Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Problems 16:55 - Sep 9 with 3770 viewsrochdaleriddler

Not a lot of positives today, Davies unfit , defence shambolic, passing awful. Thought kitching was ok and scouse Williams . Goalie looked ok till clanger

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Problems on 17:45 - Sep 9 with 3548 viewsdawlishdale

Kitching had a decent game, as did Williams from L'pool. McGahey also did well.

Otherwise, it was men against boys, and I doubt many would grumble with the margin of defeat.

Worryingly, (apart from a Williams thunderbolt that rattled the bar) we didn't look like we would score, which has been the massive problem we've faced all season .

No goals from open play so far. Davies only looks to have an hours fitness in him, whilst Done, although slowly improving, isn't the player who left us for the Blades.

Missed Camps today. They played it like a training game for the last 20 minutes.
Problems on 18:06 - Sep 9 with 3434 viewsnicknick

Couldn't agree more. Desperately need a striker of quality. I thought Canon had a good 1st half. At half time thought we were still in it...
Problems on 19:51 - Sep 9 with 3221 viewsKnowlesy

Problems on 18:06 - Sep 9 by nicknick

Couldn't agree more. Desperately need a striker of quality. I thought Canon had a good 1st half. At half time thought we were still in it...

I thought scouse Williams was poor today. Just my opinion. Cannon decent first half, anonymous second (although the same could be said for the rest of the team)

Daniels not a natural right back on today's showing. Anybody know why Rafferty was on the bench? Kitching did a lot better in midfield than when I've seen him at left back.

Was my first game this season due to holidays etc., second half we barely touched the ball and we looked toothless up front. Thought that Williams 11 was our best attacking outlet until he came off, baffling to me.

Bunney may be coming back from injury but thought he was very poor in the first half today, got a little bit better in the 2nd half in terms of putting some challenges in but was miles out of position constantly, weak and his distribution was poor. I'm not singling him out at all as I'm a fan of him at left back but maybe Keith is still trying to bring him back too soon and should've put McNulty to left back again.
Problems on 19:58 - Sep 9 with 3173 viewsdingdangblue

Problems on 19:51 - Sep 9 by Knowlesy

I thought scouse Williams was poor today. Just my opinion. Cannon decent first half, anonymous second (although the same could be said for the rest of the team)

Daniels not a natural right back on today's showing. Anybody know why Rafferty was on the bench? Kitching did a lot better in midfield than when I've seen him at left back.

Was my first game this season due to holidays etc., second half we barely touched the ball and we looked toothless up front. Thought that Williams 11 was our best attacking outlet until he came off, baffling to me.

Bunney may be coming back from injury but thought he was very poor in the first half today, got a little bit better in the 2nd half in terms of putting some challenges in but was miles out of position constantly, weak and his distribution was poor. I'm not singling him out at all as I'm a fan of him at left back but maybe Keith is still trying to bring him back too soon and should've put McNulty to left back again.

With Liverpool's Williams playing 2 full 90mins and Hill saying we are lucky to have him as he was wanted by a lot of clubs - do we think that Liverpool have told us he HAS to play? I know Hill has mentioned this before when he's tried to get players on loan?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Problems on 20:32 - Sep 9 with 3049 views49thseason

Problems on 19:58 - Sep 9 by dingdangblue

With Liverpool's Williams playing 2 full 90mins and Hill saying we are lucky to have him as he was wanted by a lot of clubs - do we think that Liverpool have told us he HAS to play? I know Hill has mentioned this before when he's tried to get players on loan?

Lets hope so, I thought he was excelent today, he actally tried to play the ball forwards rather than sideways.I thought Kitching had a decent game too,, having two tall lads in midfield gives a bit more physicality than we have had for a while.
Tuesday will be a better test.
Problems on 20:58 - Sep 9 with 2938 viewsnordenblue

Problems on 20:32 - Sep 9 by 49thseason

Lets hope so, I thought he was excelent today, he actally tried to play the ball forwards rather than sideways.I thought Kitching had a decent game too,, having two tall lads in midfield gives a bit more physicality than we have had for a while.

I thought Scouse Williams was very good today and seemed to read the game a step above any of our other players,the thought process to put a very good centre back at right back and leave our best right back on the bench is baffling at best?

Thought Done was terrible and I'm a big fan of his,Davies could play till next week and he won't get a kick against them 2 defenders while we employ them tactics.

One of the biggest mysteries to me is while we are losing and in desperate need of a goal why in God's name when Blackburn have a corner EVERY single one of our players are in our own box,it just encourages pressure, if we get the chance to clear it just keeps coming straight back at us,for a former defender his ideas on defending are sometimes staggering from where I'm sat....
Problems on 21:09 - Sep 9 with 2892 viewsDale2017

Problems on 20:32 - Sep 9 by 49thseason

Unfortunately I can't agree on kitching. I think he went missing for big chunks and didn't offer much but each to their own I guess.

Was really impressed with Williams (loanee). Was a dominant presence in the middle of park and he can play too. Just wish the strike in the second half went in he deserved a goal for his performance today.

Not sure what is wrong with Davies he looks so unfit and so far off the pace at times.

I am not getting too down about the current situation but we need to improve quickly otherwise we could start playing with desperation and increased pressure which won't help the team.

The team need our support now more than ever, starting Tuesday and going forward.
Problems on 21:16 - Sep 9 with 2863 viewssoulboy

Problems on 20:58 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

I thought Scouse Williams was very good today and seemed to read the game a step above any of our other players,the thought process to put a very good centre back at right back and leave our best right back on the bench is baffling at best?

Thought Done was terrible and I'm a big fan of his,Davies could play till next week and he won't get a kick against them 2 defenders while we employ them tactics.

One of the biggest mysteries to me is while we are losing and in desperate need of a goal why in God's name when Blackburn have a corner EVERY single one of our players are in our own box,it just encourages pressure, if we get the chance to clear it just keeps coming straight back at us,for a former defender his ideas on defending are sometimes staggering from where I'm sat....

Not only today, but for the last couple of seasons at least, it hasnt mattered what the score is, all our players are back defending corners, there may be one or two not in the penalty box but these are always two yards at the most outside it. Baffling to say the least.
As for Done was "terrible", words fail me.
Login to get fewer ads

Problems on 21:27 - Sep 9 with 2820 viewsnordenblue

Problems on 21:16 - Sep 9 by soulboy

Not only today, but for the last couple of seasons at least, it hasnt mattered what the score is, all our players are back defending corners, there may be one or two not in the penalty box but these are always two yards at the most outside it. Baffling to say the least.
As for Done was "terrible", words fail me.

Can't understand why you wouldn't keep Done or someone with pace and not very tall on the halfway just to hit a long clearance to chase down,and give the opposition something to think about,you are just inviting them to throw more men forward knowing they've nothing to defend against,it's staggering
Problems on 21:44 - Sep 9 with 2736 views49thseason

Problems on 21:09 - Sep 9 by Dale2017

Unfortunately I can't agree on kitching. I think he went missing for big chunks and didn't offer much but each to their own I guess.

Was really impressed with Williams (loanee). Was a dominant presence in the middle of park and he can play too. Just wish the strike in the second half went in he deserved a goal for his performance today.

Not sure what is wrong with Davies he looks so unfit and so far off the pace at times.

I am not getting too down about the current situation but we need to improve quickly otherwise we could start playing with desperation and increased pressure which won't help the team.

The team need our support now more than ever, starting Tuesday and going forward.

I am thinking that given the illness in the camp that forced Davis off at half time against Bury. Maybe he can only manage an hour or so at the moment and that in better circumstances (Andrew being fit) he may not have had to start today.
Problems on 21:54 - Sep 9 with 2677 viewsmingthemerciless

Problems on 21:27 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

Can't understand why you wouldn't keep Done or someone with pace and not very tall on the halfway just to hit a long clearance to chase down,and give the opposition something to think about,you are just inviting them to throw more men forward knowing they've nothing to defend against,it's staggering

It's a modern football thing. I can't understand it either. Put your smallest quick forward on the halfway line and the opposition would have to put at least one player with him. That gets two bodies at least out of the box and then the corner taker makes three. So you could have a two man defensive advantage in the box.

It's like this fashion for playing right footers on the left wing and vice versa. I don't get that one either.
Problems on 22:07 - Sep 9 with 2618 views49thseason

Team vs Bradford at the end of last season:
Rochdale
25Logan
2Rafferty
6McGahey
4McNulty
39Bunney
10Camps
8LundBooked at 77minsSubstituted for Noble-Lazarusat 86'minutes
24Allen
11Mendez-Laing
40HendersonSubstituted for McDermott at 11'minutes substitute for Cannon at 72'minutes
9Andrew
Substitutes
5Canavan
7Vincenti
12McDermott
13Wilson
14Rathbone
16Noble-Lazarus
27Cannon

There are only 7 players in today's squad who were in the Match squad on the last day of last season. 8 of the side vs Bradford have moved on. This must be one of Keiths biggest squad reshuffles since he returned from Barnsley.
Problems on 22:58 - Sep 9 with 2459 viewsonedalefan

Problems on 21:27 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

At one point in the first half, Done went towards the wing in front of the dugouts as Blackburn got a corner with 2 defenders going with him. Before the corner got taken, he was sent back to provide a 2nd man against the corner being taken short. Obviously a manager instruction.
Problems on 00:26 - Sep 10 with 2336 views1907

Was it only me that saw Williams totally lose his man for the first goal? Worst Keith Hill side I've ever seen
Problems on 00:56 - Sep 10 with 2276 viewsD_Alien

Problems on 00:26 - Sep 10 by 1907

Was it only me that saw Williams totally lose his man for the first goal? Worst Keith Hill side I've ever seen

You forgot to add "you mark my words"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Problems on 10:17 - Sep 10 with 1994 viewsBarrowdale

Also can we take at least 1 inswinging corner each game. Floating a nothing chip to the 6yd box is utterly pointless. 2nd half Bunney nearly managed to take one but Rathbone took it off him and didnt beat the near post defender. Rubbish!
Problems on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 1920 viewsaleanddale

Not great yesterday but here are the positives from my vantage point.

Moore did nothing wrong at all til the clanger... he will be gutted about that.

MJ Williams looked our best player. Will only get better and stronger.

Harrison McGahey looked our best defender and had a great game.

Donervan Daniels lots to like thought he did well.

Concerns

Big Jim!! - ok when facing the ball and DEFENDING but the distribution from the back is woeful.

Sad to say but I think Raff has to start at Right back and Daniels needs to partner McGahey as a centre half pairing.

Davies looks way off but our game plan yesterday did him no favours.

My team for Tuesday would be >> ( I know that below will be miles off )

Lillis

Raff - Daniels - McGahey - Bunney

Inman - MJ Williams - Rathbone - J Williams

Done - Davies
Problems on 11:46 - Sep 10 with 1811 viewsTVOS1907

Problems on 22:07 - Sep 9 by 49thseason

Team vs Bradford at the end of last season:
Rochdale
25Logan
2Rafferty
6McGahey
4McNulty
39Bunney
10Camps
8LundBooked at 77minsSubstituted for Noble-Lazarusat 86'minutes
24Allen
11Mendez-Laing
40HendersonSubstituted for McDermott at 11'minutes substitute for Cannon at 72'minutes
9Andrew
Substitutes
5Canavan
7Vincenti
12McDermott
13Wilson
14Rathbone
16Noble-Lazarus
27Cannon

There are only 7 players in today's squad who were in the Match squad on the last day of last season. 8 of the side vs Bradford have moved on. This must be one of Keiths biggest squad reshuffles since he returned from Barnsley.

Of more interest/concern is the fact that nine players who started the opening day game at Portsmouth didn't start or weren't involved yesterday!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024