Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New manager FRED 22:56 - Jun 30 with 16488 viewskel

What’s everyone thinking then?

Personally reckon Wilbraham will at least apply after taking charge at Shrewsbury while their manager was ill. Not saying I want him or owt but he might fancy his chances.
New manager FRED on 23:01 - Jun 30 with 6764 viewsTVOS1907

Not for me, sorry.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New manager FRED on 23:04 - Jun 30 with 6711 viewsShun

Well, Tony Ellis continues to do a brilliant job with the youth team, having this season won the cup and come 2nd in the league, and all with players BBM decided would never make it in the first team. I'll throw my hat in for him.
New manager FRED on 23:06 - Jun 30 with 6683 viewskel

Btw have I ever mentioned I’m mates with a manger a couple of divisions below us?
New manager FRED on 23:16 - Jun 30 with 6599 viewsdownunder

I have a gut feeling that Grant Holt will become a good manager. Something about his background and attitude. According to his biography, he loved his times at Spotland.
New manager FRED on 23:20 - Jun 30 with 6553 viewsD_Alien

New manager FRED on 23:04 - Jun 30 by Shun

Well, Tony Ellis continues to do a brilliant job with the youth team, having this season won the cup and come 2nd in the league, and all with players BBM decided would never make it in the first team. I'll throw my hat in for him.

Good shout that

I've already mentioned McShane but if he's not in the running the club could do worse than give Ellis a chance, as happened with KH from the youth set up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New manager FRED on 08:59 - Jul 1 with 6060 viewselectricblue

Ellis is a decent shout but i would leave him where he is, also Holt is a decent call aswell.....

This is the boards biggest challenge in their few weeks from taking their roles, they may require experienced help on this selection......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New manager FRED on 09:05 - Jul 1 with 6013 viewsdalenumber2

Meanwhile over on Facebook two different people have claimed that they have ‘inside information’ and that Hill and Flitcroft will be announced this morning. Please no!
New manager FRED on 09:34 - Jul 1 with 5901 viewsseasidedale

I think regardless of who is appointed, with everything that happening over the past few weeks we need to stick together all the more and support the club in every way possible.
Login to get fewer ads

New manager FRED on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 5871 viewsNafelad

New manager FRED on 09:05 - Jul 1 by dalenumber2

Meanwhile over on Facebook two different people have claimed that they have ‘inside information’ and that Hill and Flitcroft will be announced this morning. Please no!

Meanwhile, over in the fan zone, we continue to speculate about what's going on at 'our club'!

Topcat

New manager FRED on 09:41 - Jul 1 with 5856 viewskel

I’ve just seen someone on Facebook suggest Roy Hodgson.

FFS.
New manager FRED on 09:43 - Jul 1 with 5848 viewsJames1980

So Flicker is going to leave his role as Director of Football at Vale to be assistant manager at Dale?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

New manager FRED on 09:49 - Jul 1 with 5797 viewsDaleiLama

New manager FRED on 09:41 - Jul 1 by kel

I’ve just seen someone on Facebook suggest Roy Hodgson.

FFS.

Pep couldn't get City over the line in the CL final. Got to be worth Simon Gauge making a call to Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan offering a deal to swap Pep and BBM with Foden thrown in to sweeten the deal?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

New manager FRED on 09:50 - Jul 1 with 5793 viewsNewbury_Dale

The magic touch has deserted Hill now as far as I can see. Really hope we dont go back there.
New manager FRED on 10:16 - Jul 1 with 5670 viewsYouTubeDale

Our new directors are true supporters and have seen the commings and goings before. You don't have to explain anything to them and they will see right through someone like KH. Having that grounded experience of all things Dale will stand our club in good stead with the massive decision making ahead.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2021 10:18]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

New manager FRED on 10:22 - Jul 1 with 5631 viewsSuddenLad

Been for my season card renewal this morning to the ground. Someone asked which was the queue for the managers job and one supporter seemed to think Chris Wilder is on his way here.

It's good to hear daft humour again at Spotland. For the record, the staff were excellent.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New manager FRED on 10:34 - Jul 1 with 5564 viewsTomRAFC

I'd like to see an appointment with some level of ambition. Financially, that might mean someone who hasn't succeeded everywhere they've been but at least someone with some level of success at this level.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New manager FRED on 10:40 - Jul 1 with 5529 viewsRotherhamDale

I think we need a new direction completely. Somebody who has never been at the club before. We have gone completely stale on the pitch for the last 5 years.

Possession with progression.

New manager FRED on 10:41 - Jul 1 with 5515 viewskel

New manager FRED on 09:49 - Jul 1 by DaleiLama

Pep couldn't get City over the line in the CL final. Got to be worth Simon Gauge making a call to Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan offering a deal to swap Pep and BBM with Foden thrown in to sweeten the deal?

And Messi is out of contract now too. All makes sense now.
New manager FRED on 11:22 - Jul 1 with 5346 viewsTVOS1907

New manager FRED on 10:22 - Jul 1 by SuddenLad

Been for my season card renewal this morning to the ground. Someone asked which was the queue for the managers job and one supporter seemed to think Chris Wilder is on his way here.

It's good to hear daft humour again at Spotland. For the record, the staff were excellent.

That's because someone on Twitter suggested we "get Chris Wilder on the phone"...

New manager FRED on 11:28 - Jul 1 with 5315 viewsSuddenLad

New manager FRED on 11:22 - Jul 1 by TVOS1907

That's because someone on Twitter suggested we "get Chris Wilder on the phone"...

Yes, I repeated it in a tweet, you saw it presumably........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New manager FRED on 11:36 - Jul 1 with 5280 viewsboromat

Put on another thread Ellis I'm sure would be great but also not sure he wants it and does a brilliant job where he is.

Hill would be unpopular but is a known entity, knows the club and is proven at this level. I'd understand if he was brought back on a one year deal.

Otherwise I think it'd be an unproven manager. Riley and Jim could be given the chance and is the cheap option that also maintains some type of continuity.

Ex Players
McShane
Holt
Wilbraham
John Doolan
Quite difficult to think of many to be honest. Anyone know of any others that have gone into coaching?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New manager FRED on 11:49 - Jul 1 with 5186 viewsTomRAFC

I have never felt that a managerial candidate is somehow better if they are an ex-player.

We need someone with the skills to push for promotion and the contacts to recruit almost an entire defence.

New manager FRED on 12:10 - Jul 1 with 5100 views49thseason

New manager FRED on 11:49 - Jul 1 by TomRAFC

I have never felt that a managerial candidate is somehow better if they are an ex-player.

We need someone with the skills to push for promotion and the contacts to recruit almost an entire defence.

I agree with this in part, but, knowing the club is also perhaps accepting its limitations. Bringing in someone new, with no pre-conceived ideas about what we are and where we have been could be a substantial addition to the wind of change that needs to blow through the club. The players above all need leadership, playing in a winning team will quickly erase the memories of what a nice man BBM was. If Humphrys scores 20 goals, the problem will be how much to sell him for, not whether he will want to walk as soon as possible.
Success breeds success. Whoever comes in as Manager must be capable of taking the situation by the scruff of the neck and turning it into a positive. There is some talent in the squad and some of the young boys will have to grow up quickly, no harm in that.
So, do the research, interview ruthlessly, pick a leader not a gobshite and lets get cracking. We can make this club whatever we want it to be if everyone is on the same team, the clearout is more or less over and its time to start putting the new foundations down.
New manager FRED on 12:24 - Jul 1 with 5017 viewsTomRAFC

New manager FRED on 12:10 - Jul 1 by 49thseason

I agree with this in part, but, knowing the club is also perhaps accepting its limitations. Bringing in someone new, with no pre-conceived ideas about what we are and where we have been could be a substantial addition to the wind of change that needs to blow through the club. The players above all need leadership, playing in a winning team will quickly erase the memories of what a nice man BBM was. If Humphrys scores 20 goals, the problem will be how much to sell him for, not whether he will want to walk as soon as possible.
Success breeds success. Whoever comes in as Manager must be capable of taking the situation by the scruff of the neck and turning it into a positive. There is some talent in the squad and some of the young boys will have to grow up quickly, no harm in that.
So, do the research, interview ruthlessly, pick a leader not a gobshite and lets get cracking. We can make this club whatever we want it to be if everyone is on the same team, the clearout is more or less over and its time to start putting the new foundations down.

Agreed.

On that point, I'm not sure many former players can know the club at the moment. The squad is small and the board is a few weeks old. Most, if not all, of what former players knew of the club isn't part of the club anymore.

New manager FRED on 12:53 - Jul 1 with 4839 viewsTVOS1907

New manager FRED on 11:28 - Jul 1 by SuddenLad

Yes, I repeated it in a tweet, you saw it presumably........

Yes

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024