Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& 10:20 - Aug 5 with 10780 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/08/trust-contact-efl-over-comments/

Surely the EFL have to act against people who make "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments" whilst pretending they are interested in running a football club?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 10:20]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 10:24 - Aug 5 with 4924 viewsRAFCBLUE

Full article:

The Trust have contacted the EFL over homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments that were reportedly made towards the Club during an EFL meeting last week.

The following email has been sent to the EFL this morning:

It was reported last night at the Fans Forum last night that our prospective new owners were responsible for a number of comments during last week’s meeting with the EFL. From what was stated, these include:

Calling the Rochdale AFC Board of Directors “Nancy boys”
Said that the people of Rochdale were “small minded people”
Expressed a desire to settle any dispute with a physical fight inside a boxing ring

It goes without saying that this has caused a great deal of concern within our fanbase. If these comments were said in the meeting, it would seem that their position is in a complete polar opposite to that of the EFL that has made a firm commitment to make “football welcoming for everyone” by embracing the LGBTQ+ community — something we at the Dale Trust are totally in support of. Furthermore, the boxing ring comments brings back dreadful memories football back in the 80’s that was blighted by hooliganism.

In light of these comments, we have a number of questions for the EFL that we would like answering as a result of these comments:

Can you confirm that these comments were made in last week’s EFL meeting with Andy Curran and Darrel Rose?
What action do you intend to take as a result of these comments?
Will the EFL be taking these comments into account when coming to their decision whether Curran and Rose meet the criteria for the fit and proper person test?
Is it not true that comments such as these completely contradict the diversity ethos demanded by all football governing bodies, and contravention by anyone, including anyone already with, or currently seeking approval for a controlling interest of any Club within the EFL, would automatically exclude them from such approval being granted?

As soon as we receive any reply from the EFL, we will update Supporters at the earliest opportunity.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 11:06]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:30 - Aug 5 with 4750 viewsDaleiLama

Another example of why the more people who join the Trust, the more voices this represents ...... currently over 1,000 fans at one club. I'm sure a lot of other Trusts would endorse this message and may even drop the EFL an e-mail if contacted by our Trust (hint, hint). It can only strengthen our case?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:35 - Aug 5 with 4721 viewsjudd

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:30 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Another example of why the more people who join the Trust, the more voices this represents ...... currently over 1,000 fans at one club. I'm sure a lot of other Trusts would endorse this message and may even drop the EFL an e-mail if contacted by our Trust (hint, hint). It can only strengthen our case?

It was good to see more membership forms being completed and handed in last night.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 4679 viewsRAFCBLUE

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:30 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Two observations on that post DL:

1. Contacting the EFL - anyone can do that here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/contacting-the-efl/

Post: Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU
Tel: 01772 325829
Fax: 01772 325801

It is possible to send them a message with a web based form on the above link.

2. Trust membership.

The Trust is now over 1,000 members and it was noted last night that we have currently 1,600 season ticket holders; that's a gap of 600 people.

If you are a season ticket holder its really important that you are a Trust member so please do join the Trust. They are your voice in all of this.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 4663 viewsfermin

How is it known these comments were made during an EFL meeting? Was this a meeting between Rose/Curran and the EFL for the fit and proper persons test or a more general meeting, in which case I wonder why they were there?
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 12:12 - Aug 5 with 4591 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 11:43 - Aug 5 by RAFCBLUE

Two observations on that post DL:

1. Contacting the EFL - anyone can do that here:

https://www.efl.com/-more/contacting-the-efl/

Post: Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU
Tel: 01772 325829
Fax: 01772 325801

It is possible to send them a message with a web based form on the above link.

2. Trust membership.

The Trust is now over 1,000 members and it was noted last night that we have currently 1,600 season ticket holders; that's a gap of 600 people.

If you are a season ticket holder its really important that you are a Trust member so please do join the Trust. They are your voice in all of this.

Like this you mean?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Having just bought a Season Card to watch my club this season and having bought many in the past, I am extremely concerned about the nature of the two individuals (Curran and Rose), the source of their income, their intentions and the way they seem to operate (I believe the Rochdale Supporters Trust has already contacted you in this respect). The pair of them have affiliations with other clubs and none with Rochdale. Their is no reason why they should have an interest in Rochdale other than financial, since we have little debt.
I do not believe their interest is in the best interest of the club or football and I would urge you to investigate with extreme thoroughness every aspect of this proposed hostile takeover. We are close neighbours of Bury FC and we all know the history there - a history which we don't want to be repeated.
I look forward to hearing your position on this in as much detail as you are able to give
Thanks and regards

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:03 - Aug 5 with 4462 views1mark1

I have tweeted Tony Lloyd MP, with the Trust statement, plus the article.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:04 - Aug 5 with 4441 viewsD_Alien

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:03 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

Interesting that

The Dale Trust have contacted our newly knighted MP, as have i and no doubt many others, several weeks ago

So far, the response has been zilch. Not even an acknowledgement. Good luck with your attempt to elicit a response

[Edited]

[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 13:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:12 - Aug 5 with 4373 viewsdawlishdale

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:03 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

So did I , but haven't had the courtesy of a reply.
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:19 - Aug 5 with 4337 viewsRAFCBLUE

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 12:12 - Aug 5 by DaleiLama

Like this you mean?

Dear Sir/Madam,

Having just bought a Season Card to watch my club this season and having bought many in the past, I am extremely concerned about the nature of the two individuals (Curran and Rose), the source of their income, their intentions and the way they seem to operate (I believe the Rochdale Supporters Trust has already contacted you in this respect). The pair of them have affiliations with other clubs and none with Rochdale. Their is no reason why they should have an interest in Rochdale other than financial, since we have little debt.
I do not believe their interest is in the best interest of the club or football and I would urge you to investigate with extreme thoroughness every aspect of this proposed hostile takeover. We are close neighbours of Bury FC and we all know the history there - a history which we don't want to be repeated.
I look forward to hearing your position on this in as much detail as you are able to give
Thanks and regards

1,600 of those messages from concerned Season Ticket holders would be a lot for the EFL to have to consider.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:20 - Aug 5 with 4324 views442Dale

That’s a fantastic statement by the Trust and those questions put the ball firmly in the EFL’s court.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:34 - Aug 5 with 4228 views1mark1

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:04 - Aug 5 by D_Alien

Interesting that

The Dale Trust have contacted our newly knighted MP, as have i and no doubt many others, several weeks ago

So far, the response has been zilch. Not even an acknowledgement. Good luck with your attempt to elicit a response

[Edited]

[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 13:14]

Also sent an email

Dear Tony Lloyd,

I write to you about the developments of the hostile attempt to take over Rochdale AFC.

I include links to the Supporter's Trust recent statement plus an article written by a Dale supporting local journalist. Please can you contact the EDL and Sports Minister over these worrying developments.

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/08/04/is-it-time-for-the-poison-pill/amp/?__twi

Yours
Mark Hollinrake

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:36 - Aug 5 with 4205 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:34 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

Also sent an email

Dear Tony Lloyd,

I write to you about the developments of the hostile attempt to take over Rochdale AFC.

I include links to the Supporter's Trust recent statement plus an article written by a Dale supporting local journalist. Please can you contact the EDL and Sports Minister over these worrying developments.

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2021/08/04/is-it-time-for-the-poison-pill/amp/?__twi

Yours
Mark Hollinrake

I think that might need an edit!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 4087 viewsnordenblue

I've just sent a link for the Fitz article to a sports presenter on itv who lives locally, he's very interested in it so hopefully get something put together on the regional sports news too, we can only try
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:06 - Aug 5 with 4032 viewsjudd

I've emailed the guy who contacted me from Football Focus about Cloughies statue.

Also had a suggestion that a hate crime may have been committed.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/crime-info/hate-crime

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/hate-crime

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:07 - Aug 5 with 4022 views1mark1

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:36 - Aug 5 by TVOS1907

I think that might need an edit!

Very well spotted, and thanks. Just sent again to Tony Lloyd, correctly saying EFL.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:08 - Aug 5 with 4017 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 14:49 - Aug 5 by nordenblue

I've just sent a link for the Fitz article to a sports presenter on itv who lives locally, he's very interested in it so hopefully get something put together on the regional sports news too, we can only try

It's in Gregor Robertson's in box @ the Times too.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:12 - Aug 5 with 3995 viewsBigKindo

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 13:34 - Aug 5 by 1mark1

Also sent an email

Dear Tony Lloyd,

Yours
Mark Hollinrake

You could have copied in the MEN and Rochdale Online then our esteemed MP might be jolted into a response especially if the local press ask for a comment. Not responding to emails. Now where have I come across that before? Erm?
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:30 - Aug 5 with 3927 viewsSuddenLad

Dear Mr. Hyde,

I am contacting you in your capacity as Governance Manager for the EFL, in connection with the current circumstances involving Rochdale A.F.C. I know that the Rochdale A.F.C. Supporters Trust have been very pro-active in this regard and that you have been in regular contact with them.

You will need no background information from me as to the on-going situation, but as a supporter of this wonderful family club, about to start my 60th season of support, I cannot sit idly by whilst the club appears to be under serious threat from outsiders who have no affiliation for the club, the town or even a genuine love for football in any capacity.

I have become increasingly alarmed during recent weeks by the sheer volume of worrying and unsavoury information that has been uncovered by our own inquisitive supporters by their persistent delving into every available nook and cranny to uncover anything and everything possible about the personalities involved. A magnificent effort, I'm sure you'll agree.

The results of these searches do not make for good reading, either as a supporter of this club specifically, or to those whose duty it is to safeguard the security and existence of clubs in the lower reaches of the football pyramid. We are vulnerable and easy targets. The tragedy of Bury F.C. must never be allowed to recur.

Clubs at this level are the heartbeat of the town and the community. It is very difficult to quantify just how important these clubs are and how beneficial they are to the well-being of the people to whom they mean so much. They are a lifeline and in some circumstances, they are the only outside contact that people have from their otherwise solitary lives.

Last night (August 4th) I watched the Rochdale A.F.C. fans forum, where this situation was discussed, along with other matters. During the course of the evening it was disclosed by a supporter that Mr. Curran & Mr. Rose., two would-be 'significant persons' in this scenario, had used disgraceful terminology when referring to supporters of this club, the townspeople of Rochdale in general and worst of all were heard to use shocking homophobic language when referring to others associated with the club.

This is surely the final straw. These people, from the opposite end of the country, want to 'buy' OUR football club, for it to be used reportedly, 'where some mates can gather for a good drink', where they believe the people are 'small-minded', referring to individuals as 'Nancy Boys' and where they have suggested that unresolved matters 'should be sorted out in a boxing ring'.

Unless I am seriously mistaken, these people have NO visible means of support for the wealth they seem to enjoy, they have no proper football experience or interest of any kind, their compan(ies) are not accredited as required by law, they have no money of their own to go ahead with any kind of deal and at the same time are full of vile comments about the people they want to deal with.

The EFL have a massive and vitally important role to play in this situation, from many angles.

I cannot see how any of these characters could possibly pass the 'fit and proper' person test in their quest to become owners/major shareholders/Directors in our football club. The standards are set high for a reason and rightly so.

Their use of such homophobic and offensive, inflammatory language breaches many codes laid out in the EFL regulations. At a time when football is leading the way in teaching and educating fans throughout the pyramid to help the game become more inclusive for every possible member of society, these individuals seek to drag us back into the Dark Ages with their immature language and offensive conduct.

Finally, I believe that the EFL must now be in possession of sufficient data, information and knowledge to be able to stop this hostile action in its' tracks. It is abundantly clear that none of the persons showing an interest has the means, the integrity or the know-how to own or run a football club, whether that be Rochdale A.F.C. or the Dog & Duck reserves.

Please stand by our club in its' hour of need. Prevent this hostile bid with whatever means are at your disposal.

We are due commence our 100th consecutive season as a Football League club. No mean achievement for a club of this size. It hasn't always been easy and you won't need telling that I have witnessed some dark days in the last 60 years, on and off the pitch.

At this moment, our club stands on the verge of a new dawn. A new Chairman, and several new Directors who are all Dale supporters. A new management team and players who are keen, enthusiastic ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in to another campaign. I shall be supporting the club as ever in any way that I can. The season card is poised and ready for use. I hope this club is still here when my Dale supporting grandchildren are themselves grandparents, so that the tradition can continue.

Over to you. Please do the right thing.

Up the Dale.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:32 - Aug 5 with 3910 views1mark1

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:12 - Aug 5 by BigKindo

You could have copied in the MEN and Rochdale Online then our esteemed MP might be jolted into a response especially if the local press ask for a comment. Not responding to emails. Now where have I come across that before? Erm?

Done.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:43 - Aug 5 with 3846 viewsjacko_dale

Statement coming soon, according to his follow-up tweet.
Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 3829 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:48 - Aug 5 with 3812 viewsjudd

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:46 - Aug 5 by SuddenLad

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/august/efl-statement-rochdale-afc

"Any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made."

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:49 - Aug 5 with 3798 viewsSuddenLad

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:48 - Aug 5 by judd

"Any allegations in relation to discriminatory comments are matters for the Football Association which can investigate any individual who is subject to the FA Rules at the time the comments were allegedly made."

I interpret that as them saying, " Nowt to do with us Guv", in which case we should now bombard the FA with the relevant details and let them deal with it.

Dale Trust contact EFL over "homophobic, offensive and aggressive comments& on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 3746 viewsJames1980

'will take the most appropriate action available to it under its Regulations.'

If that is anything other than telling this bunch of sharks to fook right off the regulations need rewriting.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2021 16:02]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024