Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart 10:00 - Jul 5 with 7493 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart 5th Jul 2023 09:59
A hugely busy summer of squad rebuilding continues for Dale as winger Abraham Odoh looks set to depart Spotland to join Harrogate Town. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 01:04 - Jul 6 with 1826 viewsSandyman

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:49 - Jul 5 by NigelWatson

Very luck to get an EFL gig: he must have a brilliant agent!

He must have. Very luck of him.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 05:11 - Jul 6 with 1758 viewsTrev

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 00:53 - Jul 6 by Shun

I’m actually willing to give Ball another shot, on the basis that he knows this league and by all accounts did well in it. As disastrous as he was last season, I think a lot of people forget that he did really impress when he first arrived.

John can go. Campbell I’d completely forgotten about until this thread. I assume he’s left the club seeing as he isn’t on any photos, though I still think he could do alright at this level.

If Ball stays I hope people can give him a second chance. The abuse has got personal with him and it's all a bit sad.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 06:22 - Jul 6 with 1711 viewsfrenzied

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 01:04 - Jul 6 by Sandyman

He must have. Very luck of him.

i think hes capable of playing in league 2.

Sometimes played as if he had 50p pieces on his feet rather than footy boots.

Lacked confidence in front of goal but may do well at Harrogate with a more positive approach and better players around him
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 09:42 - Jul 6 with 1519 viewsDareToCalvin

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 05:11 - Jul 6 by Trev

If Ball stays I hope people can give him a second chance. The abuse has got personal with him and it's all a bit sad.

Completely agree; it all got a bit embarrassing to be honest and I felt uncomfortable watching some of the abuse. Time for a complete reset; if he wants to stay then fair play and we should absolutely give him another chance if he wants to prove himself. Him and Campbell have done well at this level so if they want to stay we should welcome them back; if not, then time for them to move on.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:01 - Jul 6 with 1493 viewsDaleiLama

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 05:11 - Jul 6 by Trev

When he first came to Spotland I had a lot of time for him, but it didn't last. I didn't abuse him, but the bottom line is he's a professional footballer and is paid to do a job. His body language and digs back at fans was totally uncalled for - let your football do the talking. I repeat, he's a professional footballer and is paid to do a job. If he does that, I'm certain his critics will be silenced (me included).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:40 - Jul 6 with 1405 views49thseason

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:01 - Jul 6 by DaleiLama

When he first came to Spotland I had a lot of time for him, but it didn't last. I didn't abuse him, but the bottom line is he's a professional footballer and is paid to do a job. His body language and digs back at fans was totally uncalled for - let your football do the talking. I repeat, he's a professional footballer and is paid to do a job. If he does that, I'm certain his critics will be silenced (me included).

I thought Ball would be OK watching his first few games, then iirc he was out of the team for a while and came back seeming less engaged and rather uninvolved. Maybe there was something going on behind the scenes. I also think he isnt a defensive midfielder despite his height, he looks more comfortable playing in a more advanced role, scoring the occasional goal. I suspect he is a frustrated forward being being cast as a midfielder. He needs to sort his head out and McNulty needs to figure out where he fits in the system.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 11:34 - Jul 6 with 1314 viewssurb_dale

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:40 - Jul 6 by 49thseason

I thought Ball would be OK watching his first few games, then iirc he was out of the team for a while and came back seeming less engaged and rather uninvolved. Maybe there was something going on behind the scenes. I also think he isnt a defensive midfielder despite his height, he looks more comfortable playing in a more advanced role, scoring the occasional goal. I suspect he is a frustrated forward being being cast as a midfielder. He needs to sort his head out and McNulty needs to figure out where he fits in the system.

If Ball can sort his attitude out and get proper match fit he could still turn out to be an asset for us this coming season. Maybe not as a regular starter though. His main strength seems to be ability to weigh in with goals from midfield so played as an attacking midfielder with one or two more mobile midfielders behind/along side him could play to his strengths.

Hoping Gilmour and Cody Johnson can provide that. Last season Ball was mainly played alongside Diagouraga. Having two cardboard cut-outs in midfield could have provided more mobility than those two.
Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:37 - Jul 6 with 1074 viewsAtThePeake

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 10:01 - Jul 6 by DaleiLama

Exactly. If he performs, people will stop with the stick and people will get behind him. Unfortunately, based on how he played last season I really don't see him performing and think a move would suit both player and club.

If he's here and wearing a Dale shirt and giving 100% then I'll support him but from the position he was in at the end of last season I think that's really unlikely.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:38 - Jul 6 with 1072 viewsAtThePeake

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 11:34 - Jul 6 by surb_dale

If Ball can sort his attitude out and get proper match fit he could still turn out to be an asset for us this coming season. Maybe not as a regular starter though. His main strength seems to be ability to weigh in with goals from midfield so played as an attacking midfielder with one or two more mobile midfielders behind/along side him could play to his strengths.

Hoping Gilmour and Cody Johnson can provide that. Last season Ball was mainly played alongside Diagouraga. Having two cardboard cut-outs in midfield could have provided more mobility than those two.

Reading up on GIlmour, it seems he's more of an attacking midfielder than a central midfielder himself.

Tangled up in blue.

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 09:37 - Jul 7 with 834 viewsBainesy15

Abraham Odoh Set To Depart on 20:38 - Jul 6 by AtThePeake

Reading up on GIlmour, it seems he's more of an attacking midfielder than a central midfielder himself.

I thought Halifax fans had said he came into his own in a CDM role last season?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024