Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Training Session Day 16:39 - Oct 27 with 8359 viewsboromat

Seems like another great initiative by the club during half term. I really hope it's supported and there's a decent turn out.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/october/opentrainingsession_oct21/

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Open Training Session Day on 18:30 - Oct 27 with 5321 viewsRAFCBLUE

I can't remember the club doing anything this in previous years (they might have done but that could just be my old memory) but what a good opportunity for any young Dale fans to watch a professional team train.

A free entry/half-term event and good of Robbie Stockdale to allow access to the players afterwards for pictures and autographs.

Hopefully it will be a good turnout.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Open Training Session Day on 18:53 - Oct 27 with 5272 viewsHullDale

One thing I don't think this BOD will ever be accused of is not trying new things.

The uptake of them will probably dictate if they are repeated in future, but if we don't try we'll never know.
Open Training Session Day on 11:08 - Oct 28 with 4919 viewsDaleiLama

This wouldn't be a bad crowd for a Tuesday night Pizza trophy game in Jan?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Open Training Session Day on 11:57 - Oct 28 with 4851 viewsSuddenLad

Open Training Session Day on 11:08 - Oct 28 by DaleiLama

This wouldn't be a bad crowd for a Tuesday night Pizza trophy game in Jan?

I called up for my Notts County tickets. There are hundreds here watching the lively training session. Great attendance for such an event.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Open Training Session Day on 13:04 - Oct 28 with 4725 viewskel

Was a fantastic idea by the club and the turnout was far better than that tweet which was at the start. The players were superb with the kids as was the manager and the organisation was superb.

Well done to all involved.
Open Training Session Day on 13:12 - Oct 28 with 4698 viewsDaleiLama

Open Training Session Day on 13:28 - Oct 28 with 4633 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Really good effort!
Open Training Session Day on 13:48 - Oct 28 with 4562 viewsHullDale

I think we'll see a lot more stories over the next few days like this one... this lad will be a fan for life now.

Well done to the club and everybody involved in today... it looks like a great success and its events like today that the Morton House clan, Matt Southall, Alexander Jarvis (and arguable the 5 sell outs) will never understand. A community club, owned by the community.
Login to get fewer ads

Open Training Session Day on 13:48 - Oct 28 with 4562 viewsRAFCBLUE

Open Training Session Day on 13:12 - Oct 28 by DaleiLama

After all the stuff this Summer, this is really what is it all about.

500 turning up for a free half term event, hosted by the club supported by the club's players and staff.

A positive experience offered and taken up. Hopefully some of them will return for a game or two or at the very least know that there is a club on their doorstep which is family orientated and supporter centric.

I'm sure given the take-up the club will probably run these again - the Easter Holidays and the Summer holiday coincide with times where there are home fixtures so good opportunities to repeat the event.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Open Training Session Day on 13:57 - Oct 28 with 4522 viewsDaleiLama

Open Training Session Day on 13:48 - Oct 28 by RAFCBLUE

After all the stuff this Summer, this is really what is it all about.

500 turning up for a free half term event, hosted by the club supported by the club's players and staff.

A positive experience offered and taken up. Hopefully some of them will return for a game or two or at the very least know that there is a club on their doorstep which is family orientated and supporter centric.

I'm sure given the take-up the club will probably run these again - the Easter Holidays and the Summer holiday coincide with times where there are home fixtures so good opportunities to repeat the event.

Couldn't agree more. This is not a "Bury-bashing" comment for the sake of it, but what a stark contrast between the sad images of Gigg Lane posted recently in the link by SL and a COA buzzing with 500 kids cheering on our players and collecting autographs, souvenirs etc.

There but for the grace of God (and a lot of bloody hard work by many behind the scenes) go we. Thanks again to all who contributed to securing the possibility to even host a day like today.

Open Training Session Day on 17:55 - Oct 28 with 4070 viewsboromat

Just seen all the posts on Twitter. Looks to have been a good turnout and a great success lots of younguns getting hooked, that's what we like to see!

Well done all involved looking forward to more new trials. I'm guessing this one could become an annual event.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Open Training Session Day on 19:47 - Oct 28 with 3872 viewsjudd

Open Training Session Day on 17:55 - Oct 28 by boromat

Just seen all the posts on Twitter. Looks to have been a good turnout and a great success lots of younguns getting hooked, that's what we like to see!

Well done all involved looking forward to more new trials. I'm guessing this one could become an annual event.

Isn't that reaction just incredible?

Make it free, don't milk the fans.

Make the players and manager accessible, dont milk the fans.

Invest goodwill in future generations, don't milk the fans.

How good does it feel being around our club nowadays?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Open Training Session Day on 20:04 - Oct 28 with 3797 viewskel

Open Training Session Day on 19:47 - Oct 28 by judd

It’s brilliant and this board of directors make such a refreshing change from the last lot. They are genuine people who care about the fans and the wider community and aren’t afraid to try new things to try to attract new support.

Compare them to Botters and Rawlinson who only did anything that benefitted them personally, sticking two fingers up at the fans as they did so, and Andrew Kilpatrick who was the invisible man whilst going on his Montenegron ‘adventures’. Thank god all three have been popped off and been replaced by hard working gentlemen.

Edit - I know technically Kilpatrick wasn’t popped off but it was probably close to dropping off, hence him leaving for ‘personal reasons’
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 20:07]
Open Training Session Day on 21:13 - Oct 28 with 3650 viewsseasidedale

A really good session, my grandson & daughter really enjoyed it,the player were great and a credit to the club spending time give autograhgs and having photo’s taken, making youngsters day, it did my grandson and granddaughter.
Great initiative and bonding the community, the club deserve success now & in the future
Well done dale
Open Training Session Day on 22:06 - Oct 28 with 3519 viewsdogboy

I remember during the 73-74 season Dale held a meet the players at Tesco still have the autograph sheet of that infamous year. Also took my son to another event many years later when Rickie Lambert signed my sons shirt as he said it was the first time he had seen his name on a fans replica shirt and talked to me about how he nearly gave up football as he was diisillusioned before Rochdale
Open Training Session Day on 22:08 - Oct 28 with 3516 viewsRAFCBLUE

Open Training Session Day on 19:47 - Oct 28 by judd

Remember the fans are why you exist in the first place.

Without them we have no club.

Fans stopped a hostile takeover at any cost.

Fans held the unaccountable accountable. Sunlight was and is the best disinfectant.

Hopefully our players are inspired by over 500 people coming out to watch them train.

Hopefully our young people are inspired by being allowed to see inside what is an inspiring organisation and get hooked like we all are.

Open Training Session Day on 22:18 - Oct 28 with 3488 viewsHullDale

When I was a kid I remember during the school holidays convincing my mate to come with me to watch us train at Bowlee.

It was pissing down, freezing cold, and we rode down on our bikes (a much further distance than I'd anticipated!) to watch the likes of Platt / Jobson / Flickers training under Parkin. They looked confused that we were there, but a few of them made an effort to come and say hello. I remember being transfixed at the time by Platt's bright yellow audi (the proper hairdressers car of the time!)

It was too far to ride back home so my mates mum came and picked us up and rollocked us for being so daft on a day like that, but its a genuinely fond memory of my early dale supporting days. as a kid, an event like today would've blown my mind.... I'd be talking about it non stop at school and pestering non stop to go to the next game!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 22:24]
Open Training Session Day on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 3443 viewsD_Alien

Open Training Session Day on 22:18 - Oct 28 by HullDale

When I was a kid I remember during the school holidays convincing my mate to come with me to watch us train at Bowlee.

It was pissing down, freezing cold, and we rode down on our bikes (a much further distance than I'd anticipated!) to watch the likes of Platt / Jobson / Flickers training under Parkin. They looked confused that we were there, but a few of them made an effort to come and say hello. I remember being transfixed at the time by Platt's bright yellow audi (the proper hairdressers car of the time!)

It was too far to ride back home so my mates mum came and picked us up and rollocked us for being so daft on a day like that, but its a genuinely fond memory of my early dale supporting days. as a kid, an event like today would've blown my mind.... I'd be talking about it non stop at school and pestering non stop to go to the next game!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 22:24]

That's a good story HD, and gives other messageboard users (especially the long-standing ones) an insight into a relatively new poster, which always helps

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Open Training Session Day on 09:32 - Oct 29 with 3031 viewspioneer

Might be worth giving out voucher for free kids ticket when accompanied by a paying adult for a saturday game if they do the training day again.

We need to try and turn this goodwill into increased paying customers.
Open Training Session Day on 11:22 - Oct 29 with 2929 viewskel

One thing I didn’t hear properly was some sort of announcement about the Carlsberg Lounge and FITC right near the end. It was a bit noisy with the kids getting excited but I managed to catch that little bit.

I’ve checked the OS and can’t find anything so did anyone else catch what was said please?
Open Training Session Day on 11:36 - Oct 29 with 2905 viewsseasidedale

The community section (the one Keith Hicks used to run) is taking over the Carl’s berg lounge and are going to use it virtually daily with all sorts of activities, so the lounge would get full use instead of 23 times a season on home games
Open Training Session Day on 11:46 - Oct 29 with 2883 viewskel

Open Training Session Day on 11:36 - Oct 29 by seasidedale

The community section (the one Keith Hicks used to run) is taking over the Carl’s berg lounge and are going to use it virtually daily with all sorts of activities, so the lounge would get full use instead of 23 times a season on home games

Cheers, definitely missed that bit.
Open Training Session Day on 12:43 - Oct 29 with 2741 viewsTomRAFC

Things like this/the mural on the back of the Sandy really help young fans feel a part of something and help grow that bond with the club.

I still have great memories of getting autographs and shovelling snow off the pitch.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Open Training Session Day on 12:48 - Oct 29 with 2724 viewsHullDale

Open Training Session Day on 12:43 - Oct 29 by TomRAFC

Things like this/the mural on the back of the Sandy really help young fans feel a part of something and help grow that bond with the club.

I still have great memories of getting autographs and shovelling snow off the pitch.

that night with the log burners before a saturday match will live long in the memory!
Open Training Session Day on 12:53 - Oct 29 with 2700 viewsD_Alien

Open Training Session Day on 12:43 - Oct 29 by TomRAFC

Which has just reminded me... back in the 60s/70s, it was the Rochdale Observer that used to put the call out for volunteers to help clear the pitch of snow

It'd be delivered about 8am on the Saturday morning and by 10am there'd be about 50 people (of all ages) at the ground, shovelling away

Hell would freeze over before there'd be any chance of that happening now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024