Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Alexander 12:05 - May 14 with 5532 viewsIOMDale

Appointed as Salford's new manager. Bit of a coup.

UTDNFS

Graham Alexander on 12:11 - May 14 with 5508 viewsnordenblue

Chris Lucketti as assistant too,spending some money on that duo I'd imagine. They're wanting to get into the league and seems like they've got the finances to back it too
Graham Alexander on 13:25 - May 14 with 5283 viewsEllDale

I think that Chris Casper is Director of Football or some other similar title there as well.
Graham Alexander on 14:07 - May 14 with 5182 viewsBarryStrange

Well if this doesn't justify yet more media exposure for another Man Utd spin-off professional club Greater Manchester didn't need I don't know what will.
Graham Alexander on 14:31 - May 14 with 5144 viewsBartRowou

With you on that, Barry.
Why don't they start these new teams where there aren't any professional clubs? Rutland, Cornwall and The Isle of Wight spring to mind.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Graham Alexander on 14:36 - May 14 with 5131 viewsSalwaDale

Allegedly signing Danny Whitehead from Macc. Quintupling his wages to$2,500 pw.

TBBT

Graham Alexander on 14:48 - May 14 with 5106 viewsnordenblue

Graham Alexander on 14:31 - May 14 by BartRowou

With you on that, Barry.
Why don't they start these new teams where there aren't any professional clubs? Rutland, Cornwall and The Isle of Wight spring to mind.

What new team,Salford City's been around since 1940.
Graham Alexander on 15:27 - May 14 with 5025 viewsBartRowou

Graham Alexander on 14:48 - May 14 by nordenblue

What new team,Salford City's been around since 1940.

Good point.
I meant why don't those rich people pump their money into established clubs where there aren't any professional ones currently.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Graham Alexander on 16:25 - May 14 with 4900 viewsFrog

What's happened to the 2 guys who got them promoted?
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Alexander on 16:32 - May 14 with 4888 viewsSuddenLad

Graham Alexander on 16:25 - May 14 by Frog

What's happened to the 2 guys who got them promoted?

Left due to a major 'difference' in how they saw the future direction of the club. Reading between the lines, the owners wanted a single manager, not a partnership. Neither of the joint managers would agree to that, so off they went.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Graham Alexander on 17:12 - May 14 with 4792 viewsEllDale

Without wishing to sound a snob, on those TV documentaries they did come across as being a bit rough and ready. Old school ranters and ravers.
They did their job in getting Salford into the conference and now they can go to the likes of Stockport, Hyde or FCUM and try and repeat the process with them.
I wouldn't be surprised if Salford go fulltime now and would need a manager with more acumen.
Graham Alexander on 17:33 - May 14 with 4740 views442Dale

Graham Alexander on 17:12 - May 14 by EllDale

Without wishing to sound a snob, on those TV documentaries they did come across as being a bit rough and ready. Old school ranters and ravers.
They did their job in getting Salford into the conference and now they can go to the likes of Stockport, Hyde or FCUM and try and repeat the process with them.
I wouldn't be surprised if Salford go fulltime now and would need a manager with more acumen.

They’re already full time and the joint bosses signed two year deals last year presumably thinking they’d hopefully get a chance to manage the club in the Conference/National League if they won promotion. Obviously things change.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Graham Alexander on 18:00 - May 14 with 4673 viewsBrierls

Graham Alexander on 12:11 - May 14 by nordenblue

Chris Lucketti as assistant too,spending some money on that duo I'd imagine. They're wanting to get into the league and seems like they've got the finances to back it too

It's a step up for Lucketti but I'm sure its something he'll relish after briefly working with amateurs.
Graham Alexander on 20:29 - May 14 with 4443 viewsBFC1885

Graham Alexander on 18:00 - May 14 by Brierls

It's a step up for Lucketti but I'm sure its something he'll relish after briefly working with amateurs.

Arf!
Graham Alexander on 07:48 - May 15 with 4032 viewsEllDale

Alexander and Lucketti may find the Conference harder than they think.
There are a lot of fulltime clubs in there, some with just as money behind them eg Fylde.

What sort of gates do Salford get as a matter of interest? There aren't many away fans when the likes of Bromley and Borehamwood come visiting on a Tuesday night in November when the champions league is on.
Graham Alexander on 10:36 - May 15 with 3891 viewsjoecooke

Graham Alexander on 07:48 - May 15 by EllDale

There are a lot of fulltime clubs in there, some with just as money behind them eg Fylde.

What sort of gates do Salford get as a matter of interest? There aren't many away fans when the likes of Bromley and Borehamwood come visiting on a Tuesday night in November when the champions league is on.

I think that the class of 92 only have 50% share and Peter Lim has the other 50% so the money issue wont pose any problems as Lim is worth Billions.

I think there is potential for bigger crowds as Salford has a large population,whether they can grow the crowds is open for debate.

They will just pay top money for players from the league above although how that fits in with financial fair play will be very interesting if the crowds dont improve.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Graham Alexander on 15:51 - May 15 with 3573 viewsAtThePeake

Graham Alexander on 07:48 - May 15 by EllDale

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/salford-city/attendances

Tangled up in blue.

Graham Alexander on 18:20 - May 15 with 3387 viewsaleanddale

Graham Alexander on 18:00 - May 14 by Brierls

Could easily be playing the gigglers next season
Graham Alexander on 21:20 - May 15 with 3280 viewsSuddenLad

The departed managerial duo, have just been appointed as joint managers of Chester.

http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/05/15/breaking-anthony-johnson-bernard-morley-are-
[Post edited 15 May 2018 21:30]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Graham Alexander on 21:22 - May 15 with 3274 viewsTVOS1907

Graham Alexander on 21:20 - May 15 by SuddenLad

The departed managerial duo, have just been appointed as joint managers of Chester.

http://www.chesterfc.com/2018/05/15/breaking-anthony-johnson-bernard-morley-are-
[Post edited 15 May 2018 21:30]

They'll fit in well there!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024