Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon 17:44 - Jun 23 with 10063 viewsmodelboydave

Can't remember too many tennis threads - so here goes -

1. Anyone on here going ?

2. Who do you think will win men's singles ?

Il go first - yes tue and wed and djorkovic

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Wimbledon on 18:07 - Jun 23 with 5458 viewsChaffRAFC

1. No
2. Don't care but would love to see Andy Murray crash out at the earliest possibly opportunity.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Wimbledon on 18:34 - Jun 23 with 5432 viewsmacro

I'm not going
Hope Murray wins

Reckon it'll be Williams and Nadal as champs though
Wimbledon on 19:07 - Jun 23 with 5405 viewsroccydaleian

Wimbledon on 18:07 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

1. No
2. Don't care but would love to see Andy Murray crash out at the earliest possibly opportunity.

Same as Chaff.
Wimbledon on 19:16 - Jun 23 with 5395 viewsolympicdale

1. No
2. Anyone but Murray, would love to see Tsonga win it.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 19:43 - Jun 23 with 5383 viewscy74

No
Murray yes

Look forward to Wimbledon, betting heaven

http://www.matchstat.com/index.php?ControllerName=Compare&Name_Player1=Petra+Cet

This is my bible for the fortnight - a series of lucky 15/63s and with reseasrch you can make some serious cash
Wimbledon on 19:49 - Jun 23 with 5375 viewsRoChDaLe

the reason for the lack of tennis posts is cause its a crap sport which no way really has anything interesting to say about it.

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Wimbledon on 19:55 - Jun 23 with 5372 viewsSuddenLad

Wondered when the annual xenophobic Anti-Murray posts would appear.

God forbid that a British player actually wins Wimbledon. Well, I hope he does.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wimbledon on 20:05 - Jun 23 with 5363 viewsArthurDaley

So that's were women tennis players keep their balls.

A large VAT Dave

Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon on 20:07 - Jun 23 with 5355 viewsChaffRAFC

Wimbledon on 19:55 - Jun 23 by SuddenLad

Wondered when the annual xenophobic Anti-Murray posts would appear.

God forbid that a British player actually wins Wimbledon. Well, I hope he does.

That's precisely it for for me. I don't want a British player to win Wimbledon. I don't like Tennis in the slightest but it really p!$$es me off that fans sit there rallying round one person drinking their Robinsons or Pimms and eating their strawberry's and cream going "yay, go on tiger Tim" etc. It annoys me to the point that I find it utterly amusing when Murray fails. Just like with Henman.

Wimbledon on 20:17 - Jun 23 with 5348 viewscy74

Wimbledon on 20:07 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

That's precisely it for for me. I don't want a British player to win Wimbledon. I don't like Tennis in the slightest but it really p!$$es me off that fans sit there rallying round one person drinking their Robinsons or Pimms and eating their strawberry's and cream going "yay, go on tiger Tim" etc. It annoys me to the point that I find it utterly amusing when Murray fails. Just like with Henman.

But he's a grand slam champion and isn't a failure.
Wimbledon on 20:53 - Jun 23 with 5327 viewsChaffRAFC

Wimbledon on 20:17 - Jun 23 by cy74

But he's a grand slam champion and isn't a failure.

But he's never won the only tournement that 90% of the British public give a toss about.

Wimbledon on 20:58 - Jun 23 with 5323 viewsolympicdale

Wimbledon on 20:07 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

Slightly "amusing" seeing the annual group of pensioners on their day out with often ridiculous headgear bellowing out "come on andy" their faces when he loses is just priceless.

Life is a game of fate.

Wimbledon on 21:19 - Jun 23 with 5310 viewsdownunder

Just come back from a funeral. He was killed when a tennis ball hit him on the head.
It was a great service.
Wimbledon on 21:29 - Jun 23 with 5303 viewsmodelboydave

A lot of people don't like Murray, fair enough, but there are a lot of mis-conceptions about him. Article worth reading is this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-M

As for wimbeldon I'd say this, I have always liked tennis, but footie and cricket are my main sports, I first went to Wimbledon in 2001, was totally hooked. I don't know anyone who has ever been who doesnt want to go back, it's a great day out, the athletism of these guys has to seen close up , it's a gladiatorial sport. Personally it's my favourite day of the whole year and that includes dale matches, it's just a great day out, if you haven't tried it, don't knock it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Wimbledon on 21:50 - Jun 23 with 5282 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't like tennis.
Don't like Murray.

Dull.

Possession with progression.

Wimbledon on 22:02 - Jun 23 with 5267 viewscy74

Wimbledon on 21:29 - Jun 23 by modelboydave

A lot of people don't like Murray, fair enough, but there are a lot of mis-conceptions about him. Article worth reading is this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-M

As for wimbeldon I'd say this, I have always liked tennis, but footie and cricket are my main sports, I first went to Wimbledon in 2001, was totally hooked. I don't know anyone who has ever been who doesnt want to go back, it's a great day out, the athletism of these guys has to seen close up , it's a gladiatorial sport. Personally it's my favourite day of the whole year and that includes dale matches, it's just a great day out, if you haven't tried it, don't knock it.

not going to bother as it's the daily mail
Wimbledon on 22:02 - Jun 23 with 5266 viewsblakeyj

Would love to of gone this week but forget to apply for tickets hope murray wins as i quite like him and dont understand the amount of people that hate him sadly i cant see any winner other than djokovic
Wimbledon on 22:03 - Jun 23 with 5264 viewsDomDale

Not going but would love to. I can't see past Nadal winning this year.

I love this time of year for the massive anti-tennis sentiment. These blokes (and women) are superhuman in levels of fitness, you can't knock it

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Wimbledon on 22:03 - Jun 23 with 5264 viewscy74

Wimbledon on 20:53 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

But he's never won the only tournement that 90% of the British public give a toss about.

But sports fans follow tennis across the year not just for a fortnight
Wimbledon on 22:53 - Jun 23 with 5241 viewspioneer

Not going to wimbers - going to the US open instead - its cheaper (including flight)! Got two days general admission (which includes the #1 court - Louis Armstrong) and two days on Arthur Ashe court. Throw in a NY mets game and a NY Yankees game and a hotel 10 minutes stroll from the tennis and NY mets.

For those who dont like tennis, remember, other than a certain serb, they dont roll over fifteen times feigning injuries.

And lets not forget Andy won it last year - now when was the last time our glorious footballers did us proud at an international tournament?

Wimbledon on 23:06 - Jun 23 with 5234 viewsAtThePeake

Wimbledon on 20:53 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

As I am a ridiculous amount of the time on here, I'm with Chaff.

I'd go further and say it's more than 90%. I know 2 people that actually care about Tennis other than Wimbledon. Yet when Wimbledon is on, the only thing anyone seems to care about is Tennis and Andy Murray.

The miserable, boring personality of the only British contestant doesn't do anything to help my opinion of the sport.

Tangled up in blue.

Wimbledon on 23:25 - Jun 23 with 5217 viewsD_Alien

Hmmm... played a fair bit in my teens and twenties and can honestly say that the gap in terms of skill and athleticism between a top-ranking tennis player and an amateur player is way, way more than between a sunday footballer and a top premiership player.

Have nothing but admiration for the dedication involved, because I know I couldn't have done that.

As far as Murray goes, I find it simply pathetic that some people just can't see beyond the soundbite. He's up there with Sir Bradley Wiggins for me.

Would love to see him win it one day, but don't think it'll be this year. Nadal for me.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wimbledon on 23:37 - Jun 23 with 5199 viewspioneer

Wimbledon on 23:06 - Jun 23 by AtThePeake

As I am a ridiculous amount of the time on here, I'm with Chaff.

I'd go further and say it's more than 90%. I know 2 people that actually care about Tennis other than Wimbledon. Yet when Wimbledon is on, the only thing anyone seems to care about is Tennis and Andy Murray.

The miserable, boring personality of the only British contestant doesn't do anything to help my opinion of the sport.

He has only tried 8 times - how many times have the footballers been trying to win world cups and european championships?

Oh I forgot, in the days before substitutes and colour TV they won one competition , , , playing all their games on their own pitch, . . . on a disputed goal. I think Fred Perry was there to watch it.

Anyway suffice to say Andy Murray has made 4 more grand slam international finals in his short career than the footballers have in 83 years.

As for personailty - Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore etc, all national heroes made snookers Steve Davies sound interesting. You might not like the sport but thats no reason to knock the best tennis player this country has produced in 75 years (and the number 2 ranked palyer in the world).

Wimbledon on 23:47 - Jun 23 with 5193 viewsdalefertcup2

Wimbledon on 23:25 - Jun 23 by D_Alien

Hmmm... played a fair bit in my teens and twenties and can honestly say that the gap in terms of skill and athleticism between a top-ranking tennis player and an amateur player is way, way more than between a sunday footballer and a top premiership player.

Have nothing but admiration for the dedication involved, because I know I couldn't have done that.

As far as Murray goes, I find it simply pathetic that some people just can't see beyond the soundbite. He's up there with Sir Bradley Wiggins for me.

Would love to see him win it one day, but don't think it'll be this year. Nadal for me.

Agree with that. Its a great game to play and like golf you appreciate how good these folk are when you've tried it and then seen them do it.
Murrays anti-English bolleaux from years ago still grates, but I do hope he wins. If he don't then watching the top players play each other is great viewing.

Can't see anyone beating Djokovic (speling sorry)
Wimbledon on 00:43 - Jun 24 with 5178 viewsAtThePeake

Wimbledon on 23:37 - Jun 23 by pioneer

He has only tried 8 times - how many times have the footballers been trying to win world cups and european championships?

Oh I forgot, in the days before substitutes and colour TV they won one competition , , , playing all their games on their own pitch, . . . on a disputed goal. I think Fred Perry was there to watch it.

Anyway suffice to say Andy Murray has made 4 more grand slam international finals in his short career than the footballers have in 83 years.

As for personailty - Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore etc, all national heroes made snookers Steve Davies sound interesting. You might not like the sport but thats no reason to knock the best tennis player this country has produced in 75 years (and the number 2 ranked palyer in the world).

I didn't mean his lack of success - He's won an Olympic gold medal and a Grand Slam (I think that's the right term, cba Googling). Impressive stuff, can't knock that.

I just find it hard to support a man I find so incredibly boring and miserable. It's not quite the same as supporting a football team really is it? I'm not disputing he's a magnificent athlete, but the sport doesn't entertain me as it is, and he does nothing to change that opinion.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024