Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rickie Lambert 12:56 - May 12 with 2688 viewssandy_dale

Announced on sky that he's included in the world cup squad. Great achievement for Rickie.
Rickie Lambert on 14:16 - May 12 with 2531 viewsRAFCBLUE

From Rochdale to Rio.

Fairytale stuff - really pleased for him.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Rickie Lambert on 14:16 - May 12 with 2531 viewsregjenkins

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Rickie Lambert on 14:19 - May 12 with 2512 viewsScunnydale

First Bertos, now Lambert. It's becoming far too regular this! ;) Or any other former Dale players with Bert in their surname?

Delighted for him and may even give me a reason to properly watch an England match.
Rickie Lambert on 15:37 - May 12 with 2373 viewsdingdangblue

Sadly no place for David Nugent.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rickie Lambert on 16:24 - May 12 with 2286 viewsD_Alien

Got to admire the way he "took out" Vidic on Sunday - whilst making it look entirely accidental - then blasted the ball home.

And right under Roy Hodgson's erm... nose.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rickie Lambert on 19:00 - May 12 with 2129 viewsArthurDaley

Rickie Lambert on 14:16 - May 12 by RAFCBLUE

From Rochdale to Rio.

Nearly as good as this.

[Post edited 12 May 2014 19:03]

A large VAT Dave

Rickie Lambert on 22:47 - May 12 with 1978 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Rickie Lambert on 14:16 - May 12 by RAFCBLUE

From Rochdale to Rio.

This.

(Imagine if he scores )
Rickie Lambert on 23:28 - May 12 with 1900 viewssandylaner1

Login to get fewer ads

Rickie Lambert on 06:33 - May 13 with 1836 viewsfrenzied

just hope he gets a game..hopefully will get a chance to impress in the warm up games in early june
Rickie Lambert on 23:14 - May 13 with 1673 viewssandy_dale

Rickie Lambert on 06:33 - May 13 by frenzied

just hope he gets a game..hopefully will get a chance to impress in the warm up games in early june

maybe play him against Costa Rica ?
Rickie Lambert on 10:18 - May 14 with 1579 viewsdingdangblue

Made up for Rickie and you could tell how much it means to him to be in the squad just going off his after match interview at the weekend. Will make a change from the rabble that went to South Africa last time. Will be a proud moment for Dale when he gets on the pitch in Brazil. Even back in his Dale days I remember talking about his freekicks and the regularity he put them in the top corner - there can't have been many better at that skill down the years. All the hard work has paid off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Rickie Lambert on 10:47 - May 14 with 1555 viewsBarryStrange

Rickie Lambert on 10:18 - May 14 by dingdangblue

Made up for Rickie and you could tell how much it means to him to be in the squad just going off his after match interview at the weekend. Will make a change from the rabble that went to South Africa last time. Will be a proud moment for Dale when he gets on the pitch in Brazil. Even back in his Dale days I remember talking about his freekicks and the regularity he put them in the top corner - there can't have been many better at that skill down the years. All the hard work has paid off.

Yeah good luck to him - seems like a decent bloke who has worked hard and earned his chance. Although I am sadly not sure he will get much of an opportunity - he is up against Sturridge (who has been magnificent this season), Welbeck (who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo but is an "honest lad" so that's OK then) and Rooney (who has been quite good this season but has never performed in a major international tournament since leaving Everton). All of whom are more "fashionable" and so likely to be preferred.

At least in the unlikely event of reaching the knock-out stages his penalty record should ensure he gets on ahead of a shoot-out.

He also gets a thumbs up as unlike some dale forwards (Le Fondre, Hogan) I don't remember him ever doing anything against Bury. Good lad.
Rickie Lambert on 11:55 - May 14 with 1512 viewsnordenblue

Rickie Lambert on 10:47 - May 14 by BarryStrange

Yeah good luck to him - seems like a decent bloke who has worked hard and earned his chance. Although I am sadly not sure he will get much of an opportunity - he is up against Sturridge (who has been magnificent this season), Welbeck (who couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo but is an "honest lad" so that's OK then) and Rooney (who has been quite good this season but has never performed in a major international tournament since leaving Everton). All of whom are more "fashionable" and so likely to be preferred.

At least in the unlikely event of reaching the knock-out stages his penalty record should ensure he gets on ahead of a shoot-out.

He also gets a thumbs up as unlike some dale forwards (Le Fondre, Hogan) I don't remember him ever doing anything against Bury. Good lad.

Barry, Hogan would struggle to impact a game whilst being injured sat in the dugout in the away fixture,and the home game when down to 10 men yet again its hardly a platform to perform.Hogan has the promise to be better than ANY previous Dale striker
Rickie Lambert on 12:06 - May 14 with 1498 viewsdingdangblue

Rickie Lambert on 11:55 - May 14 by nordenblue

Barry, Hogan would struggle to impact a game whilst being injured sat in the dugout in the away fixture,and the home game when down to 10 men yet again its hardly a platform to perform.Hogan has the promise to be better than ANY previous Dale striker

Think he was paying Hogan and Lefondre backhanded compliments by saying they'd hurt bury in the past (scored goals) and Lambert hadn't. Lambert infact scored for Dale in a 1-1 draw at Spotland with the buckets. Most of our best players have done ok against bury with the likes of Dagnall,Murray,Buckley,Lefondre all scoring . Only Holty and O'Grady of any note didn't manage any.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 12:32]

Rickie Lambert on 12:07 - May 14 with 1498 viewsBarryStrange

Rickie Lambert on 11:55 - May 14 by nordenblue

Think you may have misinterpreted my last throwaway point. I was actually simply suggesting that Lambert had never done anything when he played against us - unlike Le Fondre (for both Dale and Rotherham) or Hogan (scored only goal in the only game against us he made it to half time).

Time will tell with Hogan though bearing in mind a former Dale striker is heading to the World Cup with England it is a big ask to say Hogan will achieve more in the game than Lambert.
Rickie Lambert on 12:13 - May 14 with 1491 viewsnordenblue

Rickie Lambert on 12:07 - May 14 by BarryStrange

Think you may have misinterpreted my last throwaway point. I was actually simply suggesting that Lambert had never done anything when he played against us - unlike Le Fondre (for both Dale and Rotherham) or Hogan (scored only goal in the only game against us he made it to half time).

Time will tell with Hogan though bearing in mind a former Dale striker is heading to the World Cup with England it is a big ask to say Hogan will achieve more in the game than Lambert.

No problem,Hogan isn't the finished player by any stretch but one thing he is blessed with which neither Holt or Lambert ever had is pace,whether he ends up an international is a big ask but potential wise hes in his own league for me for ex dale strikers.
A very reasoned post again Barry,you need to be careful on here you're giving other bury "fans" a bad name!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024