Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment 19:03 - May 4 with 5093 viewsRAFCBLUE

https://altydirect.com/pages/alty-all-the-way

You've got to admire Roger.

Less than a year ago he was preaching to all and sundry about "the law of the land" only to be removed from the Board one month later by 60% of shareholders in a vote where he failed to blindly sell the club to Martin Halsall.

On leaving RAFC he set about a chain of events that will forever live in the memory. Thanks to the Summer 2021 indiscretions of Captain Sabotage, Alexander Jarvis, Roger's dirty fingerprints are all over the attempted failed hostile takeover linked him to Jarvis, Southall and Curran and the testimony of Willbutts Lane's most famous chippy entrepreneur, Fat Pat.

We know that no one likes a grass. Sabotage Jarvis is about as popular as the clap, but his communications devices are still dropping out a gem or two.

Not satisfied with feeding Jarvis, Roger turned up a "consultant" at AFC Fylde, the plaything of David Haythornthwaite preaching to all and sundry "when I was at Rochdale....". Loyal to the core he backed and then sacked Jim Bentley.

AFC Fylde's form plummeted like a stone and they now have a playoff campaign which has been labelled by the Blackpool Gazette as "sh*t or bust"

Roger though is an aspirational social climber with bills to pay. He saw that Altrincham FC have decided to appoint a full time CEO and quicker thank you can say "lose in the playoffs" he's got his best blue suit and tie and is "on the verge".

The attraction of a better club, nearer home (have you seen the scandalous price of fuel?) and a league higher than Haythornthwaite's expensively assembled pub side and real prospects of pushing up the National League have had Roger salivating more than when Fat Pat serves a greasy chip barm to a hungry punter.

How AFC Fylde fans will deal with this impending loss is unknown, but Roger is smugly planning to get himself out of AFC Fylde before Haythornthwaite fires him.

Except the application has been rumbled by #UTDNFS.

Can he ruin three clubs in a year? Calm down Roger, you're dreaming again....

Nurse! Nurse!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 19:07 - May 4 with 5068 viewsDale_4_Life

I have a contact who is very much part of the Altrincham set up. I will make sure we have a little chat and a catch up tomorrow morning. Roger simply cannot be allowed to get his own way.
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 19:35 - May 4 with 4945 viewsjoecooke

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 19:07 - May 4 by Dale_4_Life

I have a contact who is very much part of the Altrincham set up. I will make sure we have a little chat and a catch up tomorrow morning. Roger simply cannot be allowed to get his own way.

I know a couple of people who are very much respected at Alty and i will make a point of wording them about this.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 19:54 - May 4 with 4884 viewsjudd

FC Satan - welcome to hell.

Poll: What is it to be then?

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 22:57 - May 4 with 4582 viewsBazzanne

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 19:54 - May 4 by judd

FC Satan - welcome to hell.

I think dementia has set in, who is Roger?
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 23:13 - May 4 with 4534 viewsYorkshire_Dale

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 22:57 - May 4 by Bazzanne

I think dementia has set in, who is Roger?

He goes by the name of BotBot in my posts........Roger is his middle name.

Good to see our lads are on the case....AGAIN!
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 03:42 - May 5 with 4352 viewsBazzanne

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 23:13 - May 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

He goes by the name of BotBot in my posts........Roger is his middle name.

Good to see our lads are on the case....AGAIN!

Thanks, I have been struggling to think of a Roger. I thought it might be botbot but wasn't sure.
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 09:19 - May 5 with 4075 viewsDaleiLama

The Robins are going to need more than Batman if that Joker gets anywhere near Alty.

Don't do it! No one's that desperate!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:05 - May 5 with 4013 viewsBigKindo

In recent years wasn't there an Altrincham branch of the Dale supporters club? Do we still have contact with anyone? Perhaps they would be interested?
Login to get fewer ads

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:41 - May 5 with 3930 viewsYorkshire_Dale

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:05 - May 5 by BigKindo

In recent years wasn't there an Altrincham branch of the Dale supporters club? Do we still have contact with anyone? Perhaps they would be interested?

You are right BK.....I think it's Alty Dale (?)......and obviously know his patch well, especially pubs etc.....
Not a frequent post of late.
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:47 - May 5 with 3923 viewsDaleiLama

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:05 - May 5 by BigKindo

If memory serves there is s SMAC (S Manc and Cheshire) poster and branch/group of Daleys. Was contemplating joining them but moved out if that area.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 22:18 - May 5 with 3294 viewsR17ALE

Is there any chance we can get him in at Stockport?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 10:57 - May 6 with 2839 viewsHebdale

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 22:18 - May 5 by R17ALE

I am sure we could if he uses his real name of "Jack Dawkins"
AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 11:03 - May 6 with 2819 viewskel

AFC FYLDE / Roger "on the verge" of Altrincham CEO appointment on 22:18 - May 5 by R17ALE

That Nick Madden bloke on Twitter would love that given how far up Roger’s arse he is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024