Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale 12:22 - Dec 31 with 2981 viewsRAFCBLUE

Good to see a new year communication to shareholders today continuing the promises from the recent AGM.

Will please those who wanted some more regular communication.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 12:23]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 12:39 - Dec 31 with 2907 viewsTVOS1907

Is that last bit necessary? It shows complete disregard for 'those', whether shareholders or not.

Anyway, it's a positive step forward, but I would like the club to clarify what they are also doing to help to turn those new/lapsed fans who came on Boxing Day into more regular attendees.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 12:55 - Dec 31 with 2870 viewsRodingdale

Nothing received. Which is odd because I got the AGM papers.
Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:00 - Dec 31 with 2829 viewsDalenet

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 12:39 - Dec 31 by TVOS1907

Is that last bit necessary? It shows complete disregard for 'those', whether shareholders or not.

Anyway, it's a positive step forward, but I would like the club to clarify what they are also doing to help to turn those new/lapsed fans who came on Boxing Day into more regular attendees.

So if we manage to sell all 50,000, that brings in £117k in capital to sustain the club through to summer perhaps. But as you say TVOS, if we are serious about driving revenue into the club we need to build to 4000+ fans week in week out and would be good to hear what the club has done and will be doing with the database it built over the Fylde game.

I keep asking why we are not selling half season tickets for the last 10 games. £100-£150 a pop. A quick look at other National League clubs and they are all doing it. And we do need support if we are to get into the play offs and stay there come the end of the season. Lets not fall short
Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:02 - Dec 31 with 2828 viewsD_Alien

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 12:55 - Dec 31 by Rodingdale

Nothing received. Which is odd because I got the AGM papers.

That "bottom of a list" appears to be an ever-changing phenomenon, with the one constant being it's continuation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:07 - Dec 31 with 2802 viewsTVOS1907

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:00 - Dec 31 by Dalenet

So if we manage to sell all 50,000, that brings in £117k in capital to sustain the club through to summer perhaps. But as you say TVOS, if we are serious about driving revenue into the club we need to build to 4000+ fans week in week out and would be good to hear what the club has done and will be doing with the database it built over the Fylde game.

I keep asking why we are not selling half season tickets for the last 10 games. £100-£150 a pop. A quick look at other National League clubs and they are all doing it. And we do need support if we are to get into the play offs and stay there come the end of the season. Lets not fall short

I think that's a good point about half season tickets, as we need to do something to boost our home support in the remaining Spotland fixtures, when you look at the teams we are hosting between now and April.

Kidderminster
Wealdstone
Dagenham & Redbridge
Solihull Moors
Boreham Wood
Oxford City
Woking
Maidenhead United
Hartlepool United
Dorking Wanderers

I would wager only Hartlepool will bring more than 200 fans and most of those will bring less than 100.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:13 - Dec 31 with 2779 views442Dale

Chairman’s new year message:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/december/chairmans-new-year-message/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 14:13 - Dec 31 with 2671 viewsDalenet

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 13:07 - Dec 31 by TVOS1907

I think that's a good point about half season tickets, as we need to do something to boost our home support in the remaining Spotland fixtures, when you look at the teams we are hosting between now and April.

Kidderminster
Wealdstone
Dagenham & Redbridge
Solihull Moors
Boreham Wood
Oxford City
Woking
Maidenhead United
Hartlepool United
Dorking Wanderers

I would wager only Hartlepool will bring more than 200 fans and most of those will bring less than 100.

I couldn't help myself and did a bit of research on who is selling them and at what price. Most were selling them in December probably as Christmas gifts and when 12 games were still to be played. Some have sold them with 11 games and some are still selling them on a pro-rata basis.

Club Price Games
Altrincham £154 12
Oldham £160 12
Hartlepool £172.50 11
Chesterfield £195 + 11
Solihull Moors £162.75 12
AFC Fylde £190 12
Gateshead £170 12
Southend £190 11
Barnet £168 11
Aldershot £165 11
Eastleigh £149 11
York £176 11
Ebbsfleet £180 11

York are selling them pro-rata and price reduces with every passing game left
Dagenham and Oxford City both have flexi tickets (10 and 6 games respectively)

I can't see that Halifax, Dorking, Wealdstone, Bromley, Kidderminster, Maidstone or Borehamwood have been selling them.

But the majority have and with 10 games to go we still have an opportunity to do so. A 10 game pass, using the remaining stock of the printed season cards, should be possible. Imagine if we sold just 100 at £150 a pop, that is £12k (ex VAT) in the bank. What if we had a campaign to get the 2000 or so first timers to come back and we sold say 250 with concessions for kids at say £50. We start to build habits and bring in much needed cash. Come on Dale - its not that hard. The fixed costs for a game are sunk - this is all incremental profit.
Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 15:57 - Dec 31 with 2449 views100notout

So ............

50,000 shares at £2.35 = £117.5K. Can't the Trust establish a share purchase fund?

Set a target of buying x number of shares say 25,000, requiring just under £60k.

There have been lots of fund-raising initiatives proposed and I know we have things like the squad builder fund, plaques etc but personally I would prefer this as a "project" as it would a ) provide additional cash for the club and b) increase the shareholding of the Trust.

We have proven in previous initiatives that with a common goal and everyone pulling in the right direction, we can achieve what we set out to do. Come on Team Rochdale lets do it!!!!

Over to you members of the Trust board ...........
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 15:59]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Login to get fewer ads

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:13 - Dec 31 with 2408 viewsRAFCBLUE

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 15:57 - Dec 31 by 100notout

So ............

50,000 shares at £2.35 = £117.5K. Can't the Trust establish a share purchase fund?

Set a target of buying x number of shares say 25,000, requiring just under £60k.

There have been lots of fund-raising initiatives proposed and I know we have things like the squad builder fund, plaques etc but personally I would prefer this as a "project" as it would a ) provide additional cash for the club and b) increase the shareholding of the Trust.

We have proven in previous initiatives that with a common goal and everyone pulling in the right direction, we can achieve what we set out to do. Come on Team Rochdale lets do it!!!!

On the current membership of 942 that's £125 per member to buy all of the shares.

That said, there are nearly 300 lapsed Trust members this year and Trust members only make up 31% of Dale's average home league crowd.

I'd also like to see:

1) the Trust move to a monthly subscription model which allows monthly funds into the Trust and the Trust can then choose how best to support the club.

2) a scheme where Trust membership was rewarded/reciprocated by the club with money off a season ticket, given that the two avenues both end up supporting the club in the same way. If joining the Trust costs £10 and a Trust card gets you a £15 discount off the season ticket you'd expect to see a larger uptake of the fanbase joining the Trust.

3) all Trust members getting the exact same benefits as the "Your Card" holders, given that on an engaged basis if there were say 1,500 trust members that would align more spending into the club. It would also cut out an unnecessary layer of complication and costs given everything would be aligned.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:13 - Dec 31 with 2401 viewsRodingdale

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 15:57 - Dec 31 by 100notout

So ............

I completely agree with this. However, the Trust Board have unilaterally come up with the squad builder initiative without consulting its membership.

The clubs board want fans and the trust to stick to the football side leaving them to focus on selling up, with as little input from meddling kids as possible.

Just the time we need a strong independent board, we have the opposite and fixing meetings at six days notice to discuss the squad builder does not constitute consultation.

I would back a renewed effort for the trust to buy shares because it builds the strength of the fan voice, and despite my reservations about the way the trust involves its membership I would rather that.

The elephant in the room which the board want us to forget is we nearly sold out before Christmas and who knows how that would have turned out, a strong fan voice is essential to the survival of the club. The more shares it has the stronger the voice and the safer the club is, regardless of what level of football we play.
Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:38 - Dec 31 with 2334 viewsD_Alien

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:13 - Dec 31 by Rodingdale

I completely agree with this. However, the Trust Board have unilaterally come up with the squad builder initiative without consulting its membership.

The clubs board want fans and the trust to stick to the football side leaving them to focus on selling up, with as little input from meddling kids as possible.

Just the time we need a strong independent board, we have the opposite and fixing meetings at six days notice to discuss the squad builder does not constitute consultation.

I would back a renewed effort for the trust to buy shares because it builds the strength of the fan voice, and despite my reservations about the way the trust involves its membership I would rather that.

The elephant in the room which the board want us to forget is we nearly sold out before Christmas and who knows how that would have turned out, a strong fan voice is essential to the survival of the club. The more shares it has the stronger the voice and the safer the club is, regardless of what level of football we play.

As soon as the Squad Builder proposal was put forward, my immediate reaction was it'd split the potential for scarce cash resources amongst the fanbase being directed to where it's most needed, i.e. the survival and longer term future of the club. I said at the time that in different circumstances, it's something i'd be supportive of, but just can't see how there's any alignment between taking up shares from the new issue and contributing to this fund

Of course we all want to see players arriving who'll help push us forward, but the vagaries of football life could result in the funds contributing to the acquisition of a player who then immediately gets injured, whilst the general finances of the club remain an albatross round all our necks

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 17:00 - Dec 31 with 2283 viewsRAFCBLUE

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:38 - Dec 31 by D_Alien

As soon as the Squad Builder proposal was put forward, my immediate reaction was it'd split the potential for scarce cash resources amongst the fanbase being directed to where it's most needed, i.e. the survival and longer term future of the club. I said at the time that in different circumstances, it's something i'd be supportive of, but just can't see how there's any alignment between taking up shares from the new issue and contributing to this fund

Of course we all want to see players arriving who'll help push us forward, but the vagaries of football life could result in the funds contributing to the acquisition of a player who then immediately gets injured, whilst the general finances of the club remain an albatross round all our necks

I'd assumed DA that "Squad builder" will be about transfer fees - isn't it about just about day-to-day wages to increase the squad depth between now and the end of the season?

Assuming this is accurate:
2023-2024 Squad by HullDale 10 Aug 2023 17:17
* denotes player in on loan
Italics highlight 2nd year scholar

GK Louie Moulden - Summer 2024*
GK Brad Kelly - Summer 2024
GK Lennon MacLorg - Summer 2024

LB/CB/RB Jimmy Keohane - Summer 2024
LB / LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024
CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
CB Kyle Ferguson - Summer 2025
CB George Nevett - Summer 2026
RB Kwaku Oduroh - Summer 2024*

CDM Adam Clayton - Summer 2024
CM Harvey Gilmour - Summer 2025
CM Tommy McDermott - January 2024*
CM Brooklyn Bailey - Summer 2024
CAM / LW Oscar Kelly - Summer 2024
CAM/CF Tyrese Sinclair - Summer 2024
LW/CF Darren Ehimamiegho - Summer 2024
LW / RW Michael Afuye - Summer 2024

CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024
CF Ian Henderson - Summer 2024
CF Kairo Mitchell - Summer 2025
WF Moe Shubbar - Summer 2024

If you look at the current squad at 1st January, I think we are in the place where:

Not our players:
Moulden, Odouroh, McDermott

Out of contract at the end of the season and can theoretically sign for another club from 1st January:
Kelly, MacLorg, Keohane, John, Ebanks-Landell, Taylor, Clayton, Henderson, Rodney, Afuye, Sinclair

Out of contract at the end of the season but under 23:
Nevett, Ehimamiegho, Kelly, Bailey,

Contracted for next season:
Uchegbulam, Mitchell, Ferguson, Gilmour, East.

Notwithstanding that we might sell one or more of Nevett, Keohane, Kelly or Ehimamiegho in January, we look to end the season with 5 contracted players for 2024/25 and I think only Gilmour and East have played league football.

The general finances of the club will be fine from the end of June 2024 but we will have no players!

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 17:13 - Dec 31 with 2256 viewsD_Alien

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 17:00 - Dec 31 by RAFCBLUE

I'd assumed DA that "Squad builder" will be about transfer fees - isn't it about just about day-to-day wages to increase the squad depth between now and the end of the season?

Assuming this is accurate:
2023-2024 Squad by HullDale 10 Aug 2023 17:17
* denotes player in on loan
Italics highlight 2nd year scholar

GK Louie Moulden - Summer 2024*
GK Brad Kelly - Summer 2024
GK Lennon MacLorg - Summer 2024

LB/CB/RB Jimmy Keohane - Summer 2024
LB / LCB Cameron John - Summer 2024
CB Ethan Ebanks-Landell - Summer 2024
CB Max Taylor - Summer 2024
CB Kyle Ferguson - Summer 2025
CB George Nevett - Summer 2026
RB Kwaku Oduroh - Summer 2024*

CDM Adam Clayton - Summer 2024
CM Harvey Gilmour - Summer 2025
CM Tommy McDermott - January 2024*
CM Brooklyn Bailey - Summer 2024
CAM / LW Oscar Kelly - Summer 2024
CAM/CF Tyrese Sinclair - Summer 2024
LW/CF Darren Ehimamiegho - Summer 2024
LW / RW Michael Afuye - Summer 2024

CF Devante Rodney - Summer 2024
CF Ian Henderson - Summer 2024
CF Kairo Mitchell - Summer 2025
WF Moe Shubbar - Summer 2024

If you look at the current squad at 1st January, I think we are in the place where:

Not our players:
Moulden, Odouroh, McDermott

Out of contract at the end of the season and can theoretically sign for another club from 1st January:
Kelly, MacLorg, Keohane, John, Ebanks-Landell, Taylor, Clayton, Henderson, Rodney, Afuye, Sinclair

Out of contract at the end of the season but under 23:
Nevett, Ehimamiegho, Kelly, Bailey,

Contracted for next season:
Uchegbulam, Mitchell, Ferguson, Gilmour, East.

Notwithstanding that we might sell one or more of Nevett, Keohane, Kelly or Ehimamiegho in January, we look to end the season with 5 contracted players for 2024/25 and I think only Gilmour and East have played league football.

The general finances of the club will be fine from the end of June 2024 but we will have no players!

I'd assume RAFCBLUE that if "our general finances will be fine from the end of June 2024" then we'll have players too

Although tbh, i'm not assuming anything

Additional letter to shareholders / 50,000 shares now on sale on 16:24 - Jan 4 with 1404 viewswindowsbug2002

I've still had no response regarding my lack of agm notification despite emailing the club several days before the event.
I've had no details about these extra shares available either.
It shows (to me) what this club actually cares about its fans and more importantly its shareholders that actually have a financial stake in the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024