Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TAKEOVER OFF? 19:33 - Jul 9 with 12379 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/07/trust-update-re-investors/

Interesting news tonight emerging that the takeover might be being called off.

According to the Trust statement the EFL have said it ”cannot find any evidence of the source and sufficiency of funding” being provided by the potential purchaser.

I’m not a bright fella but even I know you have to get the EFL to signoff on a takeover after what happened to our friends at bury.

Rule 16.21 appears to be the key one:
“16.21. 2 The League shall have the power to require the Person who proposes to acquire or has acquired Control to appear before it and to provide evidence of the source and sufficiency of any funds which that Person proposes to invest in or otherwise make available to the Club.”

So that means if you are Andy Curran:
1) You have to go and see the EFL in person
2) You have to provide evidence of the source of the funds (i.e. have made the money legitimately from life and you’ve not up to anything naughty or illicit)
3) You have to provide sufficiency of funds (i.e. you can’t just turn up with £5 and a bag of crisps and say that will be enough to run a club before plunging them into a ton of debt).

Then the EFL have to signoff on you. No EFL signoff = no control.

I assume that person doing the signing off must be Nick Craig who is the EFL lawyer who was in the news when bury were taken over by a charlatan who ran them into the ground. I also presume that the EFL have a number of tests they do to check things like your background and your wealth to conclude you are a fit and proper person and I've heard David Bottomley use his name a few times before at fans forums.

With all that in mind if the EFL are saying they ”cannot find any evidence of the source and sufficiency of funding” being provided by the potential purchaser. then where does that leave Andy Curran?

To be fair, I’ve never heard of Andy Curran before his name showed up on here so couldn’t tell you how he’s made his money in life but he must have a wodge of cash from somewhere if he is going around trying to buy up shares in any football club.

Do that mean the takeover is off?!

It’s a strong quote from the EFL and their Head of Governance Ryan Hyde and suggests that Andy Curran is a liar who hasn’t provided what is needed for the EFL to review his credibility.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:39 - Jul 9 with 5026 viewsjudd

He's been up and down to the Dale in a £300k Rolls Royce Cullinan, which has been registered 3 times since it was first registered in October 2020.

Nice motor.

Poll: What is it to be then?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:42 - Jul 9 with 4976 viewsIOMDale

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:39 - Jul 9 by judd

He's been up and down to the Dale in a £300k Rolls Royce Cullinan, which has been registered 3 times since it was first registered in October 2020.

Nice motor.

Leased, by any chance?

UTDNFS

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:42 - Jul 9 with 4954 viewsjudd

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:42 - Jul 9 by IOMDale

Leased, by any chance?

No

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:44 - Jul 9 with 4918 viewsTomRAFC

Andy Curran was impossible to find any info on. Now, with a quick Google, public information shows him to be a proven liar. Has anyone ever gone from being a ghost to a public disgrace this quick?

He has prime opportunity to slink away. It would be advisable.

Let's get Kilpatrick/Altman/Marcelli bought out asap.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:47 - Jul 9 with 4872 viewsTalkingSutty

Bottomley strikes again? Just like yourself RAFCBLUE I know nothing about this Curran fella but if he’s acquired the shares from Bottomley and Rawlinson, probably Kilpatricks then I think he has been sold a pup. Curran could actually be another one of Bottomley’s victims! The fact he’s been proven to tell lies obviously doesn’t paint Curran in a good light.

We’ve just had a AGM/ EGM and both Bottomley and Rawlinson ended up being removed from the Boardroom, discredited both of them. They knew at the meeting that there was zero appetite from shareholders to sell shares, or have one person with a majority shareholding. It now appears as though Bottomley has found somebody daft enough to buy his and others shares ( probably at a inflated price), having failed with the Martin Halsall deal. He’s determined to screw our Club over and he will find others to use in the process obviously. If I was this Curran fella I would be asking serious questions of my advisors or whoever introduced him to Bottomley etc.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2021 19:57]
TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 4849 viewsRAFCBLUE

Nice motor.

I wonder if that was one of the cars I saw during the protest at the Swindon game judd?

Some very nice motors there that night; there looked to be Rolls Royce there that evening which is not the sort of thing you miss at Spotland!

Maybe some of the lads who were protesting have a picture of it? it sounds a very nice car.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:48 - Jul 9 with 4840 viewsD_Alien

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:44 - Jul 9 by TomRAFC

Andy Curran was impossible to find any info on. Now, with a quick Google, public information shows him to be a proven liar. Has anyone ever gone from being a ghost to a public disgrace this quick?

He has prime opportunity to slink away. It would be advisable.

Let's get Kilpatrick/Altman/Marcelli bought out asap.

And also to remember to give way to genuine fans, walking across the carpark to buy a Season Card i.e. invest proper hard-earned cash into the club, rather than not giving a shit if they get run over or not

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:49 - Jul 9 with 4819 viewsjudd

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:47 - Jul 9 by TalkingSutty

Bottomley strikes again? Just like yourself RAFCBLUE I know nothing about this Curran fella but if he’s acquired the shares from Bottomley and Rawlinson, probably Kilpatricks then I think he has been sold a pup. Curran could actually be another one of Bottomley’s victims! The fact he’s been proven to tell lies obviously doesn’t paint Curran in a good light.

We’ve just had a AGM/ EGM and both Bottomley and Rawlinson ended up being removed from the Boardroom, discredited both of them. They knew at the meeting that there was zero appetite from shareholders to sell shares, or have one person with a majority shareholding. It now appears as though Bottomley has found somebody daft enough to buy his and others shares ( probably at a inflated price), having failed with the Martin Halsall deal. He’s determined to screw our Club over and he will find others to use in the process obviously. If I was this Curran fella I would be asking serious questions of my advisors or whoever introduced him to Bottomley etc.

I met Mr Curran briefly before the Swindon game and he laughed when he was told Bottomley was a tvvat. I warmed to him.

Login to get fewer ads

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:52 - Jul 9 with 4771 viewsSuddenLad

Nice motor.

I wonder who's it is?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:52 - Jul 9 with 4758 viewsjudd

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:48 - Jul 9 by RAFCBLUE

I wonder if that was one of the cars I saw during the protest at the Swindon game judd?

Some very nice motors there that night; there looked to be Rolls Royce there that evening which is not the sort of thing you miss at Spotland!

Maybe some of the lads who were protesting have a picture of it? it sounds a very nice car.

I have a photo of it and it's minder.

I thought he was there for protecting Lee Powers?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:53 - Jul 9 with 4736 viewsjudd

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:52 - Jul 9 by SuddenLad

I wonder who's it is?

71 AC

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:54 - Jul 9 with 4723 viewsQuigley_dale

When you compare the original statement from the Trusts meeting with the 'Investors' and the The clubs, they don't match up.
TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:54 - Jul 9 with 4704 viewsDaleiLama

I wonder if any of the alleged shareholders who dumped their shares (and the club) have checked their balance to see if any funds have actually appeared?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 4671 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:49 - Jul 9 by judd

I met Mr Curran briefly before the Swindon game and he laughed when he was told Bottomley was a tvvat. I warmed to him.

To be fair, anyone who thinks otherwise of Bottomley is also a tvvat.
TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 4664 viewsSuddenLad

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:53 - Jul 9 by judd

71 AC

Arfur Crown

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 4663 viewsRAFCBLUE

71 AC

AC = Andy Curran.

It's all making sense now.

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 4651 viewsjudd

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:54 - Jul 9 by DaleiLama

I wonder if any of the alleged shareholders who dumped their shares (and the club) have checked their balance to see if any funds have actually appeared?

I'm not sure it works that way.

Deposit with solicitor, balance upon completion of share transfer confirmed by issuing of share certificate duly signed by the requisite number of directors is how I understand it.

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:57 - Jul 9 with 4652 viewsTalkingSutty

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:49 - Jul 9 by judd

You didn’t have to be Einstein to suss Bottomley out, he’s obviously still up to his tricks even after leaving the Club...trying his hardest to kill our Club off? Why didn’t he and his band of brothers offer their shares to the Club/ Trust, give us a chance to protect our Club?
TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:58 - Jul 9 with 4611 viewsDaleiLama

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 by judd

Deposit with solicitor, balance upon completion of share transfer confirmed by issuing of share certificate duly signed by the requisite number of directors is how I understand it.

Hope none of them have booked holidays 😬

TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:00 - Jul 9 with 4586 viewsDaleiLama

71 AC

Is that a balance?

TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:02 - Jul 9 with 4562 viewsRAFCBLUE

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:47 - Jul 9 by TalkingSutty

You might not be wrong TS.

Bottomley's own ego meant he looked down on everyone. I'm not sure where Andy Curran is from or his background but I can imagine Bottomley looking down on someone less able, never run a football club, looks to have limited business background etc.

It's a classic pump and dump strategy. Bottomley says "look at this lovely shiny thing you should buy it from me for a lot of money" as he is about to get removed by shareholders at the EGM.

A naive investor gives Bottomley money for it. Said thing turns out to be worthless!

DB rides off into the sunset with cold hard cash for his shares; never to be seen again....

He did it to Newcastle fans for a bacon sandwich and a coffee in the FA Cup so he's more than capable of doing it to Andy Curran.

TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 4541 viewsSandyman

Dearie me, this is a mess isn't it. This is so chaotic and poorly done, it's like having Bottomley back on the manor again.

If I've read this correctly, the "intermediary" alleged to be an Alexander Jarvis of Blackbridge Sports is acting on behalf of an Andrew Curran and Darrell Rose according to posts last week. No idea who these people are, sorry, nor their provenance. May be wrong but someone will know.

It seems a "potential investor" hasn't been true to his word about "proof of funding" to the EFL, RAFC and Dale Trust. You would suspect Alex Jarvis / Blackbridge Sports have not done their homework and advised their client incorrectly. I seem to recall there were strict rules about such things imposed by the EFL (and rightly so) that I'd read about during the "Halsall" fiasco. As it stands, the new "investor" will own 0 shares in RAFC. The duty of the board is toward the shareholders, not pretend shareholders.

Perhaps it's Bottomley trying to fool people again to get his hands on a few quid.

More red flags than Skegness beach during a Tsunami.

Carriages?
TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:07 - Jul 9 with 4477 viewsRAFCBLUE

TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:03 - Jul 9 by Sandyman

Dearie me, this is a mess isn't it. This is so chaotic and poorly done, it's like having Bottomley back on the manor again.

If I've read this correctly, the "intermediary" alleged to be an Alexander Jarvis of Blackbridge Sports is acting on behalf of an Andrew Curran and Darrell Rose according to posts last week. No idea who these people are, sorry, nor their provenance. May be wrong but someone will know.

It seems a "potential investor" hasn't been true to his word about "proof of funding" to the EFL, RAFC and Dale Trust. You would suspect Alex Jarvis / Blackbridge Sports have not done their homework and advised their client incorrectly. I seem to recall there were strict rules about such things imposed by the EFL (and rightly so) that I'd read about during the "Halsall" fiasco. As it stands, the new "investor" will own 0 shares in RAFC. The duty of the board is toward the shareholders, not pretend shareholders.

Perhaps it's Bottomley trying to fool people again to get his hands on a few quid.

More red flags than Skegness beach during a Tsunami.

Carriages?

To be fair Sandyman - if you haven't got proof of funding then you are only ever going to be a "potential" investor!

Jarvis needs to get Curran off to see the EFL and sit in front of them so that they can check his financial credentials.

TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:09 - Jul 9 with 4435 viewsfermin

TAKEOVER OFF? on 19:56 - Jul 9 by judd

Just so I understand this as it is all new to me. Does this mean that the current board can refuse to allow a transfer of shares to a new purchaser for any reason or do they have to have a good reason to turn it down? If so, would dodgy reputation and no proof of funds be sufficient?

This would mean the current board could in effect veto any transfer of ownership, despite having comparatively few shares at the moment. While this would be great in the current circumstances it would be bad if we wanted new shareholders to oust the old board (if that makes sense). Though I suppose shareholders could just call an EGM in that instance.
TAKEOVER OFF? on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 4409 viewsDaleiLama

So DB failed to sell the club to someone with no money whilst CEO and failed to sell his shares in the club to someone with no money after leaving the club? Have I got that right? It isn't on his LinkedIn page yet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024