Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton docked ten points 12:50 - Nov 17 with 5267 viewsEllDale

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/17/everton-deducted-10-points-prem

Everton docked ten points on 14:21 - Nov 17 with 3187 viewsRAFCBLUE

The whole house of cards is about to fall.

Leeds, Leicester and Burnley all about to sue since Everton’s cheating cost them up to £200m.

The scale of cheating around FFP will now trickle down the pyramid and I am sure we will see cases in the Championship and other EFL leagues as clubs “chased the dream”.

Kieran Maguire summed it up this week with these metrics about the Premier League between 1992 and 2022:

UK inflation: 94%
Premier League revenues up 2,516%
Premier League wages up 3,613%
1992/93 Average Premier League weekly wage: £2,051
2021/22 Average Premier League weekly wage: £83,756
1992/93 Premier League Total Profits: £12 million
2021/22 Premier League Total Losses: £551 million
1992/93 Premier League Transfer Spend: £65 million
2021/22 Premier League Transfer Spend: £1,865 million

That’s just the Premier League. Add in the EFL and the whole game in England is potentially insolvent.

Clubs just don’t stand a chance.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Everton docked ten points on 14:45 - Nov 17 with 3157 viewsEllDale

I wonder what Manchester City can expect to be meted out to them in the light of the sentence passed on Everton.
They face 115 charges of financial irregularities but maybe can afford a better legal team?
Everton docked ten points on 15:17 - Nov 17 with 3088 viewsdavidab2202

If it is during this season and how few points the bottom teams have accrued thus far, City would have to be deducted at least 60 pts for them not to survive!!!!!
Everton docked ten points on 16:23 - Nov 17 with 2983 viewsD_Alien

Everton docked ten points on 15:17 - Nov 17 by davidab2202

If it is during this season and how few points the bottom teams have accrued thus far, City would have to be deducted at least 60 pts for them not to survive!!!!!

If City have 10pts deducted, it'd be enough to see them not win the league again, and possibly struggle with Champions League qualification (unless they win the trophy again)

As for Everton, i think they'll survive the drop too. They'll just see themselves as victimised and pull together, which they'd already started doing under Dyche
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 16:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Everton docked ten points on 17:06 - Nov 17 with 2914 viewsblackdogblue

Pains me to say it, look at Wigan… started on a minus & climbed there way out of trouble with a lot of goals from Humphrey who’s heart was Dale until someone offered him money…

Everton were doing well under Dyche but now find themselves on the same 4 points as Burnley 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Everton docked ten points on 17:59 - Nov 17 with 2822 viewsJames1980

Everton docked ten points on 17:06 - Nov 17 by blackdogblue

Pains me to say it, look at Wigan… started on a minus & climbed there way out of trouble with a lot of goals from Humphrey who’s heart was Dale until someone offered him money…

Everton were doing well under Dyche but now find themselves on the same 4 points as Burnley 😀

Aye and look at Southend now only 3pts behind us

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Everton docked ten points on 19:00 - Nov 17 with 2724 views442Dale

Who knew that Everton and the top of the football tree were so important.

You can only influence those factors where your own input matters. Tomorrow is a big day.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Everton docked ten points on 19:16 - Nov 17 with 2686 viewsD_Alien

Everton docked ten points on 19:00 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

You can only influence those factors where your own input matters. Tomorrow is a big day.

Is it? Why?

I asked the Trust a question several weeks ago now - no reply. Why should i bother?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 19:17]

Login to get fewer ads

Everton docked ten points on 19:29 - Nov 17 with 2663 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:16 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

Is it? Why?

I asked the Trust a question several weeks ago now - no reply. Why should i bother?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2023 19:17]

I’m sorry that you’ve received no reply.

It’s only a personal plea, based on recent events and the answers seen so far to questions from supporters that indicates we may have reached a crossroads.

One where your question may really need to be addressed in a public setting

Why should anyone bother? A very valid question. But apathy is what maybe some want, it makes future decisions easier to take. It’s what some made a point of not allowing to happen two and a half years ago.

It’s strange how the goalsposts are moved to suit. Not by those who are consistent in putting Rochdale AFC first. Please attend the Trust AGM if you can.

Everton docked ten points on 19:40 - Nov 17 with 2630 viewsD_Alien

Everton docked ten points on 19:29 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

I’m sorry that you’ve received no reply.

It’s only a personal plea, based on recent events and the answers seen so far to questions from supporters that indicates we may have reached a crossroads.

One where your question may really need to be addressed in a public setting

Why should anyone bother? A very valid question. But apathy is what maybe some want, it makes future decisions easier to take. It’s what some made a point of not allowing to happen two and a half years ago.

It’s strange how the goalsposts are moved to suit. Not by those who are consistent in putting Rochdale AFC first. Please attend the Trust AGM if you can.

I hear you. Unfortunately, i can't. I'm not in Rochdale overnight and travelling back for a (silly) 11am start isn't feasible

I mean, what on earth are people expected to do if the AGM is done by say, 12.30? Drink till 3pm to forget what didn't transpire at the meeting?

I'm not expecting an answer to that, btw

Everton docked ten points on 19:43 - Nov 17 with 2613 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 19:40 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

I hear you. Unfortunately, i can't. I'm not in Rochdale overnight and travelling back for a (silly) 11am start isn't feasible

I mean, what on earth are people expected to do if the AGM is done by say, 12.30? Drink till 3pm to forget what didn't transpire at the meeting?

Was a proxy form ever emailed out to Trust members who can’t make the meeting?

I don’t recall that but might have missed it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Everton docked ten points on 19:45 - Nov 17 with 2608 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:40 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

And I hear yours and the frustrations of many others.

The Trust have fallen short on many matters, albeit with the right intentions. It’s a real shame so little progress has been made by so many in last few years when the opportunity was there to start again. They know.

If you’d like your question asking again, or anything else, let me know.

Everton docked ten points on 19:47 - Nov 17 with 2605 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:43 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

Have you asked them?

Everton docked ten points on 19:53 - Nov 17 with 2566 viewsjudd

Yes they were and many have been returned

Poll: What is it to be then?

Everton docked ten points on 19:56 - Nov 17 with 2561 viewsD_Alien

Yes, but i haven't returned it

As the saying didn't go: "What doesn't come round doesn't go round"

I've been looking in the Trust website where i can cancel my auto-renew (which i never imagined i'd even think about doing), but can't find that option

What would you suggest, apart from the usual guff about finance which got us precisely nowhere?

Everton docked ten points on 19:57 - Nov 17 with 2558 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:53 - Nov 17 by judd

Easy to miss things.

Like threads with valid questions and concerns about the football club.

Everton docked ten points on 19:59 - Nov 17 with 2552 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 19:45 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

And I hear yours and the frustrations of many others.

The Trust have fallen short on many matters, albeit with the right intentions. It’s a real shame so little progress has been made by so many in last few years when the opportunity was there to start again. They know.

If you’d like your question asking again, or anything else, let me know.

It would have helped members if a proxy form could have been emailed to members rather than an elusive game of hide and seek. Why could SurveyMonkey not have been used?

Exiles make up circa 30% of the Trust, very few of the 260 or so will be there in person tomorrow.

Unless a member remembered to get their proxy form in 48 hours ago or are in the Dale Bar at 11am for a 3pm kickoff their opinion counts for nought.

Also if you’re a Dale fan with concerns reading this who is going to turn up on the off chance you can’t actually attend unless your already a Trust member since attendance at the meeting and voting is restricted to current Trust members only.

Everton docked ten points on 20:00 - Nov 17 with 2539 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 19:59 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

It would have helped members if a proxy form could have been emailed to members rather than an elusive game of hide and seek. Why could SurveyMonkey not have been used?

Exiles make up circa 30% of the Trust, very few of the 260 or so will be there in person tomorrow.

Unless a member remembered to get their proxy form in 48 hours ago or are in the Dale Bar at 11am for a 3pm kickoff their opinion counts for nought.

Also if you’re a Dale fan with concerns reading this who is going to turn up on the off chance you can’t actually attend unless your already a Trust member since attendance at the meeting and voting is restricted to current Trust members only.

Have you raised all those concerns with the Trust?

If so, what was their reply?

Everton docked ten points on 20:01 - Nov 17 with 2530 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 19:53 - Nov 17 by judd

I mustn’t have been on that email judd.

I thought the Trust used Surveymonkey for votes now but is there something in the constitution that said it had to be on pen and paper?

Everton docked ten points on 20:03 - Nov 17 with 2510 views442Dale

This thread says a lot.

History remembers.

Everton docked ten points on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 2491 viewsRAFCBLUE

Everton docked ten points on 20:03 - Nov 17 by 442Dale

This thread says a lot.

History remembers.

Everton docked ten points on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 2457 views442Dale

Everton docked ten points on 20:08 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

Quite.

Meanwhile…

Everton docked ten points on 20:29 - Nov 17 with 2428 viewsjudd

Everton docked ten points on 20:01 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

I mustn’t have been on that email judd.

I thought the Trust used Surveymonkey for votes now but is there something in the constitution that said it had to be on pen and paper?

It was , and always has been, a separate form emailed out to members.
I checked this out with the secretary when you first raised it.
I will raise the concerns you have raised at the meeting tomorrow.

Everton docked ten points on 20:31 - Nov 17 with 2415 viewsjudd

Everton docked ten points on 19:59 - Nov 17 by RAFCBLUE

Why should non- members be allowed to attend ?

Everton docked ten points on 21:54 - Nov 17 with 2271 viewsD_Alien

Everton docked ten points on 20:31 - Nov 17 by judd

Why should non- members be allowed to attend ?

Where's he gone?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024