Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling 12:47 - Jul 16 with 4877 viewsaleanddale

Looks like the ISIS Bride will be given a reprieve.

Latest ruling today is that she should be given a chance to bring the appeal in person to the UK.

It should be so easy... Look we know your young but this is serious. We cant stop you going and if its what you want to do be our guest! BUT you will be giving up your British citizenship and you will NEVER set foot in this country ever again whatever your circumstances.

We are so multi cultural and that is to be applauded and welcome as we have plenty of non white British people & immigrant asylum seekers who do wonderful things for this counrty. Any person though travelling to an area that is ISIS controlled needs to know there will be grave consequence for these actions.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:02 - Jul 16 with 3423 viewsTipperaryDale

The thing is, if she's not British, then what is she?

Think she should return here, face the full weight of the law and rot in a British prison.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:30 - Jul 16 with 3373 viewsjudd

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:02 - Jul 16 by TipperaryDale

The thing is, if she's not British, then what is she?

Think she should return here, face the full weight of the law and rot in a British prison.

In February, a tribunal ruled that removing Ms Begum's citizenship was lawful because she was "a citizen of Bangladesh by descent".

Poll: What is it to be then?

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 3357 viewsTipperaryDale

It doesn't seem right to deny someone citizenship on the grounds that they might be able to claim citizenship of some other country, a country which would get no say about that. Why should Bangladesh have to take her in, simply because a parent was born there?

I mean, this is partly why the decision was overturned. So yeah, turns out you can't just dump the problem onto someone else.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:42 - Jul 16 with 3337 views100notout

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:38 - Jul 16 by TipperaryDale

It doesn't seem right to deny someone citizenship on the grounds that they might be able to claim citizenship of some other country, a country which would get no say about that. Why should Bangladesh have to take her in, simply because a parent was born there?

I mean, this is partly why the decision was overturned. So yeah, turns out you can't just dump the problem onto someone else.

"Dump"?

She chose to go to Syria
Syria accepted her
Thats where she is (and should stay).

No "dump" at all

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:44 - Jul 16 with 3333 viewsjudd

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:38 - Jul 16 by TipperaryDale

Under international law, it is legal to remove someone's citizenship if they are entitled to citizenship of another country.

In the UK, someone can have their citizenship stripped by the home secretary
if it is "for the public good" and would not make them stateless.

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:47 - Jul 16 with 3328 viewsTipperaryDale

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:42 - Jul 16 by 100notout

"Dump"?

She chose to go to Syria
Syria accepted her
Thats where she is (and should stay).

No "dump" at all

What has Syria got to do with Bangladesh?

She is not welcome in Syria - she has actively fought its government.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:51 - Jul 16 with 3318 viewsTipperaryDale

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:44 - Jul 16 by judd

Under international law, it is legal to remove someone's citizenship if they are entitled to citizenship of another country.

In the UK, someone can have their citizenship stripped by the home secretary
if it is "for the public good" and would not make them stateless.

So what if Bangladesh denied that citizenship if she applied for it? - after all, she is a terrorist and a security threat - the chances of someone getting a British passport, no matter if they had a British parent, would be zero. Bangladesh is a third party to this argument, and effectively are being treated as a dumping ground with no say at all who is allowed into their country.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:09 - Jul 16 with 3260 viewsD_Alien

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 13:51 - Jul 16 by TipperaryDale

So what if Bangladesh denied that citizenship if she applied for it? - after all, she is a terrorist and a security threat - the chances of someone getting a British passport, no matter if they had a British parent, would be zero. Bangladesh is a third party to this argument, and effectively are being treated as a dumping ground with no say at all who is allowed into their country.

But that's precisely what Bangladesh have done, deny her citizenship, so hardly "no say"

Where that leaves her if she returns to the UK to make her case in a British court, is here, and that's where she'll most likely stay, one way or another, with her one? remaining child who is entitled to British citizenship

[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:11 - Jul 16 with 3268 viewsTipperaryDale

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:09 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

But that's precisely what Bangladesh have done, deny her citizenship, so hardly "no say"

Where that leaves her if she returns to the UK to make her case in a British court, is here, and that's where she'll most likely stay, one way or another, with her one? remaining child who is entitled to British citizenship

Yes.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:34 - Jul 16 with 3215 viewsbluevein64

I share your opinion, the UK Government just can't dump the Shamima Begum problem onto someone else, I've heard (read) people say that she should return to the UK and face the full weight of the law (in soft touch land that's not going to be very heavy ) whist others have stated that what amounts to " she's made her bed..." ultimately I believe that this is the first phase of her regaining her British citizenship and returning to reside in the UK, which was always going to be the case (I don't have a crystal ball) she'll return still hating Britain, the British and their allies, be a constant drain upon national security and social financial benefits resources and offer absolutely nothing in return and so on - slightly diverting, when I viewed her initial interview (Times Journalist) I got the impression that she saw herself and wanted others to see her as a blameless victim and reverted to childlike mode "I saw a severed head in a bin and I wasn't phased" stone faced seeming lacking any emotion which didn't do her any favors, my interpretation was that is she was trying to inform her audience, whom at that time she believed would be on her side that she's endured hardship, been brave, she'll get over it, pregnant, please don't worry about me - which obviously back fired, had she been wailing hysterically, admitting her guilt and begging forgiveness then I believe she'd have been back in the UK long ago - I realize that this is a Football (lack of it at our level) forum however, it's a very interesting Political/Legal minefield, I don't profess to know the answers but I'd welcome your comments.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:45 - Jul 16 with 3198 viewsjudd

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:09 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

Your first question asked that if she was not British what is she?

Bangladeshi citizenship was cited as being the reason for her being stripped of British citizenship. That Bangladesh saw her as a terrorist and therefore declined her as one of its' citizens is why the right of appeal against Britain has been granted.

Britain cannot leave her stateless.

Personally would tell her to fook off, she's not welcome to soak up taxpayer funds in a cushy UK prison.

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:52 - Jul 16 with 3185 viewsfinberty

Stand by for two things:

The non-appearance of a criminal charge of treason.

The appearance of an argument under the HRA amounting to various rights including right to life, freedom of expression, privacy.

All paid for by us of course.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 15:24 - Jul 16 with 3136 viewsAncoats_Blue

I’m torn on this. In my mind she’s been groomed as a kid, religiously and politically. In my mind the priority should be that the root of the problem needs addressing. Who has poisoned her mind and sent her out to Syria? Go after them to avoid this happening again.

That all said, I feel some sort of example needs making of someone. She was Over the age of criminal responsibility so that holds weight. A 15 year old should know right from wrong and you can’t go off and commit acts of barbarism abroad and decide to come back to the UK as if nothing happened. What I’ve read and seen she does show little remorse.

What’s happened to the other retuned ISIS fighters? There were estimated to be around 1500 ISIS members from Britain. Why is Shamima Begum the most high profile of these?

I imagine this will drag on from some time and continue to be a divisive topic.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 17:29 - Jul 16 with 3040 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 15:24 - Jul 16 by Ancoats_Blue

I’m torn on this. In my mind she’s been groomed as a kid, religiously and politically. In my mind the priority should be that the root of the problem needs addressing. Who has poisoned her mind and sent her out to Syria? Go after them to avoid this happening again.

That all said, I feel some sort of example needs making of someone. She was Over the age of criminal responsibility so that holds weight. A 15 year old should know right from wrong and you can’t go off and commit acts of barbarism abroad and decide to come back to the UK as if nothing happened. What I’ve read and seen she does show little remorse.

What’s happened to the other retuned ISIS fighters? There were estimated to be around 1500 ISIS members from Britain. Why is Shamima Begum the most high profile of these?

I imagine this will drag on from some time and continue to be a divisive topic.

I agree, and yes it’s divisive, but there is a legal process to follow. If The govt has acted lawfully where will they then send her to? . She will be back permanantly whatever the outcome .

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 18:43 - Jul 16 with 2962 viewsD_Alien

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:45 - Jul 16 by judd

Bangladeshi citizenship was cited as being the reason for her being stripped of British citizenship. That Bangladesh saw her as a terrorist and therefore declined her as one of its' citizens is why the right of appeal against Britain has been granted.

Personally would tell her to fook off, she's not welcome to soak up taxpayer funds in a cushy UK prison.

That's not a question i posed, unless you've replied to me by mistake

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 20:24 - Jul 16 with 2880 viewsjudd

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 18:43 - Jul 16 by D_Alien

That's not a question i posed, unless you've replied to me by mistake

I just wanted an argument.

It was meant to reply to TipperaryDale.

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 20:27 - Jul 16 with 2871 viewstodmordendale

The government have said the decision of this court will be appealed. She will not be back for some time, if ever.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 21:09 - Jul 16 with 2816 viewsdownunder

How much money, time, and column space will be wasted on this. And other similar cases. Move on and build a hospital.
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 21:59 - Jul 16 with 2758 viewsShun

It’s not a story I’ve followed in much detail, but if/when she does return home, will she be tried for her crimes?
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 23:06 - Jul 16 with 2710 viewsD_Alien

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 20:24 - Jul 16 by judd

I just wanted an argument.

It was meant to reply to TipperaryDale.

That's a shame, it's a while since i've had a decent one too

Argument...

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 00:37 - Jul 17 with 2667 viewsmikehunt

So where are my human rights in all this? I don’t want this person back in my country. I don’t trust her (or her ilk) and feel threatened by the likes of her. So do the likes of me not have a voice?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 08:48 - Jul 17 with 2577 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 00:37 - Jul 17 by mikehunt

So where are my human rights in all this? I don’t want this person back in my country. I don’t trust her (or her ilk) and feel threatened by the likes of her. So do the likes of me not have a voice?

You have an opinion, you just expressed it, same as anyone else. It appears no country wants her, including Syria, hence the legal arguments. There have been hundreds of actual fighters return from supporting ISIS without this much publicity though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 09:13 - Jul 17 with 2557 viewsTipperaryDale

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 14:45 - Jul 16 by judd

Fook off to where?
Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 09:16 - Jul 17 with 2556 viewsmikehunt

Cheers Riddler. Thanks for helping me focus on the salient point of where does she belong. I hadn’t looked past my initial outrage.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 09:58 - Jul 17 with 2533 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shamima Begum the ISIS Bride New High Court Ruling on 09:16 - Jul 17 by mikehunt

Cheers Riddler. Thanks for helping me focus on the salient point of where does she belong. I hadn’t looked past my initial outrage.

Ouch! I don’t understand why hundreds of others have returned having not had their citizenship revoked if it is to do with national security.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024