Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven 22:25 - Apr 10 with 3060 viewsColDale

This team a few weeks ago looked disinterested, negative, nasty and reliant on long range efforts to score. We now look happier, fitter and motivated for what would be to any other side a meaningless end of season game.

We scored four tonight, but their keeper must have been their MOTM as he must have stopped half a dozen decent efforts on goal. We are playing with the sort of swagger that Hill walks around with. We are wanting to hurt the opposition with goals rather than with two footed challenges. The love is back.

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 22:32 - Apr 10 with 2139 viewsShun

I love that penultimate sentence. It could've come from Hill himself. And it's very true.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 22:43 - Apr 10 with 2000 viewsRoChDaLe

i know it sounds crazy but i want bloody grant to stop scoring so that no one snatches him at the end of season!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 22:48 - Apr 10 with 1959 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 22:32 - Apr 10 by Shun

I love that penultimate sentence. It could've come from Hill himself. And it's very true.

A good team doesn't need to go in hard, we are playing the right way and the results are showing. Hill's ethos is glowing on the pitch.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:30 - Apr 10 with 1827 viewsR17ALE

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 22:48 - Apr 10 by Spotty

A good team doesn't need to go in hard, we are playing the right way and the results are showing. Hill's ethos is glowing on the pitch.

Well said Col. He's like getting your favourite slippers back!

He, above anyone else in the world understands our club, and our oddities as fans, and I honestly thinks he factors all this into his thinking.

I don't think he's an academic, although he is intelligent, yet he is a student of football, and a bloody good one at that.

You just have to look at the striking talent he has developed over the years, surprising in a way given the hard defender he was, to see how he can nurture talent. If he'd got hold of me aged 18, I reckon even I'd have played for Dale!!

The board need to match his ambition and sign him up. Failure to do so will have us asking for £100,000 volunteers.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:38 - Apr 10 with 1774 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:30 - Apr 10 by R17ALE

He, above anyone else in the world understands our club, and our oddities as fans, and I honestly thinks he factors all this into his thinking.

I don't think he's an academic, although he is intelligent, yet he is a student of football, and a bloody good one at that.

You just have to look at the striking talent he has developed over the years, surprising in a way given the hard defender he was, to see how he can nurture talent. If he'd got hold of me aged 18, I reckon even I'd have played for Dale!!

The board need to match his ambition and sign him up. Failure to do so will have us asking for £100,000 volunteers.

The future of this club is down to whether we can tie Hill down to a long contract and start to rebuild this football club once more. A strong statement maybe, but just look at tonights attendance, not saying it was bad, but fast forward to next season after letting Hill go, this could be one of our highest gates of the season. It is paramount that the board realize what mistakes they have been responsible for in the past 18 months, and give this club back to the fans, and give the job to a man who knows the club and what the fans want.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:47 - Apr 10 with 1736 viewspl56

I always enjoy , and generally agree with your posts , but how about a little bit of lateral thinking "outside the box" ?

The more I read on different threads , and the more I read that KH understands our club from top to bottom , why not offer him , as well as the manager role , a seat on the Board to underpin his commitment to the club ? That's one way of linking his thoughts and strategies to the continued financial well-being of the club , whilst constraining his ambition to the realistic in terms of affordability .

I refer back to the original thread title - ie "a match made in heaven" , and if that is the case , then shouldn't we start to think the unthinkable to maintain it as long as possible ? Its only like the concept of worker directors in industry which have long been recognized as a potential force for good practice .

Just a thought - and I now await the prospect of being overwhelmed by the "slings and arrows" of disagreement/criticism !!
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:53 - Apr 10 with 1700 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 23:47 - Apr 10 by pl56

I always enjoy , and generally agree with your posts , but how about a little bit of lateral thinking "outside the box" ?

The more I read on different threads , and the more I read that KH understands our club from top to bottom , why not offer him , as well as the manager role , a seat on the Board to underpin his commitment to the club ? That's one way of linking his thoughts and strategies to the continued financial well-being of the club , whilst constraining his ambition to the realistic in terms of affordability .

I refer back to the original thread title - ie "a match made in heaven" , and if that is the case , then shouldn't we start to think the unthinkable to maintain it as long as possible ? Its only like the concept of worker directors in industry which have long been recognized as a potential force for good practice .

Just a thought - and I now await the prospect of being overwhelmed by the "slings and arrows" of disagreement/criticism !!

Let Hill get on with the on field parts of the game, a board position would only complicate matters, when he leaves, he needs to be given full reigns for the footballing side of things first and foremost.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 00:31 - Apr 11 with 1629 viewsD_Alien

An interesting idea, but the time isn't right for such a move just yet.

A closer relationship between the fans and the club should be the next step, perhaps with KH acting as an intermediary. Why not make him an honorary life member of the Dale Trust, and see how he responds to that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 00:42 - Apr 11 with 1601 viewsSandyman

Correct and then some. Keith Hill is absolutely the best manager for Rochdale AFC. Apart from Steve Parkin (first time round) nobody has got anywhere near what KH has done for the club since Len Richley in 1969. Somebody mentioned something about a comfy pair of slippers. The Hill / Dale fit is as good as it gets.

FFS sign him up!!!!!!
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 01:15 - Apr 11 with 1558 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 00:31 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

An interesting idea, but the time isn't right for such a move just yet.

A closer relationship between the fans and the club should be the next step, perhaps with KH acting as an intermediary. Why not make him an honorary life member of the Dale Trust, and see how he responds to that?

I don't know how something like that would work, would he simply be a figurehead on the board, like a director of football type for boardroom level, I cant think of many managers who have made this step up, an honorary role might not be a bad decision from the trust, if only a way to reward him from the fans, to what he achieved.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 08:46 - Apr 11 with 1360 viewsregjenkins

This is also a conflict of interest. He would in effect be employing himself. Unless he was potentially a none voting member, which would defeat the object. Nice idea tho.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 08:59 - Apr 11 with 1332 viewsSuddenLad

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 08:46 - Apr 11 by regjenkins

This is also a conflict of interest. He would in effect be employing himself. Unless he was potentially a none voting member, which would defeat the object. Nice idea tho.

Making him an 'Honorary Life Member' to recognise past successes would be a starting point. That would get his 'foot through the door' so to speak. Then he could legitimately be asked for advice on all kinds of matters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 10:26 - Apr 11 with 1221 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 08:59 - Apr 11 by SuddenLad

Making him an 'Honorary Life Member' to recognise past successes would be a starting point. That would get his 'foot through the door' so to speak. Then he could legitimately be asked for advice on all kinds of matters.

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at!

Of course, KH may just accept the honour and leave it at that (not wanting to become involved in anything fan-based); on the other hand, it could open doors for both parties which could potentially strengthen the club and broaden the base from which it operates.

I'm not suggesting the Dale Trust start adopting a "business" footing, before anyone thinks that, simply that the ideas generated via the Trust (which have come to nought so far) might just start being taken notice of if they were being backed by KH. And he's certainly making the right noises in that regard!

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 11:53 - Apr 11 with 1124 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 10:26 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Yep, that's exactly what I was getting at!

Of course, KH may just accept the honour and leave it at that (not wanting to become involved in anything fan-based); on the other hand, it could open doors for both parties which could potentially strengthen the club and broaden the base from which it operates.

I'm not suggesting the Dale Trust start adopting a "business" footing, before anyone thinks that, simply that the ideas generated via the Trust (which have come to nought so far) might just start being taken notice of if they were being backed by KH. And he's certainly making the right noises in that regard!

I think an honoury role would be a great way to thank him for the work he's done, I am sure he has already got the freedom of rochdale, and giving him a honoury role, it would also let him have more of a say regarding more off the field issues, and give him more connection to the fans, which could prove vital as a way to gauge the fans views on how things are heading. I think he will appreciate the fans more this time around, and he might like such a role.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:14 - Apr 11 with 1068 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 11:53 - Apr 11 by Spotty

I think an honoury role would be a great way to thank him for the work he's done, I am sure he has already got the freedom of rochdale, and giving him a honoury role, it would also let him have more of a say regarding more off the field issues, and give him more connection to the fans, which could prove vital as a way to gauge the fans views on how things are heading. I think he will appreciate the fans more this time around, and he might like such a role.

Looking at how things have gone to pot since he left I'm pretty sure when Keith Hill is manager at Rochdale there's only 1 person in charge of more or less everything - he doesn't need any honoury title to tell him that.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:23 - Apr 11 with 1036 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:14 - Apr 11 by dingdangblue

Looking at how things have gone to pot since he left I'm pretty sure when Keith Hill is manager at Rochdale there's only 1 person in charge of more or less everything - he doesn't need any honoury title to tell him that.

I dont like mentioning him but Coleman had similar reigns at Accy, he must have been in charge of everything,right down to the choice of paint for the away dressing room, an honoury role may or may not give Hill more of a say or a connection than he does now, but its just a nice 'touch' from the fans to show the appreciation.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:28 - Apr 11 with 1024 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:14 - Apr 11 by dingdangblue

Are some people determined to misconstrue posts?

If you read what I've suggested, I'm talking about honourary life membership of the Dale Trust, with a view to forging closer links between the fans and the club.

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 999 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:28 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

If you read what I've suggested, I'm talking about honourary life membership of the Dale Trust, with a view to forging closer links between the fans and the club.

I get what DDB is saying though, he doesnt NEED such a title to make important decisions, but it would be a nice touch to show the fans appreciation in an official capacity of some sorts.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:52 - Apr 11 with 971 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:39 - Apr 11 by Spotty

I get what DDB is saying though, he doesnt NEED such a title to make important decisions, but it would be a nice touch to show the fans appreciation in an official capacity of some sorts.

Fair enough, but it wouldn't be a "title" - if it were to occur, the whole point would be a very practical issue of enabling a dialogue through recognition of the role that fans play in the scheme of things, which KH himself seems to have alluded to in his comments since returning to the club.

It may provide an opportunity which should be grasped, not used as point-scoring in posts!

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 13:03 - Apr 11 with 942 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:52 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Fair enough, but it wouldn't be a "title" - if it were to occur, the whole point would be a very practical issue of enabling a dialogue through recognition of the role that fans play in the scheme of things, which KH himself seems to have alluded to in his comments since returning to the club.

It may provide an opportunity which should be grasped, not used as point-scoring in posts!

Im not really sure what the last part was about, I dont think its a case of misconstruing posts, more like disagreeing. Any connection between fans and a manger can only be good. I thoroughly enjoyed my session with Coleman earlier in the season, letting managers connect with his fan base is rare these days, and we should look in to this.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:04 - Apr 11 with 882 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 12:28 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

I think we have got our wires crossed - I was more alluding to the idea of him having some sort of honoury board membership giving him more say at the club .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:12 - Apr 11 with 855 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:04 - Apr 11 by dingdangblue

I think we have got our wires crossed - I was more alluding to the idea of him having some sort of honoury board membership giving him more say at the club .

Fair enough.

Guess it happened because your post was in reply to Spotty's, who was responding to mine, plus the reference to the "honourary" bit which was in connection with the Dale Trust.

Plus I'm sure there are some posters on here who seem determined to misconstrue posts (not that I'm paranoid or owt!).

We need above all to be united as fans and, unlike the board, take whatever opportunities present themselves to strengthen all aspects of the club, from top to bottom.

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:21 - Apr 11 with 833 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:12 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Fair enough.

Guess it happened because your post was in reply to Spotty's, who was responding to mine, plus the reference to the "honourary" bit which was in connection with the Dale Trust.

Plus I'm sure there are some posters on here who seem determined to misconstrue posts (not that I'm paranoid or owt!).

We need above all to be united as fans and, unlike the board, take whatever opportunities present themselves to strengthen all aspects of the club, from top to bottom.

The stadium last night felt very united - its been a while but the feeling is coming back where you can't wait for the next game. Its like going back in time to Hillys 1st season where he turned a bunch of players going nowhere fast into a team that was beating promotion chasers by 2,3,4 goals. Amazing. Roll back 6 years and Port Vale are top of the table Hartlepool coming to town.

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:41 - Apr 11 with 792 viewsSpotty

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:12 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Fair enough.

You better be careful or you'll end up misconstruing your own posts.

There sure felt a better connection between the fans and the players, the calls of Hilly give us a wave was a real throw back. Not 2 months ago there was arguments in the stands nearly coming to blows, now there is a united feel.
Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 16:14 - Apr 11 with 720 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill and Rochdale - a match made in heaven on 14:41 - Apr 11 by Spotty

You better be careful or you'll end up misconstruing your own posts.

There sure felt a better connection between the fans and the players, the calls of Hilly give us a wave was a real throw back. Not 2 months ago there was arguments in the stands nearly coming to blows, now there is a united feel.

"You better be careful or you'll end up misconstruing your own posts."

Dunno what you're former username was, but I like your style Spotty!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024