Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another game moved (Bromley h) 18:02 - Jul 27 with 2535 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/bromleyfixturechange/

Starting to feel like we are Utd now?

Edit: without the money
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 18:09]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 20:09 - Jul 27 with 2334 viewsmikehunt

Is this because it is being televised?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 20:26 - Jul 27 with 2300 viewsEllDale

I think it’s because we’re away at York on the Monday.
Gives a better turnaround time.
I think all the TV games for August and September have been announced.
Fair play to Bromley for travelling on a Friday but might save them an overnight stay?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2023 20:28]
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 20:34 - Jul 27 with 2272 viewsDalenet

I said I wouldnt travel to a Friday night game after it took 5 hours last time we did it. Bank holiday friday afternoon travel.....wtf are we thinking
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 20:39 - Jul 27 with 2251 viewsHullDale

2 years to the day that we played Colchester at home, celebrating 100 years in the EFL
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 23:52 - Jul 27 with 2035 viewsBrierls

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 20:34 - Jul 27 by Dalenet

I said I wouldnt travel to a Friday night game after it took 5 hours last time we did it. Bank holiday friday afternoon travel.....wtf are we thinking

We're at home...

...and we're thinking if we move the game there is more recovery time before the York game. As are Bromley, for their BHM game.
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 06:15 - Jul 28 with 1962 viewspioneer

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 23:52 - Jul 27 by Brierls

We're at home...

...and we're thinking if we move the game there is more recovery time before the York game. As are Bromley, for their BHM game.

Not all fans live in or close to Rochdale. Some travel long distances and so will be affected by bank holiday traffic.
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 07:42 - Jul 28 with 1909 viewsTalkingSutty

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 06:15 - Jul 28 by pioneer

Not all fans live in or close to Rochdale. Some travel long distances and so will be affected by bank holiday traffic.

The majority of fans live near Rochdale though and playing on Friday gives the players more recovery time, that should be the priority. It's a good decision.
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 08:54 - Jul 28 with 1818 viewsBillyRudd

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 07:42 - Jul 28 by TalkingSutty

The majority of fans live near Rochdale though and playing on Friday gives the players more recovery time, that should be the priority. It's a good decision.

As you say. it may well be a good football decision. It is also a decision that pays no regard to the lifeblood of football, namely the paying customer. I know personally that Dalenet travels a great distance for home games on a regular basis and can quite understand why he is pisxed off. As am I and I live 5 minutes from the ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 09:13 - Jul 28 with 1792 viewsTalkingSutty

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 08:54 - Jul 28 by BillyRudd

As you say. it may well be a good football decision. It is also a decision that pays no regard to the lifeblood of football, namely the paying customer. I know personally that Dalenet travels a great distance for home games on a regular basis and can quite understand why he is pisxed off. As am I and I live 5 minutes from the ground.

Yes agree with that, moving fixtures causes aggravation for fans, especially those who have far to travel. I don't think moving the fixture back one day to the Friday evening is that unusual though, i seem to remember it happened quite often years ago.
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 11:05 - Jul 28 with 1653 viewspioneer

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 08:54 - Jul 28 by BillyRudd

Fan owned club! Fans not consulted.
Another game moved (Bromley h) on 12:12 - Jul 28 with 1581 viewsChaffRAFC

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 11:05 - Jul 28 by pioneer

Fan owned club! Fans not consulted.

It's done for footballing reasons, fan owned club or not, we don't, and shouldn't have a say on footballing matters like that.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 19:13 - Jul 28 with 1397 viewsDalenet

Another game moved (Bromley h) on 12:12 - Jul 28 by ChaffRAFC

It's done for footballing reasons, fan owned club or not, we don't, and shouldn't have a say on footballing matters like that.

How do you know it is for football reasons just out of interest? The club hasn't said that anywhere. You are right that we don't expect to be consulted but we are allowed to vent frustration are we not?

Lets hope that we don't suffer financially from a change to the date of the game - we will see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024