Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeepers 09:17 - Oct 2 with 2891 views56years

How did Lynch play yesterday? Is there any question of him replacing Sanchez at any point or is it a clear one and two in the pecking order?
With Josh making a new career as a full back ....
Goalkeepers on 10:55 - Oct 2 with 2746 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought Lynch had a really good game.

Never once looked like spilling the ball, looked solid, good kicking and looked decent with his feet as well.

Pulled off a great save in the first half.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Goalkeepers on 11:55 - Oct 2 with 2655 viewstodmordendale

It was refreshing to have little messing about around the back. He looks confident and made a brilliant penalty save. Won us the game.
Goalkeepers on 12:58 - Oct 2 with 2544 viewsboromat

I think Lynch is better than Josh.

Sanchez is obviously more comfortable with the ball at his feet and trusted more by the defenders in tight scenarios. There was much more long clearances last night. Saying that Lynch's distribution was very good and his long kicking was probably more consistent than Sanchez's.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Goalkeepers on 15:53 - Oct 2 with 2392 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Still on topic,it would be nice to know what was happening with Josh Lillis. I guess he is still on the payroll?

Rumours of a fall out on here some months ago but is there an impasse....is Josh still training with us for instance? We certainly don't need 4 keepers when we are crying out for one decent striker to get us a goal or two....

Anyone in the know?
Goalkeepers on 16:02 - Oct 2 with 2355 views442Dale

Goalkeepers on 12:58 - Oct 2 by boromat

I think Lynch is better than Josh.

Sanchez is obviously more comfortable with the ball at his feet and trusted more by the defenders in tight scenarios. There was much more long clearances last night. Saying that Lynch's distribution was very good and his long kicking was probably more consistent than Sanchez's.

Never one to dismiss the ‘all about opinions’ on here, but not sure how it’s possible to rate Lynch as better than Lillis just yet when the latter has played so consistently over the years. Plus Sanchez has to build confidence with his decision making after some of the errors in recent weeks.
What is true is that Sanchez commands his box really well and claims crosses/punches well and is a good shot stopper.

The whole situation is baffling though, as to be left with so many keepers is not great management of our limited budget.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Goalkeepers on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 1999 viewsboromat

Goalkeepers on 16:02 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

Never one to dismiss the ‘all about opinions’ on here, but not sure how it’s possible to rate Lynch as better than Lillis just yet when the latter has played so consistently over the years. Plus Sanchez has to build confidence with his decision making after some of the errors in recent weeks.
What is true is that Sanchez commands his box really well and claims crosses/punches well and is a good shot stopper.

The whole situation is baffling though, as to be left with so many keepers is not great management of our limited budget.

Yes obviously a long way to go with Lynch yet but on the handful or less appearances so far he's looked better than Josh, in my opinion.

Josh has always been an average steady as you go goalkeeper. Not technically outstanding but consistency at this level is what has made him such a great servant to the club.

Sanchez ability is far and above the greater of the three but he takes more risks and lacks consistency because if it. What I've seen of Lynch so far is he looks more in the mold of Lillis but with better feet and distribution. We shall see.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Goalkeepers on 11:32 - Oct 3 with 1754 viewsTomRAFC

Lynch has obviously been brought in as a long term option. When Collis first came in as a keeper coach I noticed an improvement in Josh, so hopefully spending a season with Collis will help with Lynch getting up to league 1 level (not that he hasn't impressed already). Lynch will getting game time in the reserves as well as these cups game, which can only be a good thing.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024