Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan 20:56 - Mar 1 with 6348 viewsdingdangblue

Could he be the best we've ever had? Got everything , lightening fast, strong, good in the air, skillful, great shot on him and even his misskicks find the back of the net! Unplayable today .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hogan on 21:01 - Mar 1 with 3343 views442Dale

Top ten. He's very good obviously and will probably go on to be a record sale, but even now if you had to choose a centre forward it'd be COG, Holt and Murray ahead of him. But, somewhat hypocritically, Hogan is a better fit than those mentioned for the way we're playing at the moment.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hogan on 21:05 - Mar 1 with 3310 viewsstigmundo77

Disagree. Murray when off game looked distinctly average. Hogan is so young and oozes confidence. His head never goes down. Still potential at this stage but Scott's touch could mean the premier league isn't a distant dream
Hogan on 21:06 - Mar 1 with 3308 viewsnordenblue

Hogan on 21:01 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

Top ten. He's very good obviously and will probably go on to be a record sale, but even now if you had to choose a centre forward it'd be COG, Holt and Murray ahead of him. But, somewhat hypocritically, Hogan is a better fit than those mentioned for the way we're playing at the moment.

Due to his age hes the potential to be better than all 3,id put him over Murray now,I remember a time where Murray was nearly dropped after quite a long run of poor performances and managed to scuff a goal at Accy to keep him in the side.
Hogan on 21:10 - Mar 1 with 3283 viewsColDale

Hogan on 21:06 - Mar 1 by nordenblue

Due to his age hes the potential to be better than all 3,id put him over Murray now,I remember a time where Murray was nearly dropped after quite a long run of poor performances and managed to scuff a goal at Accy to keep him in the side.

there was a time where Murray was awful, and even his own captain showed his frustrations at him on the pitch. 95% of Dale fans felt that Murray needed to be dropped, even if it was for his own good. Keith stood by him. "You don't drop goalscorers".
Hogan on 21:11 - Mar 1 with 3270 views442Dale

Hogan on 21:06 - Mar 1 by nordenblue

Yep, Murray was poor during than run, but at the end of the previous season he was almost unplayable for defenders. Hogan's had dips in form too for various reasons, luckily he's playing as well as ever when it matters most during the run-in.

They're all different players really, which is why it's difficult to call Hogan our best ever. It's a debate whether he's our best player right now!

Hogan on 21:12 - Mar 1 with 3268 viewsstigmundo77

Murray was a strange player thinking back and how he progressed when he left us. He was never a world beater but he's had a cracking career. Holt , however eats cog for breakfast
Hogan on 21:38 - Mar 1 with 3177 viewsTalkingSutty

Hogan on 21:12 - Mar 1 by stigmundo77

Murray was a strange player thinking back and how he progressed when he left us. He was never a world beater but he's had a cracking career. Holt , however eats cog for breakfast

Surprised theres no mention of Lambert, he was class. I would put it in the following order...... Lambert, Holt, COG, Murray, Alfie, Hogan, (only because its still his first season), Dagnall and Steve Taylor. Les Lawrence misses out !!
Hogan on 21:38 - Mar 1 with 3173 viewsdingdangblue

His pace is one asset that separates him from the rest - defenders hate it and I know he's only up against lge2 defenders at the minute - but I don't think seen quicker.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Hogan on 21:46 - Mar 1 with 3127 viewsClivert

Holt, COG, Hogan, Lambert in that order for me.

I loved Dagnall for us though as he always ran himself into the ground for the cause and still had that bit of quality to go with it.

Hogan is a class apart though, as DDB says he has everything in his game and at 21 still has plenty of time to go on and make a successful career for himself at a higher level.

I always thought that Murray needed at least 5 chances before he'd score one tbf.
Hogan on 21:50 - Mar 1 with 3093 viewsColDale

The thing with Hogan which makes it all so unbelievable is that he finished last season playing for Hyde and he didn't even have a contract with them.
Hogan on 22:04 - Mar 1 with 3016 viewsroccydaleian

Hogan on 21:46 - Mar 1 by Clivert

I loved Dagnall for us though as he always ran himself into the ground for the cause and still had that bit of quality to go with it.

Hogan is a class apart though, as DDB says he has everything in his game and at 21 still has plenty of time to go on and make a successful career for himself at a higher level.

I always thought that Murray needed at least 5 chances before he'd score one tbf.

Lambert, (England player now) Holt, Alfie. Hogan lets wait and see. Fantastic prospect..
Hogan on 22:23 - Mar 1 with 2941 viewspaulscho

Scruffy hatrick ,but who cares !!!

livinginadalewonderland

Hogan on 22:28 - Mar 1 with 2919 viewsstigmundo77

How the hell did hogan drop into non league ??????
Hogan on 22:29 - Mar 1 with 2918 views49thseason

Guarantee it wont say that in the papers tomorrow! You have to be good to get three scruffy goals!
Hogan on 22:30 - Mar 1 with 2911 viewsstigmundo77

Hogan on 21:46 - Mar 1 by Clivert

Spot on clivert..... That's my line up too
Hogan on 22:32 - Mar 1 with 2898 viewsRotherhamDale

Hogan on 21:12 - Mar 1 by stigmundo77

I'll always remember Murray's winner at Saltergate against Chesterfield. I think it was our 4th in a 4-3 win.

Stanton cleared it, Murray collected, turned and beat a couple of defenders, rounded the keeper and put it in without even breaking a sweat.

Possession with progression.

Hogan on 22:37 - Mar 1 with 2869 viewspaulscho

Scruffy Scott with a scruffy hatrick .....get in there

livinginadalewonderland

Hogan on 22:48 - Mar 1 with 2820 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Not including Hogan I would say that Lambert and Holt are head and sholders above the rest - Lambert plays for England and Holt should have.

Murray, COG, Daggers - all great players for us, as was Alfie but none up to class of above.

I cant really judge Scott as not seen him play a lot as exiled - but he clearly has the pace Lambert and Holt did not and seems to score every type of goal - and at 21 - I can see bids heading towards double what was offered recently come season end.

Clearly we will accept and hopefully L1 with money in bank will be good for Hilly.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hogan on 22:50 - Mar 1 with 2807 views442Dale

Hogan on 22:48 - Mar 1 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not including Hogan I would say that Lambert and Holt are head and sholders above the rest - Lambert plays for England and Holt should have.

Murray, COG, Daggers - all great players for us, as was Alfie but none up to class of above.

I cant really judge Scott as not seen him play a lot as exiled - but he clearly has the pace Lambert and Holt did not and seems to score every type of goal - and at 21 - I can see bids heading towards double what was offered recently come season end.

Clearly we will accept and hopefully L1 with money in bank will be good for Hilly.

Lambert and Holt may well be better players when careers are looked at as a whole, but COG's contribution produced much more for the club.

Hogan on 22:58 - Mar 1 with 2774 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hogan on 22:50 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

Lambert and Holt may well be better players when careers are looked at as a whole, but COG's contribution produced much more for the club.

I agree 442 - but if we had the choice of 2 strikers in their pomp - out of last 10 years or so I would go Holt and Lambert (Hogan as I say I cant really comment on) over any of other - game of opinions though :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hogan on 23:26 - Mar 1 with 2687 viewschrishill

Lambert's career speaks for itself, but at Dale, while his skill was amazing (those set pieces), he was often idle around the pitch. Holty on the other hand made your heart soar every time he got the ball - the unstoppable tank; Jenkins on crack. Forever remembered.

Daleleeds

Hogan on 00:28 - Mar 2 with 2575 viewspioneer

Hogan on 23:26 - Mar 1 by chrishill

Lambert's career speaks for itself, but at Dale, while his skill was amazing (those set pieces), he was often idle around the pitch. Holty on the other hand made your heart soar every time he got the ball - the unstoppable tank; Jenkins on crack. Forever remembered.

OP says 'ever' why no mention of Reg? He would be in my top 10.
Hogan on 05:46 - Mar 2 with 2438 viewsLondondale

Depends how you're comparing them:

a) Time at Dale:

1. Holt (best striker the club has ever seen IMO)
2. CoG (IMO his signing got basically got us promotion - an absolute machine)
3. Hogan (Not yet achieved quite what CoG did!)
4. Lambert (Bit lazy though had sheer class about him)
5. Murray (somehow just don't remember his spell in the same light as the above)
6. Dagnall (hard working, great season in 2009-10, not as good a finisher as ALF)
7. ALF (probably our best goal-getter but wasn't even catching the team ahead of Daggers when he was here)

b) In terms of time after the Dale:

1. Lambert (probably regarded as being the most prestigious by media, Roy Hodgson etc)
2. Holt (awesome at Norwich and should have at least had a call from England)
3. Murray (Superb for Brighton/Palace)
4. CoG (Never going to be a prem player somehow)
5. ALF (Played and scored in prem but not up to that level IMO)
6. Dagnall (As above)
?. Hogan?
Hogan on 07:55 - Mar 2 with 2375 viewsTalkingSutty

Hogan on 22:50 - Mar 1 by 442Dale

Depends on how you view it because Lambert played in a poor team and if it wasnt for his goals i think we would have slipped out of the league. COG joined a team already doing pretty well and at the time his attitude was questionable.

Anyway, it worked out well but would he have had the same impact playing at the time Lambert did?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hogan on 08:00 - Mar 2 with 2359 viewsnordenblue

Hogan on 05:46 - Mar 2 by Londondale

Depends how you're comparing them:

a) Time at Dale:

1. Holt (best striker the club has ever seen IMO)
2. CoG (IMO his signing got basically got us promotion - an absolute machine)
3. Hogan (Not yet achieved quite what CoG did!)
4. Lambert (Bit lazy though had sheer class about him)
5. Murray (somehow just don't remember his spell in the same light as the above)
6. Dagnall (hard working, great season in 2009-10, not as good a finisher as ALF)
7. ALF (probably our best goal-getter but wasn't even catching the team ahead of Daggers when he was here)

b) In terms of time after the Dale:

1. Lambert (probably regarded as being the most prestigious by media, Roy Hodgson etc)
2. Holt (awesome at Norwich and should have at least had a call from England)
3. Murray (Superb for Brighton/Palace)
4. CoG (Never going to be a prem player somehow)
5. ALF (Played and scored in prem but not up to that level IMO)
6. Dagnall (As above)
?. Hogan?

Surely Alfie should be higher than Murray and Cog if its off their careers due to his time in the prem and goals there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024