Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baah analysis 10:04 - Feb 19 with 2625 viewswindowsbug2002

This popped up on my feed.
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/kwadwo-baah-2020-21-scout-repo
Baah analysis on 10:29 - Feb 19 with 2546 viewsalbert_park

Very interesting article although I didn't particularly understand it all. In my day the winger would be quick enough to beat his marker and cross the ball into the penalty area. If they didn't quite have the speed, they would use their dribbling skill to get to the bye-line and put in a cross. All very straightforward and enjoyable to watch. There was no diving or cynical fouls but how the game has changed. People will always refer to their earlier experiences as the best but I still get pleasure watching Dale except for our home form this season.
Baah analysis on 10:46 - Feb 19 with 2504 viewselectricblue

Reading all that makes me wonder just how much have City actually paid if Baah is such an above average talent......

He will mody probably have next season being coached and then loaned out to a team abroad....
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 10:48]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Baah analysis on 11:06 - Feb 19 with 2448 viewspioneer

Baah analysis on 10:46 - Feb 19 by electricblue

Reading all that makes me wonder just how much have City actually paid if Baah is such an above average talent......

He will mody probably have next season being coached and then loaned out to a team abroad....
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 10:48]

Reading all that makes my head hurt!

Whatever happened to Mike Bassett’s “On me head son”?
Baah analysis on 11:11 - Feb 19 with 2436 viewsDalenet

The whole science thing is fascinating. I can imagine a time when the club spends money for this type of analysis in order to create a portfolio to seek bids for players - all part of a deliberate funding strategy. One step beyond using a performance analyst to help the squad improve game to game. Talented players are assets and we will always be sellers.
Baah analysis on 12:16 - Feb 19 with 2323 viewsD_Alien

One interesting aspect was the analysis considered he has potential as a central striker

Given we've had Lund labouring in the role when he's more effective (both in general and also, it seems, in terms of goalscoring) from midfield, i'm surprised that BBM hasn't at least tried Baah in a more central role alongside Humphrys, seeing him presented with 1on1's with the keeper

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Baah analysis on 12:33 - Feb 19 with 2263 viewsboromat

Baah analysis on 11:11 - Feb 19 by Dalenet

The whole science thing is fascinating. I can imagine a time when the club spends money for this type of analysis in order to create a portfolio to seek bids for players - all part of a deliberate funding strategy. One step beyond using a performance analyst to help the squad improve game to game. Talented players are assets and we will always be sellers.

Isn't there an app for that?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Baah analysis on 12:48 - Feb 19 with 2213 viewsKingstdale

Baah analysis on 11:11 - Feb 19 by Dalenet

This is relative to the 'Moneyball Theory in Sport'.
Something I believe our American associate has some experience of.
Could this be why we have recently added another analyst to the first team?
The link below gives more info. re. MoneyBall.
https://grantland.com/features/the-economics-moneyball/#:~:text=The%20Moneyball%
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 12:53]
Baah analysis on 13:03 - Feb 19 with 2170 viewsHK_Dale

Baah analysis on 12:48 - Feb 19 by Kingstdale

This is relative to the 'Moneyball Theory in Sport'.
Something I believe our American associate has some experience of.
Could this be why we have recently added another analyst to the first team?
The link below gives more info. re. MoneyBall.
https://grantland.com/features/the-economics-moneyball/#:~:text=The%20Moneyball%
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 12:53]

I think looking at Brentford is an ideal model. Benham's view of how to apply data and analytics to football should be viewed as a huge success. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/04/brentfords-focus-human-touch-be

I think getting this balance of data and man management right is the key and is probably the way more teams will start to look at building teams and football clubs. That utilisation of data is where we should be investing money across back office functions to scale them rather than the 'traditional' approach of hiring lots of people.
Login to get fewer ads

Baah analysis on 13:11 - Feb 19 with 2142 viewsKingstdale

Baah analysis on 13:03 - Feb 19 by HK_Dale

I think looking at Brentford is an ideal model. Benham's view of how to apply data and analytics to football should be viewed as a huge success. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/04/brentfords-focus-human-touch-be

I think getting this balance of data and man management right is the key and is probably the way more teams will start to look at building teams and football clubs. That utilisation of data is where we should be investing money across back office functions to scale them rather than the 'traditional' approach of hiring lots of people.

Brentford have been the almost perfect example.
Rasmus Ankersen,although he does have limited coaching experience,is on their Board for his Data Analysis skills,,and very successful he is at it too!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 13:13]
Baah analysis on 13:47 - Feb 19 with 2047 viewsHK_Dale

Baah analysis on 13:11 - Feb 19 by Kingstdale

Brentford have been the almost perfect example.
Rasmus Ankersen,although he does have limited coaching experience,is on their Board for his Data Analysis skills,,and very successful he is at it too!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 13:13]

The fact he has limited coaching experience is in fact probably a benefit.

Less subjective bias (consciously or unconciously) creeping into the insights. It becomes a more "pure" approach. With the findings from the analytics supported by experienced coaches to look at cultural factors etc.
Baah analysis on 15:47 - Feb 19 with 1896 viewsonedalefan

Comparison to Arjen Robben. Baah doesn't fall over when not touched and then complain when no free kick given!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024