Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill speaks ahead of bury game 13:11 - Oct 16 with 4863 viewsdingdangblue

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-is-looking-forward-to-saturday

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 13:25 - Oct 16 with 4429 viewsSuddenLad

A little insight there into Matt Done's earnings perhaps ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 13:27 - Oct 16 with 4418 viewsfitzochris

A good interview, but Hill gives some contradictory responses, I note.

“I believe that we should be going to Sheffield United and winning and maybe not losing that game… but realistically are we supposed to go to Sheffield United and win?”

“[Bury are] driving and striving for Championship football. We’ve got the same ambition but we’re trying to do it differently… after 46 games our first port of call has to be retaining League One status.”

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 13:36 - Oct 16 with 4381 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Very diplomatic words from our Leader.......(should send him over to Syria to sort them out.)

Just hope the players don't let him (and us) down........we need a good show from our lot!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2015 13:42]
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:01 - Oct 16 with 4206 viewsChaffRAFC

Low tempo interview compared to what he's normally like. Should we be going to Sheffield United and winning? Well, when you've scored two goals there, you have a right to expect not to lose the game in my view. No mention of the continuing defence shambles. Trying to make out the Bury game is a friendly one like the Merseyside derby is a load of bollocks as well just because Flickers is manager. I know he's his mate but I have f*** all respect for Bury, f*** all respect for how they're doing things and hope they fall flat on their faces.

Might be reading too much into it and my never positive mood may be an influence on my comments but there's a lack of passion there and it screams of "we're little Rochdale and we'll make do with being where we are and don't expect too much"

Not what I want to hear the day before derby day.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:10 - Oct 16 with 4174 viewsPDIDDY

Two faced hilly on that interview, slagging northampton off, having a dig at Sheff utd but saying he thinks we are doing well etc, if he thinks we are doing it the wrong way, say it. Maybe he wants a job at gigg

Gissa job

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:27 - Oct 16 with 4117 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:01 - Oct 16 by ChaffRAFC

Low tempo interview compared to what he's normally like. Should we be going to Sheffield United and winning? Well, when you've scored two goals there, you have a right to expect not to lose the game in my view. No mention of the continuing defence shambles. Trying to make out the Bury game is a friendly one like the Merseyside derby is a load of bollocks as well just because Flickers is manager. I know he's his mate but I have f*** all respect for Bury, f*** all respect for how they're doing things and hope they fall flat on their faces.

Might be reading too much into it and my never positive mood may be an influence on my comments but there's a lack of passion there and it screams of "we're little Rochdale and we'll make do with being where we are and don't expect too much"

Well said Chaff.
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:40 - Oct 16 with 4071 viewsdingdangblue

With our away form you couldn't really be confident of us winning anywhere. Trips to bury, Southend, Doncaster and Gillingham coming up dont look promising.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:42 - Oct 16 with 4066 viewsD_Alien

Can only agree with that.

Whilst it must be galling to see his best mate reaping the short-term benefit of a squad that bury can't afford, it totally contradicts every previous statement he's made on club finances.

At least he's reflected that maybe he's been too harsh on the players. I think he means in public... but not sure.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 16:11 - Oct 16 with 3967 viewsaleanddale

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:10 - Oct 16 by PDIDDY

Two faced hilly on that interview, slagging northampton off, having a dig at Sheff utd but saying he thinks we are doing well etc, if he thinks we are doing it the wrong way, say it. Maybe he wants a job at gigg

Fook me didds great post!!
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:25 - Oct 16 with 3834 views442Dale

There's some excellent points made in this thread.

Quite why Northampton are mentioned while other situations are barely touched upon is inconsistent.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:32 - Oct 16 with 3815 viewsisitme

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:25 - Oct 16 by 442Dale

There's some excellent points made in this thread.

Quite why Northampton are mentioned while other situations are barely touched upon is inconsistent.

He equated them with having a similar supporter base as us yet they are over £10 million in debt. Perhaps the comparable fan base is the reason he spoke about them?
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:49 - Oct 16 with 3775 viewsdingdangblue

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:32 - Oct 16 by isitme

He equated them with having a similar supporter base as us yet they are over £10 million in debt. Perhaps the comparable fan base is the reason he spoke about them?

bury have a similar fanbase to us and are millions in debt.

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:52 - Oct 16 with 3762 viewsisitme

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:49 - Oct 16 by dingdangblue

bury have a similar fanbase to us and are millions in debt.

His best mate doesn't manage Northampton.
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 18:13 - Oct 16 with 3704 viewsdingdangblue

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:52 - Oct 16 by isitme

I would say Northampton dont have a similar fanbase to us anyhow. When they got to the play offs in 12/13 they averaged nearly 5000 at home. A couple of trips to Wembley saw them take 30,000 and 40,000 fans - we can dream of those numbers.

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 3527 views442Dale

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 17:52 - Oct 16 by isitme

And nor are we playing Northampton tomorrow.

A very poor time to mention their situation.

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:25 - Oct 16 with 3388 viewsstuartcryer

Mind games

wardle blue

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:35 - Oct 16 with 3349 viewsKenBoon

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:25 - Oct 16 by stuartcryer

Mind games

With whom?
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:38 - Oct 16 with 3341 viewsdingdangblue

Flicker predictably says........
http://mobile.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/flitcroft-its-just-another-game-2746912.

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:44 - Oct 16 with 3313 viewsD_Dale

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 15:10 - Oct 16 by PDIDDY

“[Bury are] driving and striving for Championship football. We’ve got the same ambition but we’re trying to do it differently ..."

I read this as "We will not put our ambitions above financial responsibility, Therefore we are different to that reckless bunch at the Giggle. But I can't say that - though I will go on about Northampton as a hint of what I think - because Flicker's my mate."
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 22:34 - Oct 16 with 3132 views442Dale

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 20:44 - Oct 16 by D_Dale

“[Bury are] driving and striving for Championship football. We’ve got the same ambition but we’re trying to do it differently ..."

I read this as "We will not put our ambitions above financial responsibility, Therefore we are different to that reckless bunch at the Giggle. But I can't say that - though I will go on about Northampton as a hint of what I think - because Flicker's my mate."

The line before was "I have a lot of respect for the way that the things are being done at Bury and I don’t think anyone can deny that they’ve got an ambition."

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 22:27 - Dec 5 with 2521 viewsmacro

last time
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 23:26 - Dec 5 with 2393 viewsdalenumber2

Don't understand why everyone is trying to interpret his interview - he talks in riddles most of the time, there's no point in trying to make sense of it.
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 01:09 - Dec 6 with 2304 viewsTVOS1907

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 23:26 - Dec 5 by dalenumber2

Don't understand why everyone is trying to interpret his interview - he talks in riddles most of the time, there's no point in trying to make sense of it.

Especially two months later.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 07:13 - Dec 6 with 2239 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 23:26 - Dec 5 by dalenumber2

Great point, we don't need Keith Hill to educate us on bury fc or the characters involved. It's not difficult to see how Day operates when it comes to paying bills and piling up loans. If Day is emptying his own pockets and donating his own cash to the Club then i stand corrected, but we know he isn't.

We are both similar clubs with a similar poor fanbase so know what financial constraints are involved in balancing the books, so does Flitcroft. You don't attract the quality of high earning players bury have without spending more than what the club generates,we all know that and so does Hill. It's basics finances. Unless players like Pope etc have always had a secret yearning to play for bury and are willing to drastically cut their earnings in order to do so.

Obviously if somebody connected with the Club is willing to finance Carrington and the never ending recruitment of players/ loans etc until they reach the Championship and is also willing to wipe off any debts accumulated (important), then bury have really landed on their feet. Day isn't that man though.

In fairness to some of the bury fans, they have tried to voice their concerns but have been quickly dumbed down, others are just lapping it up, but laughing leads to tears and sooner or later reality will hit home.

Defeat today for bury followed by another couple of poor results could herald the end for Flicker, looking at the player recruitment anything less than the play offs is under achievement.Thats what happens when you recruit players on high wages ( Flicker would have you believe theyare playing for peanuts).

I haven't heard Hillys interview but if he's trying to put bury and Day on a pedestal,he's insulting the fans intelligence,some of who are far more intelligent than the characters involved (not including myself). I would be surprised if Hilly really is making these suggestions and a listen to the interview will probably reveal something different.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 7:22]
Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 10:12 - Dec 6 with 1976 viewsD_Alien

Hill speaks ahead of bury game on 07:13 - Dec 6 by TalkingSutty

Great point, we don't need Keith Hill to educate us on bury fc or the characters involved. It's not difficult to see how Day operates when it comes to paying bills and piling up loans. If Day is emptying his own pockets and donating his own cash to the Club then i stand corrected, but we know he isn't.

We are both similar clubs with a similar poor fanbase so know what financial constraints are involved in balancing the books, so does Flitcroft. You don't attract the quality of high earning players bury have without spending more than what the club generates,we all know that and so does Hill. It's basics finances. Unless players like Pope etc have always had a secret yearning to play for bury and are willing to drastically cut their earnings in order to do so.

Obviously if somebody connected with the Club is willing to finance Carrington and the never ending recruitment of players/ loans etc until they reach the Championship and is also willing to wipe off any debts accumulated (important), then bury have really landed on their feet. Day isn't that man though.

In fairness to some of the bury fans, they have tried to voice their concerns but have been quickly dumbed down, others are just lapping it up, but laughing leads to tears and sooner or later reality will hit home.

Defeat today for bury followed by another couple of poor results could herald the end for Flicker, looking at the player recruitment anything less than the play offs is under achievement.Thats what happens when you recruit players on high wages ( Flicker would have you believe theyare playing for peanuts).

I haven't heard Hillys interview but if he's trying to put bury and Day on a pedestal,he's insulting the fans intelligence,some of who are far more intelligent than the characters involved (not including myself). I would be surprised if Hilly really is making these suggestions and a listen to the interview will probably reveal something different.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2015 7:22]

Agree with most of that. I expect part of Day's pre-planning before he took over was the ease with which bury fans would be able to be "dumbed down" - it doesn't take much, does it? He'd never get away with it at Dale. Wasn't it one of our 15 year olds who put Tommy Cannon in his place?

And I'd include Flicker in the easily dumbed down category too. Perhaps that's what Hill meant when suggesting his mate was a good fit for the Day regime.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024