Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread 17:31 - Feb 28 with 12710 viewsHullDale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 10:27 - Mar 2 with 2170 viewsDaleiLama

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 09:47 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure about that when we've recently come from behind v Harrogate, Scunthorpe and Port Vale. 2-0 certainly flattered them and at 1-0 we had at least 3 great chances to not only draw level but win comfortably.

Exactly. Robbie said it very clearly (in his pre-match, I think) - we are too inconsistent. Some of the players make some odd decisions too. The Newby back pass was one of many. There's plenty still to work on and fix. The issues that aren't fixable will no doubt require changes to be made.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 13:37 - Mar 2 with 1828 views49thseason

And another failure to take points off a team in and around the bottom of the table that is prepared to fight and scrap for 90 minutes and yet another poor Tuesday night match result ( P8 D5 L3 W0)

When you end up with Kelly, Grant and Dooley on the pitch at the same time the lack of bite in midfield tackles is all to apparent. Done had the best of the clear-cut opportunities and failed to take advantage, Newby simply isn't any help in midfield and can't tackle to save his life. Lots of pretty tippy tappy again but too little strength and directness. Sometimes in this division we look like boys v men.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 14:44 - Mar 2 with 1717 viewsRotherhamDale

The two goals we conceded were absolutely horrendous

Possession with progression.

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 1493 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I don't think Lynch was entirely to blame for last night's mess up. Yes he spilled the cross but Kelly was guilty of conceding a stupid free kick in the first place.
Add to that the fact that the forwards all managed powderpuff shots when in really good positions it's both ends of the pitch at fault.

Some of our players should be thinking about upping performances as next seasons contracts will be at stake. No BotBot this year .......as someone said on this thread, a sweep out.
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Mar 2 with 1470 views442Dale

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

I don't think Lynch was entirely to blame for last night's mess up. Yes he spilled the cross but Kelly was guilty of conceding a stupid free kick in the first place.
Add to that the fact that the forwards all managed powderpuff shots when in really good positions it's both ends of the pitch at fault.

Some of our players should be thinking about upping performances as next seasons contracts will be at stake. No BotBot this year .......as someone said on this thread, a sweep out.

Done’s efforts were too near the keeper, Grant’s was struck from under his feet - they just weren’t clinical and should have done better.

Two questions:
Which out of contract players, if they up their performances as required, should get a new deal?

What has who is behind the scenes got to do with which players got contracts?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 19:48 - Mar 2 with 1388 viewsTVOS1907

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Done’s efforts were too near the keeper, Grant’s was struck from under his feet - they just weren’t clinical and should have done better.

Two questions:
Which out of contract players, if they up their performances as required, should get a new deal?

Tough questions, I imagine.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 20:00 - Mar 2 with 1331 viewsSandyman

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:54 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Two questions:

Q1: No idea.

Q2: In times gone by, an unsuitable person has been involved in such affairs as YD suggested . I doubt that is the case now a better club management structure is in place.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2022 20:01]
Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 23:05 - Mar 2 with 1106 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 18:44 - Mar 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

It was a very soft free kick. Very little (if any) contact and their player threw himself to the ground. There were quite a few for both teams all night and the officials fell for most of the acting.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 14:24 - Mar 3 with 830 views1907

Carlisle United (a) Match Thread on 23:05 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

It was a very soft free kick. Very little (if any) contact and their player threw himself to the ground. There were quite a few for both teams all night and the officials fell for most of the acting.

Agreed. I felt the awarding of that free kick was very soft. However I definitely hold Lynch fully to blame for the goal. We’ve seen Lynch make the same mistakes now for a number of years and there is absolutely no improvement in him. Yes, he can have decent games like on Saturday, but on the whole he is far too weak, unable to command his area & prone to clangers. Coleman isn’t much better and is also prone to clangers, however I feel he is just about the better of the two.

You really don’t appreciate how important a steady keeper is, until you don’t have one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024