Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The wind 14:02 - Feb 8 with 1511 viewsjudd

Assuming the wind remains as gusty and strong tomorrow as it is today, and that we win the toss, should I put ketchup or brown sauce on my meat & potato pie, or none?

The purchase of the pie assumes money is not an object disclaimer.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The wind on 14:11 - Feb 8 with 1476 viewsSuddenLad

None.......,or you might end up wearing it......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The wind on 14:14 - Feb 8 with 1467 viewskiwidale

There is no place for ketchup on a meat and tatter pie. I cant believe you asked.

This is not the time for bickering.

The wind on 14:15 - Feb 8 with 1465 viewsjudd

The wind on 14:11 - Feb 8 by SuddenLad

None.......,or you might end up wearing it......

None in terms of sauce or pie?

The wind on 14:28 - Feb 8 with 1438 viewsSuddenLad

The wind on 14:15 - Feb 8 by judd

None in terms of sauce or pie?

Eat the pie, without the sauce......grip it tightly to avoid disappointment

The wind on 14:38 - Feb 8 with 1422 viewsjudd

The wind on 14:28 - Feb 8 by SuddenLad

Eat the pie, without the sauce......grip it tightly to avoid disappointment

Should the wind take hold of the assumed pie and it lands on the pitch, would our emergency keeper be allowed to throw it back to me, or would that risk an injury to either him, me or another spectator?

Or assuming the pie is fully intact and laden with a currently unspecified sauce topping, could we assume a ketchup/brown sauce mass/volume that would ensure optimum weight loading and aerodynamics for a safe flight of a returning pie?

Not sure if we should assume such sauces as liquid or solid tbh.

The wind on 14:54 - Feb 8 with 1388 viewsSuddenLad

The wind on 14:38 - Feb 8 by judd

Should the wind take hold of the assumed pie and it lands on the pitch, would our emergency keeper be allowed to throw it back to me, or would that risk an injury to either him, me or another spectator?

Or assuming the pie is fully intact and laden with a currently unspecified sauce topping, could we assume a ketchup/brown sauce mass/volume that would ensure optimum weight loading and aerodynamics for a safe flight of a returning pie?

Liquid. Can be poured at room temperature.

Accidental removal and transportation of said pie, by fierce wind, from the hand of the holder/purchaser/owner is unfortunate. If it lands on the field of play, there could be ramifications.

Returning the pie to owner, by means of intentionally throwing it from the field of play, by any participating player, including the emergency loanee, would inevitably lead to a red card for throwing a missile into the crowd.

That would initiate new enquiries for yet another emergency loan keeper to cover for the (then) suspended emergency loan keeper. This means there is yet loan player at the club bringing further selection headaches.

And all because of a bloody pie without sauce.

The wind on 15:05 - Feb 8 with 1352 viewsDaleiLama

The wind on 14:38 - Feb 8 by judd

These are fundamental questions which can be simply answered with empirical science. Any liquid topping will remain a liquid at tomorrows' match-day ambient conditions. Unless it is blown extra hard and then it might become a spatter, which is just a sub-set of liquid and not really a dense gas at all.

Imho though, the only sauce which should be eaten with a m&p pie is gravy (beef preferably) and mushy peas. Mushy peas are similar to water in that they can exist in three different states - solid, liquid and gas depending on which stage of the digestive process they are encountered. It's unlikely that they will appear as a gas so soon after consumption, however, so I wouldn't worry too much about the wind in the OP.

Oh, and if you are thinking of gripping your pie so loosely that it ends up in the keepers mits, I may have a cheeky bet that he takes a bite out of it. It won't be on the telly though. Sometimes life can be stranger than fiction?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The wind on 15:06 - Feb 8 with 1347 viewsD_Alien

Yet another reason why we should've kept Steve Davies. Any pies heading towards the pitch wouldn't have touched the ground, although he'd have been out for another six weeks in the rescue attempt

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

The wind on 15:10 - Feb 8 with 1334 viewselectricblue

The wind on 14:14 - Feb 8 by kiwidale

There is no place for ketchup on a meat and tatter pie. I cant believe you asked.

Mash some vinegar into the middle then add mushy peas and a touch of gravy...
Sorted....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The wind on 15:14 - Feb 8 with 1320 viewsJimmyRustler

If it keeps up then there's gonna be tyres everywhere (there's enough spare ones in the Sandy as it is)
The wind on 15:25 - Feb 8 with 1286 viewsjudd

There's some weird fookers on here.

Assuming we now sell peas I would decline them.

And Jimmy Rustler, I do empathise with your name on windy days like today. Hope you've not got tinnitus or owt.

The wind on 15:29 - Feb 8 with 1275 viewsDalenet

The wind on 15:14 - Feb 8 by JimmyRustler

If it keeps up then there's gonna be tyres everywhere (there's enough spare ones in the Sandy as it is)

There will be more spare tyres if everybody keeps eating said pies.

Has nobody got any work to do this Friday afternoon. No wonder GDP growth is at risk. 😊
The wind on 15:31 - Feb 8 with 1267 viewsD_Alien

The wind on 15:29 - Feb 8 by Dalenet

Has nobody got any work to do this Friday afternoon. No wonder GDP growth is at risk. 😊

Is GDP a metaphor for our pies?

The wind on 15:35 - Feb 8 with 1250 viewsjudd

The wind on 15:29 - Feb 8 by Dalenet

Late, erm, lunch today.

The wind on 15:47 - Feb 8 with 1216 viewsrochdale_ranger

The wind on 15:06 - Feb 8 by D_Alien

Yet another reason why we should've kept Steve Davies. Any pies heading towards the pitch wouldn't have touched the ground, although he'd have been out for another six weeks in the rescue attempt

IM just glad that you at a point where you can make light of the fatty Davies situation.
The wind on 16:04 - Feb 8 with 1176 viewskel

Get an CHEESE and onion pie. Problem solved.

You’re welcome.
The wind on 16:16 - Feb 8 with 1159 viewsjudd

The wind on 16:04 - Feb 8 by kel

Get an CHEESE and onion pie. Problem solved.

You’re welcome.

No need to assume that you're an ASSHOLE

The wind on 16:34 - Feb 8 with 1116 viewsD_Alien

The wind on 15:47 - Feb 8 by rochdale_ranger

IM just glad that you at a point where you can make light of the fatty Davies situation.

Your concern is touching

But making light of Davies? Am i a magician or what?

The wind on 16:46 - Feb 8 with 1086 viewsAncoats_Blue

Dunno. Will you put a poll on here?
The wind on 16:51 - Feb 8 with 1075 viewsJames1980

The wind on 16:46 - Feb 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Dunno. Will you put a poll on here?

All polls must be approved by at least one clique. Any poll submitted by myself is automatically rejected.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024