Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David ball 20:43 - Jul 9 with 3708 viewsONTHEUP

According to sky he's about to sign for fleetwood would anybody liked to see him at the dale I wouldn't have minded him to come
David ball on 20:47 - Jul 9 with 3688 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

it were just like eyre said posh would of added an extra 0 to what they originally paid for him so he would of been out of our price range anyhow

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

David ball on 20:55 - Jul 9 with 3646 viewsmacro

Finances dictate that he's an unattainable player
David ball on 21:00 - Jul 9 with 3630 views442Dale

David ball on 20:47 - Jul 9 by DaleAwaydayBot

it were just like eyre said posh would of added an extra 0 to what they originally paid for him so he would of been out of our price range anyhow

We wasted so much time trying to sign Ball and even when he was here he wasn't used properly.

Clearly has a good football brain, but not the right player then or now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

David ball on 21:15 - Jul 9 with 3590 viewsD_Dale

David ball on 20:47 - Jul 9 by DaleAwaydayBot

What did Posh pay Man City? If £30k, would Fleetwood pay £300K?

His goalscoring record isn't brilliant - 14 goals in 73 league appearances (including 41 as a sub.). But with Dale he got 3 goals in 7 appearances, the equivalent over a season of, say, 42 appearances would be 18 goals which would be very acceptable.

So we await the next candidate for the strikers role ....
David ball on 07:56 - Jul 10 with 3388 viewselectricblue

I think ball would be a decent L2 player and scorer once he starts to bang them in he could be a 20 goals a seaaon man at this level.

On thia point though and i yhink im on my own with this dickenson qould play well along up front with ball..
Providing dickenson as got over the broken ankle..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

David ball on 16:51 - Jul 17 with 3046 viewsinthenet

David ball on 07:56 - Jul 10 by electricblue

I think ball would be a decent L2 player and scorer once he starts to bang them in he could be a 20 goals a seaaon man at this level.

On thia point though and i yhink im on my own with this dickenson qould play well along up front with ball..

could be a shout...

Rastrickblue

David ball on 19:06 - Jul 17 with 2889 viewsseasidedale

I recall Eyre saying that Man City had a 50% sell on clause which pushes the price up
David ball on 08:58 - Jul 18 with 2782 viewsdavidab2202

Seemed to have seen a figure of £150,000 quoted somewhere in the media
Login to get fewer ads

David ball on 09:47 - Jul 18 with 2734 viewsrafc1977

David ball on 07:56 - Jul 10 by electricblue

We have a 20 a season man, we just havnt tapped into his mindset as of yet (who has) but get in Grimes head and get him at it, and yes (IMO) build the team around him, he will EASY give you 20 goals and fetch one hell of a transfer fee. In terms of natural finishing and just being in that right place, although we have probably only seen 30% of what he is capable of we have seen that 'fox in the box' footballing mind from. Scary when you think if you get him buying into the club and ethos and hes firing at 100%, as I say hell of a player, but maybe like a lot of others wont realise his potential....his choice. Over to you Ash.
David ball on 17:39 - Jul 19 with 2539 viewsrafc1984

Someone has posted on our favorite rumour site that Ball is to join our Austria trip. Personally I cant see it myself, but the proposed move to fleetwood seems to have quietened down.
David ball on 18:13 - Jul 19 with 2493 viewsolympicdale

David ball on 17:39 - Jul 19 by rafc1984

Someone has posted on our favorite rumour site that Ball is to join our Austria trip. Personally I cant see it myself, but the proposed move to fleetwood seems to have quietened down.

pigs..........fly

Life is a game of fate.

David ball on 18:21 - Jul 19 with 2482 viewsChaffRAFC

I wouldn't want us shelling out anything like £150,000 on David Ball. He's a good player on his day but he's very similar to Grimes and there are more affordable options available.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

David ball on 18:24 - Jul 19 with 2471 viewsolympicdale

David ball on 18:21 - Jul 19 by ChaffRAFC

I wouldn't want us shelling out anything like £150,000 on David Ball. He's a good player on his day but he's very similar to Grimes and there are more affordable options available.

I'd guess an offer of half that would get him, Fleetwood were paying well over the odds, Ball was the only strike partner who managed to get the best out of Grimes, they seemed to work well together.

Life is a game of fate.

David ball on 18:26 - Jul 19 with 2474 viewsSuddenLad

David ball on 18:21 - Jul 19 by ChaffRAFC

Can't see any reason anyone would travel to Austria for what would be a 3-day training session and a practice match. Not going to happen.

...............unless Ashley Grimes is travelling in the opposite direction.

We don't want - or need - both of them in the same side.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

David ball on 19:11 - Jul 19 with 2415 views442Dale

David ball on 18:24 - Jul 19 by olympicdale

I'd guess an offer of half that would get him, Fleetwood were paying well over the odds, Ball was the only strike partner who managed to get the best out of Grimes, they seemed to work well together.

But only in a 4-4-2.

David ball on 19:38 - Jul 19 with 2383 viewsolympicdale

David ball on 19:11 - Jul 19 by 442Dale

But only in a 4-4-2.

the formation Eyre 'stumbled on', yeah that one.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

David ball on 20:55 - Jul 19 with 2331 views442Dale

David ball on 19:38 - Jul 19 by olympicdale

the formation Eyre 'stumbled on', yeah that one.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Which he then didn't bother using at Notts County a couple of weeks later and played both Ball and Grimes wide.

Ball impressed sporadically, he's certainly not what we need anymore.

David ball on 16:41 - Jul 23 with 2197 viewsDalern

http://www.theposh.com//news/article/20120723-ball-on-the-move-260434.aspx

3 year deal signed at Fleetwood one less to think about

Up The Dale
David ball on 17:01 - Jul 23 with 2181 viewsChaffRAFC

David ball on 18:24 - Jul 19 by olympicdale

Wouldn't have paid half of it for him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

David ball on 17:05 - Jul 23 with 2170 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Confirmed by Fleetwood Town for a undisclosed fee but is subject to a medical tomorrow morning

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/2012/07/23/town-on-the-ball/

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

David ball on 17:08 - Jul 23 with 2156 viewsmacro

loan spells of two halves, first excellent, second poor
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024