Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New OS design this Afternoon 13:18 - Jul 31 with 8633 viewsheywooddale

The New look OS will be implemented this afternoon.

Is everyone excited???
New OS design this Afternoon on 13:27 - Jul 31 with 5712 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

this has to be i told you so moment

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:52 - Jul 31 with 5635 viewsolympicdale

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:27 - Jul 31 by DaleAwaydayBot

1 out of 1000 aint that bad.

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:55 - Jul 31 with 5635 viewsisitme

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:27 - Jul 31 by DaleAwaydayBot

Clinton Baptiste eat your heart out!
New OS design this Afternoon on 15:26 - Jul 31 with 5517 views442Dale

If it's like the rest they had better be prepared for even less visitors. The sites look a mess.

Match reports aren't on one page, you click page 2 and it just extends the article rather than load a new page! Why not just put it on one page?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New OS design this Afternoon on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 5431 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I hope someone takes this opportunity to tidy up the OS.

There's lots of old stuff lurking around.

Things can only get better.
New OS design this Afternoon on 16:58 - Jul 31 with 5369 viewslurker

New site is now live.
Hope you like squares!

New OS design this Afternoon on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 5295 viewsolympicdale

New OS design this Afternoon on 16:58 - Jul 31 by lurker

New site is now live.
Hope you like squares!

hasnt changed for me

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:35 - Jul 31 with 5201 viewsboromat

It had changed before seems to have reverted back

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:39 - Jul 31 with 5182 viewsolympicdale

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:35 - Jul 31 by boromat

It had changed before seems to have reverted back

someone sat on the wrong switch.

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:44 - Jul 31 with 5167 viewsisitme

That new design is shocking on so many levels. It will not be long before it appears on webpagesthatsuck.

That cannot be the work of an alleged professional company?
New OS design this Afternoon on 19:48 - Jul 31 with 5157 views442Dale

Still showing old design for me. And that's using the link from the twitter account promoting the new site!

They might want to give a further update on twitter.

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:50 - Jul 31 with 5146 viewsisitme

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:48 - Jul 31 by 442Dale

Still showing old design for me. And that's using the link from the twitter account promoting the new site!

They might want to give a further update on twitter.

It is saying something when the old design is markedly better than the new one.
New OS design this Afternoon on 20:04 - Jul 31 with 5119 views442Dale

New OS design this Afternoon on 19:50 - Jul 31 by isitme

It is saying something when the old design is markedly better than the new one.

Don't think it's anything the clubs can do if the site providers are insisting everyone changes over. They can make sure they email problems and complaints back to them regularly though.

New OS design this Afternoon on 20:47 - Jul 31 with 5054 views442Dale

It's on now. And still not loading properly on phone.

That apart, it looks as poor as all the rest. How can clubs be happy working with such a product?

Any effective marketing team will be going mad that they are having to rely on something like that.

New OS design this Afternoon on 21:00 - Jul 31 with 5030 viewsdribdrab

That is utter shite, or rather it was. Mine seems to have just reverted the the old pile of shite website.

A basic pre-requisite for a website is that it works, and works quickly, especially if the club is selling stuff through the site.

Surely every club that has this pile of bollox will have complained.

I really can't believe that you can take a pile of shite and make it more shite!
New OS design this Afternoon on 21:03 - Jul 31 with 5022 viewsolympicdale

New OS design this Afternoon on 21:00 - Jul 31 by dribdrab

That is utter shite, or rather it was. Mine seems to have just reverted the the old pile of shite website.

A basic pre-requisite for a website is that it works, and works quickly, especially if the club is selling stuff through the site.

Surely every club that has this pile of bollox will have complained.

I really can't believe that you can take a pile of shite and make it more shite!

so you think its shite?

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 21:05 - Jul 31 with 5008 views442Dale

It also appears to have started from fresh. Any old pages saved in bookmarks just go to the Homepage Of Doom (tm)

Views from Notts County fans:
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2114364119

This post is quite informative:

Posted 30 Jul 2012 09:22
re: The Official Site - Again
Morning folks,

Just to clarify a couple of things, the new website, as with the previous incarnation, is supplied by Football League interactive (FLi) to all member clubs who sign up to their service, which is the vast majority.

The deadline for migration to the new design is July 31st (tomorrow), so all clubs should be live with the new look site by the end of this week.

As part of the design process, we were presented with three design options, of which we were asked to choose one. We felt that the design that we have chosen was the best of the three on offer, a decision backed by the fact that the vast majority of clubs have also opted for this option.

There is no possibility of the site returning to the previous design, as this was designed by a company called Perform, whose contract with FLi, for the official sites specifically (they still do the Magpie Player site), is now expired and the new design is provided by a new supplier, Sapient Nitro.

Rest assured, I am fully aware that there has been a lot of negative feedback and I have been relaying this back to FLi as often as possible, along with a number of complaints that I had regarding the functionality of the website, both front end and back office.

I can assure you that they are working on improving all areas of the site and we have seen a great deal of progress already, more specifically in the back office where we input stories, create pages, etc, but we have also been assured that developments will be made to make the site more accessible and quicker.

Sapient Nitro and FLi are actually currently in the process of monitoring access speeds and are due to report back to us with their findings shortly, so we will look to feedback any information we get from this.

We have also been told that the mobile website will be launched in September, making the site much more accessible on phones and mobile devices. Again, this isn't ideal, but it is some comfort that we can expect an improvement in the near future.

As I say, a lot of the transfer has been a great source of frustration for us, as a media team, especially as we put so much work into getting the new site ready within the new template, but work is on-going and we will continue to feedback to FLi with our concerns and of course your own, to try and develop the site to be much more user friendly and engaging.

We would have liked a lot of these issues to have been tested and rectified before we went live with the new site, but this was out of our hands and now all we can do is work with FLi and Sapient Nitro as best we can to get the site up to scratch as soon as possible.

The pagination of stories has proved to be a major topic for discussion amongst club media staff, with pretty much everyone wanting this changing, so we will continue to push for this to be altered or at the very least improved as it does seem to be universally unpopular.

There is always going to be a period of transition with new website designs though and the new look will always take a little getting used to, but as I say, we had hoped that this would have gone more smoothly on this occasion.

I will raise the issue of identifying Magpie Player stories on the front page with FLi this morning and let you know as soon as I hear anything on that.

Thanks

JD

------------------------

And that's the best one of three designs?!?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

New OS design this Afternoon on 01:21 - Aug 1 with 4860 viewsBazzanne

I must be odd, i don't mind the new OS at all!
New OS design this Afternoon on 09:58 - Aug 1 with 4744 viewsDorsetDale

Just had first look.

Dear oh dear!!

When loading it comes up with "this is the official page of Rochdale AFC FC!! (or words to that effect)

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

New OS design this Afternoon on 10:05 - Aug 1 with 4733 views442Dale

New OS design this Afternoon on 09:58 - Aug 1 by DorsetDale

Just had first look.

Dear oh dear!!

When loading it comes up with "this is the official page of Rochdale AFC FC!! (or words to that effect)

Yeah, that particularly irritating box that comes up on each visit make you click 'Enter Rochdale AFC FC'

New OS design this Afternoon on 12:37 - Aug 1 with 4640 viewsolympicdale

never thought i'd say this, I miss the old one, at least everything loaded and looked like a proper professional club website.

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:38 - Aug 1 with 4583 viewsheywooddale

New OS design this Afternoon on 12:37 - Aug 1 by olympicdale

never thought i'd say this, I miss the old one, at least everything loaded and looked like a proper professional club website.

It'd look a hell of a lot better if the different section weren't black on a black background. Looks unfinished (which I guess it probably is)
New OS design this Afternoon on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 4547 viewsolympicdale

New OS design this Afternoon on 13:38 - Aug 1 by heywooddale

It'd look a hell of a lot better if the different section weren't black on a black background. Looks unfinished (which I guess it probably is)

why is it that some clubs are still using the old design, if the people who made those, contracts have run out, how many use this new design in the FL.

Life is a game of fate.

New OS design this Afternoon on 14:37 - Aug 1 with 4503 viewsDoolan_Is_God

It's certainly...shinier than the old site! I think it has the potential to be much better than the old site.
New OS design this Afternoon on 14:39 - Aug 1 with 4496 views442Dale

New OS design this Afternoon on 14:37 - Aug 1 by Doolan_Is_God

It's certainly...shinier than the old site! I think it has the potential to be much better than the old site.

Not having a match report on from last night's game is a great start.

And it's reverted back to the old design on my phone.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024