Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? 15:00 - Nov 9 with 4374 viewsjonahwhereru

I didn’t expect O’Keeffe to play on Sunday, as he would be cup tied by Mansfield. Was surprised they didn’t do that, but he is on the transfer list at Mansfield. Plus in his interview after Sunday’s game he suggested he would like to get through a few rounds, as you automatically end up drawing a bigger club, rather than just hoping for a big team in the 3rd round.
Those comments and the stance Mansfield have taken just has the feel of a permanent deal in January already having been done to me. Or am I getting 5 from 2+2?
In any event should we be looking to sign him I would like to see how he could adapt to a flat back four before we do so. I just get the feeling we are seeing the best of him in the current formation, where defending the back post etc is not necessarily his responsibility, and he has more licence to support attacks.
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 16:09 - Nov 9 with 4222 viewsDaleVisconti236

I definitely hope so, he sometimes shows signs of being a bit brash but he adds a lot to the team going forward and defensively, to be honest I usually think of him as a permanent player and not a loan
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 22:41 - Nov 9 with 3722 viewstony_roch975

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 16:09 - Nov 9 by DaleVisconti236

I definitely hope so, he sometimes shows signs of being a bit brash but he adds a lot to the team going forward and defensively, to be honest I usually think of him as a permanent player and not a loan

Not for me - needs to sort the cocky/peevish traits & learn how to defend

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 05:59 - Nov 10 with 3549 viewsBazzanne

Yes I'd sign him and a fullback and Let O'Keefe play as a midfeild attacker.
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 20:00 - Nov 10 with 3049 viewsDaleVisconti236

Yeah he's a fullback in name only, not really addressed the problem he was brought in to solve but could be a very good player when he matures a bit more
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:39 - Nov 11 with 2717 viewsAtThePeake

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 22:41 - Nov 9 by tony_roch975

Not for me - needs to sort the cocky/peevish traits & learn how to defend

Most tackles won and second most interceptions won of anyone in our team this season. Not bad for someone who needs to learn to defend!

Add his attacking threat into the mix, which has been highly productive for his position, and I'd make him our joint-best player so far this season alongside O'Connell. Would love him to sign permanently.

Tangled up in blue.

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:50 - Nov 11 with 2677 viewsJames1980

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:39 - Nov 11 by AtThePeake

Most tackles won and second most interceptions won of anyone in our team this season. Not bad for someone who needs to learn to defend!

Add his attacking threat into the mix, which has been highly productive for his position, and I'd make him our joint-best player so far this season alongside O'Connell. Would love him to sign permanently.

Could definitely play higher up the leagues so as a compromise I'd be happy to see a L1 or Championship club take COK and loan him back to us for the rest of the season in January.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:58 - Nov 11 with 2667 viewsBrierls

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:50 - Nov 11 by James1980

Could definitely play higher up the leagues so as a compromise I'd be happy to see a L1 or Championship club take COK and loan him back to us for the rest of the season in January.

A compromise? We're talking about signing a player who is transfer listed at a League Two club, and currently on loan with us and enjoying his football.

We go out and do everything we can to sign him.
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 14:07 - Nov 11 with 2649 viewsJames1980

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:58 - Nov 11 by Brierls

A compromise? We're talking about signing a player who is transfer listed at a League Two club, and currently on loan with us and enjoying his football.

We go out and do everything we can to sign him.

Of course yes absolutely we should. In the event his agent negotiates a deal with a club higher up the leagues swe should do all we can to extend O'Keefe's loan with us to the end of the season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 14:31 - Nov 11 with 2594 viewsalderleydale

Great player

But he’s peevish what ever the fook that means
Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 15:22 - Nov 11 with 2484 viewsDaleiLama

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 14:31 - Nov 11 by alderleydale

Great player

But he’s peevish what ever the fook that means

Think it means he has a problem playing on the continent?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 15:56 - Nov 11 with 2427 viewstony_roch975

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 13:39 - Nov 11 by AtThePeake

well ATP that just proves the adage about lies, damn lies....
problem isn't the tackles or interceptions he makes, it's all the times he goes missing and leaves our right side or near post as vacant as the breeze - agreed it's a thing these days to have FBs who can't defend but doesn't mean it's right

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 16:08 - Nov 11 with 2389 viewsD_Alien

Peevish? I can see KH making Mansfield an offer for him, as an Irish version of himself

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 19:30 - Nov 11 with 2091 viewsAtThePeake

Is a deal for O’Keeffe already sorted? on 15:56 - Nov 11 by tony_roch975

well ATP that just proves the adage about lies, damn lies....
problem isn't the tackles or interceptions he makes, it's all the times he goes missing and leaves our right side or near post as vacant as the breeze - agreed it's a thing these days to have FBs who can't defend but doesn't mean it's right

Let's not forget he's playing as a wing-back bordering on a wide midfielder in this formation though. If we were playing 3 CBs and him and Keohane were still playing in your more traditional full-back areas, people would be questioning why we were set up so defensively.

Admittedly, it remains to be seen whether he could play as a full-back in a back four, but that's through no fault of his own.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024