Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson 21:43 - Apr 14 with 5334 viewsdean7321

What a season he has has.
. One reason scoring 20 goals
. Also from a midfielder as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if a team comes in for him

Poll: best ever center back

Ian Henderson on 10:28 - Apr 15 with 5060 viewsJumeirahDale

Note he is now joint top scorer in League 1. Can't remember who the posted was who encouraged us all to back him at 12s/15s a month or two ago was, but I hope whoever it was is right!
Ian Henderson on 10:35 - Apr 15 with 5046 viewstazzydjr

I think hendo will bypass the 20 goal mark when the O's are in town next Tuesday

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Ian Henderson on 14:55 - Apr 15 with 4853 viewssweetcorn

There are two things which come into our favour when it comes to selling hendo, first of all it appears football is only a 'second job' and selling herbalife appears to make him a fair bit of income, so I could imagine enjoyment being a big part of his decision making when it comes to choosing his club, something he clearly has at rochdale, so i couldnt see him leaving for anything other than a championship club.

His age is the other one, thankfully this might put clubs off as he isn't some young lad with years ahead of him.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Ian Henderson on 22:59 - Apr 15 with 4704 viewsdingdangblue

Not sure if this has been posted before on here - but some belting goals from Hendo's pre Dale days.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ian Henderson on 23:07 - Apr 15 with 4679 viewsPDIDDY

Ian Henderson on 14:55 - Apr 15 by sweetcorn

There are two things which come into our favour when it comes to selling hendo, first of all it appears football is only a 'second job' and selling herbalife appears to make him a fair bit of income, so I could imagine enjoyment being a big part of his decision making when it comes to choosing his club, something he clearly has at rochdale, so i couldnt see him leaving for anything other than a championship club.

His age is the other one, thankfully this might put clubs off as he isn't some young lad with years ahead of him.

Haha, I remember the same being said about Ogrady, he was wealthy and didn't need to chase the money so would stay at dale, doesn't work like that. Bless

Gissa job

Ian Henderson on 23:21 - Apr 15 with 4642 viewszxcvbnm

Ian Henderson on 23:07 - Apr 15 by PDIDDY

Haha, I remember the same being said about Ogrady, he was wealthy and didn't need to chase the money so would stay at dale, doesn't work like that. Bless

O'Grady has a young family and a different type of business. I think Henderson's links with herbal life have upset previous managers and with Hill he has a manager who understands and as long as he's delivering on the pitch doesn't mind.

I think Henderson knows which side his bread is buttered

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Ian Henderson on 00:25 - Apr 16 with 4573 viewspioneer

well we know if an offer comes in for him we wont stand in his way. We seem to have a club shop philosophy...give us your best offer and you can take it away.
Ian Henderson on 03:33 - Apr 16 with 4528 viewsAtThePeake

Ian Henderson on 23:21 - Apr 15 by zxcvbnm

O'Grady has a young family and a different type of business. I think Henderson's links with herbal life have upset previous managers and with Hill he has a manager who understands and as long as he's delivering on the pitch doesn't mind.

I think Henderson knows which side his bread is buttered

Also worth remembering that the Hill/Eyre factor will have played a part in O'Grady's decision.

I can't see anyone coming in for him anyway due to his age.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Henderson on 05:30 - Apr 16 with 4511 viewsrichfoad32

Ian Henderson on 03:33 - Apr 16 by AtThePeake

Also worth remembering that the Hill/Eyre factor will have played a part in O'Grady's decision.

I can't see anyone coming in for him anyway due to his age.

You make it sound like Hendo is close to pensionable age. He's 30 years old and this isn't the 1980's any more when players would be starting to wind down their career at that age. Players today have a much better idea of nutrition and how to look after their bodies and many are playing into their mid thirties and beyond at a decent level. A team could easily offer him a 2-3 year deal and be reasonably certain of a sustained level of performance. I don't think he'll leave but it won't be because teams view him as 'too old'.
Ian Henderson on 08:07 - Apr 16 with 4435 viewsColDale

His 20 goals is all the more remarkable when you consider how many times he has hit the woodwork this season. With a bit of luck, we might have been talking closer to 30 goals.
Ian Henderson on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 4403 viewsTommoRAFC

Ian Henderson on 23:07 - Apr 15 by PDIDDY

Fair point, but we're not talking about a wage increase of £400 a week when Sheffield clubs come knocking. Players like Done and O'Grady get their wages quadrupled when they move over there. There's nobody of sound mind on this planet who wouldn't move for that!

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Ian Henderson on 09:02 - Apr 16 with 4372 viewsaleanddale

Ian Henderson on 08:33 - Apr 16 by TommoRAFC

Fair point, but we're not talking about a wage increase of £400 a week when Sheffield clubs come knocking. Players like Done and O'Grady get their wages quadrupled when they move over there. There's nobody of sound mind on this planet who wouldn't move for that!

agreed always difficult.

quadrupled salary for the same job!! erm yep they will move on.

Hendo has been unhappy at other clubs though and seems to thrive at Dale.

The North West move was underpinned with his other half moving here so unless bury come knocking with the offer of training on carrington i cant see him wanting to go anywhere else.

Great player. Few more years with us and he could knock Jones off my no1 pedestal!!!
Ian Henderson on 09:33 - Apr 16 with 4333 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 05:30 - Apr 16 by richfoad32

You make it sound like Hendo is close to pensionable age. He's 30 years old and this isn't the 1980's any more when players would be starting to wind down their career at that age. Players today have a much better idea of nutrition and how to look after their bodies and many are playing into their mid thirties and beyond at a decent level. A team could easily offer him a 2-3 year deal and be reasonably certain of a sustained level of performance. I don't think he'll leave but it won't be because teams view him as 'too old'.

If he was past it at 30 it wouldn't exactly be a ringing endorsement of Herbal Life either, assuming he practices what he preaches ....

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on 10:01 - Apr 16 with 4299 viewsD_Alien

Ian Henderson on 09:33 - Apr 16 by DaleiLama

If he was past it at 30 it wouldn't exactly be a ringing endorsement of Herbal Life either, assuming he practices what he preaches ....

Indeed. I'm fully expecting him to still be knocking in 20-odd a season and giving the woodwork some grief at the age of 55.

He could wear a special shirt sponsored by Herbalife

The club could run a research project by having Joe Bunney drink 6 pints of Guinness a day (including pre-match) to see what the effects are compared with Herbalife!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ian Henderson on 10:25 - Apr 16 with 4264 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 10:01 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

Indeed. I'm fully expecting him to still be knocking in 20-odd a season and giving the woodwork some grief at the age of 55.

He could wear a special shirt sponsored by Herbalife

The club could run a research project by having Joe Bunney drink 6 pints of Guinness a day (including pre-match) to see what the effects are compared with Herbalife!

Maybe we need to drop the Hendo moniker and rebrand him Woody Woodpecker?!?

I assumed Bunney was already on the pre-match Guinness from recent performances? I so want him to do well because he never stops running and gives 100% effort. He's looked a little indecisive recently, though, holding on to the ball for a second too long at key moments imo. If I was Hilly, I'd put half his wages behind the counter at Wilbutts chippy and have him on rag puddings, chips peas and gravy at least once a day for 6 months. He may lose half a stride but hopefully he won't be knocked off the ball so easy and will get a bit more oomph behind his shots? Think the Herbalife program may be a tad healthier than Guinness and rag puddings though.

Ian Henderson on 10:30 - Apr 16 with 4252 viewsTalkingSutty

Ian Henderson on 10:25 - Apr 16 by DaleiLama

Maybe we need to drop the Hendo moniker and rebrand him Woody Woodpecker?!?

I assumed Bunney was already on the pre-match Guinness from recent performances? I so want him to do well because he never stops running and gives 100% effort. He's looked a little indecisive recently, though, holding on to the ball for a second too long at key moments imo. If I was Hilly, I'd put half his wages behind the counter at Wilbutts chippy and have him on rag puddings, chips peas and gravy at least once a day for 6 months. He may lose half a stride but hopefully he won't be knocked off the ball so easy and will get a bit more oomph behind his shots? Think the Herbalife program may be a tad healthier than Guinness and rag puddings though.

It could be my eyes playing up again but Bunney looks to have put on a bit of weight, either that or his hair seems to have thickened out a bit.
Ian Henderson on 10:32 - Apr 16 with 4241 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 10:30 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

It could be my eyes playing up again but Bunney looks to have put on a bit of weight, either that or his hair seems to have thickened out a bit.

Praps he forgot to take his vest off when he was getting changed?

Ian Henderson on 10:37 - Apr 16 with 4230 viewsaleanddale

back to Hendo

a shoe in for league 1 team of the year??
Ian Henderson on 11:10 - Apr 16 with 4202 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on 10:37 - Apr 16 by aleanddale

back to Hendo

a shoe in for league 1 team of the year??

He has my vote

Ian Henderson on 11:57 - Apr 16 with 4153 viewsCockneyDale

Ian Henderson on 08:07 - Apr 16 by ColDale

His 20 goals is all the more remarkable when you consider how many times he has hit the woodwork this season. With a bit of luck, we might have been talking closer to 30 goals.

A couple of missed penalties too
Ian Henderson on 12:13 - Apr 16 with 4131 viewsdingdangblue

Ian Henderson on 11:57 - Apr 16 by CockneyDale

A couple of missed penalties too

You could count them as "hitting the woodwork". He should have had another penalty v Crawley but Done took it and didn't hit the woodwork - he hit the keeper!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Ian Henderson on 18:18 - Apr 16 with 3962 viewsdingdangblue

20 goals

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024