Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever? 07:32 - Dec 19 with 2497 views56years

Reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup and the EFL Cup in the same season. In all my years of support I can never remember it happening and to then draw two Premier League teams in the 3rd round is dream land in comparison to only a few years ago and certainly in comparison to most of my decades of support! This in a season where we have a squad decimated by injuries is an amazing achievement.
Have we ever? on 08:06 - Dec 19 with 2463 viewsseasidedale

As far as I know no, we have only started getting past the 2nd round of the league cup over past few years, before that the only time we have got to the 3rd round (and beyond) was when we got to the final.
I think the only other time we have had Premier league /1st division in the comps in same season is 70/71 (Crystal Palance and Coventry), but could be wrong
Have we ever? on 09:14 - Dec 19 with 2386 viewsFrites

Where is TVOS 1907 when you need him - he is bound to know!
Have we ever? on 09:25 - Dec 19 with 2357 viewsTVOS1907

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Have we ever? on 11:05 - Dec 19 with 2257 views56years

Thank you - TVOS1907 - it was initially pointed out to me by a friend who supports Chesterfield. He was comparing the relative paths of the 2 clubs in the last 10 years, the development of our youth players and thought our fans would be very happy, celebrating our success .................
Have we ever? on 11:28 - Dec 19 with 2228 viewsAtThePeake

A great achievement but we have had a bit of luck with the draws in the earlier rounds too. The only team we have played that isn't from a league below was a Bolton youth side.

Tangled up in blue.

Have we ever? on 12:02 - Dec 19 with 2189 viewsDorsetDale

Have we ever? on 11:28 - Dec 19 by AtThePeake

A great achievement but we have had a bit of luck with the draws in the earlier rounds too. The only team we have played that isn't from a league below was a Bolton youth side.

There was a time not too long ago when we'd rather draw a side from our own division or even higher.
Way too many banana skins hit at full pelt have seen us attempt to land on our feet only to double somersault on to our kicked arses!

We've learnt how to win when not the under dog, often not pretty but we've learnt.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Have we ever? on 16:59 - Dec 19 with 2086 views56years

Couldn't agree more - in the 1960s and 1970s I used to dread drawing a non league club - any body remember Altrincham?!
For all the faults of our team this year, which are well documented on this forum, they seem to have a tremendous team spirit which keeps them going even in very difficut circumstances . Even the best teams in the world don't play like world beaters every time but they are hard to beat and scrap for a victory if necessary. Young and old in our team - that is exactly what I see.
Have we ever? on 19:05 - Dec 19 with 2014 viewsDalenet

Have we ever? on 11:05 - Dec 19 by 56years

Thank you - TVOS1907 - it was initially pointed out to me by a friend who supports Chesterfield. He was comparing the relative paths of the 2 clubs in the last 10 years, the development of our youth players and thought our fans would be very happy, celebrating our success .................

Seeing how the Chesterfield fans must be feeling about their recent decline does put our moans into perspective. The foundations of the academy and the development of players we have picked up usually for free has been a massive change for us. I do have to remind myself of that every time I get a bit frustrated with stuff the club do sometimes. 85% of what is done is great - miraculous perhaps. I'd much rather have cake all the time rather than just having the icing on top and finding that the cake has been lost
Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever? on 19:06 - Dec 19 with 2011 viewsseasidedale

Droylesden was far worse than Altrincham
Have we ever? on 20:28 - Dec 19 with 1911 viewsFrites

Have we ever? on 19:05 - Dec 19 by Dalenet

Seeing how the Chesterfield fans must be feeling about their recent decline does put our moans into perspective. The foundations of the academy and the development of players we have picked up usually for free has been a massive change for us. I do have to remind myself of that every time I get a bit frustrated with stuff the club do sometimes. 85% of what is done is great - miraculous perhaps. I'd much rather have cake all the time rather than just having the icing on top and finding that the cake has been lost

Well said - when I talk to friends who support teams like Oldham, Hartlepool, Notts County they can't quite believe it when I tell them about some of the things people get really worked up about on this forum. The joys of social media I suppose!
Have we ever? on 21:51 - Dec 19 with 1805 viewsSuddenLad

Have we ever? on 19:06 - Dec 19 by seasidedale

Droylesden was far worse than Altrincham

Telford at home losing 4-1 was the very worst of the lot. My personal choice for 'worst game ever witnessed' as a Dale fan. I'll never forget it and I saw the Droylsden and Altrincham games as well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Have we ever? on 21:58 - Dec 19 with 1781 viewsD_Alien

Have we ever? on 21:51 - Dec 19 by SuddenLad

Telford at home losing 4-1 was the very worst of the lot. My personal choice for 'worst game ever witnessed' as a Dale fan. I'll never forget it and I saw the Droylsden and Altrincham games as well.

Still think Grantham in late '73 trumps the lot

It's quite a list...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Have we ever? on 03:07 - Dec 20 with 1651 viewspioneer

Have we ever? on 21:58 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

Still think Grantham in late '73 trumps the lot

It's quite a list...

Yes definitely Grantham! Bearing in mind we were in the third tier and they ran rings round us.

It was a day for hiding all sharp implements at home.

But Droylesden was close... a team with several players who looked like they were out of the local pub team yet still outplayed us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024