Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First band you saw live 20:35 - Jan 26 with 25486 viewsjoecooke

Saw this one on another forum and thought it was a belter.Got to be at a proper venue.

Mine was for my sins Haircut 100 around 82 at the Apollo .(free tickets obviously!)

Fortunately i managed to see The specials about 6 months later.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

First band you saw live on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 2803 viewsYouTubeDale

Rainbow in 1980 or 1981 at Manchester Appollo singing Since You've been gone. Ritchie Blackmore smashed his gleaming white guitar on stage.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

First band you saw live on 18:55 - Jan 27 with 2791 viewsDorsetDale

First band you saw live on 16:13 - Jan 27 by roccydaleian

1979, according to Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deeply_Vale_Festivals

Cheers, actually thought they started before 1976.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

First band you saw live on 19:35 - Jan 27 with 2775 viewsChaffRAFC

The

erm

Spice Girls

*In my defence, I had to take my sister!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

First band you saw live on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 2762 viewsBigKindo

Free Trade Hall. Count Basie with a backing singer called, err, Tony Benett, Does Dave Brubeck count as a band?
First band you saw live on 20:03 - Jan 27 with 2750 viewsgresh1

AC/DC Manchester Apollo. The Back in Black tour.
First band you saw live on 08:21 - Jan 28 with 2717 viewsBlueDutch

Mine was around 1979 at a place we all religiously attend, but embarrassment prevents me naming the group/band.

upthedale.nl

First band you saw live on 09:20 - Jan 28 with 2710 viewsMorden

First band you saw live on 08:21 - Jan 28 by BlueDutch

Mine was around 1979 at a place we all religiously attend, but embarrassment prevents me naming the group/band.

I know Motorhead played at Spotland round about that time. But I assume you wouldn't think that too embarrassing - so who was the band you did go to see?
First band you saw live on 10:37 - Jan 28 with 2697 viewsJumeirahDale

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Awesome.
Login to get fewer ads

First band you saw live on 15:57 - Jan 28 with 2669 viewsBarryStrange

I'd like to be able to say that it was the Manics at the MEN in 1997 (Everything Must Go tour - they released the gig as a video) but that was 6 weeks or so after I saw Eternal at the same venue.

That's unless you count Shine 5 one-hit indie wonders Blameless who I saw at school in 1995. Which I generally don't.
First band you saw live on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2650 viewsdalefertcup2

Tractor Chapness Hall '75 or '76. Boring as owt.

The UFO Free Trade Hall '76 - even worse

Thankfully A Bunch of Stiffs turned up.................
First band you saw live on 17:19 - Jan 28 with 2645 viewsfitzochris

First band you saw live on 15:57 - Jan 28 by BarryStrange

I'd like to be able to say that it was the Manics at the MEN in 1997 (Everything Must Go tour - they released the gig as a video) but that was 6 weeks or so after I saw Eternal at the same venue.

That's unless you count Shine 5 one-hit indie wonders Blameless who I saw at school in 1995. Which I generally don't.

I was at that gig. Mansun supported, who were awesome. A little know Embrace were on the bill too... and Audioweb (remember them?)

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

First band you saw live on 19:48 - Jan 28 with 2624 viewsfermin

Never been much of a one for going to gigs. However, the first band I saw live was Anhrefn doing a short set in a tent at the National Eisteddfod. Can't be certain about the date but I think it was 1993 in Builth Wells (either that or Newport in 1988).
First band you saw live on 23:09 - Jan 28 with 2603 viewsThreeLions

First band you saw live on 17:19 - Jan 28 by fitzochris

I was at that gig. Mansun supported, who were awesome. A little know Embrace were on the bill too... and Audioweb (remember them?)

I remember them, did a great cover of the clash's bankrobber
First band you saw live on 23:45 - Jan 28 with 2596 viewsdingdangblue

Got to go on TFI Friday when it was on in the late 90's and Audioweb were one of the live bands! 1st ever gig was The Wonder Stuff at Manchester G-Mex 12/11/91

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

First band you saw live on 06:03 - Jan 29 with 2580 viewsColDale

used to think their "Sleeper" was one the best songs ever at the time. Listening to it now, it's alright but think I got a bit carried away.
First band you saw live on 09:13 - Jan 29 with 2553 viewsirisaln

It must be nice to be young!

Mine was the Ted Heath big band, Manchester Hippadrome,
Sunday night concert, Circa 1950!!!!!
First band you saw live on 09:57 - Jan 29 with 2543 viewsBarryStrange

That Audioweb cover of Bankrobber is brilliant. Last track on Shine 8.

Of course turning up nice and early as 14 year olds me and my mate had never heard of Embrace, who were first on. And, let's be honest, have a stupid name for someone who isn't a boy band.

Within about 30 seconds of All You Good Good People chiming up I remember thinking "yeah, they're surprisingly good these". Still feel that track stands the test of time.

Vaguely recall the pyrotechnics going nuts during some part of the Mansun set but I can't remember what.

For those of you that knew him (there are a fair few on here), a honourable mention for my Dad; he lied to get me out of his parents' golden wedding do so I could go to that gig.
First band you saw live on 11:21 - Jan 29 with 2534 viewsste1

Bob Dylan

On a pale blue dot

First band you saw live on 11:33 - Jan 29 with 2530 viewsfollon

First band you saw live on 17:12 - Jan 28 by dalefertcup2

Tractor Chapness Hall '75 or '76. Boring as owt.

The UFO Free Trade Hall '76 - even worse

Thankfully A Bunch of Stiffs turned up.................

first gig was the Tractor and SFW at Chappy Hall, pure crap.
Luckily for us under age kids, Middy Civic had loads of Punk bands on from May 1977 and remember the Drones at Deeply Vale same year, plus bunch of Stiffs minus Wreckless Eric at Chappy Hall.
First band you saw live on 12:18 - Jan 29 with 2512 viewsThreeLions

First band you saw live on 11:33 - Jan 29 by follon

Luckily for us under age kids, Middy Civic had loads of Punk bands on from May 1977 and remember the Drones at Deeply Vale same year, plus bunch of Stiffs minus Wreckless Eric at Chappy Hall.

Blimey T, showing yer age there pal
First band you saw live on 13:34 - Jan 29 with 2493 viewssussex_dale

Ian Dury and The Blockheads, 1978, Brighton Top Rank, with Matumbi (Reggae band) and Whirlwid (Rockabilly band) supporting - cost a whole £5!!!

I then saw him on the Mr Love Pants tour which was his last before his death. The man was a true showman, and I was/am addicted to live music ever since...

Best gig - Buzzcocks at Brighton Top Rank that ended in a riot, but thats another story!!
First band you saw live on 14:39 - Jan 29 with 2482 viewsfinberty

First band you saw live on 23:13 - Jan 26 by dalenumber2

Camel, Manchester Free Trade Hall in 1977. Anyone ever heard of them, they were quite big then?

Was going to put Camel 1982 Manchester Apollo, but thought they'd be regarded as too obscure.

This was the SIngle Factor Tour, the one where Andy Latimer was the only remaining original member. I'd gone to watch the drummer Andy Ward, little realising he'd gone off the rails prior to the tour and was replaced by Stuart Tosh. Very good, but not the same.
First band you saw live on 17:27 - Jan 29 with 2455 viewsdalefertcup2

First band you saw live on 11:33 - Jan 29 by follon

...aye some good times at Middleton CH. First I went to there was Ultravox (John Foxx era). Bet you had a ticket for the SPOTs at the Chapness Hall too...
First band you saw live on 19:29 - Jan 29 with 2443 viewsSalwaDale

First band you saw live on 23:09 - Jan 28 by ThreeLions

I remember them, did a great cover of the clash's bankrobber

I've got that on single somewhere. Don't recall any other songs though.

TBBT

First band you saw live on 21:26 - Jul 13 with 1940 viewsphilwolstenholme

First band you saw live on 00:58 - Jan 27 by mikehunt

Screaming Warthog at the Alfred Hall (this was the nickname of a church hall in Newbold) about 1970. The band covered Zappa numbers and the like. Amazing guitarist only 15 but was an apprentice butcher and chopped some of his fingers off. And that was the end of the band.

Or you can have Johnny Winter at the Free Trade Hall

I am that guitarist and I can assure you I still have all my digits. I wasn’t a butcher’s apprentice but did go and work as a commis chef for a while. Happy you found the show so memorable!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024