Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing - Kyle Ferguson 17:08 - Jun 23 with 3562 viewsBainesy15

2 year deal. Graham not signing then? Someone else off?
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 18:03 - Jun 23 with 3362 views49thseason

23 years old, 6'5" decent pedigree, its hard to see why Harrogate let him go. It would be a bonus if he is left footed. I wonder if we might get an offer for Taylor? If he is a replacement for Graham, it looks like a decent swap. Not a position I thought we needed, fingers crossed we sign a couple of forwards and a left back next.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 18:13 - Jun 23 with 3316 viewsNorthernDale

If anything, he may be a replacement for Mullarkey, hopefully the club will hold onto Taylor and get Graham to sign, because we need at least 4 central defenders.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 23:08 - Jun 23 with 2783 viewsBrierls

I like this signing. I wanted us to sign him in the summer after he impressed at Alty.

Maybe I’m old fashioned but signing a 6’5” centre half can’t harm our set piece weakness, can it?
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 05:58 - Jun 24 with 2613 viewsrkershaw

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 23:08 - Jun 23 by Brierls

I like this signing. I wanted us to sign him in the summer after he impressed at Alty.

Maybe I’m old fashioned but signing a 6’5” centre half can’t harm our set piece weakness, can it?

Shock horror....A defender who likes to defend.....not too bothered that he has the ability to play it out on the floor.....let's see a defender doing his primary job which is keeping his goal intact...if this kid is a throw back in terms of what a defender should represent then he'll do for me !! ;)
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 10:35 - Jun 24 with 2352 viewsDrigdale

I think this is a good signing. I remember him when we lost 4-1 at home to Harrogate and he had a very solid game. Nothing wrong with having a 6ft 5in centre back who likes to defend.
By the way does anyone know who apart from McNulty makes the decisions about our signings?. He keeps mentioning in his interviews that it is a collaborative decision.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:00 - Jun 24 with 2299 viewsNorthernDale

Is also the consultants and the board.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:14 - Jun 24 with 2256 viewsA_Newby

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 10:35 - Jun 24 by Drigdale

I think this is a good signing. I remember him when we lost 4-1 at home to Harrogate and he had a very solid game. Nothing wrong with having a 6ft 5in centre back who likes to defend.
By the way does anyone know who apart from McNulty makes the decisions about our signings?. He keeps mentioning in his interviews that it is a collaborative decision.

Consultants MRKT and the board have a big say. MRKT look at the football data on the player with regards to tackles won, passes completed, distance run etc.

Liverpool have a similar system with Klopp, the CEO and their data man (I can't remember his name) but all three have to say yes to a signing for it to go ahead. The sports data man can overrule Klopp about a signing!

There is film called moneyball about how such a system was applied to baseball in the USA.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:18 - Jun 24 with 2247 viewsEllDale

This is the sort of data that our former American board members were going to make available.
Moneyball was popularised in the US by the success of the Oakland Raiders.
I’m told that Brentford use something very similar and it hasn’t done them any harm!
Login to get fewer ads

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:23 - Jun 24 with 2235 viewspioneer

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:14 - Jun 24 by A_Newby

Consultants MRKT and the board have a big say. MRKT look at the football data on the player with regards to tackles won, passes completed, distance run etc.

Liverpool have a similar system with Klopp, the CEO and their data man (I can't remember his name) but all three have to say yes to a signing for it to go ahead. The sports data man can overrule Klopp about a signing!

There is film called moneyball about how such a system was applied to baseball in the USA.

…and the team who developed the approach won nothing.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 14:31 - Jun 24 with 2010 viewsrichfoad32

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 11:23 - Jun 24 by pioneer

…and the team who developed the approach won nothing.

Slightly harsh. Oakland are one of the smallest markets in baseball and way behind the big guns when it comes to payroll, that they ultimately fell just short of winning it all shouldn't really diminish their achievement of staying competitive year after year when they really had no right to do so.
Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 16:51 - Jun 24 with 1825 views1949er

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 18:03 - Jun 23 by 49thseason

23 years old, 6'5" decent pedigree, its hard to see why Harrogate let him go. It would be a bonus if he is left footed. I wonder if we might get an offer for Taylor? If he is a replacement for Graham, it looks like a decent swap. Not a position I thought we needed, fingers crossed we sign a couple of forwards and a left back next.

Never thought we would sign a Ferguson

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 17:39 - Jun 24 with 1708 viewsSuddenLad

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 16:51 - Jun 24 by 1949er

Never thought we would sign a Ferguson

We had full back Charlie Ferguson in the late 1950's.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Signing - Kyle Ferguson on 17:57 - Jun 24 with 1676 viewsEllDale

Mike Ferguson in more recent times.
Player and manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024