I'll start with Alan Jones (for Dale) & Gary Jones (not that one, for Notts County).

Did Tony Moulden score his one Dale goal at Spotland ?
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 12:45 - Sep 16 with 1749 viewsjudd

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 23:05 - Sep 15 by boromat

I think you know what I mean, we don't stand a chance of being competitive until then. I hope I'm wrong and we can pick up the odd point before then. I'm just not convinced at the moment.

I wasn't being facetious. I just don't think we should be making excuses.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 17:29 - Sep 16 with 1555 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 06:49 - Sep 16 by Beechball

Did Tony Moulden score his one Dale goal at Spotland ?

No, away at Doncaster.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 1280 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We obviously have no goal threat at all other than Newby but he needs someone to help, done is absolutely shite, runs about in circles then either loses it or plays it backwards.

Both Alby and Calvin are currently without a club, surely a month to month deal could have been arranged. Alby I would have back in our squad in a second and despite Calvin being poor, if he played every game he would probably get 10 goals or close to it.

Might only be a short term fix, but Matt done is an excuse of a footballer now, he is now a worse version on Donnelly, something I never thought I would say about anyone!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:12 - Sep 17 with 1258 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:09 - Sep 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

We obviously have no goal threat at all other than Newby but he needs someone to help, done is absolutely shite, runs about in circles then either loses it or plays it backwards.

Both Alby and Calvin are currently without a club, surely a month to month deal could have been arranged. Alby I would have back in our squad in a second and despite Calvin being poor, if he played every game he would probably get 10 goals or close to it.

Might only be a short term fix, but Matt done is an excuse of a footballer now, he is now a worse version on Donnelly, something I never thought I would say about anyone!

I thought this was a serious post until I got to the bit about Calvin scoring 10 goals , good one

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:14 - Sep 17 with 1252 viewskel

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:09 - Sep 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

There’s more chance of me scoring with Miley Cyrus than there is of Kelvin Andrews scoring 10 goals a season in league one.
Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:27 - Sep 17 with 1228 viewsjudd

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:14 - Sep 17 by kel

There’s more chance of me scoring with Miley Cyrus than there is of Kelvin Andrews scoring 10 goals a season in league one.

I'll see if I can get you on her guest list, fella.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:36 - Sep 17 with 1203 viewskel

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:27 - Sep 17 by judd

I'll see if I can get you on her guest list, fella.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 15:56 - Sep 17 with 1073 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 21:43 - Sep 15 by TVOS1907

What about Mick and Ollie Rathbone?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 16:04 - Sep 17 with 1062 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 15:56 - Sep 17 by SuddenLad

What about Mick and Ollie Rathbone?

Doubt Mick did, but I can check. Preston and Halifax are the best bet.

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 17:52 - Sep 17 with 928 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread, Sheff Wed on 14:12 - Sep 17 by rochdaleriddler

I thought this was a serious post until I got to the bit about Calvin scoring 10 goals , good one

I have never rated Calvin, don’t know why we ever signed him, don’t know why he got a contract extension, but, he is probably better than what we currently have!

As a main striker, starting every game, you would expect a goal in 3 if any good, even George got around 1 in 5 if I remember correctly, so for Calvin to get near 10 as a main striker would not be ridiculous, especially if he took pens.

The main point was though that we are toothless and Alby or Calvin short term would have been far better than we have. To go into a season not only unfit but with no strikers is crazy. Also blaming being late back is no excuse for fitness, a player may not be match sharp but he can remain match fit if he wants to, regardless of circumstances (unless injured)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024