Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downing set for Dale? 10:45 - Jan 13 with 4015 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Downing set for Dale? 13th Jan 2022 10:44
Dale have been strongly linked with a loan move for Portsmouth centre back Paul Downing. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Downing set for Dale? on 16:27 - Jan 13 with 3560 views_Windydale

Looking likely?

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/danny-cowleys-classy-f
Downing set for Dale? on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 3315 viewsdale1968

Confirmed..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Downing set for Dale? on 17:12 - Jan 13 with 3315 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Downing set for Dale? on 18:00 - Jan 13 with 3060 viewsjonahwhereru

Let’s hope his stint here is not blighted by the injuries that have seen him get so little game time in the last 3 years. Will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed and match fit, I expect it will take a little time, like Jimmy Ryan. I am hopeful this is a good sensible signing regardless of any question it may raise about Bonsey in this window. On which given the funds into the coffers so far this season, I would be prepared to sacrifice a potential fee for his services over the run in.
In fact I would offer him another year or two now to draw out his intentions. If not already known.
Welcome Paul.
Downing set for Dale? on 18:25 - Jan 13 with 2932 viewsboromat

Downing set for Dale? on 18:00 - Jan 13 by jonahwhereru

Let’s hope his stint here is not blighted by the injuries that have seen him get so little game time in the last 3 years. Will be interesting to see how quickly he can get up to speed and match fit, I expect it will take a little time, like Jimmy Ryan. I am hopeful this is a good sensible signing regardless of any question it may raise about Bonsey in this window. On which given the funds into the coffers so far this season, I would be prepared to sacrifice a potential fee for his services over the run in.
In fact I would offer him another year or two now to draw out his intentions. If not already known.
Welcome Paul.

Don't have too much time for him to get match fit. Needs to be capable of coming straight in!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Downing set for Dale? on 18:48 - Jan 13 with 2798 viewsDaleiLama

Seems like Robbie wants to have less to worry about in defence and devote his focus to getting more goals for the remainder of the season!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Downing set for Dale? on 20:02 - Jan 13 with 2547 views49thseason

"Championships are won by defences". I have no idea if this signing is likely to be good, bad or indifferent but the sentiment of bringing in another defender seems exactly right . We needed another capable body and a bit of experience I can only trust the managers judgement at this point.
" But forwards win games" the departure of Humphries and Beesley in just a half season leaves a gaping hole in the forward line that now requires major attention. And if O'Keefe isnt coming back, the gaps are even bigger. We are now into huge "shape shifting" with a vengence, I have my fingers crossed it will work out OK but the pressure is building and the timing does not really allow for mistakes. We are where we are until the end of the season once this window closes.
Downing set for Dale? on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 2309 viewspioneer

We have always lost players in transfer window but If we include Okeefe, and if OConnel does go we will have lost arguably our four best players mid season. we have not faced that type of loss before.

That is where the notion of not standing in the way of players choosing to move on comes into question, when a large proportion of the first XI decide they would like to move on at the same time.
Login to get fewer ads

Downing set for Dale? on 21:20 - Jan 13 with 2270 viewsboromat

No one's mentioned it yet but with Downing joining and McNulty back from injury we could line up with one of the most experienced defences we've had in many years.

O'Connell Downing McNulty

You could even add 2 of Keohane, White and Done to that as a 5. It might not be exciting and it might be lacking in pace but it might be exactly what we need to sort out the back.

Downing set for Dale? on 21:40 - Jan 13 with 2203 viewsleedsdale

Downing set for Dale? on 21:20 - Jan 13 by boromat

No one's mentioned it yet but with Downing joining and McNulty back from injury we could line up with one of the most experienced defences we've had in many years.

O'Connell Downing McNulty

You could even add 2 of Keohane, White and Done to that as a 5. It might not be exciting and it might be lacking in pace but it might be exactly what we need to sort out the back.

I’m sure we had O’Connell, McNulty and McShane last season which would have been older.
Downing set for Dale? on 21:44 - Jan 13 with 2173 viewsboromat

Downing set for Dale? on 21:40 - Jan 13 by leedsdale

I’m sure we had O’Connell, McNulty and McShane last season which would have been older.

True can't remember many games with those 3 playing together though.

EDIT: I was intrigued so had a look I can't see a starting line up last season that includes both McNulty and McShane. We also played alot of last season with 4 at the back. O'Connell, Hayden and Osho were mainstays with McShane or McNulty coming in when fit.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 21:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024