Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 22:26 - Aug 25 with 11567 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That will do ....away!
Burnley on 23:19 - Aug 26 with 3993 viewsCockneyDale

Burnley on 22:40 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Hi RAFCBLUE

* there

Yes, it was, but Alex Jones was sent off, not Bowden.

The three red cards were in two separate incidents as well.

I have a vague memory of going to Turf Moor to see us play in, I’d thought, the mid 80s. It was notable cos one of their players swung a punch at ours as they ran down the wing together and got sent off. Have I remembered this right or am I thinking of this match?!
Burnley on 10:28 - Aug 27 with 3692 viewsfermin

Burnley on 23:19 - Aug 26 by CockneyDale

I have a vague memory of going to Turf Moor to see us play in, I’d thought, the mid 80s. It was notable cos one of their players swung a punch at ours as they ran down the wing together and got sent off. Have I remembered this right or am I thinking of this match?!

I think that is a different game. I know I did not go to the game in the video but I did go to a game in the late 1980s where we won with 10 men and the Burnley fans did not take it too well! That is my memory anyway. The incident you describe rings a bell as well.
Burnley on 11:06 - Aug 27 with 3617 views1949er

Burnley on 10:28 - Aug 27 by fermin

I think that is a different game. I know I did not go to the game in the video but I did go to a game in the late 1980s where we won with 10 men and the Burnley fans did not take it too well! That is my memory anyway. The incident you describe rings a bell as well.

The last time i was at Turf Moor Tony Currie was playing for Sheffield Utd

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Burnley on 11:25 - Aug 27 with 3575 viewsDaleiLama

Burnley on 11:06 - Aug 27 by 1949er

Blimey - went with dad to that game. He was a Man Utd fan but would follow any and all NW teams and he got us tickets. Had a mancrush on TC back in the day.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Burnley on 12:17 - Aug 27 with 3519 viewspioneer

Burnley on 11:06 - Aug 27 by 1949er

last time I was there a chap called rooney scored a belter for a club that plays in red.
Burnley on 14:04 - Aug 27 with 3379 viewsfinberty

Burnley on 10:28 - Aug 27 by fermin

There was one when we were down at least one man, and Jon Bowden scored the only goal in a Dale win. I seem to recall Keith Welch and Tony Brown in an embrace at the end as the Dale backline had repelled everything thrown at it, against all odds. 1990/91? TVOS will confirm.

There was also one where Burnley fielded one Roger Eli in midfield, who at one point held a Dale player down on the deck by the throat, and was bouncing said player's head repeatedly into the pitch. It was the only time Mrs F attended with me, and that incident was her only abiding memory. I think it was the match where Bowden scored, because she was looking in the wrong direction at the time.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 14:07]
Burnley on 14:20 - Aug 27 with 3344 viewsTVOS1907

Burnley on 14:04 - Aug 27 by finberty

There was one when we were down at least one man, and Jon Bowden scored the only goal in a Dale win. I seem to recall Keith Welch and Tony Brown in an embrace at the end as the Dale backline had repelled everything thrown at it, against all odds. 1990/91? TVOS will confirm.

There was also one where Burnley fielded one Roger Eli in midfield, who at one point held a Dale player down on the deck by the throat, and was bouncing said player's head repeatedly into the pitch. It was the only time Mrs F attended with me, and that incident was her only abiding memory. I think it was the match where Bowden scored, because she was looking in the wrong direction at the time.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 14:07]

20th January 1990, Dale won 1-0 with a first half Peter Ward header.

Willie Burns and Steve O'Shaughnessy were sent off in the second half.

Jon Bowden made his debut for Dale at Turf Moor on 21st September 1991. Andy Milner scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. We finished with 11 men that day.

Bowden's only other Dale game at Turf Moor was the aforementioned FA Cup tie.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Burnley on 15:03 - Aug 27 with 3276 viewsfinberty

Burnley on 14:20 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

20th January 1990, Dale won 1-0 with a first half Peter Ward header.

Willie Burns and Steve O'Shaughnessy were sent off in the second half.

Jon Bowden made his debut for Dale at Turf Moor on 21st September 1991. Andy Milner scored the only goal in a 1-0 win. We finished with 11 men that day.

Bowden's only other Dale game at Turf Moor was the aforementioned FA Cup tie.

Thanks TVOS.

You see, totally mixed up with these memories that clearly aren't as vivid as I thought. Good job we can rely on you for these things!
Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 16:49 - Aug 27 with 3162 viewsTVOS1907

Burnley on 15:03 - Aug 27 by finberty

Thanks TVOS.

You see, totally mixed up with these memories that clearly aren't as vivid as I thought. Good job we can rely on you for these things!

You'll be stuffed when my memory goes, which won't be long, according to my missus!

Burnley on 17:12 - Aug 27 with 3128 viewsJames1980

Burnley on 16:49 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

You'll be stuffed when my memory goes, which won't be long, according to my missus!

Maybe a TVOS App

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Burnley on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 3116 viewsTVOS1907

Burnley on 17:12 - Aug 27 by James1980

Maybe a TVOS App

Good idea.

Maybe.

Burnley on 13:38 - Aug 29 with 2757 viewswindowsbug2002

Burnley on 23:19 - Aug 26 by CockneyDale

Wasn't that Leighton James on David Frain.
Burnley on 13:45 - Aug 29 with 2733 viewsTVOS1907

Burnley on 13:38 - Aug 29 by windowsbug2002

Wasn't that Leighton James on David Frain.

Certainly was.

Opening day of the season, 27th August 1988.

We lost 2-1.

Burnley on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 2283 viewsDaleiLama

Sky Sports games.
Carabao Cup Round Three
Tuesday 21 September - Norwich City v Liverpool - KO 1945
Wednesday 22 September - Manchester United v West Ham United - KO 1945

So looks like we won't be on ...... anyone heard when we'll be playing our game @ Burnley?

Burnley on 11:37 - Aug 31 with 2243 viewsAtThePeake

Burnley on 11:20 - Aug 31 by DaleiLama

Sky Sports games.
Carabao Cup Round Three

So looks like we won't be on ...... anyone heard when we'll be playing our game @ Burnley?

Of all the ties, they go for two all-Premier League matches, neither of which look in the least bit appetising.

Tangled up in blue.

Burnley on 11:48 - Aug 31 with 2217 viewsIOMDale

Burnley on 11:37 - Aug 31 by AtThePeake

Of all the ties, they go for two all-Premier League matches, neither of which look in the least bit appetising.

Uninspiring yet unsurprising.

UTDNFS

Burnley on 12:36 - Aug 31 with 2136 viewsTVOS1907

Burnley on 11:20 - Aug 31 by DaleiLama

Sky Sports games.
Carabao Cup Round Three

No details as yet, but most likely Tuesday 21st September, unless there's a reason to play it on the Wednesday.

Burnley play Arsenal on the previous Saturday, so our game should be on the Tuesday.

Burnley on 12:49 - Aug 31 with 2107 viewsBucketBstard

I'm sure some Dale manager was contemplating signing Francis a year or so after his assult on Jimmy Graham. It was whilst the old willbutts stand was there so I thought he might get a bit of abuse from the home fans, well me anyway... It was a disgraceful challenge
Burnley on 13:35 - Aug 31 with 2035 viewsDaleiLama

Burnley on 12:36 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

No details as yet, but most likely Tuesday 21st September, unless there's a reason to play it on the Wednesday.

Burnley play Arsenal on the previous Saturday, so our game should be on the Tuesday.

Ta

Burnley on 16:49 - Aug 31 with 1888 viewsCockneyDale

EDIT

[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 16:50]
Burnley on 16:51 - Aug 31 with 1877 viewsCockneyDale

Burnley on 13:45 - Aug 29 by TVOS1907

Certainly was.

Opening day of the season, 27th August 1988.

We lost 2-1.

Seems my memory is not as bad as I'd thought!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024