Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 18:16 - Nov 20 with 24486 viewsDale_4_Life

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/afcfyldeboxingday_onepound/

Fair play lets get behind this initiative and get Spotland Rocking!
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 18:58 - Nov 20 with 10748 viewsRAFCBLUE

Can’t knock the initiative - let’s hope the take up is good.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 23:49 - Nov 20 with 10476 viewsDale4life

It's ok for the day but the way we have been playing will they come back when they have to pay full price.?

The really Dale4life

Up the Dale

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 07:54 - Nov 21 with 10370 viewssurb_dale

Interesting that the tickets are not available for the Willbutts so assume Fylde fans will be housed there. Can’t imagine they’ll bring more than 250 though so if uptake is good wonder if there’s a plan to open willbutts to home fans as well.
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 07:57 - Nov 21 with 10367 viewsTalkingSutty

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 23:49 - Nov 20 by Dale4life

It's ok for the day but the way we have been playing will they come back when they have to pay full price.?

The really Dale4life

You make it sound like we've been playing terrible football all season and that's simply not true. We've seen a lack of consistency in performance and that's not just over a period of games but also in nearly every single fixture.Thats the frustration. Last Saturday was a good example of that and so was the game up at Hartlepool. There is a lot to like about this team and also the individual players, most of them signed over the summer.

I genuinely don't think we are far off from having a team that could launch a real challenge for a return to the EFL, the defensive frailties mean that we are finding it very difficult to string results together though. Our midfield is more than capable and in Sinclair, Mitchell, Rodney, Henderson, Hayes, Jez we have plenty of firepower up front. I have more attachment to this current squad of players than any i've had over the last few years. I also think McNulty is doing a good job while still learning the ropes, credit to those in the Boardroom for making that appointment because it wasn't a universally popular decision at the time. So to sum up, I'm enjoying going to the games again this season but there is still plenty of scope for improvement. I'd also give away as many free tickets as possible for the remaining home fixtures this season.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 8:04]
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 09:31 - Nov 21 with 10282 viewsDalenet

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 07:54 - Nov 21 by surb_dale

Interesting that the tickets are not available for the Willbutts so assume Fylde fans will be housed there. Can’t imagine they’ll bring more than 250 though so if uptake is good wonder if there’s a plan to open willbutts to home fans as well.

Where are the club housing the 500 fans they have targeted who are in financial difficulties and the 500 seats that the Trust have bought to target groups to attend? I suspect they will be in the Wilbutts too
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 16:12 - Nov 21 with 10020 viewsSheffdale

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 09:31 - Nov 21 by Dalenet

Where are the club housing the 500 fans they have targeted who are in financial difficulties and the 500 seats that the Trust have bought to target groups to attend? I suspect they will be in the Wilbutts too

My understanding is that the Trust's 500 will be in the Willbutts and the Trust is targeting lapsed fans, Exiles home for the festive period, deserving local groups and societies offering them free tickets. I think it might need a big effort to shift 500 so message me if you have ideas of where we might target. Plan is for mostly e-tickets so email addresses for an adult lead purchaser can be used for further marketing. As others have said a very worthwhile and welcome initiative. Part of the Willbutts will be used to house the Fylde visiting fans.
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 19:48 - Nov 21 with 9845 viewsRAFCBLUE

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 16:12 - Nov 21 by Sheffdale

My understanding is that the Trust's 500 will be in the Willbutts and the Trust is targeting lapsed fans, Exiles home for the festive period, deserving local groups and societies offering them free tickets. I think it might need a big effort to shift 500 so message me if you have ideas of where we might target. Plan is for mostly e-tickets so email addresses for an adult lead purchaser can be used for further marketing. As others have said a very worthwhile and welcome initiative. Part of the Willbutts will be used to house the Fylde visiting fans.

Are the Trust considering pushing some of those 500 tickets at lapsed Trust members Sheffdale?

In 2021/22 and presumably off the back of the Morton House stuff the Trust membership reached its record of 1,306 (including 388 exiles).

Currently the Trust membership is at 930 (including 270 exiles) so that indicate there are 376 lapsed Trust members (118 of which are exiles).

There will be a number of reasons for members lapsing I am sure but that seems to be an obvious target audience. Even if they passed the ticket on to someone who used it it would do some good.

Some of those exiles will be in the area too for Christmas no doubt visiting friends and relatives and may bring others to the game with them on Boxing Day.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 23:46 - Nov 21 with 9649 viewsSheffdale

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 19:48 - Nov 21 by RAFCBLUE

Are the Trust considering pushing some of those 500 tickets at lapsed Trust members Sheffdale?

In 2021/22 and presumably off the back of the Morton House stuff the Trust membership reached its record of 1,306 (including 388 exiles).

Currently the Trust membership is at 930 (including 270 exiles) so that indicate there are 376 lapsed Trust members (118 of which are exiles).

There will be a number of reasons for members lapsing I am sure but that seems to be an obvious target audience. Even if they passed the ticket on to someone who used it it would do some good.

Some of those exiles will be in the area too for Christmas no doubt visiting friends and relatives and may bring others to the game with them on Boxing Day.

Good points. I started a WhatsApp group for current exiles which has worked well. They are serious Dale fans but not many of them have taken up the offer so far. Some of course are season card holders despite living far away. I have access to our records of all lapsed members so will target selectively. Some will have joined in support of the MH threat as a short-lived gesture but others may be tempted back by the offer. Back to back wins helps with this sort of work!
Login to get fewer ads

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:12 - Nov 22 with 9452 viewsJames1980

Are local pubs, cafés and restaurants aware of the offer?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 9405 views49thseason

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:12 - Nov 22 by James1980

James, unless they pull their fingers out and print a shed-load of leaflets and distribute them in key demographic areas, take-up will lower than it otherwise could be. Yes there is a cost, but as I have previously pointed out RDC are very reasonable as printers and distributers. In fact in a similar discussion last night whilst waiting for the game to start, it was mentioned that RDC might print and distribute for free if they were offered a few adverts on the big screen or maybe some seats at a table at a Christmas party.
My fear is that as per usual the effort will be undersold because there is no appetite to speculate to accumulate (and no cash, and no one in a proper sales capacity and no CRM history to try to tempt.)....
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 12:12 - Nov 22 with 9369 viewsJames1980

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:41 - Nov 22 by 49thseason

James, unless they pull their fingers out and print a shed-load of leaflets and distribute them in key demographic areas, take-up will lower than it otherwise could be. Yes there is a cost, but as I have previously pointed out RDC are very reasonable as printers and distributers. In fact in a similar discussion last night whilst waiting for the game to start, it was mentioned that RDC might print and distribute for free if they were offered a few adverts on the big screen or maybe some seats at a table at a Christmas party.
My fear is that as per usual the effort will be undersold because there is no appetite to speculate to accumulate (and no cash, and no one in a proper sales capacity and no CRM history to try to tempt.)....

Could The Trust fund printing some leaflets?

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 12:40 - Nov 22 with 9329 viewsTalkingSutty

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:41 - Nov 22 by 49thseason

Imagine the amount of people who will be queueing up to pay for food etc at our local supermarket tills on the run up to Xmas. All they have to do is go and visit, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, M&S and speak nicely, I'm sure they would give permission to advertise the Boxing Day Offer. It would entail getting in the car and meeting the store managers face to face though rather than just picking up the phone, and also sourcing some decent sized leaflets. There is a captive audience of thousands around those tills but it takes savvy and drive to do it. If it was a Trust initiative i would happily get involved with doing that but there are people who are getting paid by the club who should have already done this sort of thing. It's just commonsense.
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 12:45 - Nov 22 with 9323 viewsjudd

Printed posters were available at the Trust AGM last Saturday and I am sure I saw the club news item advising there were available from the club last night.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 13:40 - Nov 22 with 9230 views49thseason

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 12:45 - Nov 22 by judd

Printed posters were available at the Trust AGM last Saturday and I am sure I saw the club news item advising there were available from the club last night.

Well spotted Judd, but why not a) make them printable b) why not have them available for people to take away last night by having them at the turnstiles?
Why does everything seem to hinge on people traipsing up to Spotland?... maybe they think they will move the tickets without extra help? I sincerely hope they do but I fear they won't....
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 14:16 - Nov 22 with 9185 viewsDalenet

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 12:40 - Nov 22 by TalkingSutty

Imagine the amount of people who will be queueing up to pay for food etc at our local supermarket tills on the run up to Xmas. All they have to do is go and visit, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, M&S and speak nicely, I'm sure they would give permission to advertise the Boxing Day Offer. It would entail getting in the car and meeting the store managers face to face though rather than just picking up the phone, and also sourcing some decent sized leaflets. There is a captive audience of thousands around those tills but it takes savvy and drive to do it. If it was a Trust initiative i would happily get involved with doing that but there are people who are getting paid by the club who should have already done this sort of thing. It's just commonsense.

TS I think you are being a bit harsh here. Weren't we told a few weeks ago that staff have gone and the marketing team of 3 is now just one. To have got these initiatives off the ground at all is a good effort if you are doing everything. Maybe this is one for volunteers to get involved in - that was the ask at the Trust AGM - would you please find places to put up the posters
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 14:19 - Nov 22 with 9177 viewsDalenet

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 11:12 - Nov 22 by James1980

Have you asked your friends at Rochdale railway station to put them up? The station is busy
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 15:58 - Nov 22 with 9063 viewswatford_dale

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 14:16 - Nov 22 by Dalenet

TS I think you are being a bit harsh here. Weren't we told a few weeks ago that staff have gone and the marketing team of 3 is now just one. To have got these initiatives off the ground at all is a good effort if you are doing everything. Maybe this is one for volunteers to get involved in - that was the ask at the Trust AGM - would you please find places to put up the posters

All this talk of printing takes me back to the 90's. Isn't e-marketing all the rage nowadays, email/phone, and the cost will be minimal compared to that of jumping in the Delorean to go back to the 90's to print some posters.

Love the Dale default position of the club can't do it and so its now on the volunteer army - how much are they actually doing right now as it is?

For those who do fancy fly posting, a) fair play and b) fly posting is a criminal offence if you get caught and c) don't get caught.

I think it should be very well attended and effort should be focused on ensuring enough stock in club shop, bars are well stocked and don't run out of pies before kick off.
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 17:12 - Nov 22 with 8988 viewsJames1980

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 14:19 - Nov 22 by Dalenet

Have you asked your friends at Rochdale railway station to put them up? The station is busy

If there were a poster or leaflets available I would have taken them with me to the station this morning. CmiIaw but, isn't one issue with email even if the club have someone's email address if they have selected no marketing under GDPR rules the club can't promote this to them? Also a large number on the email database will have season tickets.

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 17:17 - Nov 22 with 8970 viewsD_Alien

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 17:12 - Nov 22 by James1980

If there were a poster or leaflets available I would have taken them with me to the station this morning. CmiIaw but, isn't one issue with email even if the club have someone's email address if they have selected no marketing under GDPR rules the club can't promote this to them? Also a large number on the email database will have season tickets.

Don't forget Littleborough, Smithy Bridge & Castleton

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 17:28 - Nov 22 with 8955 viewsjudd

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 13:40 - Nov 22 by 49thseason

Well spotted Judd, but why not a) make them printable b) why not have them available for people to take away last night by having them at the turnstiles?
Why does everything seem to hinge on people traipsing up to Spotland?... maybe they think they will move the tickets without extra help? I sincerely hope they do but I fear they won't....

Home printable version should be available via the Trust tomorrow.

Will confirm.when done.

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 (n/t) on 21:27 - Nov 22 with 8793 viewsTalkingSutty

[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 21:29]
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 21:28 - Nov 22 with 8788 viewsTalkingSutty

I'm not being harsh at all, we've had similar initiatives over the last couple of years when the club was fully staffed, what did they do then? I'll meet up with the fella at the club who is being paid to do this type of thing and he can come with me in my car and we will do it together. He's a club employee and needs to act as the official representative, maybe he can generate some sponsorship from these stores in the process by liasing with the managers himself? I'll spend a full day with him and ferry him around i don't have a problem helping him. I can also take leaflets and visit local shops. The club can't even be bothered to contact me regarding shareholder issues and the Chairman is ignorant so don't expect me to have any sympathy for them and dont expect me to contact them neither.. I wasn't aware that the Trust had leaflets to give away for distributions and i dont have a printer, I'll pick some up at the next home game if they have some at the desk.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 21:44]
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 22:03 - Nov 22 with 8695 viewsjudd

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 21:28 - Nov 22 by TalkingSutty

I'm not being harsh at all, we've had similar initiatives over the last couple of years when the club was fully staffed, what did they do then? I'll meet up with the fella at the club who is being paid to do this type of thing and he can come with me in my car and we will do it together. He's a club employee and needs to act as the official representative, maybe he can generate some sponsorship from these stores in the process by liasing with the managers himself? I'll spend a full day with him and ferry him around i don't have a problem helping him. I can also take leaflets and visit local shops. The club can't even be bothered to contact me regarding shareholder issues and the Chairman is ignorant so don't expect me to have any sympathy for them and dont expect me to contact them neither.. I wasn't aware that the Trust had leaflets to give away for distributions and i dont have a printer, I'll pick some up at the next home game if they have some at the desk.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 21:44]

The club printed them for giving out.

The Trust has tried to respond to the suggestion that home printable versions should be available.

Great offer of help of driving around. There's a Trust/club meeting tomorrow. I'll bring this up.

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 22:10 - Nov 22 with 8681 viewsTalkingSutty

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 22:03 - Nov 22 by judd

The club printed them for giving out.

The Trust has tried to respond to the suggestion that home printable versions should be available.

Great offer of help of driving around. There's a Trust/club meeting tomorrow. I'll bring this up.

Thanks for that, yes i dont mind helping or using my car.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 22:12]
Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 22:28 - Nov 22 with 8634 viewsjudd

Boxing Day Tickets for a £1 on 22:10 - Nov 22 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for that, yes i dont mind helping or using my car.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 22:12]

I'll be in touch. Cheers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024