Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? 17:44 - Sep 9 with 7419 viewsLeeBrookfield

With the pandemic and future uncertainty about another lockdown.
Thought it might be an idea to think about how from a fans perspective, we can help the clubs turnover.
Forget euro millions lottery suggestions, real suggestions that might work.

Any suggestions ?
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:47 - Sep 9 with 4008 viewsrochedale

People going to home games.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:48 - Sep 9 with 3998 viewsLeeBrookfield

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:47 - Sep 9 by rochedale

People going to home games.

What more can we do to encourage that?
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:55 - Sep 9 with 3952 viewsdingdangblue

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:48 - Sep 9 by LeeBrookfield

Win a few home games.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:00 - Sep 9 with 3936 viewsrochedale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 17:48 - Sep 9 by LeeBrookfield

Ultimately, success on the pitch is the biggest influence to encourage floaters through the turnstiles. Continuing with our recent displays should see home attendances increase.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:04 - Sep 9 with 3924 viewsNorthernDale

In respect to getting more fans in,

1, Have a pay on the day turnstile, people having to get a ticket before hand will put off the casual fans, especially neutrals. i dread what will happen when the bad weather arrives, many think it is not worth waiting in line in cold weather or the rain to buy a ticket and not even one have smart phones.

2, Advertise more in the town centre and supermarkets, i.e a neat poster in a shop window for example.

Restart the old goldbond scheme with agents, it was a good money earner.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:05 - Sep 9 with 3922 viewswindowsbug2002

I dont think even Championship football would bring in more than 4000 on a regular basis.
There seems to be an apathy towards Rochdale FC.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:11 - Sep 9 with 3905 viewsJames1980

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:05 - Sep 9 by windowsbug2002

I dont think even Championship football would bring in more than 4000 on a regular basis.
There seems to be an apathy towards Rochdale FC.

What is the cause of the apathy and how can that be changed?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:33 - Sep 9 with 3817 viewsisitme

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:11 - Sep 9 by James1980

What is the cause of the apathy and how can that be changed?

A number of Premier League clubs on our doorstep. Rochdale being a poor town and pricing for casual supporters. Cultural issues where paying for lower league football, or often any football is not a typical pass time. People getting out of the habit due to Covid.

Answers on a postcard James. Winning football would help a bit. Lower prices maybe?
Login to get fewer ads

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:41 - Sep 9 with 3767 views442Dale

I actually think our attendances and season card sales have been above expectations on the back of relegation and the pandemic.

Something we have to look at, as illustrated again in the last day or so, is the ticketing situation and the ability to make it easy to buy them or just turn up and pay to get in. Solutions are there.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 3732 viewsboromat

It's a difficult one but here are some random mumblings.

Selling players and getting bums on seats tends to be the main ones. Sponsorship and hospitality is being pushed quite a lot. The share offering seems to be a great way to raise money quickly but that's on pause.

I think the kiosk offerings have been a great improvement and I'd like to see similar with the bars. Better beers/ales would be great. Spruce the places up. Maybe more regular opening times, outside seating and music? If we got a better selection of beers we could work with the places in the town and set up a real ale trail that includes a match at the Dale.

Run free shuttle buses to and from the town centre before and after the game.

The other Friday with the additional stuff on pre-match seemed to get a few people there earlier and later so maybe things like that could help.

A lot of non-league clubs make money from having artificial pitches and alcohol in the stands which obviously we can't do. If we had a training ground there could be possibilities. Rent the all whether pitches, have the gym available for memberships etc.

On top of match day hospitality could we have a permanent restaurant at the stadium would it work? Or food served in the ratcliffe if it's opening regularly.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 18:55]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 3729 viewsrochedale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:33 - Sep 9 by isitme

A number of Premier League clubs on our doorstep. Rochdale being a poor town and pricing for casual supporters. Cultural issues where paying for lower league football, or often any football is not a typical pass time. People getting out of the habit due to Covid.

Answers on a postcard James. Winning football would help a bit. Lower prices maybe?

Being able to watch 3pm kick offs either at home or in the pub must be a major factor too.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 19:12 - Sep 9 with 3655 viewsrochedale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:52 - Sep 9 by boromat

Selling players and getting bums on seats tends to be the main ones. Sponsorship and hospitality is being pushed quite a lot. The share offering seems to be a great way to raise money quickly but that's on pause.

I think the kiosk offerings have been a great improvement and I'd like to see similar with the bars. Better beers/ales would be great. Spruce the places up. Maybe more regular opening times, outside seating and music? If we got a better selection of beers we could work with the places in the town and set up a real ale trail that includes a match at the Dale.

The other Friday with the additional stuff on pre-match seemed to get a few people there earlier and later so maybe things like that could help.

A lot of non-league clubs make money from having artificial pitches and alcohol in the stands which obviously we can't do. If we had a training ground there could be possibilities. Rent the all whether pitches, have the gym available for memberships etc.

On top of match day hospitality could we have a permanent restaurant at the stadium would it work? Or food served in the ratcliffe if it's opening regularly.

This is all stuff the club could/should/do do. OP is about what fans can/could/should do.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 19:21 - Sep 9 with 3631 viewsLeeBrookfield

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 18:52 - Sep 9 by boromat

Also think putting a drinks machine and a snack vending machine in each of the home stands may reduce the kiosk queues and be able to bring a little extra. I never use the kiosks because I either have to miss 5 minutes of the first half or second half depending if I want to queue or not. The machines may reduce complaints and waiting times and bring in a few quid. Particularly with the younger supporters.

Also think if we can do a cheap rental in town, maybe have a club shop with the ability to sell dale lotto and match tickets there.

Also have a comedy night, held in the 1907 lounge to raise funds for ground improvements and the same principal for a live music event.

I know from a podcast [Price of Football or Hard truth, can't remember which one] there are companies also doing rent to buy schemes on electronic advert perimeter boards which may bring in some big sponsors and possibly attract a Sky TV game or 2 if they don't have to bring them and set them up ?

I am sure there are other possible things to look at.
Truly think if some of the board members read this thread it could be of some use.
Forgive me for saying this as I hate the term, but as fans we are the 'customer' and we know our club well enough to know where we can improve.

Hope this thread helps in some way, thank you to those participating 👍
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:24 - Sep 9 with 3507 viewsboromat

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 19:12 - Sep 9 by rochedale

This is all stuff the club could/should/do do. OP is about what fans can/could/should do.

We can try to influence the club to try new things (like those I mention) directly or through the trust. Being trust members and voting to spend the money on the club.

But the main thing we can do is spend our money and promote the club to our friends, family and colleagues. Bring some of them along to games etc.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:26 - Sep 9 with 3499 views_Windydale

A few more free extras with the family ticket. Throw in snacks and souvenirs. Get the kids pestering the adults to go to the game.

A book that's stamped If you get to 5 games - the next game is free.

Enhance the football experience. Display some facts and statistics on the scoreboard.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:36 - Sep 9 with 3479 viewsrochedale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:24 - Sep 9 by boromat

We can try to influence the club to try new things (like those I mention) directly or through the trust. Being trust members and voting to spend the money on the club.

But the main thing we can do is spend our money and promote the club to our friends, family and colleagues. Bring some of them along to games etc.

Taking my daughter to her first ever game on Saturday, she’ll be getting a shirt and a programme too. Hopefully she’ll tell her mates that she loved it and they’ll get their dads to take them. Reckon there’s more chance if we win though!

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:54 - Sep 9 with 3437 viewsboromat

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:36 - Sep 9 by rochedale

Taking my daughter to her first ever game on Saturday, she’ll be getting a shirt and a programme too. Hopefully she’ll tell her mates that she loved it and they’ll get their dads to take them. Reckon there’s more chance if we win though!

Wins do help! I was brought along to games during the Barrow days though so it's not a must.

Hope she enjoys it.

I've got my dad and younger brother coming to some games this season both got the rewards cards, hoping they get the bug.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:12 - Sep 9 with 3381 viewsjudd

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:54 - Sep 9 by boromat

Wins do help! I was brought along to games during the Barrow days though so it's not a must.

Hope she enjoys it.

I've got my dad and younger brother coming to some games this season both got the rewards cards, hoping they get the bug.

What bug?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:24 - Sep 9 with 3346 viewsjonahwhereru

The demographic make up of the town and those attending games are miles apart. You could say the same about many clubs. But you look at the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Cardiff and they do attract ethnic minority’s in decent numbers. So many clubs struggle to bring in decent numbers of ethnic minorities. Can’t offer a meaningful suggestions on how to improve this, but supports word of mouth and cajoling people to give it a go, which I don’t doubt happens, can only be a positive.
The main effort the supports can make is swinging behind the share issue when circumstances allow it to go forward.
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:25 - Sep 9 with 3345 viewsrochedale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 20:54 - Sep 9 by boromat

Hope she enjoys it.

‘Twas Eddie Gray for me, just as bad an era. A draw v Scarborough. Rarely missed a home game for the next ten years after that, loved it! Curved off a little during late teens due to beer! It’s why I’m leaving it to a similar age with my daughter, rather than force her to go she’s actually asked! Can’t wait to take her and hope she enjoys it. You’re right though, wins aren’t a must, but even as a newby and child, a win win hopefully encourage further attendance.

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:34 - Sep 9 with 3333 viewsboromat

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:12 - Sep 9 by judd

What bug?

I've not got to the denial stage yet

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:43 - Sep 9 with 3312 views_Windydale

Maybe a Dale flash sale on a targeted game.

Money back if we lose! (for ticket buyer of that game only)

Add a bit of edge to the game.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 21:45]
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:08 - Sep 9 with 3263 viewsjudd

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 21:43 - Sep 9 by _Windydale

Maybe a Dale flash sale on a targeted game.

Money back if we lose! (for ticket buyer of that game only)

Add a bit of edge to the game.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 21:45]

Is Tazzy back?

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:10 - Sep 9 with 3254 views_Windydale

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:08 - Sep 9 by judd

Is Tazzy back?

no
Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:22 - Sep 9 with 3217 viewsjudd

Suggestions for increasing the clubs income? on 22:10 - Sep 9 by _Windydale

no

Phew!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024