Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Logan 16:37 - Jan 28 with 5214 viewsBainesy15

Our best keeper? You're having a laugh (obviously Lillis Is injured)
Logan on 17:10 - Jan 28 with 4722 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gone to pot

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Logan on 17:11 - Jan 28 with 4710 viewsKnowlesy

I said a few weeks ago he's hardly been inspired this season, relatively solid (this was a few weeks ago) but no better than Lillis.

Fast forward a month and he's been atrocious in every aspect of goalkeeping; distribution (his 'strength), command of his area, basic shot stopping.

It's cruel cruel luck that Lillis, our player of the season last year lest we forget, has got injured because it'd have only taken one of the countless mistakes that logan has made for him to be dropped if the boot was on the other foot.
Logan on 17:23 - Jan 28 with 4609 viewssweetcorn

Logan has no doubt had a bad couple of week, but lillis is w*nk, simple as that.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Logan on 17:24 - Jan 28 with 4604 views442Dale

Logan on 17:11 - Jan 28 by Knowlesy

I said a few weeks ago he's hardly been inspired this season, relatively solid (this was a few weeks ago) but no better than Lillis.

Fast forward a month and he's been atrocious in every aspect of goalkeeping; distribution (his 'strength), command of his area, basic shot stopping.

It's cruel cruel luck that Lillis, our player of the season last year lest we forget, has got injured because it'd have only taken one of the countless mistakes that logan has made for him to be dropped if the boot was on the other foot.

I'm still struggling to work out what Lillis did wrong to get dropped, results supported the decision and there appeared to be very little between the two as goalkeepers.

Two years ago Logan was better. Unfortunately this is clearly no longer the case and Lillis has proven himself to be a very good lower league keeper, and the best option we have... when fit. Logan will be probably be freed in the summer unless he's prepared to be a number 2, Lillis will hopefully get a new deal because I'm not sure what more people want from a goalkeeper at this level.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logan on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 4593 viewsmoth5368

Logan on 17:23 - Jan 28 by sweetcorn

Logan has no doubt had a bad couple of week, but lillis is w*nk, simple as that.

You talk some sh!t
Logan on 17:29 - Jan 28 with 4533 viewssweetcorn

Lillis flaps more than a bird, he should have wings transplanted in place of his hands.

Logan on 17:29 - Jan 28 with 4533 views442Dale

Name six goals over the last year which Josh Lillis could have done better with. I'm not saying they don't exist, but what are they.

Logan's are from the last two games. It also ignores his role in the two at Southend.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logan on 17:37 - Jan 28 with 4464 viewsToffeemanc

Logan on 17:29 - Jan 28 by sweetcorn

Lillis flaps more than a bird, he should have wings transplanted in place of his hands.

The only thing flapping uselessly around here are your gums. You talk more shit than Trump, although he is probably brighter than you.

If you remove your head from Conrads arse, then he may even be able to kick a ball properly.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Login to get fewer ads

Logan on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 4129 viewsBainesy15

Logan is more commanding no doubt. Lillis is a better shot stopper and kicker...
Logan on 19:17 - Jan 28 with 4066 viewsboromat

Lillis got dropped due to his performance at Bradford. After Logan's performance against Oxford I think Lillis would have been back in but unfortunately he's injured. I would like to see someone else in net next Saturday though give Conrad a rest. Lillis if he's fit but if not Diba has been here for a long time now and is worth a chance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Logan on 19:29 - Jan 28 with 4017 viewsSwissdale

I think it's becoming clear that Conrad Logan is not the same Keeper we had a couple of seasons ago. Head looks to have completely gone recently, but all throughout this season, he's looked weaker in two major areas;

Crosses - Old Conrad was so confident and coming out and claiming crosses, using his strength to command the area and snuff out danger. More often than not he's now rooted to his line, even today I think he has to claim the cross that lead to the penalty.

Kicking - the less said about the past few weeks the better. But in his first spell Conrad's kicks would regularly land 10 yards into the opposition half. He seems to have lost range as well as accuracy.

So what's changed? Undeniable that returning from such a serious injury must be tough, but the is he taking his fitness seriously enough? I can understand a temporary loss of fitness after a long lay-off, but he's been playing football again now for around 12 months, and he's still 2/3 stone overweight. I don't think that's acceptable.
Logan on 19:50 - Jan 28 with 3971 viewsKenBoon

In Logan's defence he's getting battered for every little mistake he makes. With better luck we gets away with the bad kicks, he couldn't really do much with the back pass debacle last week either. Also it's worth remembering that their third was also from an unmarked header. This said his form is rotten and wasn't particularly special before these last three games. He doesn't look fit either. I know some people can be heavily built but also be fit, but he doesn't look it. In the past he carried himself confidently, whereas now not so much. I'd like to see Diba given a chance. He's had rave reviews as a kid and since he's still at the club he must have something about him. Logan is a good keeper and his passion on the pitch is infectious, but maybe he needs a break.
Logan on 20:06 - Jan 28 with 3908 viewsfirgrovedale51

Still better than Logan
Logan on 21:48 - Jan 28 with 3734 viewssweetcorn

Logan on 17:37 - Jan 28 by Toffeemanc

The only thing flapping uselessly around here are your gums. You talk more shit than Trump, although he is probably brighter than you.

If you remove your head from Conrads arse, then he may even be able to kick a ball properly.

How is my head up conrads arse? Because i know lillis isnt up to the task? Conrad has been terrible for the last 2 weeks and he's a right lard arse who ought to get serious and get himself fit..

Lillis has 0 presence and id ssy the amount of goals we concede from set pieces goes up considerably when he's between the sticks.. theres a reason we've had 4 keepers displace lillis since hill has been here..

Logan on 21:51 - Jan 28 with 3722 viewsBobsAdaley

Logan on 20:06 - Jan 28 by firgrovedale51

Still better than Logan

Lillis is out for the season. I spoke to him before the game outside the main stand. Lovely guy and it was sad to hear he has a knee injury which needs an operation, so it's simple, not dropped, injured. Bad luck really because I would have him in if he had been fit. Hope it pans out well for him though
Logan on 06:20 - Jan 29 with 3500 viewsSandyman

No doubt he's had a couple of awful games, as any player can, and has cost us dearly. He's clearly out of sorts. The manager replaced Lillis after one 4-0 defeat where he wasn't particularly culpable. Does Hilly now trust in Jonny Diba, or get a 'keeper in on loan 'til Conrad gets his mojo back ?
Logan on 08:21 - Jan 29 with 3428 viewsfrenzied

Logan on 06:20 - Jan 29 by Sandyman

No doubt he's had a couple of awful games, as any player can, and has cost us dearly. He's clearly out of sorts. The manager replaced Lillis after one 4-0 defeat where he wasn't particularly culpable. Does Hilly now trust in Jonny Diba, or get a 'keeper in on loan 'til Conrad gets his mojo back ?

I think that Conrad is playing with an injury..his kicking has been very reliable in the past..his movement seems slow moving across his goal and jumping laboured..he is culpable for some of the goals as are his back four..Hilly is looking for someone to steady the ship on the pitch ,at present we have much effort but little guille
Logan on 08:24 - Jan 29 with 3419 viewsrochedale

Are you actually for real? He was POS last year and was Players POS a couple years back. You often post utter tripe but this has just summed you right up. You clearly know nothing.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Logan on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 3182 viewsColDale

Surely we'll stick by Logan the same way we stuck by Hendo a few weeks ago, and reap the rewards in a similar way.
Logan on 21:55 - Jan 29 with 2994 viewsDannyG_RAFC

God your hard to digest, 14 thumbs down doesn't cut it.
Logan on 21:56 - Jan 29 with 2989 viewsscarrow

Logan on 21:55 - Jan 29 by DannyG_RAFC

God your hard to digest, 14 thumbs down doesn't cut it.

Poll: Final position

Logan on 23:15 - Jan 29 with 2925 viewsD_Dale

How in the world of football things change! A few months ago ,most fans were hugging themselves that we had two experienced and reliable keepers.

Now one has a long-term injury and the other is written off as unfit, overweight and generally not up to it.

Since that 4-0 defeat at Bradford which seemingly led Hill to drop Lillis, Dale have played 15 matches. 5 have been lost, 10 won (7 with clean sheets). That doesn't seem a bad record. (True, most of the goals conceded - 19 - have been in more recent games, just as the goals scored - 28 - tended to come in the earlier part of the run.)

I've not checked, but I doubt many L1 keepers have better stats than Logan. Maybe he has played in the last three games with some injuries - before that , as we came out of the Xmas/new year matches with 9 points and then won at Barrow,, there seemed to be few complaints.

If injury is a factor, I'd expect Hill to bring someone in, but if not I'd expect his efforts to be focused on preparing all the player for the Bristol Rovers game.
Logan on 00:40 - Jan 30 with 2861 viewsDaley_Lama

Logan none basher here.

Only suggestion from me is that the "quick free kick to Hendo who is 20 yards behind the opposition defence" is not working because

a) He is mis-kicking it on occasion (pitch or not, irrelevant) and causing sending off at Southend, 4th versus Oxford and 1st versus Huddersfield - negative factor
b) It doesn't work anymore, as it is no longer a surprise to defences who cope with it fantastically. - no positive factor.

It was a weapon in a few games where Bunney would swiftly become a winger from LB from goal kicks but he is out. Equally, we benefitted from a few goals in his first spell.

Poll: DF in or out

Logan on 09:24 - Jan 30 with 2719 viewsParkinsGimp

Have we all forgotten why we wanted Logan in first place? It was because Lillis was dodgy . I cant condone Logan though he seems to have lost the plot these last few games.
Not sure what the solution is.
Logan on 13:33 - Jan 30 with 2524 viewsmoth5368

Logan on 09:24 - Jan 30 by ParkinsGimp

Have we all forgotten why we wanted Logan in first place? It was because Lillis was dodgy . I cant condone Logan though he seems to have lost the plot these last few games.
Not sure what the solution is.

I disagree. We wanted Logan 'cos he was considered to be better that Lillis, not because Lillis was 'dodgy'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024