Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 17:47 - Feb 20 with 5726 viewsroccydaleian

Hilly's View! on 17:51 - Feb 20 with 5691 viewsfitzochris

Disappointed with the result, encouraged by the performance. Sounds fair enough to me.

Let's push on and get the three points off Fleetwood now.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 17:53]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 18:02 - Feb 20 with 5600 viewsrkershaw

Hilly's View! on 17:51 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

Disappointed with the result, encouraged by the performance. Sounds fair enough to me.

Let's push on and get the three points off Fleetwood now.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2016 17:53]

great lip sync btw!!!
Hilly's View! on 18:06 - Feb 20 with 5571 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 18:02 - Feb 20 by rkershaw

great lip sync btw!!!

I thought that was down to my horrendously slow internet.

Hilly's View! on 18:19 - Feb 20 with 5498 viewsD_Alien

Good to see a calmness about his manner.

I'm really pleased for Joe Bunney. Hilly's stuck with him and Joe delivering the goods in a hard L1 away fixture must've helped with the interview, which also took the focus away from Holty - a good thing imo. Bunney can't be dropped now and Holty will benefit from another 30 minutes or so on Tuesday from the bench plus a full week's training with the squad.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 19:16 - Feb 20 with 5248 viewsDaleiLama

Hilly's View! on 18:19 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

Good to see a calmness about his manner.

I'm really pleased for Joe Bunney. Hilly's stuck with him and Joe delivering the goods in a hard L1 away fixture must've helped with the interview, which also took the focus away from Holty - a good thing imo. Bunney can't be dropped now and Holty will benefit from another 30 minutes or so on Tuesday from the bench plus a full week's training with the squad.

Question for the regulars - JBs best game in a Dale shirt?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hilly's View! on 19:27 - Feb 20 with 5149 viewsBartRowou

Hilly's View! on 19:16 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

I haven't seen them all but all things considered - the poor run of form, type of opposition, the crowd etc - I'd say yes.

Maybe the MOM award he got last week, which horrified some of his critics, was the confidence boost he needed.

He did a bit of Tiptonesque goading of their fans after the first as well which got them all hot and bothered (although it doesn't take much for that to happen).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hilly's View! on 20:25 - Feb 20 with 4920 viewsRibbleblue

Hilly's View! on 19:16 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

I have noticed a big change in Bunney of late-seems much more confident and I think today was a standout performance from him.
Hilly's View! on 20:28 - Feb 20 with 4898 viewsDaleaholic

I give Joe Bunney a lot of stick but today I hold my hands up and say he played brilliantly. His best game for Dale.

Same cannot be said for Henderson. Poor all afternoon.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 20:46 - Feb 20 with 4795 viewsSwissdale

Hilly's View! on 20:28 - Feb 20 by Daleaholic

I give Joe Bunney a lot of stick but today I hold my hands up and say he played brilliantly. His best game for Dale.

Same cannot be said for Henderson. Poor all afternoon.

Agree on both points. Henderson was out of the game today, I think he's frustrated at the moment and it's showing in his all round play. Held the ball for too long on a really good counter attack, and kicked the floor when he had a half chance in the second half.

A promising showing though. Bunney had an excellent game, and but for a great save, unlucky not to have a hattrick. Canavan, while at fault for the second equaliser, played well and looks a threat from set pieces. Was great to see Allen back in the middle. As much as I like Camps and Lund, Allen should be the one the system fits around as he is simply the best footballer in the team.

I had been one calling for NML to start, but given his last two appearances I can see why he's been limited to substitute appearances. Not disciplined enough defensively, and switched off for their first goal (as he did against Crewe). Doesn't look to be that interested, and certainly not fit enough to last 90 mins.

The less said about Holt today the better, even worse than his first debut for us haha! Hope he can get fit soon and show us what he can do.

Play like that every week until the end of the season and we should be about right. Just need to reduce the amount of Hollywood balls and long balls to the opposition.
Hilly's View! on 21:43 - Feb 20 with 4613 viewszxcvbnm

Funnily enough I thought Holt played fairly well. He won a few headers, came close to a goal. Thing is though he lacks fitness having not played regular football for a season or so, that will come. I expect him to have more of a super sub role though than a starter as it stands.

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hilly's View! on 11:18 - Feb 21 with 4216 viewssandy_dale

Very honest for Keith Hill
Hilly's View! on 11:27 - Feb 21 with 4191 viewsaleanddale

Bunny was excellent as was the caravan.

Hendo just has such high standards so a middling ok game he looks off the pace.

NML completely switched off and did not track the runner who put the cross in for McCardle tap in.

Very encouraged... Let's get behind the lads and register a win on Tuesday night.

Much much better yesterday. Enjoyed the game and a good atmosphere from a bumper size crowd.
Hilly's View! on 11:31 - Feb 21 with 4176 viewsSuddenLad

Hilly's View! on 11:27 - Feb 21 by aleanddale

NML completely switched off and did not track the runner who put the cross in for McCardle tap in.

Very encouraged... Let's get behind the lads and register a win on Tuesday night.

Much much better yesterday. Enjoyed the game and a good atmosphere from a bumper size crowd.

Bigger attendance yesterday at Bradford than at any match in the Championship.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hilly's View! on 11:41 - Feb 21 with 4140 viewsonedalefan

How many did we take?
Hilly's View! on 12:27 - Feb 21 with 4020 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 11:41 - Feb 21 by onedalefan

How many did we take?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly's View! on 12:34 - Feb 21 with 4009 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 11:27 - Feb 21 by aleanddale

Henderson wasn't ok, he was poor. His decision making in not releasing NML was a real turning point as were well on top at 2-1.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 12:59 - Feb 21 with 3964 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 12:34 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Henderson wasn't ok, he was poor. His decision making in not releasing NML was a real turning point as were well on top at 2-1.

Any player can have a poor game, and Hendo's been running himself into the ground recently so no arguments about his commitment.

I do wonder if the signing of Holty mightn't have put his nose slightly out of joint though? Hendo's been 'top dog' in the dressing room for quite a while, and he's been handed the captaincy back after Jamie Allen's original spell this season. Suddenly, a vastly experienced ex-premiership player comes in who knows the club and who's revered by the fans, and the younger players start taking notice of him now.

I hope Hendo can form a close partnership with Holty, but we all know he's a prickly character.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 13:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 13:27 - Feb 21 with 3896 viewsWill_RAFC

Good performance in a game that could have gone either way. And fair play to Joe Bunney - he was superb. Thought Holty looked decent and was unlucky not to score.

Re Hendo: disapointing to see him trudge off down the tunnel at full time and not look up to acknowledge the fans considering he was walking right past us.
Hilly's View! on 15:04 - Feb 21 with 3720 views1mark1

Hilly's View! on 12:59 - Feb 21 by D_Alien

Any player can have a poor game, and Hendo's been running himself into the ground recently so no arguments about his commitment.

I do wonder if the signing of Holty mightn't have put his nose slightly out of joint though? Hendo's been 'top dog' in the dressing room for quite a while, and he's been handed the captaincy back after Jamie Allen's original spell this season. Suddenly, a vastly experienced ex-premiership player comes in who knows the club and who's revered by the fans, and the younger players start taking notice of him now.

I hope Hendo can form a close partnership with Holty, but we all know he's a prickly character.

[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 13:02]

Hendo will just have to get over it, re Holt, IF he has any worries. He's a relatively well paid pro not a child, so just get on with being the player he is. Personally, I would not think he would have a problem with Holt, just like has been said, had an off game, like even the best do sometimes.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Hilly's View! on 15:04 - Feb 21 with 3719 viewsrod_leach

Hilly's View! on 13:27 - Feb 21 by Will_RAFC

Good performance in a game that could have gone either way. And fair play to Joe Bunney - he was superb. Thought Holty looked decent and was unlucky not to score.

Re Hendo: disapointing to see him trudge off down the tunnel at full time and not look up to acknowledge the fans considering he was walking right past us.

I've often see him do the same at full time. Just the way he is, I guess.
Hilly's View! on 15:34 - Feb 21 with 3670 viewsBartRowou

I wouldn't worry about Henderson. I imagine he's "in the zone" when fans are clapping him or chanting his name and he simply blanks it all. When he scores, he's more than happy to celebrate with the fans.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hilly's View! on 18:31 - Feb 21 with 3509 viewsChaffRAFC

I was worried a tad about the signing of Holt, absolutely buzzing but at the same time, didn't expect him to be up to much so was fairly impressed with him today. He was a real handful, didn't lose a header and apart from a slip and a moment where he was caught in two minds, I was impressed.

Joe Bunney was outstanding yesterday. Really stepped up but we've seen him have good games before and he goes back to his normal under-performing self very quickly. I hope he doesn't though and can prove himself to be a valuable asset.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hilly's View! on 18:58 - Feb 21 with 3460 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 18:31 - Feb 21 by ChaffRAFC

I was worried a tad about the signing of Holt, absolutely buzzing but at the same time, didn't expect him to be up to much so was fairly impressed with him today. He was a real handful, didn't lose a header and apart from a slip and a moment where he was caught in two minds, I was impressed.

Joe Bunney was outstanding yesterday. Really stepped up but we've seen him have good games before and he goes back to his normal under-performing self very quickly. I hope he doesn't though and can prove himself to be a valuable asset.

If Bunney does now push on and continue the improvement then it must be viewed as one of Hillys greatest achievements when we discuss his skills at polishing things.

Bunneys inclusion in the starting eleven often leaves a lot of supporters scratching their heads, some view the selection as Hill being stubborn but yesterday we witnessed what he is capable of. Maybe he just needed a bit of confidence, scoring a brace in front of nearly 20,000 fans should give him plenty of that. He looked the real deal yesterday.
Hilly's View! on 19:30 - Feb 21 with 3381 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 18:58 - Feb 21 by TalkingSutty

If Bunney does now push on and continue the improvement then it must be viewed as one of Hillys greatest achievements when we discuss his skills at polishing things.

Bunneys inclusion in the starting eleven often leaves a lot of supporters scratching their heads, some view the selection as Hill being stubborn but yesterday we witnessed what he is capable of. Maybe he just needed a bit of confidence, scoring a brace in front of nearly 20,000 fans should give him plenty of that. He looked the real deal yesterday.

Early on in the season, Bunney's inclusion simply added balance to the side from a wide position. Now his inclusion has brought goals.

I wonder how true his suggested move to Tranmere in January was.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024