Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM - which way are you voting? 19:28 - Feb 26 with 21339 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

EGM - which way are you voting? on 19:50 - Feb 26 with 5307 viewskel

Can we have a ‘none of your business’ option at all?
EGM - which way are you voting? on 19:55 - Feb 26 with 5278 views442Dale

I don’t think things like this help unite the fan base. We all want what’s best for our football club.
[Post edited 26 Feb 19:57]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:21 - Feb 26 with 5202 viewsBrierls

EGM - which way are you voting? on 19:50 - Feb 26 by kel

Can we have a ‘none of your business’ option at all?

Go with ‘Undecided’.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:26 - Feb 26 with 5166 viewsD_Alien

If i were the BoD, i wouldn't take much notice of the outcome of this "poll"

If, for instance, they looked at it and decided they need take no further notice of any questions arising from the fanbase (especially via the Trust), they'd be making a big mistake

In fact, i suspect that's precisely why this poll was started. To reach Damascus, you need to take the right road

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 5096 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:26 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

If, for instance, they looked at it and decided they need take no further notice of any questions arising from the fanbase (especially via the Trust), they'd be making a big mistake

In fact, i suspect that's precisely why this poll was started. To reach Damascus, you need to take the right road

It's shareholders who decide whether or not the EGM motions pass.

Like in General Elections, polls are only indicative and its the voting on the day that counts. People tend to be dishonest in polls about their real intentions too.

Some shareholders also have a bigger % say than others, it's not one member one vote if a poll vote is actioned.

The Trust is 13% of the shareholder list. Individuals can and will make their own minds up.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 5087 viewstony_roch975

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:26 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

absolutely - "no complacency... we'll fight for every vote" should be their mantra.Do you take sugar with your conspiracy theories DA?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:40 - Feb 26 with 5045 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:35 - Feb 26 by tony_roch975

absolutely - "no complacency... we'll fight for every vote" should be their mantra.Do you take sugar with your conspiracy theories DA?

There's no sugar-coating this one tr

With the vote not till a week on Thursday, this poll - right now - would be pointless unless it's been set to test the water

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:48 - Feb 26 with 5003 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:40 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

There's no sugar-coating this one tr

With the vote not till a week on Thursday, this poll - right now - would be pointless unless it's been set to test the water

How can it "test the water" DA.

If you listened at the Trust meeting, the options if the motions do not pass are quite stark.

There has been one good piece of communication form the Board and another good piece of communication from the Trust.

The Trust meeting was hijacked a bit by Simon Danzcuk, who was standing for the election and wasn't accessible to any Trust exile who couldn't get to the Ratcliffe for 2pm on Sunday.

None of those things are going to change the motions being voted on between now and next Tuesday (if voting by proxy) or next Thursday if voting in person.

Login to get fewer ads

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:49 - Feb 26 with 4997 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:48 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

If you listened at the Trust meeting, the options if the motions do not pass are quite stark.

There has been one good piece of communication form the Board and another good piece of communication from the Trust.

The Trust meeting was hijacked a bit by Simon Danzcuk, who was standing for the election and wasn't accessible to any Trust exile who couldn't get to the Ratcliffe for 2pm on Sunday.

None of those things are going to change the motions being voted on between now and next Tuesday (if voting by proxy) or next Thursday if voting in person.

Clearly, you weren't listening at the Trust meeting

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:54 - Feb 26 with 4941 viewspioneer

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:48 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

You only have to register a proxy by next Tuesday…..the proxy casts your vote at the Thursday meeting, the same as other shareholders.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 4934 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:54 - Feb 26 by pioneer

You only have to register a proxy by next Tuesday…..the proxy casts your vote at the Thursday meeting, the same as other shareholders.

If we do loan him out, it'll be a couple of tiers further down the pyramid - at least a couple
[Post edited 26 Feb 20:56]

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:58 - Feb 26 with 4902 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:49 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Clearly, you weren't listening at the Trust meeting

It's a bit difficult to listen DA when your relying on the web link and I know I wasn't the only one.

And there in is an issue; the majority of Trust's near 1,100 members were not there on Sunday, but would love to hear more about it.

Some of those Trust members will be direct shareholders of small shareholdings making their mind up. All 1,100 members get a vote in the Trust poll which will determine where 13% of the votes on the night end up.

Potentially, the most important decisions since 1907 may be taken by next Tuesday for most voting by proxy, since getting to the club for a Thursday at 7.30pm is as impractical as for a Sunday at 2pm.

The seagulls follow the trawler but the ostrich really does risk burying its head in the sand.

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:03 - Feb 26 with 4868 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:58 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

It's a bit difficult to listen DA when your relying on the web link and I know I wasn't the only one.

And there in is an issue; the majority of Trust's near 1,100 members were not there on Sunday, but would love to hear more about it.

Some of those Trust members will be direct shareholders of small shareholdings making their mind up. All 1,100 members get a vote in the Trust poll which will determine where 13% of the votes on the night end up.

Potentially, the most important decisions since 1907 may be taken by next Tuesday for most voting by proxy, since getting to the club for a Thursday at 7.30pm is as impractical as for a Sunday at 2pm.

The seagulls follow the trawler but the ostrich really does risk burying its head in the sand.

So asking me whether i was listening was just bollox then, when you weren't / weren't able to?

Nothing in that post we don't know, but i'll give you some credit for making the "mangled cliche" team of the week

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:03 - Feb 26 with 4860 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 20:54 - Feb 26 by pioneer

Correct.

How many of the club's small shareholders in the over 600 are going to be able to be in the room next Thursday?

The majority (in terms of number of shareholders) will vote by proxy.

The reality is that most shareholders are not going to be there than be there, but its important they have the chance to vote in as an informed way as possible.

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:06 - Feb 26 with 4838 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:03 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

Correct.

How many of the club's small shareholders in the over 600 are going to be able to be in the room next Thursday?

The majority (in terms of number of shareholders) will vote by proxy.

The reality is that most shareholders are not going to be there than be there, but its important they have the chance to vote in as an informed way as possible.

Which is why it's best to wait until any possible further information emerges from the questions the Trust are forwarding to the BoD

Glad you've had your Road to Damascus moment

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:08 - Feb 26 with 4822 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:06 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Which is why it's best to wait until any possible further information emerges from the questions the Trust are forwarding to the BoD

I've been a member of the converted for some time DA.

The problem with the "best to wait" theories is that time doesn't wait.

Are the Trust publishing these questions they are fowarding or are they secret?

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:12 - Feb 26 with 4804 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:08 - Feb 26 by RAFCBLUE

I've been a member of the converted for some time DA.

The problem with the "best to wait" theories is that time doesn't wait.

Are the Trust publishing these questions they are fowarding or are they secret?

They'll be instrumental in assisting in any further comms from the Trust - which is why they're going to be asked, rather than kicking your own arse by trying to pre-empt the process of decision-making

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:16 - Feb 26 with 4788 viewsRAFCBLUE

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:12 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

They'll be instrumental in assisting in any further comms from the Trust - which is why they're going to be asked, rather than kicking your own arse by trying to pre-empt the process of decision-making

I guess all that we can do then is wait and see what lands in the inbox.

I'm encouraged you think they'll be instrumental even though I'm still clear that whatever they are, they aren't actually able to change the motions to be voted on by proxies for next Tuesday!

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:17 - Feb 26 with 4777 viewsBrierls

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:06 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

If/when the questions are asked and answered, it’ll no doubt be best to wait until the inevitable follow-up questions are asked and answered, and then it’s best…

Before we know it, you have created a situation of confusion from the clearest message to come from the BoD since they joined.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:03 - Feb 26 with 4653 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 21:17 - Feb 26 by Brierls

If/when the questions are asked and answered, it’ll no doubt be best to wait until the inevitable follow-up questions are asked and answered, and then it’s best…

Before we know it, you have created a situation of confusion from the clearest message to come from the BoD since they joined.

Yeah, Dale fans are just too thick to be able to make a decision on the basis of anything but the most basic information

Right?

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:19 - Feb 26 with 4593 viewsBrierls

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:03 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Yeah, Dale fans are just too thick to be able to make a decision on the basis of anything but the most basic information

Right?

No. I didn’t say anything about the intelligence of our fan base. That’s a pretty pathetic attempt at twisting what was said, even by your standards.

The fan base has been crying out for a clear message from the BoD. It was delivered. It was brutal. Then came news of potential investment and as much as an endorsement that an independent Trust could give while still exercising caution. I’m not sure what else, of substance, there is to know when the message is so clear.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:23 - Feb 26 with 4563 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:19 - Feb 26 by Brierls

No. I didn’t say anything about the intelligence of our fan base. That’s a pretty pathetic attempt at twisting what was said, even by your standards.

The fan base has been crying out for a clear message from the BoD. It was delivered. It was brutal. Then came news of potential investment and as much as an endorsement that an independent Trust could give while still exercising caution. I’m not sure what else, of substance, there is to know when the message is so clear.

"Even by my standards" huh?

Stop shitting yourself Brierls, and just let the process work itself out in the days ahead

My message is straightforward: absolutely no point making a decision until you need to - then make it on the basis of all the available information at the time - which may or may not include additional information

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:27 - Feb 26 with 4516 viewsBrierls

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:23 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

Stop shitting yourself Brierls, and just let the process work itself out in the days ahead

My message is straightforward: absolutely no point making a decision until you need to - then make it on the basis of all the available information at the time - which may or may not include additional information

Yes. Even by your standards.

I am shitting myself, there’s no doubt about it. I want this club to survive. But the tin foil remains in the kitchen cupboard.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:30 - Feb 26 with 4488 viewsBrierls

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:23 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

“ My message is straightforward: absolutely no point making a decision until you need to - then make it on the basis of all the available information at the time - which may or may not include additional information”

That’ll be ‘UNDECIDED’ then. It would have been much easier just to click that.
EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:32 - Feb 26 with 4471 viewsD_Alien

EGM - which way are you voting? on 22:27 - Feb 26 by Brierls

Yes. Even by your standards.

I am shitting myself, there’s no doubt about it. I want this club to survive. But the tin foil remains in the kitchen cupboard.

We can smell the stench from some distance

Of course, none of us who disagree with you want the club to survive?

I might vote Yes to the EGM proposals, btw - haven't decided yet, and you and the rest can shit yourselves till there's nowt left but that won't change

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024