Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM 18:35 - Jul 24 with 102198 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/notice-of-egm/
EGM on 11:57 - Aug 10 with 2229 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 11:43 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Ta ATP. I am aware of the share scheme. Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, but I have the distinct impression that funds are needed fairly soon. In which case should the Trust have a "recruitment drive" to increase the amounts subscribed" ?

It would require a wider plan than just fundraising

The question: how much do we, as fans, want a club to support, and under what conditions?

Incidentally, £352500 would buy 150000 shares

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM on 12:01 - Aug 10 with 2211 viewsBluebottle

EGM on 10:52 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Time to address the elephant in the room. That is, if we are to remain a fan owned club, then,without the advantage of a wealthy benefactor, we fans are going to have to dig deep into our pockets.

Many fans (including, I presume, those who voted in favour of last night's motion) aren't happy with the loan proposal by SG and RK. That being the case, we need, for example, 1000 fans who are willing and able to donate (give) £350 each. The more fans the merrier since this will reduce the amount of the donation.

Should the Trust be asked to set up a "fighting fund"? Money so raised to be used to purchase shares so that we "see" some benefit.

Sure I read somewhere that £200k will be required if the Community Ownership Fund application goes ahead. Unsure what the timescale for this is, but we could be needing to raise over half a million quid in fairly short order

The problem is that without increasing income significantly from elsewhere £350,000 is just a sticking plaster, and £350 donations would have to be a regular thing. Something that we just don't have the fanbase to support.
Other clubs have tried this and found as we did with the share issues that initial interest is high but nose dives in subsequent seasons as fans just don't have the disposable income to keep giving.
I would love if we were to be a truly fan owned club in future years but I just don't see how it is going to happen given our fan base, it's just not sustainable at this level.
EGM on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 2152 viewselectricblue

EGM on 10:41 - Aug 10 by NorthernDale

I agree the loan is important in ensuring we do not have any cash flow issues, so I would accept the loan from SG & RK is a sign of good will, when they could have said, Bug*er it and walked away. My concern is how the club as been run and I accept that restoring the lottery in house, will increase revenue and this may be the case, if the go back to the door collections. Also did someone suggest the idea of converting an internal part of the arena into a gym, which would generate income. We are in the words of SG, 'asset rich, cash poor', so unlike some teams, we have assets. A good run in the league and the FA cup will hopefully generate further income, in that attracting football may attract more fans to the Dale.

In respect to the EFL payments, I am sure they are not paid before the season commences and I agree, we need to sit down and plan for not only for this season, but also for the next few seasons. This planning would need to include the fans participation via the trust.

It isnt cheap opening a gym..
A friend of ours is a qualified gym instructor and a personal trainer and he looked into it himself....
Cost was in excess of £60k for equipment from another gym that went bust in 2021 6mths after opening....
He also does Jujitsu training and MMA training classes and his girlfriend is a qualified yoga instructor aswell...
They also courses to train young children..

It is possible but requires outlay....

[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 13:17]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

EGM on 12:15 - Aug 10 with 2144 viewstony_roch975

EGM on 10:52 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Time to address the elephant in the room. That is, if we are to remain a fan owned club, then,without the advantage of a wealthy benefactor, we fans are going to have to dig deep into our pockets.

Many fans (including, I presume, those who voted in favour of last night's motion) aren't happy with the loan proposal by SG and RK. That being the case, we need, for example, 1000 fans who are willing and able to donate (give) £350 each. The more fans the merrier since this will reduce the amount of the donation.

Should the Trust be asked to set up a "fighting fund"? Money so raised to be used to purchase shares so that we "see" some benefit.

Sure I read somewhere that £200k will be required if the Community Ownership Fund application goes ahead. Unsure what the timescale for this is, but we could be needing to raise over half a million quid in fairly short order

Spot on.
I think the figure is more like £1000 from every SC holder... every season (we'll need an extra £2M annually after next year to operate at our current level)
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 12:17]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

EGM on 12:15 - Aug 10 with 2141 viewskel

EGM on 10:09 - Aug 10 by dawlishdale

The Bowlee money was spent years ago on upgrading the floodlights. It was when Colin Garlick was still at the club.
The Trust balloted members who voted almost unanimously to spend it in that way.

Bottom line now is that we are skint, and but for the gesture by SG & RK, we could very well not be able to complete this season. This will give us some breathing space until a suitable buyer can be found.

I wish the idiots on FB would give their heads a wobble or at least come up with a viable alternative.

Well said! I don’t read the Facebook groups because the illiteracy and lack of brain cells makes me want to pour bleach into my eyes.

Some of the twitter lot struggle to see why this all means (one dimwit in particular) and they really should try to read up on it before making stupid/incorrect comments that the younger fans will latch on to (which some already have). When they are asked to offer an alternative option they suddenly lose their voices.
EGM on 12:20 - Aug 10 with 2118 viewstony_roch975

EGM on 11:57 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

It would require a wider plan than just fundraising

The question: how much do we, as fans, want a club to support, and under what conditions?

Incidentally, £352500 would buy 150000 shares

but aren't the available shares an 'attraction' for a potential investor?

EGM on 12:40 - Aug 10 with 2011 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 12:20 - Aug 10 by tony_roch975

One would hope so...

EGM on 13:10 - Aug 10 with 1868 viewsDaleFan7

EGM on 12:20 - Aug 10 by tony_roch975

It depends really. If a potential investor doesn't value the shares at what they're being sold for then they aren't an attraction. They were valued at a time we were a FL club.

The difference with the shares already bought up is that people are free to sell them for whatever they want and might take a discount on the 'value' they bought them for just to get rid of them.
Login to get fewer ads

EGM on 13:26 - Aug 10 with 1820 viewstony_roch975

EGM on 13:10 - Aug 10 by DaleFan7

It depends really. If a potential investor doesn't value the shares at what they're being sold for then they aren't an attraction. They were valued at a time we were a FL club.

The difference with the shares already bought up is that people are free to sell them for whatever they want and might take a discount on the 'value' they bought them for just to get rid of them.

and selling existing shares doesn't help the Club, which is why we need an investor to buy the new shares? So existing shareholders buying them might 'solve' the immediate cash flow problem but it would would defeat the object of attracting a long term investor?

EGM on 13:41 - Aug 10 with 1775 viewselectricblue

Asking trust members, shareholders if they can help to secure the future requires changes, the changes are at board level.....

That is a major stumbling block....

Didnt SG said the approached RMBC and they said no, I wonder if that is down to government cuts...

Alty have set the precident now with 20 investors and can the Dale Trust and the BoD do the same and attract the same level of committent...

I like to think so.....

Is it possible to sell the shares to blocks to simllar people like altringham....
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 17:35]

EGM on 13:50 - Aug 10 with 1741 viewsDale69er

EGM on 13:41 - Aug 10 by electricblue

Asking trust members, shareholders if they can help to secure the future requires changes, the changes are at board level.....

Didnt SG said the approached RMBC and they said no, I wonder if that is down to government cuts...

Alty have set the precident now with 20 investors and can the Dale Trust and the BoD do the same and attract the same level of committent...

I like to think so.....

Is it possible to sell the shares to blocks to simllar people like altringham....

Isn't it Alty?
EGM on 14:01 - Aug 10 with 1695 viewsSuddenLad

It was mentioned last night that if Steven Humphrys plays 2 more games for Wigan, it triggers a transfer clause and we are due a windfall. No sum mentioned.

Cue transfer or loan for Humphrys.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EGM on 14:06 - Aug 10 with 1675 viewsAtThePeake

EGM on 11:43 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Ta ATP. I am aware of the share scheme. Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, but I have the distinct impression that funds are needed fairly soon. In which case should the Trust have a "recruitment drive" to increase the amounts subscribed" ?

Would agree, suspect a few will have forgotten about the share scheme by now.

Tangled up in blue.

EGM on 14:09 - Aug 10 with 1663 viewsNorthernDale

I hope Wigan give Humphreys a chance and play for at least the next five games.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:09]
EGM on 14:18 - Aug 10 with 1630 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 13:41 - Aug 10 by electricblue

I like to think so.....

I'm very sceptical when Simon Gauge says he's approached anybody at RMBC. Saying he has approached them can mean a variety of things. Did he approach them in a professional manner in conjuction with the Trust/ Trust Director, the community Trust, Hornets and did he show them a vision that he had going forward for a real community club that the Town could be proud of? If that did happen then it's been kept under wraps. Of course that would probably entail keeping hold of their shares and working.in partnership on a long term plan to keep both sporting codes sustainable in the Town. With no need to sell the club to outside investors and all the risks associated with that. In other words it would mean that there would have to be a plan in place to roll up their sleeves and work as a collective. We know there is no plan at all.

I don't believe that RMBC are even aware that we are on the brink of losing the football club, i don't even believe the local media have been briefed as to how serious this situation is. There seems to be a need to keep this situation in house and it probably detracts from the likes of RMBC or others offering to come on board and help. They might not buy peoples shares but they could invest money in other ways.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:21]
EGM on 14:31 - Aug 10 with 1604 viewsYouTubeDale

EGM on 11:22 - Aug 10 by AtThePeake

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/08/trust-launches-monthly-share-scheme/

I mentioned that we should set up such a scheme last night. It is NOT an answer to the big picture of requiring a large cash injection but it would add to the much needed income streams in the background. The Trust is welcoming any donation which is good idea. I suggested £15 per month which totals £180 per year. If you had 200 people donate this amount the club would receive, via the Trust, £36000 per annum. Although not a huge sum, I am sure it would help the club.
This scheme needs to be advertised/promoted as much as possible...even getting the manager and players to mention it now and again in their interviews..."giving it a plug".

Feedback: I did fill out the online form and it took me to PayPal but it did not allow me to input my password. Is there a glitch?

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

EGM on 14:40 - Aug 10 with 1574 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 14:31 - Aug 10 by YouTubeDale

I mentioned that we should set up such a scheme last night. It is NOT an answer to the big picture of requiring a large cash injection but it would add to the much needed income streams in the background. The Trust is welcoming any donation which is good idea. I suggested £15 per month which totals £180 per year. If you had 200 people donate this amount the club would receive, via the Trust, £36000 per annum. Although not a huge sum, I am sure it would help the club.
This scheme needs to be advertised/promoted as much as possible...even getting the manager and players to mention it now and again in their interviews..."giving it a plug".

Feedback: I did fill out the online form and it took me to PayPal but it did not allow me to input my password. Is there a glitch?

All ideas are great but £36k/ year probably equates to what the club loses nearly every week of the year. We are probably losing about £120k / month. The best way of making money would be to have the club being properly run, it's obvious that hasn't been happening for a long time.
EGM on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1544 viewsYouTubeDale

EGM on 14:40 - Aug 10 by TalkingSutty

All ideas are great but £36k/ year probably equates to what the club loses nearly every week of the year. We are probably losing about £120k / month. The best way of making money would be to have the club being properly run, it's obvious that hasn't been happening for a long time.

Did they not say £600K per year and therefore £50K per month?

In which case we need about 11 more good income stream ideas...oh, and a cup run and more secondary player sell ons...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:52]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

EGM on 15:00 - Aug 10 with 1509 viewselectricblue

EGM on 13:50 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Isn't it Alty?

What ( Alty) have done should be worth looking into if the Trust and BoD can be bothered.....
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 17:34]

EGM on 15:01 - Aug 10 with 1504 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 14:48 - Aug 10 by YouTubeDale

Did they not say £600K per year and therefore £50K per month?

In which case we need about 11 more good income stream ideas...oh, and a cup run and more secondary player sell ons...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:52]

I thought we were losing about £1.2 million/ year, that will be increasing obviously. Just kick starting a new lottery would have been great, that hasn't materialised.
EGM on 15:04 - Aug 10 with 1488 viewskel

EGM on 15:00 - Aug 10 by electricblue

What ( Alty) have done should be worth looking into if the Trust and BoD can be bothered.....

“If the trust can be bothered”

Wow! Ever put yourself forward?
EGM on 15:36 - Aug 10 with 1387 viewsTVOS1907

EGM on 15:04 - Aug 10 by kel

“If the trust can be bothered”

Wow! Ever put yourself forward?

Or his brother?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

EGM on 15:41 - Aug 10 with 1357 viewsDaleFan7

EGM on 13:26 - Aug 10 by tony_roch975

and selling existing shares doesn't help the Club, which is why we need an investor to buy the new shares? So existing shareholders buying them might 'solve' the immediate cash flow problem but it would would defeat the object of attracting a long term investor?

Surely an investor will want more of a say in the club than the new shares on offer would give them, though?
EGM on 15:42 - Aug 10 with 1357 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 15:36 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Or his brother?

gasblue?

EGM on 15:56 - Aug 10 with 1318 viewsZac_B

EGM on 15:00 - Aug 10 by electricblue

Are you absolutely sure you mean Accrington, and not Altrincham?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024