Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar 20:18 - Nov 15 with 3652 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/11/trust-agm-18-11/

A reminder that the Trust AGM takes place this Saturday and how important it is for members to attend if they possibly can. The current uncertainty that exists around the direction of the club was highlighted at a recent fans meeting with the Trust, with the following being provided so far as answers to some questions raised:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/11/update-to-members/

Saturday not only allows supporters to take part in the Trust AGM, but raise any further questions or issues you believe could be discussed at the Trust’s twice postponed meeting with the club which is scheduled for Thursday 23rd November.

Recent weeks have been real opportunities for fans and the Trust to play an important part at a crucial point in the club’s history. Saturday is another. We cannot waste it.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2023 20:23]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:11 - Nov 18 with 3196 viewsDalenet

Well done to the 35 or so fans that turned up to the AGM. Col has decided to resign from the Trust Board from next month due to work commitments. He has been a catalyst for the Trust for 15 years so it is the end of an era.
We heard a lot about the work each Trust Board member is doing and feels like there is a lot on. Good to get some explanation as to why meetings have had to be moved and there was some discussion about the financial challenge without an investor. The Trust and club need to agree what information can be shared...although no company can share too much without alerting creditors or suppliers.
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:30 - Nov 18 with 3144 views442Dale

It was a good meeting with issues being discussed and a clear route forward for the Trust to addressing the concerns they share with supporters.

Next is their meeting with the club on the 23rd.

Thanks to Col for all his hard work. An unenviable task at times!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 13:34]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:45 - Nov 18 with 3109 viewsjudd

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:11 - Nov 18 by Dalenet

Well done to the 35 or so fans that turned up to the AGM. Col has decided to resign from the Trust Board from next month due to work commitments. He has been a catalyst for the Trust for 15 years so it is the end of an era.
We heard a lot about the work each Trust Board member is doing and feels like there is a lot on. Good to get some explanation as to why meetings have had to be moved and there was some discussion about the financial challenge without an investor. The Trust and club need to agree what information can be shared...although no company can share too much without alerting creditors or suppliers.

The issues of confidentiality and fiduciary duty are covered in the MOU but were not raised during the meeting.

They are definite discussion points to be had.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:49 - Nov 18 with 3100 viewsDalenet

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:45 - Nov 18 by judd

The issues of confidentiality and fiduciary duty are covered in the MOU but were not raised during the meeting.

They are definite discussion points to be had.

I liked the Norwich approach to be honest. The Trust see the management accounts but can't make them public. It allows them to raise concerns and challenges on behalf of the fans. The MOU will cover our approach as you say.
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:54 - Nov 18 with 3076 viewsjudd

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 13:49 - Nov 18 by Dalenet

I liked the Norwich approach to be honest. The Trust see the management accounts but can't make them public. It allows them to raise concerns and challenges on behalf of the fans. The MOU will cover our approach as you say.

Norwich have been great.

They describe themselves as a critical friend of the club who will ask questions.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 19:46 - Nov 18 with 2761 viewsSandyman

Col deserves recognition for leading Dale Trust through its most difficult period (equally for RAFC), ensuring the tumour was removed from the club by shareholders and leading the fight against Morton House and their now banned scumbags. All done with dignity, decency, and articulately. Characteristics the hostile takeover people and their functionaries never had. Thanks Col.

PS: One hopes the knowitall finger pointers on Facebook and X will be brave enough to enact everything they shout about regarding RAFC and Dale Trust when they volunteer for election as Trust Chair. Actions speak louder than words, poppets.
Somehow, I doubt any of them will. Empty rhetoric.
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 20:04 - Nov 18 with 2717 views_Windydale

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 19:46 - Nov 18 by Sandyman

Col deserves recognition for leading Dale Trust through its most difficult period (equally for RAFC), ensuring the tumour was removed from the club by shareholders and leading the fight against Morton House and their now banned scumbags. All done with dignity, decency, and articulately. Characteristics the hostile takeover people and their functionaries never had. Thanks Col.

PS: One hopes the knowitall finger pointers on Facebook and X will be brave enough to enact everything they shout about regarding RAFC and Dale Trust when they volunteer for election as Trust Chair. Actions speak louder than words, poppets.

I know only 'RochdaleCol' from his years on this messageboard, a very articulate positive fella, with Dale in his DNA. He's going to be missed from the board. I hope he isn't going to leave to much of hole, he was a safe pair of hands. I hope we have similar dedicated volunteers who can step up to the plate like he did on many occasions.
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 20:36 - Nov 18 with 2652 viewsblackdogblue

Don’t do Facebook but hopefully the Club recognise his contribution over the years

He should be put on the Dale Legends wall (pictures) not the wall or tiles👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 05:27 - Nov 19 with 2394 viewsTalkingSutty

Well said, nobody did more than Col when it came to standing up to MH. There must have been times during that period when he felt like throwing the towel in and it will have taken its toll on him, even though he might laugh that suggestion off now. He looked ill with it all at times. Fingers crossed we might soon have new owners coming into the club who will set the club on a more stable path, the Trust recently being introduced to interested parties raises hope of that happening. It would maybe complete the circle for Col that and signal the time for a reset for the Trust in line with the new owners. We have plenty of capable fans who i believe would command the respect of the Trust members should they decide to step into Cols shoes. In the meantime i would also like to thank him for everything he's done for the club even though we didn't always see eye to eye on everything at times, he did a great job.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 5:31]
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 07:43 - Nov 19 with 2329 viewskel

Wanted to add my thanks to Col too for all the work he’s done on behalf of supporters via the trust. I don’t think some people realise just how much time and effort he’s given over the years, often probably to the detriment of his personal life. He deserves a long bloody break from it all and hopefully he can just enjoy the football side of things again.

As Sandyman says, hopefully one of the ones who slate the trust and their work will now put themselves forward to bring change and show us how it should be done? Perhaps the poster who seems to have developed a recent anti-trust/anti-manager/pro-board agenda?
Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 12:18 - Nov 19 with 2041 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 07:43 - Nov 19 by kel

Wanted to add my thanks to Col too for all the work he’s done on behalf of supporters via the trust. I don’t think some people realise just how much time and effort he’s given over the years, often probably to the detriment of his personal life. He deserves a long bloody break from it all and hopefully he can just enjoy the football side of things again.

As Sandyman says, hopefully one of the ones who slate the trust and their work will now put themselves forward to bring change and show us how it should be done? Perhaps the poster who seems to have developed a recent anti-trust/anti-manager/pro-board agenda?

Do you mean the one who posted within 10 minutes of recent defeats, but hasn't been seen since yesterday's win. Poor form really, but totally unsurprising.

Anyway, I echo what you've said about Col. An unenviable task, but one he has carried out over the years with the utmost professionalism and discretion.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 20:26 - Nov 19 with 1798 viewsJames1980

If the Trust had squad numbers Col's shirt would definitely be retired.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dale Trust AGM, Saturday 11am, Dale Bar on 10:44 - Nov 20 with 1472 viewsKnavesmireBob

Echoing everything positive that's been said about Col's service to the Dale for the benefit of us all. Getting that immersed in something you care so deeply about can be a bruising experience. I hope no scars have been inflicted, and if they have hopefully they'll prove to be temporary.

I lurked on here for years before sticking my head above the parapet, and during that time I used to find Col's contributions particularly reassuring and aligned to my own thoughts. The Trust's gain has been this message board's loss in recent years in my opinion, and I hope this now offers the opportunity for more frequent contributions with an ability to once again express true feelings just like the rest of us do :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024