Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) 16:22 - Dec 21 with 3349 views1mark1

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us)

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:38 - Dec 21 with 3320 views1mark1

Would like to have had the option to have it that people could put their own names forward, as there are many more who could go on that short list. Most of the players seam to have been from the last 10-15 years, and having been with Dale earlier in their careers. This shows we have become a breading club, rather than a club for a pro to come to at the end of their career.

Mind you my favorite, did come to us at the end of a very long and distinguished career, Richard Jobson, and yet he was still one of best ever CHs playing for us.

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:44 - Dec 21 with 3315 viewsTalkingSutty

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:38 - Dec 21 by 1mark1

Would like to have had the option to have it that people could put their own names forward, as there are many more who could go on that short list. Most of the players seam to have been from the last 10-15 years, and having been with Dale earlier in their careers. This shows we have become a breading club, rather than a club for a pro to come to at the end of their career.

Mind you my favorite, did come to us at the end of a very long and distinguished career, Richard Jobson, and yet he was still one of best ever CHs playing for us.

Lambert, played for England and also in the Champions league.
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:51 - Dec 21 with 3295 views1mark1

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:44 - Dec 21 by TalkingSutty

Lambert, played for England and also in the Champions league.

He certainly has become the most ever successful player ever to have played for the Dale.

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:55 - Dec 21 with 3286 viewsRooleyblue

Alan Taylor whilst never achieved the honour of an international cap scored two goals to help West Ham win the FA Cup in the final and also had a European cup winners runner up medal. This was at a time when we really were little old Rochdale.
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 17:02 - Dec 21 with 3266 viewswindowsbug

Derek Parlane?
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 18:44 - Dec 21 with 3162 viewspioneer

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:55 - Dec 21 by Rooleyblue

Alan Taylor whilst never achieved the honour of an international cap scored two goals to help West Ham win the FA Cup in the final and also had a European cup winners runner up medal. This was at a time when we really were little old Rochdale.

Not only two goals in the final, he also scored two in the QF and two in the semi I think and is the only player to do that.
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 23:25 - Dec 21 with 3074 viewsfinberty

A flawed poll by having Jobson on it - a man allegedly quoted as embarrassed to have had to admit that he ever played for Dale.

Besides which, I can name five better centre backs than him even as Dale players - let alone any time spent poncing about on a plastic pitch up at BP.

In no particular order Joe Cooke, Alan Reeves, Alan Johnson, Craig Dawson, Gareth Griffiths.
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 08:35 - Dec 22 with 2995 viewselectricblue

While your at it with Parlane..
Hows about Carl Harris......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:23 - Dec 22 with 2886 views49thseason

Neil Young
Mike Doyle
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 16:29 - Dec 22 with 2879 viewsColDale

David Fairclough?
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 17:55 - Dec 22 with 2837 views1mark1

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 23:25 - Dec 21 by finberty

A flawed poll by having Jobson on it - a man allegedly quoted as embarrassed to have had to admit that he ever played for Dale.

Besides which, I can name five better centre backs than him even as Dale players - let alone any time spent poncing about on a plastic pitch up at BP.

In no particular order Joe Cooke, Alan Reeves, Alan Johnson, Craig Dawson, Gareth Griffiths.

Allegedly said it? Not heard that myself, but if someone can prove to me that he did say such a thing, then my estimation of him would be very much lowered.

It's a matter of opinion that 5 Dale CHs were better than him. He spent a lot less time in the top flight then I previously thought he had, though he was a England B international player. Therefore I think Lambert should top this poll.

Also most polls on here would be "flawed" as someone would always come up with a name they believed should be on.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 17:58]

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 06:56 - Dec 24 with 2674 viewsNas

Grant Holt?
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 07:59 - Dec 24 with 2661 viewsYadHoDale

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 08:35 - Dec 22 by electricblue

While your at it with Parlane..
Hows about Carl Harris......

Absolutely.

Leeds 3 v 0 Ipswich (Top of the league at the time - March 1981)

Mick Mills was a pretty good full-back. Harris roasted him that night.

Parlane was pretty good too.

As for a suggestion for the thread - Bobby Charlton (friendly v Derby, 1977).
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 08:18 - Dec 24 with 2655 viewsTalkingSutty

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 07:59 - Dec 24 by YadHoDale

Absolutely.

Leeds 3 v 0 Ipswich (Top of the league at the time - March 1981)

Mick Mills was a pretty good full-back. Harris roasted him that night.

Parlane was pretty good too.

As for a suggestion for the thread - Bobby Charlton (friendly v Derby, 1977).

Think you just won with the Bobby Charlton suggestion.
Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 17:06 - Dec 24 with 2548 views1mark1

Well Bobby Charlton was one of the greatest ever world great players.

This all proves that polls like this can be very wide off the mark. You could have a shortlist of at least 20 for such a poll. Also shows it's all about opinions.

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 23:05 - Dec 25 with 2381 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Greenhoff must be way up there tbh, Alan Mcloughlan was pretty decent, Paddy. Also we had an ex Barnsley Midfielder that was good in his time - forget if it was Redfern or Thompson but good player. Ian Bishop and obviously we had John Ryan!!!

Lambert is a stand out by some was of players we made good though :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Who is the best ever player to have played for Dale,( not while playing for us) on 00:35 - Dec 26 with 2336 viewsmeeee

Jordan Rhodes probably isn't the best but he hasn't done bad for himself since going to Huddersfield and Blackburn
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024