Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread 10:17 - Sep 15 with 26176 viewsHullDale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 11:37 - Sep 18 with 2790 viewsbluevein64

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 20:58 - Sep 17 by TalkingSutty

I don’t know what it is but i’ve had a feeling that for the last few years we have had players at the club who are going through the motions, picking up their wages and not really bothered whether they win or lose. There have been too many games that have thrown up questions regarding the intensity of performance for me, at a time when players should be busting a gut to take a throw in or launch the ball up field in the 95th minute the lack of urgency and desire has been really noticeable. I don’t know whether it’s a fall out from lockdown or a feeling that winning games isn’t the number one priority. If we can’t win games then the club will implode, it’s as simple as that, nobody wants to be associated with a team that is losing nearly every week. You keep backing them and willing them to come up trumps, thinking the next game will be the turning point but it never is, on the pitch the players never progress and the results back that up. It can’t always be the managers fault.

How many winners do we have in that squad? How many players do we have who show that desire and are really hurting at the moment? It looks like a squad of players who don’t really give a shit, a group of players who accept defeat with ease and that reputation is now one that’s been identified by every team that we play. They lose the ball and can’t even be arsed running back, they pass the ball and stand still, some even think they can take the piss out of their own fans. Some are struggling to even last for sixty minutes of a game and don’t have the fitness levels to compete with their opponent and close them down, they aren’t fit. It’s not just the fans who see this, Calvin Andrew was on commentary today and to say he was unimpressed would be a understatement.

It’s like a lot of these players are somehow on the side of Bottomley and those that tried to kill our club, they’ll kill Bentley and his assistant too if he’s not careful because they can’t be trusted, they display no backbone whatsoever and it’s terrible to see. Who are the leaders in the team who grab hold of their teammates and pin them up in the changing room at half time and demand more effort? ...i bet we don’t have one of those, they’re all best mates together.

The only fighters we have in this club are those in the Boardroom, the fans and the staff, if the players showed the same sort of desire we would be up near the top of the league but instead they roll up to have their bellies tickled every week by the opposition, the complete opposite of the fans who have just fought tooth and nail to save the club. They’ll get Jim the sack this lot and then they’ll take us out of the EFL in the process, most of them are in their comfort zone and are experts at talking a good job and delivering next to nothing, results tell you that. I don’t believe that they are lacking in talent, just passion, fight and a winning mentality. They could prove everybody wrong and decide to go to war for the club and Jim Bentley but i bet they don’t.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 21:17]

Well said Sutty, not one word out of place, a post stright from the heart !
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 11:40 - Sep 18 with 2776 viewsDale_4_Life

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Sep 17 by Plattyswrinklynuts

In a sensitive way? Seriously?? In our position??? If I was as bad at my job I’d be out on my arse, with no sensitivity whatsoever. Time for a massive rollicking, some of those so called “senior pros” are frankly a bad joke while picking up wages most of us in here would walk over broken glass to collect.

Not in Dales bars we wouldn't
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 11:48 - Sep 18 with 2756 viewsfourfourtwo

I don’t know about anybody else but I was extremely disappointed with Quigley’s performance again yesterday. Out fought, out muscled, very lacklustre.
Ball & Diagouraga both need removing from the side for me. I think now would be a reasonable time to play Keohane in a defensive midfield role and reintroduce Seriki at RB, but warn him about his meandering runs forward that almost always end in him being tackled and countered.
Malley absolutely has to start the next game & hopefully we can find a way for Quigley and Rodney to play as a front two as they looked really effective against Carlisle.
I suppose the only other thing is to pray that some of these centre half’s miraculously recover over the coming days or god only knows who’s going to play there Tuesday, Saturday.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:30 - Sep 18 with 2640 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 11:48 - Sep 18 by fourfourtwo

I don’t know about anybody else but I was extremely disappointed with Quigley’s performance again yesterday. Out fought, out muscled, very lacklustre.
Ball & Diagouraga both need removing from the side for me. I think now would be a reasonable time to play Keohane in a defensive midfield role and reintroduce Seriki at RB, but warn him about his meandering runs forward that almost always end in him being tackled and countered.
Malley absolutely has to start the next game & hopefully we can find a way for Quigley and Rodney to play as a front two as they looked really effective against Carlisle.
I suppose the only other thing is to pray that some of these centre half’s miraculously recover over the coming days or god only knows who’s going to play there Tuesday, Saturday.

I know we’ve had disagreements in the past and quite sure you dislike me but I can’t argue with most of that. I’m hoping the Quigley issue is just match sharpness but we need to give him some service and we’re just not.

The only thing I don’t want to see is Keohane in a DM role as you suggest. I think he’s better further forward than many give him credit for but it’s where he fits in that’s the issue.

I’m leaning towards thinking there is a dressing room issue and I reckon most of us could guess at least one player that may be causing it. I may be wrong but the body language yesterday said a lot.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:44 - Sep 18 with 2611 views442Dale

Watch all three goals. There’s a common denominator in each one.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:49 - Sep 18 with 2592 viewsHullDale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:30 - Sep 18 by kel

I know we’ve had disagreements in the past and quite sure you dislike me but I can’t argue with most of that. I’m hoping the Quigley issue is just match sharpness but we need to give him some service and we’re just not.

The only thing I don’t want to see is Keohane in a DM role as you suggest. I think he’s better further forward than many give him credit for but it’s where he fits in that’s the issue.

I’m leaning towards thinking there is a dressing room issue and I reckon most of us could guess at least one player that may be causing it. I may be wrong but the body language yesterday said a lot.

I agree on the dressing room issue.

Over the Summer when it was rumoured that Kelly's agent was touting him about, it appeared all over social media at the same time that he was on holiday with Ball. At times last season it felt like there was a dressing room clique consisting of Kelly / O'Keeffe / Newby and latterly Ball too - there were times on the pitch where they would try and find each other instead of a better / easier option. It felt like a 'boys club' and didn't sit right.

If Kelly did want out, you can imagine right now he'll be a bit miffed. If him & Ball are close, its not a massive leap to dressing room unrest - especially if they had it easier under Stockdale and are now being worked a lot harder & don't like it.

Luckily I think we now have a stronger manager who won't stand for it. None of the players are doing us a favour by being here, its a job, and nobody is bigger than the club.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:56 - Sep 18 with 2571 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:44 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Watch all three goals. There’s a common denominator in each one.

Yep. It was pointed out about goals 1+3 to me last night but the build up to the penalty award shows it too. I’d imagine JB already knew about it in his interview when he mentioned post match analysis. It’s plain for all to see.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:58 - Sep 18 with 2565 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:49 - Sep 18 by HullDale

I agree on the dressing room issue.

Over the Summer when it was rumoured that Kelly's agent was touting him about, it appeared all over social media at the same time that he was on holiday with Ball. At times last season it felt like there was a dressing room clique consisting of Kelly / O'Keeffe / Newby and latterly Ball too - there were times on the pitch where they would try and find each other instead of a better / easier option. It felt like a 'boys club' and didn't sit right.

If Kelly did want out, you can imagine right now he'll be a bit miffed. If him & Ball are close, its not a massive leap to dressing room unrest - especially if they had it easier under Stockdale and are now being worked a lot harder & don't like it.

Luckily I think we now have a stronger manager who won't stand for it. None of the players are doing us a favour by being here, its a job, and nobody is bigger than the club.

Yeah but the jet2 story was hilarious and full of bants.
Login to get fewer ads

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 13:42 - Sep 18 with 2465 viewsJames1980

What was the thinking behind getting the jet setter to do the pre match interview I wonder. If it was to make him feel more invested in the club he plays for, the effort yesterday would suggest that it didn't work.

What sort of player was he at Solihull. Be interested to know if their fans are surprised at how he has performed in League 2.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 13:51 - Sep 18 with 2448 viewsfourfourtwo

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 12:30 - Sep 18 by kel

More than happy to let bygones be bygones.

I’m not a bitter or resentful person by any stretch. Only ever want what’s best for the club.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 13:53]
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 18 with 2412 views442Dale

Can’t believe people didn’t listen about unnecessary kit changes as well.

Did try to say what would happen.

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:10 - Sep 18 with 2369 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Can’t believe people didn’t listen about unnecessary kit changes as well.

Did try to say what would happen.

I saw a photo of a dodgy kit clash yesterday but forgot to mention it. I’m going to look for it now.

Edit - see if this works. Look at the keeper top. Disgusting

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02CZM8Gsz4pAQfiv6FnzYiGKuSyBvpq
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 14:14]
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:29 - Sep 18 with 2332 views442Dale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:10 - Sep 18 by kel

I saw a photo of a dodgy kit clash yesterday but forgot to mention it. I’m going to look for it now.

Edit - see if this works. Look at the keeper top. Disgusting

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02CZM8Gsz4pAQfiv6FnzYiGKuSyBvpq
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 14:14]

Vile.

If anything it’s this sort of thing that makes our current league position pale into insignificance.

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:52 - Sep 18 with 2264 viewsBucketBstard

Now it is getting desperate already , we not even in October.
Nice Guy Robbie , has shafted us with some of the worse players ever assembled.
I cant get where people say this group of players are not that bad.
They are ! they are fecking rubbish. And fans asking when EEL and John are back, these two are just as bad!
Nelson is certainly not the answer, he plays like a 4 year old.
But the even bigger worry is that Bentley obviously has some bum chums in the team.
Why else would Diarrhea and Quigley stay on the pitch or even start. He knows them both. So I think we have got ourselves another stupid manager who will pick his mates and jeapodize his job.
Its going to be a long run to January, then I fear Bentley will bring in more Non League S"ite like Quigley and Diarrhea.
Mark my words if the Dale get relegated you can kiss goodbye to our club. All the hard work the fans have done to keep us safe will mean nothing .
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:56 - Sep 18 with 2247 views442Dale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:52 - Sep 18 by BucketBstard

They are ! they are fecking rubbish. And fans asking when EEL and John are back, these two are just as bad!
But the even bigger worry is that Bentley obviously has some bum chums in the team.
Why else would Diarrhea and Quigley stay on the pitch or even start. He knows them both. So I think we have got ourselves another stupid manager who will pick his mates and jeapodize his job.
Its going to be a long run to January, then I fear Bentley will bring in more Non League S"ite like Quigley and Diarrhea.
Mark my words if the Dale get relegated you can kiss goodbye to our club. All the hard work the fans have done to keep us safe will mean nothing .

How does he know Diagouraga?

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 16:27 - Sep 18 with 2086 viewsJames1980

I'm pretty sure Stockdale didn't purposely set out to hinder the clubs progress or indeed scuttle the good ship Rochdale so she would sink into non league. His signings may prove to be the end of over 100 years in the football league, I damn well hope not, but, I'm sure he didn't set out to 'shaft us'

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 16:34 - Sep 18 with 2074 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 14:52 - Sep 18 by BucketBstard

Nelson has just been called-up by England U19s.

As previously explained, Diagouraga (let's at least be grown up and use their proper names, shall we?) signed for Morecambe three months after Bentley left there.

Anyway, I thought you'd be more bothered with another bad result for West Ham...
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 16:40]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:03 - Sep 18 with 1711 viewsD_Dale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 10:25 - Sep 18 by 442Dale

Exactly. And he wasn’t, he was always a valued member of the squad. Even when his ability on the pitch dipped.

That lengthy suspension - for reasons never explained to the fans - didn't help.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Sep 18 with 1701 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:03 - Sep 18 by D_Dale

That lengthy suspension - for reasons never explained to the fans - didn't help.

Didn't you see the widely shared video?

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:12 - Sep 18 with 1690 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

The true fans did.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 18 with 1574 viewsR17ALE

Whoever made the decision we should play in all black needs certifying!

With their Main Stand casting a large shadow over 30% of the other side, you simply couldn't see our players even with cupping your eyes.

We usually play in blue. Northampton play in Maroon. Who decided to play in black?

We'd still have lost though.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:42 - Sep 18 with 1541 viewspioneer

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 18 by R17ALE

Whoever made the decision we should play in all black needs certifying!

With their Main Stand casting a large shadow over 30% of the other side, you simply couldn't see our players even with cupping your eyes.

We usually play in blue. Northampton play in Maroon. Who decided to play in black?

We'd still have lost though.

I thought all teams were supposed to play in black this weekend as a mark of respect.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:48 - Sep 18 with 1530 viewsD_Dale

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 21:09 - Sep 18 by TVOS1907

While it's flattering to receive within ten minutes two retorts on a Sunday evening - one from the usually all-knowing TVOS, the other from someone posting as 'kel' - I'd have been even more impressed to learn why the normally level-headed Calvin received a 12-match ban for violent conduct in the Dale vs Oldham match of 29 October 2016.

Six seasons on, it seems still to remain a case that the place of fans (true or otherwise) is too often in the dark.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 23:14 - Sep 18 with 1480 viewskel

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:48 - Sep 18 by D_Dale

While it's flattering to receive within ten minutes two retorts on a Sunday evening - one from the usually all-knowing TVOS, the other from someone posting as 'kel' - I'd have been even more impressed to learn why the normally level-headed Calvin received a 12-match ban for violent conduct in the Dale vs Oldham match of 29 October 2016.

Six seasons on, it seems still to remain a case that the place of fans (true or otherwise) is too often in the dark.

The “someone posting as kel” is Kelvin Finan ie. me.

You stick to slating fans for not attending a game during a cost of living crisis, there’s a good lad.
Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 23:20 - Sep 18 with 1473 viewsTVOS1907

Northampton Town (a) Match Thread on 22:48 - Sep 18 by D_Dale

A video of what happened was widely shared online at the time. It can probably be found somewhere if you search for it.

I don't think anyone was kept in the dark (apart from our players under the shadow of the Main Stand at Northampton yesterday), especially as it was all part of a legal process.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 23:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024