Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights 12:38 - Nov 30 with 2932 viewsboromat

After seeing them no complaints with any of the goals. Its hard to be certain but looks like tanser played him onside for the first. Tanser clearly pulls the shirt for the penalty (unnecessary in my opinion). Third goal as we already knew was down to our own mistakes in losing the ball and putting ourselves on the back foot.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Highlights on 13:02 - Nov 30 with 2380 viewsdingdangblue

Surely a tug on the shirt pulls you back - it doesn't make you dive forwards?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Highlights on 13:08 - Nov 30 with 2340 viewsboromat

Highlights on 13:02 - Nov 30 by dingdangblue

Very true but a pull on the shirt is still a foul regardless. Soft yes but so obvious from the refs viewpoint. And the sad state of the game is that without going down he wouldn't have got the penalty he 'deserved'.

Shame that the highlights didn't show our penalty appeal as it looked nailed on to me.

Highlights on 13:09 - Nov 30 with 2337 viewsTalkingSutty

Highlights on 13:02 - Nov 30 by dingdangblue

Surely not tugging the shirt is the better option? Like I said, Tanser could easily have been sent off and that's another suspension. It drives me mad when we keep blaming the officials or the opponents. Let's look closer to home!!
Highlights on 13:10 - Nov 30 with 2332 viewsDaley_Lama

Highlights on 13:08 - Nov 30 by boromat

Very true but a pull on the shirt is still a foul regardless. Soft yes but so obvious from the refs viewpoint. And the sad state of the game is that without going down he wouldn't have got the penalty he 'deserved'.

Shame that the highlights didn't show our penalty appeal as it looked nailed on to me.

20 penalties per game minimum would be given for shirt pulling if fully applied.

The striker bought the penalty by throwing himself forward, nothing new, always annoying when it works for the opposition, always funny when it works for one of ours.

Poll: DF in or out

Highlights on 13:15 - Nov 30 with 2304 viewsboromat

Swings and roundabouts. When it comes to refereeing decisions we're not getting the rub of the green at the minute but I'm sure we will over the course of the season.

Highlights on 13:21 - Nov 30 with 2289 viewsdingdangblue

It was unnecessary from Tanser - as was the challenge taking out Jamie Allen after he had headed the ball. Much more dangerous than either of Done's or Henderson's recent red cards.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Highlights on 14:42 - Nov 30 with 2159 viewslove_the_dale

To be fair, it's difficult not to fall forwards when you are running forwards at high speed. It was a silly thing for Scott to do - there was no guarantee that a goal would have resulted - much more danger of scoring from a penalty, even against Conrad. I don't understand why Scott was not cautioned.
Highlights on 15:12 - Nov 30 with 2110 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, Scott could have played Johnson on side for the first goal but he was out of camera shot and you can't really judge. BUT BUT BUT (shakes head in disbelief) look at Tanser's response when he does get in camera shot. Slow the replay down to snails pace and you can see that Tanser doesn't move !!!!!! He stands there ball watching instead of sprinting to the goal line. He had plenty of time. Don't give up on it Scott, fight to the end !!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Highlights on 17:30 - Nov 30 with 1935 views49thseason

How the referee concluded that the assault on Allen was only a yellow I have no idea, it should have been the easiest red card he will ever give. The defender nearly took Allens head off with a challenge that could have had disasterous consequences. It was a red card on the rugby pitch never mind a football match. High, late and dangerous ... instant red card.
Highlights on 17:45 - Nov 30 with 1895 viewsAtThePeake

If a tug on a shirt is a foul, then it was a free kick from 30 yards out. The tugging starts 30 yards out but their player doesn't decide to fall until he's in the box.

Yeah, it's poor from Tanser but also the ref has been conned for that penalty in my book.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 18:33]

Tangled up in blue.

Highlights on 17:50 - Nov 30 with 1876 viewsAtThePeake

[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 17:51]

Tangled up in blue.

Highlights on 18:33 - Nov 30 with 1784 viewsYouTubeDale

Highlights on 17:45 - Nov 30 by AtThePeake

If a tug on a shirt is a foul, then it was a free kick from 30 yards out. The tugging starts 30 yards out but their player doesn't decide to fall until he's in the box.

Yeah, it's poor from Tanser but also the ref has been conned for that penalty in my book.

The shirt pulling starts outside the box and finishes just inside the box, perhaps on the line. In this respect we were unlucky.

We just need a bit of luck against Aldershot now.

Highlights on 19:11 - Nov 30 with 1725 viewslove_the_dale

Highlights on 17:45 - Nov 30 by AtThePeake

C and P from Laws of the Game, Interpretation, Law 12 :-
"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."
Highlights on 19:14 - Nov 30 with 1712 viewsBrighouseDale

I still think their first was offside.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Highlights on 19:16 - Nov 30 with 1707 viewsDaley_Lama

I think Scott Tanser has probably played < 20 league games as well.

Highlights on 19:43 - Nov 30 with 1661 viewsShawLatic

Highlights on 19:14 - Nov 30 by BrighouseDale

I still think their first was offside.

Your left back played him on I thought. Tight though. Liner on our side was never up with play.
Highlights on 19:48 - Nov 30 with 1650 viewsYouTubeDale

Highlights on 19:43 - Nov 30 by ShawLatic

Your left back played him on I thought. Tight though. Liner on our side was never up with play.

Unlucky for us again, with lino not up with play. If it was marginal and he knew he wasn't up with play then he should have flagged. Eastham put his hand up.

We don't need to say it, but goals change games.

Highlights on 19:55 - Nov 30 with 1631 viewsShawLatic

Highlights on 19:48 - Nov 30 by YouTubeDale

Unlucky for us again, with lino not up with play. If it was marginal and he knew he wasn't up with play then he should have flagged. Eastham put his hand up.

He was onside for me. Is Eastham the left back? Good player him.
Highlights on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 1617 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 14:42 - Nov 30 by love_the_dale

To be fair, it's difficult not to fall forwards when you are running forwards at high speed. It was a silly thing for Scott to do - there was no guarantee that a goal would have resulted - much more danger of scoring from a penalty, even against Conrad. I don't understand why Scott was not cautioned.

Tanser was cautioned; it just wasn't picked up by PA and hasn't appeared on any of the match stats as a result.

I'll get official confirmation from Colin at the club tomorrow.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Highlights on 20:15 - Nov 30 with 1599 viewsDaley_Lama

Highlights on 19:55 - Nov 30 by ShawLatic

He was onside for me. Is Eastham the left back? Good player him.

The LB is Tanser

Highlights on 20:20 - Nov 30 with 1593 viewsBartRowou

Highlights on 20:03 - Nov 30 by TVOS1907

Tanser was cautioned; it just wasn't picked up by PA and hasn't appeared on any of the match stats as a result.

I'll get official confirmation from Colin at the club tomorrow.

I'll tell you what was picked up by the PA: the man of the match.

Does it have to be read out when we're being hammered in a local derby? If the club say it does to appease its sponsors, does it have to be read out with such gusto? is it meant to cheer us up? Are we meant to cheer it in the absence of celebrating a goal? Can it not wait to the end in such circs and be mumbled apologetically?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Highlights on 20:29 - Nov 30 with 1580 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 20:20 - Nov 30 by BartRowou

I'll tell you what was picked up by the PA: the man of the match.

Does it have to be read out when we're being hammered in a local derby? If the club say it does to appease its sponsors, does it have to be read out with such gusto? is it meant to cheer us up? Are we meant to cheer it in the absence of celebrating a goal? Can it not wait to the end in such circs and be mumbled apologetically?

My PA = Press Association

Your PA = Public Address

It reminded me of that time at Walsall when they named Scott Houghton as Man of the Match to raucous laughter around the stands.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Highlights on 03:43 - Dec 1 with 1428 viewsbiffo4321

Highlights on 19:48 - Nov 30 by YouTubeDale

No he shouldn't, the attacker always has the benefit of the doubt.
Highlights on 04:19 - Dec 1 with 1422 viewsAtThePeake

Highlights on 19:11 - Nov 30 by love_the_dale

C and P from Laws of the Game, Interpretation, Law 12 :-
"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding him inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

What a ridiculous, ridiculous rule. How can something be be a foul in one area of the pitch and not in another?

Tangled up in blue.

Highlights on 09:41 - Dec 1 with 1348 viewsDiddyDave

Highlights on 04:19 - Dec 1 by AtThePeake

What a ridiculous, ridiculous rule. How can something be be a foul in one area of the pitch and not in another?

Well,these days the refs have to play on and see if there`s an advantage or not if he thinks a foul has been committed,so I guess the ref was doing the right thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024