Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A King again? 20:11 - Nov 16 with 3707 viewsCamdenDale

A Morecombe take on things - "Tutte in the middle just ran the show for Rochdale."

The Prodigal deserves a pat on the back methinks.

A King again? on 20:13 - Nov 16 with 3687 viewsmacro

Funny how different people view the game, I thought in the first half his passing was poor, although he was much improved after the break
A King again? on 21:06 - Nov 16 with 3504 viewsTalkingSutty

Tuttle had a solid game and played his part but what will his reaction be if Hilly subs or decides to rest him which at some stage he will. It's down to Tutte how it pans out because with Hilly individuals mean nothing it's all about the team spirit. I think Tutte needs to be a bit humble and realise there are a few more talented footballers at the club than him and drop the "Hard done by" image, its sickly and childish and makes him look a prat. I am glad he his back in the fold but this has to be his last chance.

This post has been edited by an administrator
A King again? on 21:21 - Nov 16 with 3425 viewsD_Dale

A King again? on 21:06 - Nov 16 by TalkingSutty

Tuttle had a solid game and played his part but what will his reaction be if Hilly subs or decides to rest him which at some stage he will. It's down to Tutte how it pans out because with Hilly individuals mean nothing it's all about the team spirit. I think Tutte needs to be a bit humble and realise there are a few more talented footballers at the club than him and drop the "Hard done by" image, its sickly and childish and makes him look a prat. I am glad he his back in the fold but this has to be his last chance.

On the other hand, hasn't Tutte's contract another 20 months to run? If so, KH probably wants to see him become a first choice midfielder. It might be Dicker who starts to wonder if there's a place for him, if in a few weeks time Hilly decides to find another use for his wage. Incidentally, what became of the ex-Biffoes' player - Lee Croft? - who some thought might sign?
A King again? on 21:55 - Nov 16 with 3337 viewsD_Alien

A King again? on 21:21 - Nov 16 by D_Dale

On the other hand, hasn't Tutte's contract another 20 months to run? If so, KH probably wants to see him become a first choice midfielder. It might be Dicker who starts to wonder if there's a place for him, if in a few weeks time Hilly decides to find another use for his wage. Incidentally, what became of the ex-Biffoes' player - Lee Croft? - who some thought might sign?

I'm not convinced that Dicker is the right player for Dale. There's no doubting his ability, but as someone who's been given the chance to put himself in the shop window, its difficult to say he's grabbing it with both hands. For me, there's something missing - an appetite for the game; the desire to grab hold of the midfield (like Roberts does for Chesterfield) and make the team sing.

Tutte should be trying to grow an extra arm to give himself the chance to grab this ?final opportunity with three hands

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A King again? on 00:40 - Nov 17 with 3140 viewsTVOS1907

A King again? on 21:06 - Nov 16 by TalkingSutty

To be fair, he substituted him at Chesterfield and there was no reaction from Tutte.

I think current evidence shows he's learned his lesson from what happened at Plymouth, but time will tell if he's learned it long-term.

I'm sure we all certainly hope so as Dale benefit in the long run.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A King again? on 00:44 - Nov 17 with 3137 viewsColDale

The petulant bits are easy to handle. The tough bit is making someone undroppable, especially with possible replacements such as Dicker and Hery on the bench. Tutte starts next game.
A King again? on 01:27 - Nov 17 with 3100 viewslove_the_dale

Tutte had a fine game, but I thought that it was Lund who bossed the midfield - constant harassing - just like Cav, but further up the field than the Cav role. MOM was between him and O'Connell. Dicker is a class player, when not pressed, but has got caught in possession a number of times.
A King again? on 10:04 - Nov 17 with 2849 viewsnordenblue

A King again? on 01:27 - Nov 17 by love_the_dale

Tutte had a fine game, but I thought that it was Lund who bossed the midfield - constant harassing - just like Cav, but further up the field than the Cav role. MOM was between him and O'Connell. Dicker is a class player, when not pressed, but has got caught in possession a number of times.

O Connell is as close to a replacement for Dawson we could wish to find,even more so considering age!His range of passing and ability to carry the ball forward is at times frighteningly good not to mention his actual defending,a truly class act.
Login to get fewer ads

A King again? on 10:18 - Nov 17 with 2804 viewsR17ALE

A King again? on 10:04 - Nov 17 by nordenblue

O Connell is as close to a replacement for Dawson we could wish to find,even more so considering age!His range of passing and ability to carry the ball forward is at times frighteningly good not to mention his actual defending,a truly class act.

Agree. We were saying we could not recall a defender who is so accomplished with the ball going forward since Alan Reeves. I don't think any higher compliment can be paid!

Or Hansenesque for the even older ones!

But, O'Connell is first and foremost, a tough gritty defender.

Back on topic, Tutte looked at ease with himself and the team yesterday. He just seemed to be enjoying playing football. I think that's half the battle at our level.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

A King again? on 10:20 - Nov 17 with 2799 viewsfirgrovedale51

A King again? on 01:27 - Nov 17 by love_the_dale

MOM was between Tutte and Lancashire for me
A King again? on 10:28 - Nov 17 with 2785 viewsmidlandsdale

Hill has shown faith in Andrew which few seem to have done since his glitterati years as a city youth. He has been in and out of teams (including ours) as a bit of a homeless soul. After Plymouth I think the Big Issue beckoned for him but as is often the case Hilly has managed to get him focused again.

Some comparisons can be drawn with Grimes in attitude ( some would also say Eyre) in that they think they are owed a life in the game just because they once trod the corridors of Eastlands! I do hope that this is behind him as he is a very good player at this level. Think he needs confidence and also to be played in a way that his attacking strengths are well used. He isn't a holding midfielder is he? But then is Lund after his great season so far? Do we now need one with Hilly's new formation? All great talking points but after the last few games it seems that we have much to look forward too again and the buzz is building every week as we are all starting to see a bit of a second coming. Maybe even better than the first!!
A King again? on 10:45 - Nov 17 with 2747 viewsmaybee

I'm really pleased that Tutte has worked his way back into contention. His inclusion only makes us stronger. The competition for a start in our midfield has NEVER been greater imho.
A King again? on 11:08 - Nov 17 with 2708 viewsaleanddale

good to see all the players enjoying themselves.

For me Lund MOM by a street.
A King again? on 11:11 - Nov 17 with 2696 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A King again? on 10:04 - Nov 17 by nordenblue

Just needs Dawson's knack of getting on the end of set pieces and scoring.

We need to sort out a better deal for O'Connell,there's only a month or so left on the loan deal.
A King again? on 11:55 - Nov 17 with 2613 viewsD_Dale

A King again? on 11:11 - Nov 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Just needs Dawson's knack of getting on the end of set pieces and scoring.

We need to sort out a better deal for O'Connell,there's only a month or so left on the loan deal.

O'Connell is only 19 and hasn't had a senior appearance for Blackburn: would his club want him back in January to be on the subs' bench? But there's a risk that a L1 club, or even a lower Champoinship side, might be keen to have him on loan.

As for the Exeter match, I'm assuming KH has already picked his team: barring injuries, I doubt he'll change yesterday's starting eleven.
A King again? on 12:16 - Nov 17 with 2575 viewsYouTubeDale

Dicker's sloppy pass going forward which then resulted in Chesterfield running up our end and scoring sums him up at the moment. His marking in the box against Wimbledon was woeful. In his own admission he won't go chasing the ball at speed. He seems to have stood still whilst others ,including Tutte, are now passing him by.He is willing to chase the ball at speed. Tutte's trickery and awareness in the middle is quality. He has real pace on the ball and has to be one of the fittest in the club. His attitude, on the face of it, does seem to be more focused and I am sure he is one of the players who will maintain our push. In contrast, if Dicker doesn't climb aboard soon he will be elsewhere in the new year.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

A King again? on 13:25 - Nov 17 with 2465 viewsSandyman

A King again? on 11:08 - Nov 17 by aleanddale

good to see all the players enjoying themselves.

For me Lund MOM by a street.

Agreed, but not by a street - Rose ran him mighty close imho. An Matt Lund will know he should've scored as well but that's football. And once again it was the TEAM that got us the points.

Morecambe's best player was their No 6 or referee Ilderton, especially in the first half. He let them get away with all the pushing, pulling, grabbing, shirt tugging etc etc that they wanted to do. An experienced ref like him should have sorted all that out early on, but he seemed to have an agenda of favouring the home side where possible. Well done Dale for carrying on regardless of such treachery Thought the linesmen did a fine job throughout.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024